PLEASE STOP WITH THE RANDOM EVENT REWARDS

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 869
edited April 2021 in General Discussions
Dev's

You will know everyone wants the earrings from this event. And NOBODY wants tonnes of the other rubbish.

So in future PLEASE consider making ALL rewards useful, or have a black market turn in system or ToT etc

Sure, I want one of all the items on offer as a keep sake, but I do NOT want loads of dissection kits, crystal and dead bodies.

So why not make the earrings a major reward and have us do the quest, turn in a number of the other things for the earrings.

This is getting tedious ALREADY, and not fun doing over 20 quests so far and getting 1 pair of earrings.  
THE REST IS JUNK, surely you know this by now?????????

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,061
    What is your idea for this event? Do the quest that takes maybe an hour and get 20 pairs of earrings (which are the best earrings in the game) for each of your chars and stash a few away? People would do that quest a few times and be done with it and would be asking for new content 2 days into it. 

You are also assuming the other pieces won't do something down the road which you don't know for sure one way or the other.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 869
    edited April 2021
    Nope,

My idea would be like the treasures of event,  you get low end rewards and you cash them in for the earrings.

The quest take about 25mins and you have a very low chance to get the earrings. And yes I want them for quite a few of my chars, so what?

If it means I have to complete this quest 10 times to then trade in the low end items for earrings then I would be all over this like a rash until event is finished.

So far I have done 30 runs, got 1 pair, and motivation is VERY low.

With regards to other items being useful in future, then you you can keep them like minax artifacts, ToT minors etc. But YOU, the player have a choice.

People going out the treasure of event to get the good spell books etc, something to aim for.
    This event is a 25/30 min grind out with little chance of the rewards you, or certainly I want.

So will I have to do 500 off quests in a few weeks, juggling real life as well to be able to maybe get the items I want?

This if it carries on with get very old, very quick 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2021
    “You've done the quest 20 times, that’s playing the game for around 7 hours, I’d say they done a good job entertaining you there. If they gave the earrings every time, they’d be valueless and you’d just buy a pair for all chars for 1 mill each.
    By the sounds of it, you’ll continue to play a little longer too”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    I am thankful its not the same as invasion when there are so few mages and the chances of getting a specific slayer in +30 and the +50 SDI spellbook is even slimmer. And we have to clear an entire city of Generals, Captains and Lieutenants to start the next quest.

Let's say if we are lucky, those half dozen of similar item like the dissected meat could have been earrings instead. RNG is random meaning that if luck is on your side, you could have say 6 earrings by now, then this post would not exist.

So far I have 3 earrings.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Do the quest 10 times get 10 minors like the corpse, crucible etc, then turn them in for the earrings?

THAT is what I am suggesting.  Not being greedy, not wanting earring everything. Wanting to be able to choose them after doing the quests many times over.

Just like ToT 
    Yeah, I get the same feeling that its either one or nothing (no consolation prizes), which is why I asked for cleanup points in the other thread. But anyway, this does not require ALL CAP HEADING. Just saying, no offense! :D
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,286
    Did not realize this quest only takes most players a hour or less to do.  Wow!
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited April 2021
    The deco drops should of been from the quest only, let the rpers do their thing...

But the earrings tho, they should of dropped either :
    1 : from a current boss revamp of its loot
    or 
    2 : from a new encounter boss 

For such a power item , it shouldnt drop from a childish 30 minute quest. ( that even EJs can do !)

Let's compare sash items with these earrings : 5 DCI vs 15 sdi and 125 luck... seems balanced.

Imo the earrings should of been no more than 5 sdi, not talking how they crushed previous earrings stats, but now they just made it pretty hard to introduce new earrings artifact in the future... what are the next earrings going to looks like power creep ? 15 HCI with 25% enhance potions ?

Balance in this game...

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Do the quest 10 times get 10 minors like the corpse, crucible etc, then turn them in for the earrings?

THAT is what I am suggesting.  Not being greedy, not wanting earring everything. Wanting to be able to choose them after doing the quests many times over.

Just like ToT 
    This is what should happen.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 508
    edited April 2021

And NOBODY wants tonnes of the other rubbish.

Y'all just have to understand this isn't true. Your experience playing the game isn't invalid but it doesn't speak for every other player.
    Jepeth said:

Y'all just have to understand this isn't true. Your experience playing the game isn't invalid but it doesn't speak for every other player.
    after 30 rounds I have so many corpses trees and crucibles etc, one of each is fine, anything else is a waste of time and a missed opportunity.

I have yet to find anyone who just loves getting endless broken crystals.

Anything that is RP lead should be a one off keepsake, remember candle of love event?  awesome. 

This, like the treasures of and ToT should have a reward to earn, not randomness

the earrings are high end items, and should be gotten by turning in lesser items.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited April 2021
    Hopefully @Kyronix and the other minions understand that many of us are fine with lore rewards mixed in. We do all content with a chance to get the drop we consider the best. The devs put some lore items in instead of items with lesser stats that get thrown away also.

Not everyone is like me I understand, I have collected my set of deco items and a pair of earrings. I have other houses so I would be happy to collect more sets. You can always drop things on the ground like we do with primers and pinks we don't want.

I hope that the developers see that the OP is completely out for themselves and they should ignore all the changes he proposes. Especially the IDOC ones.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 508
    Jepeth said:

This, like the treasures of and ToT should have a reward to earn, not randomness

the earrings are high end items, and should be gotten by turning in lesser items.
    The event hasn't even been live for a week. Maybe slow down? Space it out? Me personally I'm fine with receiving duplicates because I expect to eventually trade the items around to help others complete their sets.

This is not Treasures of Tokuno, though. These items aren't 'lesser' simply because you're not into the story aspect. The point of them is the story. They're not a means to an end for a better item. You can be disappointed in that but I just don't think it's a good idea to try and speak for all other players when offering feedback. 
    Pawain said:
    Hopefully @ Kyronix and the other minions understand that many of us are fine with lore rewards mixed in. We do all content with a chance to get the drop we consider the best. The devs put some lore items in instead of items with lesser stats that get thrown away also.

Not everyone is like me I understand, I have collected my set of deco items and a pair of earrings. I have other houses so I would be happy to collect more sets. You can always drop things on the ground like we do with primers and pinks we don't want.

I hope that the developers see that the OP is completely out for themselves and they should ignore all the changes he proposes. Especially the IDOC ones.
    have we ever agreed on anything ?  :)
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 202
    Play the content, enjoy the game. Didn't get what you want, do it again. 

Sounds sort of like complaining to the lotto officials about getting a free ticked or $1 instead of a million dollar prize. You've played 20 times. What the heck. This needs to be changed. 

Plenty of people are into deco. You can just give away what you do not need. There will be plenty of people to take it. 

*Tosses another log on the fire and wiggles deeper in to the blankets in his chair by the fire.* 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 851
    I'm not opposed to a turn-in reward vendor to exchange x amount of rewards for 1 you want.

However the exchange rate for something like this should be 4 (half of the total rewards available) items for 1 of your choice, it would also raise the value of the less desirable items because they'd be a form of currency toward the one(s) most desirable.

you'd have a chance of being rewarded the one you actually want, if not it'll take 4 runs to get it.

You should also need to complete the quest at least once in order to exchange rewards.

I did the quest 21 times results are as follows

1 Yukio's Glassblowing kit.
    1 Dissected Small Animal Corpse
    2 Yukio's Bonsai
    2 Yukio's Crucible
    3 Yukio's Glass Earrings    
    3 Dissection Kits
    4 Yukio's Abacus
    5 Broken Power Crystals    - I actaully had this drop 4x in a row... RNG never ceases to disappoint in UO.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited April 2021
    The deco drops should of been from the quest only, let the rpers do their thing...

But the earrings tho, they should of dropped either :
    1 : from a current boss revamp of its loot
    or 
    2 : from a new encounter boss 

For such a power item , it shouldnt drop from a childish 30 minute quest. ( that even EJs can do !)

Let's compare sash items with these earrings : 5 DCI vs 15 sdi and 125 luck... seems balanced.

Imo the earrings should of been no more than 5 sdi, not talking how they crushed previous earrings stats, but now they just made it pretty hard to introduce new earrings artifact in the future... what are the next earrings going to looks like power creep ? 15 HCI with 25% enhance potions ?

Balance in this game...

Well, the 30mins is not a sure drop. I was on an unlucky streak for at least 4 to 5 hours yesterday, and my hand went numb, neck became stiff with zero earrings. I felt burnout and decided to take a break after this,

My sampire is not a newbie character and he has years of refinement, skill adjustments and gearing to become what he is now. It's not an EJ thing. It’s not even the best sampire but any EJ seeking to match the same will take years if they don’t have the gold to buy all gears. It’s very expensive. 
  • LexLex Posts: 38
    I really hope this event wont be turned off!
    The earrings cant be pof:ed, which means once you use up all 255 repairs it's gone.

• psychopsycho Posts: 282
    edited April 2021

Rather make the yukio earings 100% drop, with a harder quest (thougher mosters or more monsters to kill)  or the alternative postet here to make the items turn-in, just like the virtue tile quest chain.

Getting a little tired of seeing quests designed for super players that can solo a Yamandon in 15 seconds.  That really discriminates against those of that have to work several days to complete it by providing us with a nearly 90% probability of receiving a piece of junk as a quest reward. Other recent quests have allowed all players willing to make the effort to get something they actually want.  Now you appear to be going back to the old standard designed to keep long time players happy and discourage everyone else.

• Arnold7 said:
    Getting a little tired of seeing quests designed for super players that can solo a Yamandon in 15 seconds.  That really discriminates against those of that have to work several days to complete it by providing us with a nearly 90% probability of receiving a piece of junk as a quest reward. Other recent quests have allowed all players willing to make the effort to get something they actually want.  Now you appear to be going back to the old standard designed to keep long time players happy and discourage everyone else.

It isn't designed for Super players, it was designed for groups. Some people can solo a Yamadon, some people cannot which is ok. if you can't then get a group together.  as far as the rewards, you might think they're all junk except the earrings, but there may be a purpose to them later on, we'll have to wait to see. even if they aren't then you still have a memento of the event,
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

You will hear gate up for yammy many times a day on LS.  Do all of you play UO as a single player game?
    Maybe the junk remark was a little over the top.  Know some players really like to collect deco items.  Just not for me.  Still trying to advance.  Enjoy events that allow me to pick and choose.  Did not know this event was designed for groups.  Might try it that way but even then will only be able to play it a couple of times if that.  Can’t afford to play a quest that will take several days when the chance of getting something I can use is so remote.
    Maybe they should make a shard for players like Arnold and popps. A permanent test center where you just ask for items in overhead chat and get them in your backpack.

Yamandons have been around for a long time. I used to kill them with imbued items and items from the ToT rewards.
    edited April 2021
    May not be an apple to apple comparison but uo players are pretty hard core in terms of handling difficult monsters to get a specific hard to get item like Doom, Shadowguards, Myrmidex quest. They all require multiple steps with very tough minions before we can even fight the bosses and then you can't get what you want specifically. I hate to do them at times because you can end up with nothing and it's way tougher.

I have already gotten 5 earrings in less than a week so maybe luck is on my side. But there are many good players out there who stayed with us for the fight in Invasion and clear the spawns even when the 50 sdi spellbook is so rare and competitive among players (fighting for few 2 or 3 mages in Each Invasion spawn). They all came back to fight for Yukio.

As some players told me, if you want easier sure get, can always use VS. 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    As long as you damage the creatures on the list, you’ll most likely get credit. You don’t have to solo a yamadon. If someone is already fighting one, hit it a few times with something. 

This is also why spells like earthquake are good here because you can damage a bunch of creatures (ex: deathwatch beetles) and as they are killed by you and other players, you’ll see credit going to you for each damaged creature. 
    edited April 2021
    Arnold7 said:

So you prefer to fight a whole dungeon of Paragons vs one Yamandon which you can easily share a kill with another player in 15 seconds?

By the way if anyone says skipping the paragon is a solution, that is in fact a selfish act because the whole dungeon became infested with paragons and guess what, sampires are ones who need to waste precious armor and weapon durability to kill them all later. (and Sampires cannot even leech life from Paragons!) Tamers and mages just all kill or cast spell from far.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Seth said:
    Arnold7 said:

So you prefer to fight a whole dungeon of Paragons vs one Yamandon which you can easily share a kill with another player in 15 seconds?

By the way if anyone says skipping the paragon is a solution, that is in fact a selfish act because the whole dungeon became infested with paragons and guess what, sampires are ones who need to waste precious armor and weapon durability to kill them all later. (and Sampires cannot even leech life from Paragons!) Tamers and mages just all kill or cast spell from far.

dungeon event was way better you had a challenge and at least the time you invested you can chose the reqard you wanted...
  • All in all, I am pleased with the event and the rewards so far. I haven't gotten any earrings yet, but won't be miffed if I do not because I have gotten enjoyment out of the event in the little time I have been able to play it. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited April 2021
    DROP RATE NEEDS TO BE FIXED

I got my ONLY pair of earrings at 14th run and now just finished my 24th and am still getting rubbish. 

Take a look at what someone else is saying on FB, is this a FAIR GAME? 

This discussion has been closed.