Pub 110 Feedback - Reward Items

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,729
    The one concern I have about the vessel is, it is now a KEY piece that will need to set as such, not like a chest, basket, or a jewelry box that can be placed in a bedroom. No this will have to be placed in the main courtyard like a water Fountain would be. Or on the roof top. I love being able to store my Stones in a safe place that is not a vet reward that would vanish if (God please forbid) my house fell.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,896
    Drakelord said:
    The one concern I have about the vessel is, it is now a KEY piece that will need to set as such, not like a chest, basket, or a jewelry box that can be placed in a bedroom. No this will have to be placed in the main courtyard like a water Fountain would be. Or on the roof top. I love being able to store my Stones in a safe place that is not a vet reward that would vanish if (God please forbid) my house fell.
    I love being able to store my Stones in a safe place that is not a vet reward that would vanish if (God please forbid) my house fell.
    To this purpose, has anyone tested whether this Soulstones Vessel container actually works in one's own BANK BOX to store one's own Soulstones in a safer place as a House which could fell and get them lost for good ?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited March 2021
    TimSt said:
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    Hook's Shield: 
    Love the 10% SDI and the +1 faster casting.
    I would change the Fire Resist to Physical Resist to counter the -10 from the Protection Spell.
    I would also change the Poison Resist to a +3 mana regen and a +7 mana bonus
    I thought of the phy resist also but it has FC +1, so you should not use protection with this item.

Mana Bonus would be better.  IMO I would not need the DCI. Unless your mage has parry, you wont benefit from DCI.

I would rather have a shield where I use all the properties.
    With a +1 FC on the shield it would bring my pre-protection FC to 4 and after protection FC to 2. I am already at 7 FCR so don't need any more of that.
    Protection reduces the Cap by 2. FC Cap for mage spells is 2.  So when using protection for magery spells the FC cap is 0  it does not matter if you have 4 FC. For magery spells the cap is 0 either way. It may say you have 4 but your magery spells are cast with 0 FC when you use protection.  For other magics they are above 0.

Mine is a mage with protection.  The DCI is useless I stand away from melee attacks. The FC 1 is useless since my cap is 0. I already have all 70s resists. So the only stat I would use on the shield is the 10 SDI.  I have 135 now, and looking at other mages on TC yesterday I only saw 1 player with higher SDI.

I'm not trying to change the shield, seems like others like it. Ill keep my current shield because I use all the properties it has.  I'll transmog it onto a crafted Pirate shield.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • On the ostard .. my only two cents is if you prevent it from having vicious bite in PvP then it’s a lot less likely to have a negative impact 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 778
    Cookie said:

Hey again @ kyronix,

I'd still like to propose a future parry mage style shield - maybe as a future VvV reward or something. I guess this shield is really a bit more tailored for pure pvp parry mages.

• Spell Channeling
    • Defence Chance Increase 15%
    • Reactive Paralyse
    • Soul Charge 30%
    • If Spare - STR any amount.

This shield is already craftable, and drops as loot too.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Lex said:
    @ Kyronix
    Don't invalidate banes. People spent a lot of time and effort to get these.
    Pre-patch pets have a niche in this game. 
    Ostards should have a different niche, not just be carbon copies of previous content. 

I have to agree with this. The Ostards will have a role, just shouldn't be a bane that is a old and rare pet. Keep them at 4 slot if you want, just beef them up a bit.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,245
    Cookie said:

Hey again @ kyronix,

I'd still like to propose a future parry mage style shield - maybe as a future VvV reward or something. I guess this shield is really a bit more tailored for pure pvp parry mages.

• Spell Channeling
    • Defence Chance Increase 15%
    • Reactive Paralyse
    • Soul Charge 30%
    • If Spare - STR any amount.

This shield is already craftable, and drops as loot too.

Not in the quantities I need. :)
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Pawain said:

Protection reduces the Cap by 2. FC Cap for mage spells is 2.  So when using protection for magery spells the FC cap is 0  it does not matter if you have 4 FC. For magery spells the cap is 0 either way. It may say you have 4 but your magery spells are cast with 0 FC when you use protection.  For other magics they are above 0.

Mine is a mage with protection.  The DCI is useless I stand away from melee attacks. The FC 1 is useless since my cap is 0. I already have all 70s resists. So the only stat I would use on the shield is the 10 SDI.  I have 135 now, and looking at other mages on TC yesterday I only saw 1 player with higher SDI.

I'm not trying to change the shield, seems like others like it. Ill keep my current shield because I use all the properties it has.  I'll transmog it onto a crafted Pirate shield.
    Dont use protection then. Or you can use weapon with FC-1. 
    My mystic garg will love this shield. I will replace Hephaestus. 
    If you think 70 resists is enough- it is your opinion. You never used forms: wraith, stone or reaper ? I do. 
    SDI is not only for mages. 

After reading all this topic- I mostly see ideas like "this will not fit my suit- change it". 
    Shield is not bad. It is only thing with SDI for this slot. So it SHOULD be not what you want on other stats. Especially being repairable, POFable and not cursed, and so easy to get.
    Want this and that- go grind legendaries. Without 10% SDI and mostly brittle.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,059
    Gwen said:
    If you think 70 resists is enough- it is your opinion. You never used forms: wraith, stone or reaper ? I do. 

After reading all this topic- I mostly see ideas like "this will not fit my suit- change it". 
    Shield is not bad. It is only thing with SDI for this slot. So it SHOULD be not what you want on other stats. Especially being repairable, POFable and not cursed, and so easy to get.
    I agree. As per usual many people are only thinking of their own build rather than bigger picture.

Shield will be the only SDI shield in the game. For people who want even more SDI this shield is awesome! Some people are already using inferior pieces of armor just for the SDI (some people use Greymist gloves). The FC 1 will go towards Weaving spells since the cap (I believe) is 4 FC on weaving spells so WOD caster will surely benefit. Lastly the DCI 15 to my knowledge doesn't require parry so people can use a mage weapon and still benefit from DCI... I know a mage doesn't intend to take melee damage but it happens (also helps with ranged attacks).

One thing that I mentioned to Kyronix yesterday that has largely been overlooked is that the Pirate Lord and First Mate titles are ridiculously expensive for a title. He justified it yesterday by saying it's a noteworthy title but at upwards of 10x MORE points than almost every other title at 15-30k points this is a huge spike when the titles don't actually do anything for you. If these item stay at 150k & 300k they will likely go unclaimed (I could get 2 tritons AND have 20k points left over as opposed to getting the Pirate Lord title. 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Gwen said:
    Pawain said:

There is a pretty short list of items for making a max SDI suit.  Using all of those items typically means the only suit pieces that isn’t an artifact is the gloves.  If you enhance the gloves you can get pretty close to all 70 except physical resist when you drop into protection.  It would be great if this item (the only shield slot item with SDI) could coordinate its resists in concert with all the other SDI items, even if it’s just a random chance at which resists spawn on the item.
    edited March 2021
    @Gwen and @keven2002 ; I already said at the beginning of this thread and in the post you replied to.  I wont use this shield. I like protection and it is not worth it to me for just 10SDI.
    Unless the exact shield I use happens to appear with SDI, I wont change shields.

There are many artifacts I don't want to use. I don't use Halo because the FC is a useless stat for me.

If yall like a Different form of Hephaestus, then great for you.

I got my wish, the crafted shield is blank.

• HippoHippo Posts: 266
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    Hook's Shield: 
    I would change the Fire Resist to Physical Resist to counter the -10 from the Protection Spell.
    I thought of the phy resist also but it has FC +1, so you should not use protection with this item.

Mana Bonus would be better.  IMO I would not need the DCI. Unless your mage has parry, you wont benefit from DCI.

I always put DCI on my mage weps and shields and none have Parry. So DCI is a wasted mod for non-parry mages? Twenty years in this uO world and I still learn something new every day...
    edited March 2021
    Hippo said:
    Pawain said:
    TimSt said:
    Hook's Shield: 

I always put DCI on my mage weps and shields and none have Parry. So DCI is a wasted mod for non-parry mages? Twenty years in this uO world and I still learn something new every day...
    Its the weapon skill I mis spoke. Sorry. So you are good when using a mage weapon.

I did find this reply.  Its if you have no weapon skill and DCI being ineffective.
    https://community.stratics.com/threads/dogs.405179/#post-2972031

I have no weapon skill and no parry on my mage. Therfore DCI is not worth stat spots. When you have no weapon skill and no parry.

I see a lot of tamer mages running around with shields that have DCI and only carrying a spellbook.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 266
    Tried morphing a garg shield over to a blank pirate - won't let me - says diff racial items. Where is soulforge on TC1 so that I can try to alter a blank pirate shield to make a garg destination shield.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Hippo said:
    Tried morphing a garg shield over to a blank pirate - won't let me - says diff racial items. Where is soulforge on TC1 so that I can try to alter a blank pirate shield to make a garg destination shield.
    i was gonna point out Gargoyles getting no love here...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited March 2021
    Gargs can use the shield from the Black market at least.

Did you try crafting it with a Garg?
  • @Kyronix as few people have suggested:
    Hook's Shield: 
    I would suggest change the Resist to something more useful like  HPI or  +3 mana regen or something in that level.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    Yes those ostard need to be 3 slot my vote
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2021
    Grace said:
    Please do not take off the resist on the shield but instead make it random resists so physical has a chance to be on there and keep the fast cast for sure.

The people saying they don't need resists are not playing max sdi pvm mages. Unless they don't care about all 70s or are putting resists on jewels.
    PVM mages (160 sdi max, see below), I feel the following are its weakness:
    1) HPI too low
    2) Physical, Cold and Energy Resist too low.

So.... Hook’s Shield
    • Spell Channeling
    • Defense Chance Increase 15%
    • Spell Damage Increase 10%
    • Faster Casting 1
    • Fire Resist 10%
    • Poison Resist 10%
    Hook's Shield adds +1FC (after protection -2FC) and make this a (160+10=) 170 SDI mage but provided 2 resists, fire (70) and poison (55) which are not the weakest resist for SDI mage.

For mages, DCI 15% would be more useful for PVP rather than PVM. Mages in PVM should stay away from melee all the time. I conclude that this shield was not designed for PVM mages in mind, but its for PVP!

So for PVP mages, resist is really not an issue because it is equipped with legendary armor. I think HPI, mana regen, soul charge or reactive paralyze would be nice for PVP mages.

P.S. Please remember this, don't nerf this like we did to Parry Mastery Shield Bash. If you think this is over powered please say so now.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Hook's Shield gives 1FC (after protection)

That only works for spells other than magery.  When using protection on mage spells your cap is 0.
    You can not go higher than FC 0 for mage spells even if you have 4 FC.  Using the shield, Halo and a 50 book you will have 0 FC on your mage spells, not 3 - 2.

edited March 2021
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

That only works for spells other than magery.  When using protection on mage spells your cap is 0.
    You can not go higher than FC 0 for mage spells even if you have 4 FC.  Using the shield, Halo and a 50 book you will have 0 FC on your mage spells, not 3 - 2.

Ok, that is what I recalled last time, but after the feedback from other player today, I checked the websites just now and all says FC -2. They should say FC is 0 once protection is activated lol.
    edited March 2021
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

Ok, that is what I recalled last time, but after the feedback from other player today, I checked the websites just now and all says FC -2. They should say FC is 0 once protection is activated lol.
    Yup it is confusing. That's why I showed the only description that says you get 0.  lol

Other magics have caps above 2 so you get a benefit if you increase above 2.
    I hope the armor in Wildfire is the same color as the Ostard!!!!
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited March 2021
    Pawain said:
    MissE said:
    How are these rewards going to be obtained?
    Each section has a Title. This section is Black Market and Dynamic.  The pet will be from Treasures of Wildfire.  

As I asked how are these rewards going to be obtained?  This is the Black Market & Dynamic Reward feedback.  I am not asking about the ostard.   Is this just stuff added to something already in game?  So basically doing becons and the stuff we already do?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    The shield is missing from top oblique view.
    Black ostard looks good

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Pawain said:
    I hope the armor in Wildfire is the same color as the Ostard!!!!

And NOT Shard Bound!!! :D ;)

MissE said:
    Pawain said:
    MissE said:
    How are these rewards going to be obtained?
    Each section has a Title. This section is Black Market and Dynamic.  The pet will be from Treasures of Wildfire.  

As I asked how are these rewards going to be obtained?  This is the Black Market & Dynamic Reward feedback.  I am not asking about the ostard.   Is this just stuff added to something already in game?  So basically doing becons and the stuff we already do?
    Yes the first event is the new items on the Black Market. There are multiple color Orchids, new titles, Palm Trees, a shield.    Will take a lot of points to get them all.  Either you like the new items or you don't. Already busy seas on LS.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,245
    edited March 2021

Back to Hook's Shield and this DCI debate. And Resist debate.

DCI is it's own separate Defence modification that helps protect against HCI.

It is separate, and can work independently of anything else, so it is always worth having.

If you want the full defensive works though, you want 120 Wrestle, 120 Parry and 45% DCI. (or use weapon defence, but I don't recognise weapons on a mage).

So the DCI is pretty much fine for anyone. Even if you play full protection, it is still defending you.

I run a PvM mage 99% of the time, and I play a lot. I don't use Protection spell, it's too slow casting for me, and I don't want the resist penalty. I do use DCI, and I do use the Resists themselves.

I have shared my SDI Mage Suit, which as has been noted, there is almost only 1 build for anyway, and I've pretty much done it. With my SDI suit, I could put in 2 Legendary Jewels, and therefore whack SDI up to 18 on those 2 slots. I've used the Legendary Gloves, and Imbued/or Legendary Jewels to balance the suit, it is very possible to get within 6 SDI points of Maximum, and have a completely balanced suit, as my spreadsheet shows. This is not "just" my suit, this is pretty much the Template, as it uses about 10 fixed pieces.

In one sense, the shield could be left as it is. The Shield is amazing, lets not lose sight of that.

If we were looking for complete balance of all the SDI parts, the 10 Fire Resist on Hook's shield would be moved to 10 Physical Resist, because this would set off against the Low 5 Physical Resist on Kelps Leggings - which cannot then be made up anywhere else - see spreadsheet. (Not completely the Truth - it could be made up on Legendary Jewels - but they would need 10 Phys Resist, 18 SDI, 5 DCI and 2 FCR - so getting hard to put together for the final balancing piece).

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2021
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

Regarding this offtopic protection discussion

Mervyn says both the buff description and the spell description in game are not correct and there is already a bug report for the buff on May 2018 protection buff description is not technically correct - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com) but this in book description is also not technically correct. 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:

Mervyn says both the buff description and the spell description in game are not correct and there is already a bug report for the buff on May 2018 protection buff description is not technically correct - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com) but this in book description is also not technically correct. 
    [Off Topic]
    Mervyn is missing! This is a Bug!!
    [/Off Topic]