Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Release 2 [Strict Guidelines for Posting]

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
edited May 2019 in Test Center
For discussing TMap release 2.  See publish notes here 

If you are going to post feedback in this please follow this format:

In the past 3 months I have done [number of maps you have done] at level [level of the maps] 

This post is in regard to [Mobs/Loot/Remove Trap on Chests/Remove Trap Training/Lockpicking].

I am participating in Lvl [Stash (1), Supply (2), Cache (3), Hoard (4), Trove (5)] maps.

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of, 
[Insert Template information here]

I am participating in this content [solo/with how many other players].

I have spent approximately [how long, in hours] experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO usually include [list some of your favorite activities in UO].

My favorite aspect of [the above mentioned feature] is [what you like best] because [why you like it].

My least favorite aspect of [the above mentioned feature] is [what you like least] because [why you dislike it].

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature, 
[Do not throw simple shade, and do not give simple praise...i.e. "This sux" or "This is great".  If you cannot provide reasoned, thoughtful, and considerate feedback with respect for the developers who have worked on the feature or the other players who are participating in the testing process do not post.]

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    edited May 2019
    Any posts that do not follow the stated format will be removed.  For questions or other feedback start a new thread, send a PM, or e-mail uo@broadsword.com.  Thanks!
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,772
    edited May 2019
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited May 2019
    This post is in regard to:
    [  ] Mobs
    [x] Lockpicking
    [x] Loot
    [  ] Remove Trap on Chests
    [  ] Remove Trap Training

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of the following real skills (modified skill shown in parenthesis):

Cartography 100
    Detecting Hidden 50
    Lockpicking 100
    Magery 100 (110 modified)
    Meditation 70
    Mining 0
    Musicianship 100
    Peacemaking 100 (120 modified)
    Remove Trap 100 (I will be adjusting this between 50 and 100 for various levels of chests to see what is required for disarming each level.)

I have spent approximately 40-60 hours on testing Publish 105 on Test Center.  

My favorite activities in UO for the last couple of years have consisted primarily of PvM activities on about 8 different shards with tamer characters, treasure hunter characters, fisher/miner/LJ characters for resource gathering, and finishing training up tamer and crafter characters on a few shards.  I have houses and mostly finished PvM-oriented characters on seven shards (Sonoma, Origin, LA, Atlantic, Balhae, Arirang, Siege) and I also have two houses on Mugen and am working on PvM-oriented characters there.  I also have developed characters on several other shards where I had houses at one time before deciding to focus on other shards, and less-finished characters on every other shard. I used to enjoy using thief, tamer, and archer characters in factions with guildmates.

My favorite aspect of 
    [  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    is .....
    because ....

My least favorite aspect of
    [  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    is .....
    because ....

I feel that the following can be improved about 
    [  ] Mobs
    [x] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    by:

(1) Eliminate the message "You must defeat the guardians of the chest before you can open it" when you've just killed ALL  of the initial spawn and try to pick the lock.  I do not know why this message sometimes comes up and other times does not.  I don't know if it's an issue of where the character is standing relative to the chest or because a mob's corpse is perhaps touching the chest.  However, it is very annoying to get this message plus I worry that it may needlessly destroy something in the chest if it counts as a lockpicking failure.

(2) Quit creating new chests if the first chest was blocked and couldn't raise.  These are screen shots from trying to dig up a chest.  I thought the first chest was blocked by an EV so I tried again and got the same message again.  Moved the t-hunter to a new spot and tried again.  So in this case there were 3 chests but of course I could only open the last one.  In the first screen shot, the first two chests are in the same spot and you can only see the handle for the second one and the handle for the third one.  The second screen shot shows the messages from closing all three chests.

I have a question about 
    [  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [x] Loot

I have only done stash chests so far and it seems like the gold amount has been decreased significantly.  In one chest, it looked the gold was split into two piles--one for 20,000 and the rest for the remainder of 9503.  Was the gold supposed to be split into piles?  If yes, will there be standard weights for the first pile of gold that depend on the level of the chest?

EDITED TO ADD:  Gold amount seems like maybe it hasn't changed.  Just got another stash chest with 2 gold piles: 20k and 11260.

Did you decrease the number of gems per level as well?  

I haven't done enough chests yet to comment on the other items that might spawn in chests.  So far haven't seen anything but gold and gems and a reagent bag in a mage stash chest.

EDIT ADDITION:
    [  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [X] Loot
    by fixing the gold/gem and reagent bags so that if you move something around in them or add something to them them, it can only be placed in  the bottom half of the bag.

edited May 2019
    [  ] Mobs
    [ ] Lockpicking
    [ ] Loot
    [x] Locating and digging up chests

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of the following real skills (modified skill shown in parenthesis):

Cartography 100
    Detecting Hidden 50
    Lockpicking 100
    Meditation 70
    Mining 0
    Musicianship 100
    Remove Trap 100 (I will be adjusting this between 50 and 100 for various levels of chests to see what is required for disarming each level.)

My favorite activities in UO for the last couple of years have consisted primarily of PvM activities on about 8 different shards with tamer characters, treasure hunter characters, fisher/miner/LJ characters for resource gathering, and finishing training up tamer and crafter characters on a few shards.  I have houses and mostly finished PvM-oriented characters on seven shards (Sonoma, Origin, LA, Atlantic, Balhae, Arirang, Siege) and I also have two houses on Mugen and am working on PvM-oriented characters there.  I also have developed characters on several other shards where I had houses at one time before deciding to focus on other shards, and less-finished characters on every other shard. I used to enjoy using thief, tamer, and archer characters in factions with guildmates.

My favorite aspect of 
    [  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    is .....
    because ....

[  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    is .....
    because ....

[  ] Mobs
    [ ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot

Uh.....getting kind of frustrated with digging up a chest.  First attempt looked like it was going very well and then all of a sudden there was a message: "The treasure chest fell apart for some reason. Try digging it up again."   So....that was new and unexpected. 

Tried digging again and got the message: "You have found the treasure chest but something is preventing the chest from being dug up."  There was nothing standing on it, so I tried again and got the same message.  At this point, there are two chests underground, right on top of each other.

So I moved the treasure hunter over a few paces and tried again and got the message that the chest fell apart for some reason and to try digging it up again.

I'm up to 4 tries now.  And this is a stash chest and my t-hunter has 100 cartography skill.

EDITED:  One more "something preventing it from being dug up message" and on another try, thought it was going to go and got the message that it fell apart.  This is 6 tries now.

EDITED:  And another one that looked like it was going to come up and then it fell apart.  7 tries now.

EDITED: Chest # 8 just fell apart.

EDITED: Chest #9 fell apart.

EDITED:  Attempt #10 fell apart too.  I'm putting this map away for now.

[  ] Mobs
    [ ] Lockpicking
    [x] Loot

Cartography 100
    Detecting Hidden 50
    Lockpicking 100
    Meditation 70
    Mining 0
    Musicianship 100

I have a question about 
    [  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [x] Loot

Are the publish notes correct in saying that the essences and ML ingredients will be found in Artisan shash chests?  I've done several of those, including one each in Ter Mur and Malas, and they didn't have any of the essences or ML ingredients.  HOWEVER, I just did an Artisan Supply chest in Malas and it had 3 of the ML ingredients.
  • FenriswolfFenriswolf Posts: 19
    edited May 2019
    This post is in regard to Loot

I am participating in variety lvl of treasure maps

[variety of templates]

I am participating in this content [solo/with 1other player].

I have spent approximately 0hrs experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO usually include [taming/high seas/bulk orders/crafting/house updates general farming/t-maps/fishing and champion spawns all in Trammel)

My favorite aspect of [all the above features] is [that is cant be ruined by other players] because [I would simply leave the game in anger

My least favorite aspect of Loot is [that you are FORCED to go the Felucca to obtain some items] because [I don't want to be annoyed by the PVP kiddies]

The introduction of 110 powerscrolls as loot in Felucca only chest yet again will play into the hands of people who enjoy Pvp Vs people who dont

Everything should be obtainable everywhere. Don't force people to get involved in things they don't want to, this is what ruins games.

Try to make powerscrolls available to people who enjoy PvM content and do not want to get involved in PVP, it really cant be that hard
  • Tarragon_SlayerTarragon_Slayer Posts: 37
    edited May 2019

This post is in regard to [Mobs/Loot/Remove Trap on Chests/Remove Trap Training/Lockpicking]: All of these

I am participating in Lvl [Hoard (4) - Artisan] maps - Felucca shard.

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of, Tamer/TH:

Animal lore - Taming - Cartography - Detect Hidden - Lockpicking - Magery - Remove Trap - Veterinary

I am participating in this content [solo].

I have spent approximately [1/2 hour] experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO usually include [list some of your favorite activities in UO]: RPG (though it no longer exists on my shard) - "soft" PvM (no dungeons, Ilshenar or champs) - Crafting - BoD's - Treasure hunting - Fishing - Hoping to try my luck on plunderbeacons soon - House crafting and interior decorating

My favorite aspect of treasure hunting is [what you like best] because I can do it at my tempo, the mobs aren't extremely tough and the reward is decent.

My least favorite aspect of [the above mentioned feature] is [what you like least] because [why you dislike it]. N/A I wouldn't do the above mentioned if I didn't like them, would I?

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature: artisan hoard - Felucca

Guardians were correct ingeniously - level 6 - mobs, so that was fine.

Artisan hoard map required 2 attempts to read it - chest type regular - required 8 attempts to pick the lock with a skeleton key.

Yield: 58064 gold, 24 amber, 22 amethyst, 24 citrine, 22 diamond, 24 emerald, 22 ruby, 22 sapphire, 24 star sapphire, 24 tourmaline. This was fine. No resources however, which I'd expect in an artisan chest. Instead: 4 weapons of which 1 major artifact, 1 great artifact and 2 major magic.

Weapons are nice, but I'd hoped to find some resources.

Puzzle:

Please note that the bottom right text is truncated. I'm playing in 2D.

I required 5 attempts to get the puzzle right, was glad (and surprised) that I survived my failed attempts. My faithful cu sidhe did the healing. Puzzles are truly not my cuppa.

[  ] Mobs
    [ ] Lockpicking
    [ ] Loot
    [x ] Remove Trap Training

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of the following real skills (modified skill shown in parenthesis), at least as of right now:

Cartography 100
    Detecting Hidden 0
    Lockpicking 100
    Meditation 100
    Mining 0
    Musicianship 100
    Peacemaking 120 (120 modified)

I have feedback about 
    [  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [ ] Loot
    [x] Remove Trap Training

I have come up with a strategy for solving the slider puzzles and they seem to go fairly quickly for me now: (1) Solve the bottom row; (2) solve the middle row; (3) solve the top row.  It's nice to do one of these when remove trap skill is in the 50s and get a nice .3 or .4 gain when finishing one.  However, the gains don't seem to come after that or they are very few and far between.

The circuit breaker puzzles are okay but tedious, especially as you get closer to GM remove trap.  And after you've spent a long time working through one of these, over and over, and then get no skill gain, it's a real bummer and feels about as frustrating as trapping, untrapping, and retrapping tons of boxes for gains.

The cylinder traps have me stumped.  I've always liked playing the mastermind game, but this is too difficult because there are 5 spots and 8 colors and you can't see the colors/locations of all of your previous attempts and the answers for them.  It's too overwhelming to try to remember what you already tried.  I'm not sure I could do them even with paper and a pile of colored markers or crayons.
  • Tarragon_SlayerTarragon_Slayer Posts: 37
    edited May 2019

This post is in regard to [Mobs/Loot/Remove Trap on Chests/Remove Trap Training/Lockpicking]: All of these

I am participating in Lvl [Trove (5) - Artisan] maps.

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of, Tamer/TH:

Animal lore - Taming - Cartography - Detect Hidden - Lockpicking - Magery - Remove Trap - Veterinary

I have spent approximately [1:20 hour] experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO usually include [list some of your favorite activities in UO]: RPG (though it no longer exists on my shard) - "soft" PvM (no dungeons, Ilshenar or champs) - Crafting - BoD's - Treasure hunting - Fishing - Hoping to try my luck on plunderbeacons soon - House crafting and interior decorating

My favorite aspect of treasure hunting is [what you like best] because I can do it at my tempo, the mobs aren't extremely tough and the reward is decent.

My least favorite aspect of [the above mentioned feature] is [what you like least] because [why you dislike it]. N/A I wouldn't do the above mentioned if I didn't like them, would I?

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature: artisan trove

Guardians were correct ingeniously - level 6 - mobs, so that was fine.

Artisan trove map required 11 attempts to read it - chest type regular - required 5 attempts to pick the lock with a skeleton key - 2 x items lost in the process

15 remove trap attempts (in my view, puzzles truly do not add value to the treasure hunting experience) until I could open the chest, finding no loot inside (!).

While trying to remove trap, I was unable to heal myself.

Am I to assume that all the contents of the chest were destroyed because I failed to pick the lock only twice? Consider that I spent about an hour on this chest, I find that a bit disheartening.

By the way, it was a 5 slot mastermind puzzle.

Hope the input helps.

• This post is in regard to:

Mobs/Loot/Lockpicking

I am participating in Lvl [Cache (3) - Artisan] maps.

I have spent approximately [1:40 hour] experiencing the new content on TC1.

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature: artisan cache

Guardians were correct cleverly - level 4 - mobs, so that was fine.

Artisan cache map required 1 attempt to read it - chest type gold

I botched the lockpicking (forgot to set the skill) and so required 2 attempts to pick the lock with a skeleton key - 2 x items lost in the process

No remove trap attempts since it was a cache.

Yield: 22145 gold, 21 amber, 0 amethyst, 21 citrine, 21 diamond, 19 emerald, 17 ruby, 19 sapphire, 17 star sapphire, 17 tourmaline. This was fine. Again, no resources even though it's an artisan chest. Instead: 3 weapons of which 1 greater artifact and 2 major magic.

So, yes, it's a nice amount of cash and gems, but still, I'd have hoped to find resources.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728

Post is in regard to Remove Trap Training/Lockpicking].

Template: 100 Cartography, 100 Lockpicking, 63 Remove Trap, 100 Hiding, 96 Stealth, 120 Eval, 120 Magery,  

I am participating in this content: Solo

I’ve worked RT skill for a few hours total so far

My activities in UO usually include: PvM (not wicked hard core though), Fishing / Pirate Hunting, Treasure Hunting, Trade Runs, Resource Gathering, Decorating / Crafting. I love all of the aforementioned but my favorite thing to do, when / if there's enough fresh, interesting, worth the time invested, game content, would be to scramble around with my stick-to-the-shadows rogue character. I see my Fishing, Pirate hunting character as roguish. And my Treasure Hunting character as roguish with some rogue skills. But I really love running around with a stick-to-the-shadows rogue. And I wish there were a lot of game content that brought discovery in what would feel like a random and surprising way, when using her skillset.

My favorite aspect Re: The new Training for RT. I think the puzzle boxes are a great add for training! I love that the delay between tries is removed when working them. I think the variety with the three puzzles is good. I imagine some players will be better / faster at figuring out one or two types over the other. So on can pick whichever they're quickest at to work the skill up faster. I’m faster at the Circuit and Cylinder puzzles than the Slider. I can do one slider and it goes pretty quick. But the next one might have me going around and around forever! I suck at them! lol

My least favorite aspect: I was mixing up using the puzzle boxes with tinker trapped crates. I don’t know what to expect with the puzzles as far as how far it will take you toward GM. If tinker trapped crates will still be needed I’d like to see the wait time on using RT lowered further. I think it was tweaked some, from 11 seconds delay to 8 seconds (by my one-one thousand count) :-)

Nothing springs to mind as something that needs to be improved upon with the puzzle trainers. In general, when using the RT skill, I’d still like to see the wait time between tries reduced. Unless there’s some reason I don’t understand that makes the wait necessary. 

Thanks!

• Haddy_GHaddy_G Posts: 14

This post is in regard to [Mobs/Loot/].

I am participating in Lvl [Artisan Cache (3), Ranger Trove (5)] maps.

Magery 115

Mysticism 112.3

Cartography 100

Focus 100

Lockpicking 100

Remove trap 100

Detect Hidden 50

I have spent approximately [how long, in hours] experiencing the new content on TC1.

Probably around 5 hours total.

My usual activities in UO usually include [list some of your favorite activities in UO.

Guild hunts, PVM/Champs including in Felucca, Deco the house, T-hunting, Pirate Hunting.

My favorite aspect of [the above mentioned feature] is [what you like best] because [why you like it].

I enjoy the traps.  The mastermind trap is very fun to me.  I used my usually method of solving the puzzle which involves about 7 failures.  While I took damage each time no items were destroyed.  May have just been lucky.

Overall, happy with the loot from the Ranger Trove. Legendary artifact, few major artifacts, etc...

My least favorite aspect of [the above mentioned feature] is [what you like least] because [why you dislike it].

The Artisan Cache map was a waste of time.  Granted it was a rusted chest in trammel.  Once it was open there was only a few poor items and some gold and gems.    

Probably not an issue with the publish per say, but the Range Trove spawned in what I would call a ditch.  It was impossible to loot the items as the game said you cannot pick that up.  Neither chest had resources.

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature.

Chests need to spawn in locations that allow looting.  See video for what happened.  I’m not sure the Trove map would be worth a groups time to complete, unless its intended for a group of new players.  I solo it very easily.

https://youtu.be/11BR65L_HYA

[ ] Mobs
    [ ] Lockpicking
    [x] Loot
    [x ] Remove Trap on Chests
    [ ] Remove Trap Training
    [ ] Locating and digging up chests

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of the following real skills

Cartography 100
    Lockpicking 100
    Magery 120
    Meditation 100
    Evaluate Intelligence 120
    Remove Trap 100
    Focus 80
    I have spent approximately 4 hours on Test Center testing Pub 103

My favorite activities on UO have been solo PvM, crafting, and gardening. My main character on production is a pure mage with a full set of 25+ SDI slayer spell books. With the exception of reptile, dino, and eodon tribe which are 15 SDI slayer spell books.

My favorite aspect of 
    [  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    is .....
    because ....

[  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    [ x ] Remove Trap on Chests
    is having to do the puzzles on the higher level chests
    because I have never been good at puzzles.

[  ] Mobs
    [ ] Lockpicking
    [ x ] Loot
    by adding resources to the artisan trove chests.

I did two artisan trove chests in Malas and did not get any resources.  Instead there were weapons.  I would expect the more difficult the artisan chest the more resources you would find in them. 

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited May 2019
    This post is in regard to Remove Trap on Chests/Lockpicking].

I am participating in Lvl [Stash (1), Supply (2), Cache (3), Hoard (4), Trove (5)] maps.

[Insert Template information here]

I am participating in this content solo

My usual activities in UO usually include T-Hunting

My favorite aspect of the revamp is none.

My least favorite aspect of the revamp is the new traps, high-level maps only for groups, more randomness in loot, new skills on already full templates, less template diversity and many no longer possible hunter templates.

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature: It could be put in the trash barrel and a lot of T-Hunters would be happy.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    edited May 2019
    [  ] Mobs
    [ ] Lockpicking
    [x] Loot
    [x] Map locating and digging

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of the following real skills (modified skill shown in parenthesis), at least as of right now:

Cartography 100
    Detecting Hidden 0
    Lockpicking 100
    Meditation 100
    Mining 0
    Musicianship 100
    Remove Trap 100 (I will be adjusting this between 0 and 100 for various levels of chests to see what is required for disarming each level.)

I have feedback about 
    [x] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [x] Loot

A couple of questions, please:

1. Are the mobs that spawn on horde and trove chests the same, depending on facet?  I checked the wiki and it looks like in most cases they are almost identical for ingenious and diabolical chests.  (https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/treasure-maps/)  I guess what I really want to know is should I expect the mobs on the trove chests to be appreciably harder and maybe more numerous than on horde chests?

2. Does the number of mobs that spawn on any chest depend on the number of characters in the party?

3. On cache, horde, and trove maps, can you give us the baseline number of randomly generated items to expect per level?  Also, how many more items should we expect per additional person in the party, for each map level?

4. What's the purpose of the legendary cartography glasses?

5. Can we get please get blue clickies for mob-less horde and trove maps at the Fel Britain bank?  

6. Can you put a publicly accessible Davey's Locker at the Britain commons?

7. Are there any wipes of TC planned for the near future?

Thank you!

EDITED TO ADD:

8.  Would you consider taking the puzzles off the horde maps?  I suspect you'd probably want to impose a remove trap requirement though.  Hmm.  If so, what would it be?  
    RE: Puzzle Boxes for RT Training

I should have kept count of how many puzzles I solved in an hour. I'll do that next time. I would say I'm average to above average in the speed at which I solve the puzzles. But I guess I can't say for sure.

All three puzzle types are going faster today than they did yesterday. Like with anything else you'll improve with practice. Even the sliders that were driving me batty yesterday are going pretty quickly today.

Started RT at 63 skill. Gained 3.2 points after working puzzles steadily for one hour. Ending at 66.2.

Is that good? I don't know. I'll just leave the numbers and see what others think about the rate. I do know I'm really happy that this is a skill that can now be raised without having to make tinker boxes. That it's something you can carry in your pack so you can hang out with others while you work the skill. And I'm hoping the boxes will take me to GM.

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,013
    edited May 2019

This post is in regards to [Loot].

I am participating in Lvl [Stash (1)] maps in Tokuno.

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of: 

Magery120
    Meditation120
    Eval Intel120
    Cartography100
    Lockpicking100
    Remove Trap100
    Total660
    Available60

I have spent approximately [10 hrs] experiencing the new content [Release 2] on TC1.

My activities in UO usually include:
    Killing Cora
    Killing Captains
    T-hunting
    Watching Netflix while macroing Lobster Fishing (Seriously?!? Hummer Lobster again!!!!)
    Killing Miasma

My favorite aspect of [T-hunting] is [Loots] because [Loots b good?].

My least favorite aspect of [T-hunting] is [Loots] because [honestly, most of it is garbage. I only pick up the top of the chest down to the first equipable item, the minor arti, and anything that says artifact. The rest, therefore majority, of the equippable items get left in the chest. 99% of the "artifacts" I pick up get recycled. I have the stack of relic fragments to prove it.]

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature:

I make this post knowing higher luck may have a dramatic impact on my results and that Kyronix has already said Release 2 was mostly RT and loot would be visited again (if that is still the plan).

So Stash maps,

I've done 25 now, all in Tokuno. My first honest reaction was, "Are they sure they turned on the loot bump?" As with Release 1, this reaction was dependent on profession.

Artisan Stash & Mage Stash: These are fine. There is something (other than gold/gems) in every single chest. It doesn't matter if you don't get a SoT or a supply/equipment piece, there is plenty there.

Assassin, Ranger, Warrior Stash: These just feel empty.

This may be because of the Tokuno facet.

This may be because I'm using 290 Luck on TC, whereas I'm used to 2400 Luck on Pacific.

It may be because I'm used to seeing 10 piles of 1 gem each (and a bunch of random equippables I left in the chest), where now I'm seeing 9 piles of 7 gems each (and none of the random equippables), but those gem piles are in a single container. As a result I'm getting more, but the chest looks, "feels", like it contains one item. This might be just a psychological thing.

Maybe I'm thinking about the loot generation wrong. I've done 25 maps and am expecting to see something like 5 T-maps generated as loot, and 5 SoT generated as loot. That would be about 1 in 5 for each of those. However, I've only seen one T-Map. Maybe I need to think of it as RNG per profession, and over the course of 25 maps in a single profession I would see 5 T-Maps and 5 SoT as loot (which would still be low and would leave 15 chests with only gold/gems). Perhaps I was suffering a bad RNG streak for multiple professions (and my luck is low), but the whole system doesn't "feel" that way.

Perhaps my results are some combination of the above.

Regardless, it "feels" like there just isn't much in the Assassin, Ranger, Warrior Stash.

Suggestions

You've implemented high end basic resources (valorite, frostwood, barbed) in the Artisan Stash.  You've implemented basic resources in the Mage Stash.
    Follow that pattern for Assassin, Ranger, and Warrior stash.
    Yes it will effect other ways of gathering/producing those resources, but you're already doing that for ingots, boards, leather, reagents, so T-hunting would be consistent across the system.

Off the top of my head,

Assassin Stash: Enhanced Bandages, Shuriken, Smoke Bombs, Deadly Poison Potions.

Ranger Stash: Arrows, Bolts, Enhanced Bandages, Higher chance of T-Maps? (Rangers are explorers...), Dawn's music box gear, High charge instruments.

Warrior Stash: Enhanced Bandages, Potions (Greater heal, Greater cure, Greater Strength, Greater Agility, Total Refresh).

It doesn't have to be a lot of any item. Maybe 3 or 8 of each potion, maybe 25 arrows or bolts, maybe 1 smoke bomb.

I don't know. These are just ideas I'm tossing out there. You've set up a system of Stash chests for basic resources, but good ones, so I was trying to match that.

Stash chests of all professions still need a bump in number of T-Maps as loot and number of SoT's. (Unless I'm misunderstanding the way loot is generated, as I went through above). 1 in 25 in a miserable experience. It should be something like a 1 map for every 5 chests, 1 SoT for every 5 chests. Even if the SoT is only 0.1, there need to be more of them, so there is a more reliable, frequent, reward for participating in the T-Hunting system.  

Ok, that's all I've got for Stash chests. If I get time I'll test with high luck and see what difference that makes.

EDIT: I have no idea how I generated a table for the template, but OK. @Mariah, you want to pm with how to make a table like that again?

-Arroth
    [  ] Mobs
    [x] Lockpicking
    [x] Loot

Cartography 100
    Detecting Hidden 0
    Lockpicking 100
    Meditation 100
    Mining 0
    Musicianship 100
    Remove Trap 100 (I will be adjusting this between 0 and 100 for various levels of chests to see what is required for disarming each level.)

I have feedback about 
    [ ]  Mobs
    [ x] Lockpicking
    [x] Loot

I'm still getting a lot of the lower-level chests with nothing in them but gold and gems.  I'm also noticing that on many chests when I first try to pick the lock, I get the message "You must defeat the guardians of the chest before you can open it."

Is there any possibility that message is affecting the contents of the chest?  If we have to pick the lock more than once, is something being destroyed, even if we don't see any message or other indicator like a dust pile?

It's very discouraging on the stash and supply chests to get nothing but gold and gems unless you're doing one of the chests that will have resources in it (artisan stash or supply, or mage stash).
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    Summarizing some posts because they raise valid concerns, but condensing for readability sake later on.  In the future please start a new thread, or respond to an existing thread (other than this one) if your post doesn't/can't fit the format described in the OP.

@Dizzy said: 
    Just a quick question about the puzzles.  I'm red/green colorblind.  Do you have to be able to distinguish between various colors to be able to solve it? 

@Magrette offered,

On the cylinder maps, yes you do.

I was thining about that very issue this morning.  Seems like there could be fewer colors (and pegs/holes) for that puzzle and they should have a lot of contrast.  Maybe the devs could use one of the tools here to see what their choices look like to someone who is colorblind: https://www.color-blindness.com/2008/12/23/15-tools-color-blindness/ .

I am participating in Lvl [Supply (2)] maps in Tokuno.

Magery120
    Meditation120
    Eval Intel120
    Cartography100
    Lockpicking100
    Remove Trap100
    Total660
    Available60

I have spent approximately [10 hrs] experiencing the new content [Release 2] on TC1.

Killing Cora
    Killing Captains
    T-hunting
    Watching Netflix while macroing Lobster Fishing (Seriously?!? Hummer Lobster again!!!!)
    Killing Miasma

My least favorite aspect of [T-hunting] is [Loots] because [honestly, most of it is garbage. I only pick up the top of the chest down to the first equipable item, the minor arti, and anything that says artifact. The rest, therefore majority, of the equipable items get left in the chest. 99% of the "artifacts" I pick up get recycled. I have the stack of relic fragments to prove it.]

I make this post knowing higher luck may have a dramatic impact on my results and that Kyronix has already said Release 2 was mostly RT and loot would be visited again (if that is still the plan).

Supply Chests,

I've done 25 supply chests, all in Tokuno. 5 of each profession.

My first reaction is that they are thin, but better than with Release 1. This is again variable by profession.

Artisan Supply: These are ok, there is something (other than gold/gems) in every chest.

Assassin Supply: Better than Release 1, had 3 out of 5 chests with an item other than gold/gems. I realize that is a low sample number, but at least there was some reward.

Mage Supply: Again, better than Release 1, 3 out of 5 chests with an item other than gold/gems.

Ranger Supply: These are ok, a bit better than what I got in Release 1. There was an item of some kind (other than gold gems) in every chest. That was nice to see.

Warrior Supply: These are pretty bare still. I got one item (other than gold/gems) out of 5 chests.

Suggestions

I got 2 T-maps and 4 SoA out of 25 chests. That still feels low. It would be nice to see the T-maps at least 1 for every 5 chests, same with SoA.

These are low sample numbers and I'm keeping in mind all the stuff I talked about (Luck, etc.) in my last post in this thread.

There did seem to be a bit more overall "goodies" than with Release 1. That was nice to see. However, it still feels like the Assassin, Mage, and Warrior Supply could use a small additional boost.

Some of the rare alchemical potions might be good for the supply level. Invisibility to Assassin, Shatter to Warrior, etc. Or maybe just put the higher potions in the Stash level and give better quantities in the Supply level? Similar to Ingots/Leather/Wood?

Overall I think Stash is looking better, could use a bit of a boost in maps/SoA, and to a couple of the professions for other "goodies" (not gold/gems).

Be interesting to test with higher Luck and see how that goes.

-Arroth
    edited May 2019

Be interesting to test with higher Luck and see how that goes.

I've been testing stash maps and just starting to test supply maps with higher luck (up to 3600) and at most maybe it increases the gold amount.  It doesn't seem to have made any difference at all in getting things other than the gold/gem bag, reagent bag, ingots/lumber/leather.  The other stuff just doesn't seem to be showing up very often at all.

I seem to recall Kyronix saying luck is going to be relevant for the randomly generated items but nothing else, but I might be mistaken on that.
    edited May 2019
    Re Training Puzzles

Did 23 puzzles in an hour. I think I did more than that the first hour I did this morning. At any rate, 23 puzzles brought me from  66.2 to 67.9  :-/  

@Margrette I thought there was something said about luck playing a part in what color chest, Rusty, Regular, Gold, you got. No? Or maybe that changed.

Only thing I can think of for Cylinder Puzzles that would help for those struggling with color blindness is if the different colors also had different shapes. But that might not be an easy change to make.
    Edit: could add text next to color to label it

Twice now I've had cylinder puzzle reset and change colors on me while working it. I wasn't taking a long time to solve it. It just suddenly went to the message box popping up saying "Correctly Placed Colors 0" even though the color you're given as a hint for the first placement was where it belonged. When I hit RT gump and targeted puzzle box again the puzzle had switched out to a new one.

I wish we could just double click the puzzle box and have the puzzle pop up instead of having to use RT gump / or set macro key then target the box.
    @Kyronix, I found a master skeleton key in an Assassin Supply chest in Ter Mur.  Is it considered a "utility item" or a Publish 67 item?  (I think it was added with Publish 68 and I've found the 10-use Skeleton Key in other Assassin chests and figured those were utility items.)  Thanks.
    This post is in regard to: Artisan Supply maps in Malas
    [ x ] Mobs
    [ x ] Lockpicking
    [ x ] Loot
    [ x ] Remove Trap on Chests
    [ ] Remove Trap Training
    [ ] Locating and digging up chests

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of the following real skills

Cartography 100
    Lockpicking 100
    Magery 120
    Meditation 80
    Evaluate Intelligence 120
    Remove Trap 100
    Inscription 100
    I have spent approximately 8 hours on Test Center testing Pub 103

My favorite activities on UO have been solo PvM, crafting, and gardening. My main character on production is a pure mage with a full set of 25+ SDI slayer spell books. With the exception of reptile, dino, and eodon tribe which are 15 SDI slayer spell books.

My favorite aspect of 
    [  ] Mobs
    [ x ] Lockpicking
    [ x ] Loot
    [ x ] Remove Trap on Chests
    is
    1) I can use the unlock spell
    2) Inclusion of ML incredients
    3) I can use the magic untrap spell
    because
    1) I do not need to stone off a skill in order to put on lock picking
    2) I could not get past irk to get to dread horn. Now I will be able to get the ingredients for making scrappers from treasure chests instead of buying them with gold.
    3) There is finally a use for the magic untrap spell and I do not need to cast tk or stone off a skill to put on remove trap.

[ x ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    is Minotaur General guardians
    because while easy enough for me to kill, minotaur generals are more of a higher level map guardian and not something for a supply level map.

[  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    by ...

edited May 2019

I am participating in Lvl [Cache (3)] maps in Tokuno.

Magery120
    Meditation120
    Eval Intel120
    Cartography100
    Lockpicking100
    Remove Trap100
    Total660
    Available60

I have spent approximately [14 hrs] experiencing the new content [Release 2] on TC1.

Killing Cora
    Killing Captains
    T-hunting
    Killing Miasma

My least favorite aspect of [T-hunting] is [Loots] because [honestly, most of it is garbage. I only pick up the top of the chest down to the first equipable item, the minor arti, and anything that says artifact. The rest, therefore majority, of the equippable items get left in the chest. 99% of the "artifacts" I pick up get recycled. I have the stack of relic fragments to prove it.]

Cache Maps

I'm liking it. Six equipable items per chest plus the gold/gems, plus some "goodies". The loot is pretty high quality, even at low luck. Best of all, it's themed nicely to the profession. Should be a lot easier to find specific gear now. You all must have spent a ton of time figuring out what goes where.

Mage Cache: Lots of leather or Mage Armor. A lot of staves.
    Suggestion: None of the weapons I've found so far have spell channeling. That property would be a good thing to add to the Mage profession. Also, a sword or shield now and again with spell channeling would be nice, just for variety. In Tokuno, could you add the Kasa to the mage gear? It might be there and I haven't found one yet. If the Kasa is already in Tokuno Mage stuff, awesome.

Assassin Cache: Lots of leather ninja gear and fast speedy weapons. I was really happy to finally have a way to target ninja gear specifically. Well done.

Ranger Cache: Mostly studded armor. Many, many bows! A surprising amount of elf gear. Hardly saw any Tokuno style gear (except bows), that may be due to low sample size.
    Suggestion: Be nice to see instruments in a chest, Ranger seems like a good place.

Warrior Cache: Heavy armor, shields. There was far less Samurai style armor then there was ninja style armor in the Assassin Cache. Again, this may just be due to a low number of samples.

Artisan Cache: Axes, hammers, Picks. Seems appropriate for Artisan's. Axe wielding warriors will also like these I suspect. However, it's pretty limited, it might get repetitive. Although being able to concentrate on just finding axes is nice.
    Suggestion: Can you add 150 use tools of all types to Artisan Supply? That might be a nice little boost.

Overall, really excited for the way the loot distribution is shaping up. Happy to finally have a way to go after specific types of gear.

The loot intensity is pretty good too. I got a surprising number of Greater and Major artifacts (1 legendary) with very low luck.

I was paying attention to the individual item properties and it appears those are aligning pretty well with professions. It's not always perfect, but for the most part looks pretty good. All the mage items had some type of intel/mana boost, or FC/FCR, or something that a mage would actually use. Assassin had a lot of SSI and Stamina properties, Ranger as well. Warrior seemed to have a lot of HPR and Str.

It will be very nice to hunt for mage gear that actually has mage properties (for the most part), or warrior gear with warrior properties, even though there may still be a lot of variation. It feels like we finally have a chance to find what were looking for now, instead of being inundated by absolutely everything there is and leaving most of it behind.

If the distribution and property combos I was seeing in the Cache chests holds true for Hoard and Trove, that will be very nice.

-Arroth
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited May 2019

[X] Loot

[X] Remove Trap on Chests

[X] Lockpicking

The level of maps for which I am participating are:

[X] Cache (3)

120 Magery 

120 Spellweaving

100 Med

115 Tame

110 Animal Lore

100 Cartography

2110 Luck

I am participating in this content with:

[X] solo

I have spent approximately [ 8 hours] so far experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO include:

PvM group and solo activities that involve obtaining items for crafting and/or decorating. My time is spent focused on quests and activities that have little or no RNG. Eodon's sub and main quest's guaranteed deco rewards. I do BODs because I can choose the rewards. I farm gold elementals because I get 50 ingots per kill. I farm things that have a guaranteed or very high drop rate of treasure maps, to obtain the guaranteed imbue mats and green backpack. I do the naturalist quest for guaranteed colored seeds for making dyes. I run the Solen quests for guaranteed bags of sending and trans powder. I do Travesty, Dreadhorn, and Shimmer peerless as group activity for the guaranteed crafting materials as well as a high drop rate of deco. I love the Primeval Lich champion spawn with groups for the guaranteed PS drops and gold, and reliable deco. There are other things I do in UO that have consistent results with bonus RNG items along the way, but this list is getting long. I do things that have poor odds of a decent reward, but I do so sparingly.

My favorite aspect of [PvM, Crafting, & Deco] is [that I can focus on tasks that have a high reward rate for my time spent] because [23 years of retail monotony in my real life has resulted in an extremely low tolerance for the repetitive grind of RNG in my game life].

My least favorite aspect of [PvM, Crafting, & Deco] is [anything that requires a lot of time repeating activities with little or no reward that I am looking for] because [I am not a gambler. My time is a valuable commodity.]

(I run around on Siege Perilous nearly naked, so I have little input on the quality of magical equipment in these chests. Most chests had about 6-7 pieces of gear with what looked like decent mods. However, on Siege I will not be wearing much in the way of Luck. I get gear other ways. My observations are about the gold/gems and deco for cache maps.)

Level 3 Cache: Much too high rate of chests that contain nothing of interest, not even a pile of gold. I love the new deco items, and I understand (I think?) that this level of chest cannot contain most of the other rewards at lower levels, so they are going to feel a bit empty. However, every single chest should have at least a pile of gold to make farming the maps and digging them up worth my time. I had gold chests that had zero coin, and a rusty chest that had 30k. There were 30 maps in all, 10 each for Malas, Ilsh, and Fel. Approximately 1 in 10 had a deco piece (low but acceptable to me), but nearly 50% had no gold/gems. Fel was particularly dismal, with only a single chest containing 52k gold. If the concern is of TMaps generating too much easy gold, then please reduce the amount per chest. Please do not make the very possibility of gold RNG.

Hoard Maps & Puzzles: I get a 700 luck boost from the statue, and can knock out 10 high level maps within that hour with our current system. With this revamp, only the ''group'' maps can contain Power Scrolls (plus deco). While I have not tested them yet, I am concerned that the puzzles are simply too time consuming for an activity that relies so heavily on the Luck mod. Items being destroyed along the way is nerve wracking and sucks the fun out of it for me. I think it would be better to remove the trap if one has the skill. No skill? Ok, now you do a puzzle instead.

Map Names: I have always wished, and still do, that the name of each map also displayed its numeric level. Possibly in smaller letters below the main name, or something. Thank you for changing the Horde maps to Hoard, to be consistent with the other names that refer to the size of the treasure.

Skill Requirement: The first few maps I did using magery spells to unlock and untrap had no gold inside, so I switched to using lockpicking and remove trap skills. After some back and forth skill swapping and testing, it seems to just be pure RNG. I feel this needs further testing. While I did not appreciate getting a gold chest with no shiny coins, I do like needing ONLY Carto and Magery to do the solo maps.

Personal notes:

Our current system works where increasing levels of maps contain the same items as the levels before, plus more. I think people are stuck on this concept. I think people are used to just farming one type of monster (Miasma, for example) for their higher end maps, and just doing those for the full variety of loot. This is no longer the case.

* If I am after craft materials and SoT, then I do level 1 maps.

* If I want special craft materials, artifacts, utility items, and SoA, then I do level 2 maps.

* If I am after deco, I do Level 3 and upward maps.

* If I want the PS, then I will I do level 4 maps in Fel.

I will miss the simplicity of ONE monster's ONE level of map, for any facet, granting nearly the FULL range of potential items. However, this is trumped (for me) by the fact that spreading out the loot and confining entire categories to a single level of map has actually reduced the RNG for many items in many ways. This is more important to me than the other RNG that has been added.

The problem I have now is acquiring specific maps for specific facets in a reliable manner. I have a Davie's Locker full of random maps that will convert - but when those are gone, farming new ones is going to be a seriously tedious chore for certain facets.

Overall though, the new system is starting to grow on me. It is very different, however, on a very fundamental level and I think that is going to take time for UO players to get used to.

edited May 2019
    @Kyronix, I did a lot of maps yesterday on TC.  I will have more feedback about them hopefully Saturday or Sunday.  

However, as Tanager mentioned above, there seems to be an issue with some chests not having a bag of gold and gems.  I believe the cause is using the untrap spell.  I used it on some cache chests with a character who had 110 magery and there were no messages of failure, and yet those chests had no bag of gold and gems in them.

Also, there seemed to be a subtle difference in the color of the trap removal success message on the chests where the gold/gem bag didn't show up.  It was a bright white and it seemed like that was not the same color or maybe brightness as lower-level chests where using untrap was truly successful and the gold/gem bag showed up in the chest.  I will try to experiment with stash, supply, and cache chests later today using untrap spell and see if I'm remembering correctly about the color/brightness thing.

If people are going to try to diversify their templates to not have to use remove trap skill on the cache, supply, and stash chests, we need to know that using the untrap spell is a valid option every single time it is used with an adequate amount of magery skill.

Can you please let us know if this is a bug, or if we simply aren't using the spell with high enough magery for the level of the chest?  Thanks.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318
    This post is in regard to [Loot].

I am participating in All Lvl maps.

[Cartography 100
    Lockpick 100
    Remove trap 100
    Magery 100
    Focus 85
    Spellweaving 115 (vol 3 mastery)
    Mysticism 120]

I have spent approximately [untimed!  80 maps update 1 30 maps update 2?] experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO usually include [Just about everything except pvp and Bods].

My favorite aspect of [playing] is [the variety of things I can do] because [it's FUN].

My least favorite aspect of [Fishing] is [quest rewards] because [I don't need so many books].

I wasn't too happy about the puzzles, but I spent some time with the training versions till I'd truely got the hang of how they work, now I just want the cylinder puzzles unbugged.

Stash and Supply chests. Give me more reason to do any other type but Artisan and mage. The vast majority will only go to reducing the npc's price on gems to other players when I sell them. Too few have nothing else. Wouldn't a ranger stash a supply of arrows or bandages? Would a warrior stash bandages
    Cache & above, the opposite applies, why would I do the artisan chests?
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited May 2019

[X] Remove Trap on Chests

[X] Lockpicking

The level of maps for which I am participating are:

[X] Cache (3)

120 Magery 

120 Spellweaving

100 Med

115 Tame

110 Animal Lore

100 Cartography

2110 Luck

I am participating in this content with: [X] solo

I have spent approximately [ 8 hours] so far experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO include: PvM, Crafting, & Deco

My favorite aspect of [PvM, Crafting, & Deco] is [that I can focus on tasks that have a high reward rate for my time spent] because [23 years of retail monotony in my real life has resulted in an extremely low tolerance for the repetitive grind of RNG in my game life].

My least favorite aspect of [PvM, Crafting, & Deco] is [anything that requires a lot of time repeating activities with little or no reward that I am looking for] because [I am not a gambler. My time is a valuable commodity.]

Margrette said:
    However, as Tanager mentioned above, there seems to be an issue with some chests not having a bag of gold and gems.  I believe the cause is using the untrap spell.

I opened several chests using lockpicking and remove trap skills, no magery. They also had no gold.

EDIT: After thinking about it a bit, I realized that I dug up the chest and killed the spawn and THEN swapped the tame/lore skills for LP and RT. I will test a bit more today... perhaps having the skills on while the chest is coming up somehow matters.

edited May 2019
    Margrette said:
    However, as Tanager mentioned above, there seems to be an issue with some chests not having a bag of gold and gems.  I believe the cause is using the untrap spell.  I used it on some cache chests with a character who had 110 magery and there were no messages of failure, and yet those chests had no bag of gold and gems in them.

It is not limited to Untrap (spell), unfortunately. That would be too easy.

You and Tanager were talking about this in chat yesterday and I said I hadn't run into it. Jinx. I have now had 4 Hoard chests completed with lockpicking/remove trap that did not have a bag of gold. I'll post more when I have more data. 

-Arroth
This discussion has been closed.