Pub 110 Feedback - Reward Items

Comments

• GraceGrace Posts: 145
    After messing around more with the Ostard, I think it would make a good mid content pet.  

It is also going to help people like me who twitch at having a pet with such low hit points at
    the end.  Just don't take that kind of pet to something that is over its head, am trying to get better at realizing all pets can't be all things.  And that you don't have to max scroll every new pet to have
    a fun fighting partner. 

• SynnSynn Posts: 16
    Lootdude said:
    A few comments on the wildfire ostard:

I wonder if we can change the elemental damage spread a bit. It has been AGES since there has been a 5-slot ridable pet, and it may take another eternity until we get a new one. Currently, there is no poison elemental damage pet you can ride that goes to 5 slots, the best options being a Reptalon or Bane Dragon (both 25% poison elemental damage).

Instead of tinkering with intensity points, I suggest to give the ostard a bit more poisoning elemental damage (perhaps not 100% but maybe raise it from 25% to 50%+). Poison elemental damage and poisoning (i.e. the hidden reactive poisoning ability that needs to recharged with blackrock stews) go well with each other, as low poisoning elemental resist mobs are often also vulnerable to poisoning. This way the wildfire ostard will also be more interesting for PVM players, as opposed to being a pvp pet primarily.

Thanks for reading this.
    I agree w/ the above.  The elemental damage spread matters on pets in PvM in order to maximize DPS unless they have Chiv.  Preferably, I would to see other builds other than Chiv/AI to give some type of uniqueness to the new pet.  

I would like to see elemental damages in Phys, Fire or Poison .  Mainly for the debuff abilities - Grasping Claw and Inferno.  If you have Necro build, Corpse Skin will debuff  Poison and Fire but raise Phys. If your character is a Bard, add Disco against the enemy.  

However, the pack instincts ability can make this pet standout.  Since this is 3 slot pack instinct pet, add 2 Frenzies DI increases by 50%.  Then add Grasping Claw to reduce Phys by -15.  Since Frenzies are 100% Phys, their damage output also increases.  If you add Bard Inspire buff, DI increases 40% (and higher with Bard skills) and Disco to decrease their resistances even further - overall DPS can be pretty crazy. You can see how this can wreck mid to low physical resistance targets quickly.  

As for it being the leader of the pack,  the resistances are kinda meh... but that's a tradeoff with higher damage output.  If you kill them fast enough, then resistances become secondary.

Giving it the ability to be trained to 5 slots can make it into a solo and somewhat tankable pet.  But then again, there's so many other pets can be better job at that i.e. Triton, Cu, G-Dragon, Frost Dragon due to their overcapped resistances or healing abilities.  I would prefer a pet that's different and can fill a specific role, than just solo everything whether it's PvP or PvM. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Synn said:.

Giving it the ability to be trained to 5 slots can make it into a solo and somewhat tankable pet.  But then again, there's so many other pets can be better job at that i.e. Triton, Cu, G-Dragon, Frost Dragon due to their overcapped resistances or healing abilities.  I would prefer a pet that's different and can fill a specific role, than just solo everything whether it's PvP or PvM. 
    Only one of those you mentioned is ridable. So it’s either Gargoyle or on foot as human if not rideable.

For my case, I prefer another alternative as good as Cu so that not everyone uses Cu...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited March 2021
    The Wildfire Ostard has those Damages because it is a Bane Dragon Copy.  But fewer HP.

I would rather have pet without physical.  Most pets in Eodon have physical damage. No one uses them.
    A lesser Hiryu is 100% physical and can be built into anything but magery type magics.  How many of you use Hiryus for something other than Dreadhorn.

Yall need to look up resists on Mobs....Most are highest in Physical.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 197
    Pawain said:
    @ popps can you post some pics of the Wildfire Ostard you built?  Where did you test them after?

Pawain said:
    @ popps can you post some pics of the Wildfire Ostard you built?  Where did you test them after?
    Pawain said:
    @ popps can you post some pics of the Wildfire ?

I'm very curious also....

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    vortex said:
    Pawain said:

Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    @ popps can you post some pics of the Wildfire ?

I'm very curious also....

LOL ME THREE   Come on @popps where are they, show us them pics.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,059
    @Kyronix - Any reason the new black market rewards are not available? I wasn't able to do additional testing of the shields over the weekend since they weren't there all weekend.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    They have to be repopulated each day, so stock up in case I don't get an opportunity to update the NPC.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 778
    Hooks Shield - cannot be used or converted for gargoyle use.  These all failed:
    1. Tried to carpenter alter to gargoyle: fail.
    2. Tried to transmog to human wooden shield, then carpenter alter to gargoyle.  fail.
    3. Tried to transmog to gargoyle wooden shield, fail.
    I have confirmed Kyronix added the items back to the Blackmarket today.

@popps - I asked at today's M&G specifically about the Hook Map. While Kyronix didn't want to spoil the item before it was even to be used, he did confirm that it will be begin to have its use during the Souless Seduction arc that is scheduled for April. 
    @ForeverFun did you try equipping the shield with a gargoyle?
    edited March 2021
    Kyronix said:
    @ ForeverFun did you try equipping the shield with a gargoyle?
    Interesting, the "native" hooks shield does equip with a gargoyle.  (First shield that is racial agnostic?).

The hooks shield that was transmogrified to a human wooden shield cannot be equipped by gargoyle.  So Gargoyles can't transmog the shield, that seems ok, but may be worth documenting that limitation in the patch notes?
    edited March 2021
    @ForeverFun if you were turning the Hook's Shield into the Wooden Shield then no, a gargoyle would not be able to equip the wooden shield.  It's not "transferring" the gargoyle equipment ability.  You would need to transmogrify to a shield a gargie can equip.
    edited March 2021
    Kyronix said:
    @ ForeverFun if you were turning the Hook's Shield into the Wooden Shield then no, a gargoyle would not be able to equip the wooden shield.  It's not "transferring" the gargoyle equipment ability.  You would need to transmogrify to a shield a gargie can equip.
    When I tried to transmog to a garg wooden shield (no altering involved - a crafted garg wooden shield), that failed, along the lines of not changing racial allowed error message.

• ObsidianObsidian Posts: 22
    @Kyronix what are latest thoughts on the wildfire ostard?  Are you able to buff it at all while keeping it a 3 slot? 
    @Obsidian - No, ran through a couple of test runs with suggestions here and it's right at the threshold from 3/4.  
    Kyronix said:
    @ Obsidian - No, ran through a couple of test runs with suggestions here and it's right at the threshold from 3/4.  
    Next ridable pet leave magery off so we can build it better, Thanks

Also with the system counting magery, eval Necro SS like it does. We will never have a Necromage pet that builds well unless you just make it start at 5 slots.  Or a max stat 1 slot maybe.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,896
    edited March 2021
    keven2002 said:
    I have confirmed Kyronix added the items back to the Blackmarket today.

@ popps - I asked at today's M&G specifically about the Hook Map. While Kyronix didn't want to spoil the item before it was even to be used, he did confirm that it will be begin to have its use during the Souless Seduction arc that is scheduled for April. 
    Alright thanks, probably they did not have enough time to have it start with the "A Pirate's Life" March Event...

I would have seen it perfectly fitting in the "A Pirate's Life" March Event, though, since, after all, that is what Pirates are all into,Treasures and Treasure Maps.... and Hook is a Pirate also...

Oh well...... I guess that I can wait April, I just hope it will be a great fun new content for Treasure Hunters and that, also, we'll be able to do multiple of these Hook's Treasure Maps and not just one.
  • HeskeyHeskey Posts: 5
    popps keep repeating his opinions as "facts" as "being bad for the game".
    It's not bad for the game. If every thing in this game is easy to achieve. That's what makes UO different to most games. By not having everything spoonfed we see both veterans and new players that still play and want to get the end-game stuff. 

If I have no goals left in the game, such as acquiring the perfect castle plot or prime real-estate in Luna, or perfect pet I would not keep playing after 20 years.

Having something to work towards is what keeps us veterans ingame.  If it's easy to get everything min-maxed, we might just as well just skip everything and award everything to everyone and have broadsword sell cosmetics for every item..

Having wildifre ostards be able to be trained for specific things is decent, so PVP:ers fdont get locked out from competitive play. But leave the legacy banes able to have the more broad training (skillpoints) for those that really want to do all content with one pet and not have to switch, it also enables them to show off their hard earned posessions.
  • HeskeyHeskey Posts: 5
    Synn said:

I agree w/ the above.  The elemental damage spread matters on pets in PvM in order to maximize DPS unless they have Chiv.  Preferably, I would to see other builds other than Chiv/AI to give some type of uniqueness to the new pet.  

I would like to see elemental damages in Phys, Fire or Poison .  Mainly for the debuff abilities - Grasping Claw and Inferno.  If you have Necro build, Corpse Skin will debuff  Poison and Fire but raise Phys. If your character is a Bard, add Disco against the enemy.  

However, the pack instincts ability can make this pet standout.  Since this is 3 slot pack instinct pet, add 2 Frenzies DI increases by 50%.  Then add Grasping Claw to reduce Phys by -15.  Since Frenzies are 100% Phys, their damage output also increases.  If you add Bard Inspire buff, DI increases 40% (and higher with Bard skills) and Disco to decrease their resistances even further - overall DPS can be pretty crazy. You can see how this can wreck mid to low physical resistance targets quickly.  

As for it being the leader of the pack,  the resistances are kinda meh... but that's a tradeoff with higher damage output.  If you kill them fast enough, then resistances become secondary.

This here, shows we can do new fun content without recycling old content.
    New ideas to diversify PVE and PVP.
  • ObsidianObsidian Posts: 22
    Kyronix said:
    @ Obsidian - No, ran through a couple of test runs with suggestions here and it's right at the threshold from 3/4.  
    Thanks for the feedback and confirmation!  I think it is a worthy pet.  I look forward to getting one.  I do want to see how the build works in real game content with my characters before committing to get more than one.  
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Why the pirate chest isn't a storage?
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Aayla said:

Not a Storage? So of what use is it? :o
    Aayla said:
    I see you have not been to Test Center. It is a wooden chest that can be in 2 forms. Chest or Treasure.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Pawain said:
    Aayla said:
    I see you have not been to Test Center. It is a wooden chest that can be in 2 forms. Chest or Treasure.
    No because when I tried, it want working. 

While in treasure form is it still a storage chest?
  • Aayla said:
    Pawain said:
    Aayla said:
    No because when I tried, it want working. 

While in treasure form is it still a storage chest?
    Yes. Double click  the chest itself, not the gold pile.

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,729
    Wildfire Ostard Statuette
    • Must be Grandmaster Animal Taming to claim pet from statuette
    • A majestic greenish/yellow Ostard
    •  3 -> 5 Slot Pet
    • Poisoning Ability
    • Functions Similarly to a Bane Dragon
    • Eats standard Ostard Foods
    • Pack Instinct<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<why??
    #of followers is capped at 5.  So why??
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    1. It's a frenzy ostard base and they have pack instinct
    2. It comes as a 3 slot pet so you could have 2 more frenzy ostards to use pack instinct
    3. I'm not 100% on this but someone else wrote that pack instinct can be utilized with other's pets as well so even if it is at 5 slots if other people are also using it then I believe it would get the buff (Kyronix might need to confirm that)
    keven2002 said:
    1. It's a frenzy ostard base and they have pack instinct
    2. It comes as a 3 slot pet so you could have 2 more frenzy ostards to use pack instinct
    3. I'm not 100% on this but someone else wrote that pack instinct can be utilized with other's pets as well so even if it is at 5 slots if other people are also using it then I believe it would get the buff (Kyronix might need to confirm that)
    Pets lose pack instinct by 5 slots.
  • I might have missed it in this thread but do Palm Trees do anything as you can set the security on them ? It would be nice if they dropped coconuts and added a new coconut pie for Chefs.