Pub 110 Feedback - Reward Items

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
Black Market & Dynamic Reward feedback

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited March 2021
    Where is Dynamic to test?
    The coconut trees work.  Why is there security on them?  Will they make coconuts?
    Shield meh.  My mages do not use FC or DCI so not something I would use.
    Orchids come in random colors It seems.  Will be a point sink.

Wildfire Ostard:
    It is supposed to be like a Bane.  But a Bane is 3 slots.
    Starting at 4 slots you can not do very much building.
    Players want an over 100 skill in something besides tactics. Does not increase the value of the pet enough.

Ostard needs to be 3 slots.  At 3 slots it starts off with lower building capacity than a Cu.  But it can be built well.  Remove the Magery and eval to make it 3 slots.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    The ostard- if it functions "like" banes, do they need stew for the hidden mana pool, and counter attack? Or will any ostard food fill that?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,896
    edited March 2021
    Wrong Thread.
  • please don't - instead encourage people to leave their houses to farm.
    Black Market recipe creates a blank shield and you can use it as a source for your shield with stats!  Thanks!
    This Feedback is about the Wildfire Ostard.

I think that spawning as 4 slots is too high, it gives not enough room to be able to customize it as one might want.

Also, it is unclear whether any of the stats is supposed to come overcapped and to what extent.

If so, this might make it an issue for a limited time Event to be able to get enough of these pets with the untrained stats that the Tamer might want (i.e. a good one....) especially, if its claiming cost will be set too high....

If it is expensive to claim, then the spawning stats range variability should be VERY small and pretty much all these Ostards spawn "moreless" with the same stats....

On the other end, if it will be reasonably cheap to claim it, then the variability can be set with a wider stats range as players will be able to get more and more of these until they get one which they like....

It is also not clear to me the point of a pet with the Pact Instinct spawning with 4 slots.... sure, if it remains untrained one might get another 1 follower slot pet with the pact instinct but, seriously, how good would this be ?

• GraceGrace Posts: 145
    Thank You for the Book Straps!

The Ostard is only good for bank sitting, needs two rounds to be a fighter.
    Like the Ostard very much overall though, but just a vanity pet as it stands now.

The shield and shield recipe is not on Test yet, but am looking forward to seeing
    how many doubloons they are as I like the idea of them. 
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    edited March 2021
    Okay.  So I just went and built 3x ostards.  

I understand that the devs are trying to not invalidate bane dragons by making these 4 slot spawning. 

What I noticed is that they do have quite a variety of intensities when you pop them.  The first I couldnt fit much on at all. 

The best one I popped.  Full 70 resists (except for poison) Okayish stats (had to steer clear of jumping up str). Full hpr/mpr.  And I managed to fit poison breath. 

So you can do a bit with these.   But it falls short of anything to do with power scrolls or dmg out put etc.  

If theyre to be useful in any sense, at 4 slot spawning.   They need some better stats at spawning, and the possibility to gain up to 110 skills (as you will never be able to get power scrolls on them).  

Can you ever do a chiv/ai build with these? Probably never.  Changing magics is just too expensive. 

Will they ever be as strong as a bane.  Nope. Nor do I feel they should be.   More like a bane light. 

My recommendation:
    higher starting stats. 
    Skills that can go to 110 (by rng chance) at spawn.
    I will build a few more tonight and provide further feedback
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    someone suggested on TC, that you need to add a button to buy multiples.
    People will want more of these orchids & thats a lot of clicking
    Grace said:
    Thank You for the Book Straps!

The Ostard is only good for bank sitting, needs two rounds to be a fighter.
    Like the Ostard very much overall though, but just a vanity pet as it stands now.

The shield and shield recipe is not on Test yet, but am looking forward to seeing
    Yes they are, you need to check the Pirate guy at the Black Market thing.

Take the Gate at the Britain Commons.

Kaz said:
    Okay.  So I just went and built 3x ostards.  

I understand that the devs are trying to not invalidate bane dragons by making these 4 slot spawning. 

What I noticed is that they do have quite a variety of intensities when you pop them.  The first I couldnt fit much on at all. 

The best one I popped.  Full 70 resists (except for poison) Okayish stats (had to steer clear of jumping up str). Full hpr/mpr.  And I managed to fit poison breath. 

So you can do a bit with these.   But it falls short of anything to do with power scrolls or dmg out put etc.  

If theyre to be useful in any sense, at 4 slot spawning.   They need some better stats at spawning, and the possibility to gain up to 110 skills (as you will never be able to get power scrolls on them).  

Can you ever do a chiv/ai build with these? Probably never.  Changing magics is just too expensive. 

Will they ever be as strong as a bane.  Nope. Nor do I feel they should be.   More like a bane light. 

My recommendation:
    higher starting stats. 
    Skills that can go to 110 (by rng chance) at spawn.
    Why not ?

It was my understanding that, due to players' extended requests for a Bane Dragons come back, these might have been introduced, instead, to be "Like" Bane Dragons but without taking away the Bane Dragon as an exclusive item.

Basically, like a [Replica] for those old items that is the same, but not "that" item, just a [Replica]...

So, I was expecting the "Bane" Ostard, so to speak, to be just as like and as good as a Bane Dragon, only of a different look....

It is clear that, as it is now, this pet is nowhere close to what a Bane Dragon is and can be trained to be, IMHO.

If we want to have these Ostard be as good as the Bane Dragon, to my opinion it clearly needs to be beefed up quite some to permit more training on it.

I just checked the https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-110/

Within the Black Market Rewards listed in the Full Publish Notes, there is not shown the "Hook's Treasure Map" which does is one of the new rewards (150,000 points...).

What gives ?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    popps said:
    I just checked the https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-110/

Within the Black Market Rewards listed in the Full Publish Notes, there is not shown the "Hook's Treasure Map" which does is one of the new rewards (150,000 points...).

What gives ?
    it wasn't supposed to be on there.
    @popps why not?  Because bane dragons are overcapped legacy creatures.   Why should they be repeated?   Thats like saying they should bring back every creature thats ever been in the game, whether it was weaker or stronger in its legacy form. 
    Its okay to have things that are rarer, that not everyone has. Its what makes this game interesting.  

As for its training no it cant compare to a legacy monster.  Just as new mares cant compare to legacy mares.  

And Ive popped about 10 of these now, the intensity range is quite extensive.   The best one i got i was able to get full resists, 2 abilities. Some decent stats and 110 scrolls.   

Kaz said:
    @ popps why not?  Because bane dragons are overcapped legacy creatures.   Why should they be repeated?   Thats like saying they should bring back every creature thats ever been in the game, whether it was weaker or stronger in its legacy form. 
    Its okay to have things that are rarer, that not everyone has. Its what makes this game interesting.  

As for its training no it cant compare to a legacy monster.  Just as new mares cant compare to legacy mares.  

And Ive popped about 10 of these now, the intensity range is quite extensive.   The best one i got i was able to get full resists, 2 abilities. Some decent stats and 110 scrolls.   

Why can't we have a Bane Ostard?  No one told you to buy a Bane for 1 Plat.

They are no where near the intensity of a low % Bane.
  • VecnaVecna Posts: 23
    @Kyronix I'm pasting this here to make sure you see my post from General Discussion:

Please change the ostard to a 3 slot. We have so many "could have been" pets that are not used because they are 4 slot. Please please please do not waste the time spent making the ostard (even if it was essentially a re-skin) by having it as a 4 slot.

If the intent is to create an alternate to the Bane Dragon (which I fully support even though I own several fully scrolled ones), then please give players a chance to make a similar finished pet. At 4 slots the ostard will be a joke compared to a Bane. Pack instincts? Worthless if the intent is to provide a Bane alternate.

For a player to take the ostard, fix its resists, max strength at 700, provide 120 scrolls and give it AI / Chiv / etc, IT MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO LEVELS TO TRAIN WITH.

I am begging you, please please listen, if you truly want folks to use the ostard and be happy with it, make it a 3 slot.

Please Kyronix. Please.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    Re: the slots on the Ostard, in order for this to become a 3 slot pet we have to drop its stats down somewhere.  So far I've seen discussion around dropping HP and/or STR.  Looking forward to the feedback from the community.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I'd vote HP if it would be between those two options.
  • VecnaVecna Posts: 23
    Drop HP if you have to drop one of those two. Folks must raise the STR to 700 during training, which is one of the reasons that it needs to be 3 slot.

If a pet has 500 HP and 700 STR after training, no problem. We have Vet and Mastery and any number of spells for healing.

If a pet has 700 HP and 500 STR, it is garbage. Folks will not waste the time on a pet that hits for so much less damage.

If you have to drop the HP to make it 3 slot, so be it. At least folks will use them. At 4 slot, it isn't going to happen.

Thank you for the reply. Please make the ostard a 3 slot. Please!
  • JuliaJulia Posts: 10
    One more vote for 3 slot on the ostard @Kyronix , it is the only way to get one of them even close to a bane. I have bane's and I am happy that a version will be widely available for players who missed them before, but at 4 slot it is a no go. If you gotta reduce something to make them a 3 slot, reduce HP. Thanks.
    Kyronix said:
    Re: the slots on the Ostard, in order for this to become a 3 slot pet we have to drop its stats down somewhere.  So far I've seen discussion around dropping HP and/or STR.  Looking forward to the feedback from the community.
    Get rid of the Magery and Eval.  If you drop the HP or Str we would have to use all the points on the first round to get those back.

Right now they have similar HP/Str as a Cu or Hiryu at 3 slots!  If you drop them we would have to make up for that.

A Bane has the same stats and is 3 slots.  Why cant they be the same?

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    How are these rewards going to be obtained?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    MissE said:
    How are these rewards going to be obtained?
    Each section has a Title. This section is Black Market and Dynamic.  The pet will be from Treasures of Wildfire.  
  • AzarthAzarth Posts: 9
    Some reflections on what I think is great, and what could be improved. 

1. The peculiar coconut palm trees look excellent!  Fine attention to detail.

2. Hook's Shield:

a. Loving the Spell Channeling & +10 SDI !!! 

b. Personally, I would much prefer Faster Cast Recovery instead of Faster Casting on the shield, here's why: for many spellcasters it's often optimal to activate the Protection spell, which cancels out Faster Casting. -- A lot of players, myself included, would probably want to swap the Vesper Museum Chaos shield for this, and most the value (for players like me) of the Vesper shield is the +2 FCR. -- If you're trying to keep it distinct from the function of the Vesper shield, maybe just make it 1 FCR. Though I certainly wouldn't complain if it had both FC & FCR. 

b. Defense Chance Increase is usually sought by a spellcaster when he or she is a melee mage (which let's be honest, is rare in PvM) or PvP mage, which then cancels out the whole point of having FCR on it, because it's quite likely that either of these types of mages would want to run Protection so that their spells are casted uninterrupted. The vast majority of spellcasters do PvM, and from a ranged distance, usually behind pets or meat shield players, but of course there will be somewhat of a market for the shield to have DCI on it (I'm somewhat ambivalent about leaving the DCI on, but I'm not excited by it).

c. Why Resistance buffs here, when most players will get those resistances easily met through their suits? Feels like a huge waste of a few property slots. If you did feel it was completely necessary to keep one resistance on it, I'd be much more excited about it being physical resist, as it would help with compensating for the decrease in Phys. Res. from the Protection spell.

d. Properties instead of DCI or Resistances: something really tasty like: (1) more Int./mana or STR/HP, (2) more mana or HP regeneration, (3) damage eater property, (4) substantial Casting Focus % [like 10%!] (5) 10-20 Resisting Spells [as that's almost universally desired for spell casters]. 

3. Spellbook / Runebook Straps 

a. Fantastic idea, generally well received from anyone I've spoken to.

b. As it stands now, they aren't named "spellbook" strap or "runebook," strap and this may create a lot of confusion and havoc for people wanting to buy these on vendor search without prior experience using them on TC1. Withholding that information in the title and just requiring players to know its function based on color feels a bit shortsighted and will create some frustrations.

c. Please, please, please make it so that after you disarm a spellbook it goes back directly into the spellbook strap from whence it came. As you are well aware a mage may toggle between several slayer spellbooks in a given context. How nice would it be to just have those spellbooks go neatly back into the strap without having to always manually put it back? [maybe there's some fancy way to get this to happen using macros or something that I'm not aware of]

d. Can melee characters get a version of this for weapons someday? How nice too, to have a weight reduction in that case. Most PvM melee characters carry an assortment of slayers too.

4. Ostard

Echoing others.. 3 slots would be best. Also would be nicer to get to chose magery instead of being stuck with it. 

5. Someday... a mage staff that mages would actually want to use! Something comparable to holding a 50 SDI spellbook and Vesper Chaos shield. (Spell channeling, high SDI, FC/FCR, MR, etc.) - Or better yet, a means of converting spellbooks into a one-handed staff or a two-handed staff + some extra stats.

Thanks devs for all that you do, and continuing to try to improve the game and give us more things to collect. I'd love to hear what others think - whether agree or disagree. (hopefully this reaches @Kyronix and/or @Mesanna)
    edited March 2021
    @Pawain - didnt pay a stinkin plat for my bane, please dont make assumptions.  

I was trying to contribute to a discussion around how we could make these closer to a legacy bane without destroying a legacy pets value completely. 

But i see your point as well, no magery would accomplish something.  Would certainly fit with your most favourite build for bane dragons (chiv/ai) right?

They DO need to be better to have the player base actually engage in grinding for them, we agree there.   
    Is only missing a magery enough, I disagree with you on the front.  
  • Maximus_NeximusMaximus_Neximus Posts: 380
    edited March 2021
    When the new pirate chest is open, and the container gump is closed, if you click on the gold pile you cannot open the container gump. You must click on the chest itself, not the gold.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    When the new pirate chest is open, and the container gump is closed, if you click on the gold pile you cannot open the container gump. You must click on the chest itself, not the gold.
    @kyronix this is what i was referring to earlier today.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,772
    Hook's Shield: 
    Love the 10% SDI and the +1 faster casting.
    I would change the Fire Resist to Physical Resist to counter the -10 from the Protection Spell.
    I would also change the Poison Resist to a +3 mana regen and a +7 mana bonus
    Violet said:
    @ kyronix this is what i was referring to earlier today.
    He said the Treasure is separate from the chest so we need to adjust to clicking on the chest part.  I guess they want to keep the name treasure when you hover over it.