Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Release 2 [Strict Guidelines for Posting]

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    edited May 2019
    Drakelord said:

Same map I was trying last week.  Same results.  I love being a treasure hunter BUT you are killing me here *Poster reports not being able to complete rangers maps pre-release 2*
    You have to get new maps from the dispensers.  Throw your old ranger maps out.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    Please remember you are meant to be using the designated format to reply in this thread.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    How about asking for [number of t-maps (appr) and levels (appr) you have done in the last 4 months] added to the format, so the t-hunters are listened to instead of just the people who have RT stoned and ready to go?
    How about asking for [number of t-maps (appr) and levels (appr) you have done in the last 4 months] added to the format, so the t-hunters are listened to instead of just the people who have RT stoned and ready to go?
    That's a good idea, will add it to the format. You should start the ball rolling with the first report of your findings on TC1!
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634

This post is in regard to:

[X] Loot

[X] Remove Trap on Chests

[X] Lockpicking

The level of maps for which I am participating are:

[X] Cache (3)

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of:
    120 Magery 

100 Med

100 Tame (120 with jewls)

100 Animal Lore (120 with jewls)

100 Cartography

100 Lockpicking

100 Remove Trap

1710 Luck

I am participating in this content with: [X] solo

I have spent approximately [ 10 hours] so far experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO include: PvM, Crafting, & Deco

My favorite aspect of [PvM, Crafting, & Deco] is [that I can focus on tasks that have a high reward rate for my time spent] because [23 years of retail monotony in my real life has resulted in an extremely low tolerance for the repetitive grind of RNG in my game life].

My least favorite aspect of [PvM, Crafting, & Deco] is [anything that requires a lot of time repeating activities with little or no reward that I am looking for] because [I am not a gambler. My time is a valuable commodity.]

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature in regards to gold and gems:

I did some more testing. 10 Malas cache maps (5 artisan, 5 mage) using LP and RT skills on at the time the chest is dug up (not using magery) resulted in every single chest having a gold/gem bag. 1 deco item (so that is still 1 in 10) and 2 octopus necklaces (no mods, not imbuable).

The 50/50 spawn of the gem bag appears to be related to the use of magery.

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,729
    edited May 2019
    [  ] Mobs
    [ ] Lockpicking
    [ ] Loot
    [ x] Remove Trap on Chests
    [  ] Remove Trap Training
    [x] Map locating and digging

Had a trove map, after killing off the spawn and unlocking to chest I set remove trap and saw the puzzle, now I hate puzzle, I rather have speeding ticket then do a puzzle, specially the type of puzzles this was.  I hate these!  I was also taking damage while trying to solve it, a lot of damage.  I hate having to use remove trap.  If and when you put this out is the day I quit hunting treasures.

I walk away from the chest leaving the map and chest as is.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    A friend ask to see the trove as he had a idea, so we went and dug another up

here the puzzle

Another I learned to hate very quickly
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    I died while he was trying to do this from the damage it toss at both of us

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    edited May 2019

In the past 3 months I have done [number of maps you have done] at level [level of the maps]

I have been hoarding my maps since this revamp was announced, so I have not done any in the past few months aside from TC1. However, before that, I have done countless number (hundreds) of levels 1-6 treasure maps, mostly lvl 6 in Malas and a great many lvl 3 in Fel for the Zippy quest on Siege.

[X] Puzzles

[X] Hoard (4)

120 Magery 

100 Med

100 Cartography

100 Lockpicking

100 Remove Trap

1710 Luck

I have spent approximately [ 12 hours] so far experiencing the new content on TC1.

I did 5 Malas Hoard chests. 2 Mage, 3 Artisan. The Mage ones were fine, and both gave me a coffin piece and a gold/gem bag. They did not have a grubber. All 3 Artisan chests were broken, however.

1) As the journal text shows, I failed a few times on a cylinder puzzle. A grubber popped out and died at my feet - there was not the standard grubber message, no shout of "Mine!" and the corpse was empty. I think it popped out at the same time as a disarm fail and instantly died in the explosion, but I am not sure.

There was no journal message that the chest was untrapped, but using the skill on it gave a message that it was not trapped. However, mousing over the chest did not show any contents... so I tried to untrap again and THEN got the message of a successful disarm. However it was empty. No dust, and every fail message along the way said nothing was damaged. Even after the chest was open, mousing over it did not display the usual 0/125 items and 0 weight for an empty chest.

2) For this chest, a grubber popped out after unlocking it, and had a stack of gems in its corpse - which means there must have been a gold/gem bag inside the chest. However, when the grid puzzle was solved, it was completely empty. No dust piles, and all messages for failures said nothing was damaged.

3) Nothing unusual, it was simply empty. It had a slider puzzle.

I do the gem puzzle for Underworld and the Tiger Cub puzzle in Eodon on a regular basis. I did a ridiculous number of the cylinder puzzles in Khaldun for the Halloween event. I have experience with these two puzzles, and I can do them without much stress.

The slider puzzle, however, I simply cannot cope with. It is painfully obvious what the picture is supposed to look like, but my brain struggles with this type of visualization and I just can't solve it. I spent an annoying amount of time just to get that far, and then I got very frustrated, felt very stupid, and in the end had to walk away from not only that chest but UO for a few minutes. My fiance came over and solved it in 2 seconds. After all the frustration... the chest was empty.

On a side note, the journal message says I 'have 50 before the countermeasures activate'. I think it is missing the word 'seconds'.

I think the empty chest issue is a bug, and will be fixed. I like puzzles occasionally, and the new slider one has lovely art and might be fun once I get used to it. I would love to see puzzle boxes added like there are chess and checkers in the game, to play with when I am in the mood. However, I can 100% sympathize with the folks who are struggling with any or all of the puzzles. Aside from being difficult for certain brains, the pressure of a ticking clock takes away from the relaxing vibe of a nice evening of treasure hunting. I think these puzzles will do more harm to the treasure hunter community than good.

It was certainly not beneficial for my blood pressure hehe

Tanager said:

In the past 3 months I have done [number of maps you have done] at level [level of the maps]

I have been hoarding my maps since this revamp was announced, so I have not done any in the past few months aside from TC1. However, before that, I have done countless number (hundreds) of levels 1-6 treasure maps, mostly lvl 6 in Malas and a great many lvl 3 in Fel for the Zippy quest on Siege.

[X] Puzzles

[X] Hoard (4)

120 Magery 

100 Med

100 Cartography

100 Lockpicking

100 Remove Trap

1710 Luck

I have spent approximately [ 12 hours] so far experiencing the new content on TC1.

I did 5 Malas Hoard chests. 2 Mage, 3 Artisan. The Mage ones were fine, and both gave me a coffin piece and a gold/gem bag. They did not have a grubber. All 3 Artisan chests were broken, however.

1) As the journal text shows, I failed a few times on a cylinder puzzle. A grubber popped out and died at my feet - there was not the standard grubber message, no shout of "Mine!" and the corpse was empty. I think it popped out at the same time as a disarm fail and instantly died in the explosion, but I am not sure.

There was no journal message that the chest was untrapped, but using the skill on it gave a message that it was not trapped. However, mousing over the chest did not show any contents... so I tried to untrap again and THEN got the message of a successful disarm. However it was empty. No dust, and every fail message along the way said nothing was damaged. Even after the chest was open, mousing over it did not display the usual 0/125 items and 0 weight for an empty chest.

2) For this chest, a grubber popped out after unlocking it, and had a stack of gems in its corpse - which means there must have been a gold/gem bag inside the chest. However, when the grid puzzle was solved, it was completely empty. No dust piles, and all messages for failures said nothing was damaged.

3) Nothing unusual, it was simply empty. It had a slider puzzle.

I do the gem puzzle for Underworld and the Tiger Cub puzzle in Eodon on a regular basis. I did a ridiculous number of the cylinder puzzles in Khaldun for the Halloween event. I have experience with these two puzzles, and I can do them without much stress.

The slider puzzle, however, I simply cannot cope with. It is painfully obvious what the picture is supposed to look like, but my brain struggles with this type of visualization and I just can't solve it. I spent an annoying amount of time just to get that far, and then I got very frustrated, felt very stupid, and in the end had to walk away from not only that chest but UO for a few minutes. My fiance came over and solved it in 2 seconds. After all the frustration... the chest was empty.

On a side note, the journal message says I 'have 50 before the countermeasures activate'. I think it is missing the word 'seconds'.

I think the empty chest issue is a bug, and will be fixed. I like puzzles occasionally, and the new slider one has lovely art and might be fun once I get used to it. I would love to see puzzle boxes added like there are chess and checkers in the game, to play with when I am in the mood. However, I can 100% sympathize with the folks who are struggling with any or all of the puzzles. Aside from being difficult for certain brains, the pressure of a ticking clock takes away from the relaxing vibe of a nice evening of treasure hunting. I think these puzzles will do more harm to the treasure hunter community than good.

It was certainly not beneficial for my blood pressure hehe

I have a problem with all puzzles in the game and stay away from them, at 68 yrs old my mind is not the steel trap of my younger days and I do not need this in my game life.  When this comes out and the puzzles and remove trap are still a requirement for the level 4 & 5 maps then I will be tossing all those maps in the trash as I will REFUSE to do any that require this.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • lkatana0011lkatana0011 Posts: 42
    sadly being full time student i havent been able to get into game and test any of the new stuff.

templet
    solo t-hunter
    provo bard / peace when maxed at lvl 5 maps

switched to tamer thunter thanks for the combat pack beetles.

large key part i would like to see in t maps. is assistance with find the chest.  kind of like the hot / cold game that they played with you when using youthful treasure maps on a new char.

now davy jones locker takes most of that need away.  but not every one has one.  and thus i propose this when using a davy jones locker the maps get branded with their location as shown.  the locker doesnt show you the minutes only the degrees which would be great if that got added to the map in some way.  this still gives people like me that really like the hunt part of treasure hunting there is still some searching to do.

i see 2 parts 
    1 davy jones locker
    used and the map will now say the long and lat degrees on it. ive been recording all map locations in a book and then trying to keep them orgnized in my pack in order i took out of the locker.  it works but would to love to eliminate the book

gm cart
    does the same thing as the proposed davy jones locker so that way those that dont have the locker can still get that feature  but just have to work a  bit harder so they reach gm

it would also be cool if we could find new treasure chests that we could bring home
    say ones with some really cool new art with a random chance to spawn with a lvl of rarity.  something like colored cu's would be cool.  maybe even a gold box only possible in say ilsh ie a paragon treasure chest

ok enough chat time to get that t-hunter out and see if i can get him into some trouble
  • lkatana0011lkatana0011 Posts: 42
    ok sorry hit with another thought.

ultima has 3 languages  not counting the ones in ultima online

runic
    gargish
    serpents

id love to see those brought back into the game like they were in the single player games.

would be cool to have say new treasure chests found not by a map but by a scrap of paper fond as loot on something or in say a treasure chest.  you find this scrap of paper written in one of the 3 languages.  

you would have to go to brit library to a book that has the language letters and their translation

you translate this scrap of paper by hand no double clicking translation book for a translated copy but actually have to take an in game book or a scrap of paper and write it down.

you use the clues that it gives you and go find that new location.  and use the scrap of paper at that location for your next clue that you take back and translate or if you write down the translation key do it right there.  each set of these cues will have a level just like treasure chests.
    each lvl of the hunt lvl is how many clues you have to find before you find the actual chest its self.  which will be much higher loot then a normal treasure chest of the same level due to the fact you had to work harder to find each clue and maybe that will be a good place for the special deco chests are found.
  • In the past 3 months I have done 0 at level 1-5. 

Since it was clear that a revamp is incoming I did not do any maps. Before that I constantly did lvl 1-5 maps and was about to start with 6 & 7.

This post is in regard to [Loot/Remove Trap on Chests/Remove Trap Training/Lockpicking].

I am participating in Lvl [Stash  up to Trove] maps.

My new template:

110 Magery
    110 Eval Int
    100 Lockpicking
    100 Cartography
    100 Remove Traps
    100 Musicianship (120)
    100 Provokation (120)

I am participating in this content [solo].

I have spent approximately [2 hours] experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO usually include [list some of your favorite activities in UO].

I love activities that give me some relaxation after work. These include fishing, pirates or plunderbeacons, t-hunting, skilling taking out my tamer to miasma Lurg, wrong or doom. Pretty much anything that I don't need a group for and where I don't need to think much since I need to be constantly very focused at work. 

My favorite aspect of [the above mentioned feature] is [what you like best] because [why you like it].

I like things that give me some relaxation. To be honest, I throw some ASMR on at the 2nd monitor or watch people playing on Twitch and then play games like UO. 

I especially liked t-hunting for this. I like constant rewards for my invested time even though they might not be high level items. Killing the t-hunt mobs was always part of the path and I liked this obstacle to get to the chest. I love having a good chat in game and helping people out that I randomly encounter.

My least favorite aspect of [the above mentioned feature] is [what you like least] because [why you dislike it].
    -

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature,

Lockpicking

I did 2 trove and 2 hoard chests on TC1. Lockpicking at GM level failed for 3-6 times destroying items it the chests. In my opinion that's not very fair because you can not do anything about it.

Loot

The item loot seemed ok to me. Some greater artifacts. The possibility of a legendary is great and pushes me to do more chests in the future. But let's be honest here. T-Hunting is some kind of solo activity. Based on many comments I read in this forum it seems that lvl 6 and lvl 7 are solo-able. In my opinion that means that I cannot expect absolute high level items. When there is something I can do solo there is no relation to activities that require multiple good coordinated team members to succeed. So there needs to be a difference in quality between solo and group activities.
    I did not receive any scrolls, artifacts or so. This does not seem to be Right. PS only in fel is ok to me.

Gold, though.

In all 4 chests was no gold at all nor gems. That's something I do not like very much. In the past that was something I could count on for my invested time. At least some gold and gems. 

Remove Trap Training

I like the concept! The training boxes are nice. Training up remove traps the old school way is a pain. And simply not fun at all. Integrating the training kits is a great improvement for training up the skill. 

Remove Trap on chests

1. Bringing remove trap as a mandatory skill for high level chests is totally fine for me. Also let's be real here. 

There needs to be a difference in skill for 

a. A skill that is pretty much generic. 
    b. A skill that's only working for a small amount of things you can do with it. 

a. Magery is generic. You can hurt people, heal people, bless people, unlock, untrap, create summons, ... A lot of things can be done with it. But you only need to train 1 skill for it. 

b. remove traps is only used for ... removing traps (if there is anything else, please help me out). One skill; a pain to train up and you can only do very limited things. 

So from my point of view, it's totally ok to restrict high level chests to open with this skill only. 

There is a compromise though that I would also totally agree on in the next topic.

Puzzles

2. The puzzles on remove trapping. Puh, that's not fun. I consider myself a lurker. I read a lot in the forums but never posted. I just created an account here for posting my opinion on this topic. It's not that I cannot do them. I can do the puzzles. I love the sliders. Also the minesweeper. I'm an application developer and due to my work area I'm forced to deliver very high Quality code without much failure tolerance. I need to deal with hard puzzles all day long and keep my head busy all the time. But off work I like to relax and do stuff that does not need my brain to work at 100%. T-Hunting was a thing I loved for that. But the puzzles disturb the natural flow. Especially because you are under time pressure or under the pressure of taking a wrong decision that might kill you in an instant. I know that you folks on broadsword doing a great Job (in the past and with this revamp)! The code base of UO is >20 years old. I propably would start to chew my fingernails when I needed to work in some parts of the code. :-D The puzzles, though. They do not feel fluent. It feels like you are playing the game and then suddenly receive an old-school window that takes you out of the whole immersion. Your brain needs to refocus totally. It's like quick time events that got a lot of hate back in the day in other games. It's like the lockpicking in skyrim or fallout that you did propably 20.000 times. It's not fun. It eats time. The current puzzles (e. g. cylinder) take much longer. And they kill you. I personally do not want them in the game. But I tend to never come with a problem without a compromise because it's not all about me. If there is a slight chance we still can change the current implementation I want to share my thoughts.

Make it skill dependent.

Remove Traps
     100% Skill  (GM)
     1 out of 10 chests receive a puzzle

90% Skill 
     4 out of 10 chests receive a puzzle

80% Skill
     7 ouf of 10 chests receive a puzzle

70% Skill
     10 out of 10 chests receive a puzzle
     You are allowed to open hoard chests

60 % Skill
     10 out of 10 chests receive a puzzle
     You are allowed to open trove chests

Up the chance from 1 to x if you feel more comfortable with it.

< trove
     Magery still possible as currently implemented, no need for removing traps at all, no puzzles at all.

That is a compromise for the people that do not want to gain this skill at all. 70% that's what you need for the high level chest, but with a higher puzzle chance. I know still a change. People don't like changes. But let's agree to a comprimise. That's also great for the people who love puzzles. 30% saved for other skills because they want the 10 out of 10 chance.

I would train to 100% and would have a slim chance of receiving one. That's something I can live with. 

This is just my opinion. Something we can discuss further. It might not be a full solution but it's a suggestion. 

But even with this comprimise I totally support the next topic in every single way:

3. The difficulty of traps

I agree with a lot of other folks on that. When beeing a GM at remove traps the skill difficulty should be the opposite way arround. On low lvl skill the puzzle is harder. On high lvl skill the puzzle gets easier. Even when there is a button that tries to give a hint. When the hint fails you can die. That happened to me multiple times on the only 4 chests I did on TC (with GM skill). That took away all my fun and left me there not understanding why something like this would be ok.

That means according to point 2. you also benefit from a higher removing traps skill here as well. You get a lower chance of a puzzle and if you get one you benefit from having a higher skill which makes the puzzle easier. Isn't this great and fair and doesn't it fit all together? Then puzzles shouldn't be hard to accept even when it's cancelling the normal flow of UO since no other skill has anything equal (as far as I know).

4. This is a question I'm honestly asking myself. Why is something like a puzzle implemented for a skill? There is no other skill - as far as I know - that has something like this. No lockpicking mini-game, no magery mini-game (casting spells need you to follow moving sparkles on the screen with the mouse so that the cast is successfull); blacksmithy (you need to click on randomly appearing anvils on the screen). This reads wrong,don't you think?. So - in my opinion - the puzzles seem wrong. 

They seem totally right on the training traps. That's great. A feature I can train my skill with. But it doesn't seem right when using the real skill since no other skill has or should have anything like that. 

I hope @Kyronix reads this post and re-evaluates his thoughts about the current implementation. 

Since i'm not a native speaker forgive me my mistakes. I just wanted to take the chance that this feature is not implemented the way it is.

Have a nice day. :-)
    Best regards
    BumblebeeB2

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 501Moderator
    Please stay within the guidelines for posting in this particular thread. Post general comments in another appropriate thread. Thank you.
    edited May 2019
    In the past 6 months I have done [hundreds] of maps at [all levels, but mostly level 6 in Malas and a great many level 3 in Fel for the Zippy quest on Siege].

[X] Loot
    [X] Remove Trap on Chests
    [X] Lockpicking

The level of maps for which I am participating are: [X] Cache (3) &  [X] Hoard (4)

120 Magery
    100 Meditation
    120 Tame (jewls)
    120 Lore (jewls)
    100 Cartography
    100 Lockpicking
    100 Remove Trap
    1710 Luck

I am participating in this content with: [X] solo

I have spent approximately [14 hours] so far experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO include: PvM, Crafting, & Deco

My favorite aspect of [PvM, Crafting, & Deco] is [that I can focus on tasks that have a high reward rate for my time spent] because [23 years of retail monotony in my real life has resulted in an extremely low tolerance for the repetitive grind of RNG in my game life].

My least favorite aspect of [PvM, Crafting, & Deco] is [anything that requires a lot of time repeating activities with little or no reward that I am looking for] because [I am not a gambler. My time is a valuable commodity.]

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature:

Malas Artisan Hoard chest. No gold/gem bag, and the handle on the chest does not indicate the chest is open. I failed the first LP attempt which resulted in escaping gas, and I assume, the loss of at least one item. If that item was the bag, with everything inside, then I am a bit annoyed. Could also be a bug.

I like the puzzles, but I am officially on the bandwagon for not wanting them in treasure hunting.

I don't know if this was intended, but the explosions from these puzzle traps can harm nearby non-partied, non-guilded players in non-fel facets. I would find this very amusing at an IDOC, but I play on Siege. The cylinder one in particular would be entertaining, since you can trigger the explosion at will as many times as you wish until the chest decays. I suspect many players would not share my amusement.

I did 10 cache chests in Eodon. The dimetrosaur is brutal for a level 3 chest imo, however none of the ones I dug up were guardians sooooo... I was an inconsiderate treasure hunter. If they remain as part of the chest spawn, we should all expect to see them wandering all over the place with their poison AOE.

I did NOT like discovering that at GM Lockpicking I can get escaping gas - and destroyed items - on a level 3 chest. It does not happen often, but is downright irritating since there is nothing I can do to stop it. It is just a random fist snatching my new toy out of my hands and smashing it. Additionally, is this failure possible when using the magery spell? The current system is a simple yes or no, no RNG, but it is for lower levels than the revamp allows.

Is it common to have 2 items destroyed with just one LP fail? 

Anyway, just my observations after another round of chests. Time for more cache!

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,772
    edited May 2019
    This post is in regard to: Trove maps in Eodon
    [ x ] Mobs

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of the following real skills

Cartography 100
    Lockpicking 100
    Magery 120
    Meditation 80
    Evaluate Intelligence 120
    Remove Trap 100
    Inscription 100
    I have spent approximately 8 hours on Test Center testing Pub 103

My favorite activities on UO have been solo PvM, crafting, and gardening. My main character on production is a pure mage with a full set of 25+ SDI slayer spell books. With the exception of reptile, dino, myradex, and eodon tribe which are 15 SDI slayer spell books.

My least favorite aspect of
    [ x ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    [  ] Remove Trap on Chests
    is allosaurus
    because I had 4 allosauruses spawn as guardians.  Even with both a reptile and dinosaur slayer I was barely able to make a dent in one allosaurus.  Even if there was a group of us we would not have been able to defeat all 4 allosauruses before the timer runs out and the treasure chest goes poof.

I feel that the following can be improved about 
    [ x ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    by limiting the number of practically unbeatable guardians that get spawned as guardians. You can still have a lot of hard to beat guardians but please limit the number of boss level guardians.

[edit] Given the damage I was doing to the allosaurus I would estimate it had at least 6000 HP.  That is probably not something that should not have 4 of them spawn if at all.
    edited May 2019
    I am revising my estimate of the allosaurus's HP to at least 10,000 HP. I did another trove and got two allosaurus this time.  I hit each 10 times with 100 damage per hit and the % drop on their life was just 2% total.  That is total not per hit. I was able to do Krampus more damage.
    This post is in regard to: Artisan Supply maps in Eodon
    [ x ] Loot

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of the following real skills

Cartography 100
    Lockpicking 100
    Magery 120
    Meditation 80
    Remove Trap 100
    Inscription 100
    I have spent approximately 16 hours on Test Center testing Pub 103

My favorite activities on UO have been solo PvM, crafting, and gardening. My main character on production is a pure mage with a full set of 25+ SDI slayer spell books. With the exception of reptile, dino, myradex, and eodon tribe which are 15 SDI slayer spell books.

[  ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [ x ] Loot
    by adding the odd ingredients such as lava berries, river moss, and perfect bananas that go into the Eodon recipes as loot in the artisan supply treasure chest. 

Please follow the format, and post non-format  comments in other threads.  This thread has been cleaned up.
    This post is in regard to: Cache maps in Eodon
    [ x ] Mobs

Cartography 100
    Lockpicking 100
    Magery 120
    Meditation 80
    Remove Trap 100
    Inscription 100
    I have spent approximately 17 hours on Test Center testing Pub 103

[ x ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    is multiple high hit point dimetrosaurs spawned

[ x ] Mobs
    [  ] Lockpicking
    [  ] Loot
    by using the nerfed Dragon Spawn dimetrosaurs instead of the full powered dimetrosaurs.  Cache maps should be solo-able.  Full powered dimetrosaurs makes them not solo-able.

edited May 2019
    This post is in regard to: maps in Eodon
    [ x ] Chest location

Cartography 100
    Lockpicking 100
    Magery 120
    Meditation 80
    Remove Trap 100
    Inscription 100
    I have spent approximately 18 hours on Test Center testing Pub 103

My favorite activities on UO have been solo PvM, crafting, and gardening. My main character on production is a pure mage with a full set of 25+ SDI slayer spell books. With the exception of reptile, dino, myrmidex, and eodon tribe which are 15 SDI slayer spell books.

[ x ] Chest location

Twice now I have gotten a map that puts the chest south of the wild tigers in the area that has trees but you can not get more than a tiles south of the cliff face .

This post is in regard to: maps in Eodon
    [ x ] Mobs

Cartography 100
    Lockpicking 100
    Magery 120
    Meditation 80
    Remove Trap 100
    Inscription 100
    I have spent approximately 18 hours on Test Center testing Pub 103

My favorite activities on UO have been solo PvM, crafting, and gardening. My main character on production is a pure mage with a full set of 25+ SDI slayer spell books. With the exception of reptile, dino, myrmidex, and eodon tribe which are 15 SDI slayer spell books.

[ x ] Mobs
    is myrmidex hills getting spawned from the ground as you fight chest guardians

[ x ] Mobs
    by not spawning myrmidex hills and their myrmidex spawn if what you are fighting is a chest guardian.  If you accidently hit a non-guardian then the myrmidex hill can still spawn. 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited May 2019
    This shouldn't matter as to the validity of any feedback. I've done treasure maps for years, nothing has changed in the past three months in regards to treasure map mechanics.  In fact I've stopped doing any maps the last three months to save for the change, with the exception of maps to use for example in feedback.

This post is in regard to [Loot].

I am participating in Lvl [Trove (5)] maps.

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of 120 taming/lore/106 magery/100 cart/100 lockpicking/varying amounts of remove trap.

I am participating in this content [solo/duo/4 people depending].

I have spent approximately 15? hours (40+ trove maps) experiencing the new content on TC1.

My usual activities in UO usually include:
    Testing and Theorycrafting
    Animal Taming and Training
    Breaking things and Proving people wrong
    AFKing
    PvM named mobs encounters, Seasonal Content, Roleplaying, EM events, Wheelbarrows and Gardening, Void Pool and whatever the alliance picks for the day.

My favorite aspect of new treasure map loot is lower level maps are now viable because they are worth the time it takes to complete them.   Magic item quality is decent on felucca maps with a luck suit. (based on other peoples spreadsheets and testing on lower level loot and patch notes)

My least favorite aspect of loot is there is don't see a lot of reason to do level 4 and 5 maps over level 3's, particularly level 5, the loot does not justify the scarcity of the level 5 maps, nor the "group content" aspect for both level 4 and 5.  Quick review of content that drops level 7 maps currently: Corgul and Scalis and a chance in a 6/7 treasure chest.  I have not seen any Trove maps as loot in the 40 Trove chests I've done.  

40 Trove maps is more than all the 7's I have currently in all 10 of my davies lockers on live servers.  And most the ones I have were bought on Atlantic not from us actually getting them to drop from the content that drops them.  We do Corgul and Scalis pretty regularly. 

Between the possibility of the lockpicking hissing (had one failure produce 2 hisses) and puzzle failure, there were times I walked away with 7 magical items from a Trove chest.  

Gem/Gold bags were also not guaranteed on a Trove Map, and they should be.  In fact, just 15 of the 40 trove chests completed contained a gold/gem bag.  

---------------

Artisan trove maps are even worse than other Trove maps:

Here is an GOLD chest Artisan Trammel Trove map, solo, 150 luck, 1 pick to unlock, the puzzle was a slider: 

Yes, it did have a skull tile deed, but those can also be gotten on lower maps that are much easier to get.

Metal chest Artisan Trammel Trove map, solo, 150 luck, 1 try to unlock, circuit puzzle, 5 failures but 4 unscathed messages:

Another Artisan Trammel Trove map:

Exceptional Skull Longsword.

Randomly generated weapons will the exception of Splinters will almost with certainty be junk.  But high level artisan maps contain a majority of axes, pickaxes, smithing hammers, bracelets and rings.

Here is a more lucky roll from a Felucca Artisan Trove Map: 

Let's contrast it to a couple of the other chests:

Metal Rangers Felucca Trove map, solo, 150 luck, 3 tries to unlock, circuit puzzle, 7 failures, 5 unscathed messages:

Assassin Trammel Trove

Warrior Trammel Trove

Mages Felucca Trove

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature:,

This is a level 7 map on live: 

When you fail a lockpick or a puzzle on live, the odds of you losing something good is a lot less than the current TC1 patch.  Also, if you get total cruddy magics to roll, you still walk away with essences, reagents, refinements, gold etc to make the encounter feel like not a total loss especially for the rarity of the maps.

Trove maps need a boost, especially if they are to be considered group content. From our testing, each additional person in the party seems to add 2 additional drops.  Also because they are higher maps, the chance for failures via lockpicking and puzzles is higher than other maps so more items are lost from them overall.

Make Gem/Gold bags guaranteed on Trove maps. 

Horde and Trove Artisan should also have several assorted items found in the lower level Artisan chests.   Axes should be moved to the warrior chests. Make guaranteed drops of perhaps a lower tiered map item appear in the Trove chests.

If the loot of Trove maps is not increased in quantity (not just magical items, but included items from other tiers as well), I would seriously consider increasing where and how these maps drop. When talking to you on TC1 regarding Krampus, you mentioned Level 7 maps were reserved for very specific distribution; However, with the current state of Trove maps, we do not feel the loot is worth the rarity of the maps.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318

This post is in regard to [Mobs].

I am participating in cache maps.

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of, 
    [Cartography 100
    Lockpick 100
    Remove trap 100
    Magery 100
    Focus 85
    Spellweaving 115 (vol 3 mastery)
    Mysticism 120]

I have spent approximately [untimed!  80 maps update 1 40 maps update 2?] experiencing the new content on TC1.

I have held off on maps pending this update, but usually I do 1 - 4 hours per week digging level 3 to level 6 on all facets, 7s any facet except Ilshenar.

My usual activities in UO usually include [crafting, stealing (pvm and static) taming, pvm with various characters; bard, tamer, archer, samurai swordswoman, fishing, treasure hunting].

My favorite aspect of [treasure hunting] is [the variety of things I can find in chests that are NOT arms or armour] because [I like surprises].

My least favorite aspect of [treasure hunting] is [no surprises] 

Today I have been concentrating on Cache maps in Eodon. Using a second character, tamer with 5 slot cu sidhe, to  very carefully clean up the spawn my treasure hunter can't handle.

'Boss mobs' on maps, with the exception of frost dragons on level 7s,are a new addition. On ALL the Eodon cache maps I've done there have been 3 'boss' mobs, a mix of dimetrosaurs and saurosaurus. These make cache maps harder to do that Hoard maps on this facet. 

It is my feeling that one 'boss' is surely enough for a map, and on Cache maps, these particular bosses are too strong. They exceed mobs found on that level on all other facets by a enormous margin. My character can kill an Ancient Wyrm or Greater dragon more easily than these mobs on what is supposed to equate to a current level 4 or 5 map.

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited May 2019

This post is in regard to [Loot, in particular weapons].

I am participating in stash, supply, and cache maps for now, horde and trove possibly later this week.

• Cartography 100
    • Lockpick 100
    • Remove trap 50-100, depending on the map
    • Magery 100
    • Meditation 100
    • Musicianship 100
    • Peacemaking 120

I have spent approximately [60 hours, more or less, finishing about 375 maps or so] while experiencing the new content on TC1.

I have held off on maps pending this update, but usually I do about 5-10 hours per month digging level 3 to level 5 maps on all facets other than Ilshenar.

My usual activities in UO usually include [crafting, pvm with tamer, fishing, mining, lumberjacking, treasure hunting].

My favorite aspect of [treasure hunting] is getting ingredients, recipes, deco items, and stuff to unravel for imbuing ingredients.

My least favorite aspect of [treasure hunting] is very little of the loot is worth keeping.

My feedback today is about the properties on weapons found as loot in the chests on TC.  Much of this loot looks like it is a higher grade than what we might be used to.  However, the weapons are still unusable because properties that people want on weapons are still not high enough and it looks like this is because the weapons include a lot of properties that people don't want at all or that they can include elsewhere in their gear.  It would go a long way towards making this publish acceptable to more players if the loot is truly improved over what it has been in the past.  One theme I read over and over and over again is that no one ever finds a looted weapon that is worthwhile.  It would be awesome if that could change with this publish and people would start to say they actually found some great weapons in treasure chests.

Listed immediately below are the properties that should not be included on weapons because these properties aren't helpful or they can more effectively be picked up elsewhere on someone's gear, leaving more weight for much more desirable properties.

PROPERTIES NOT DESIRABLE ON WEAPONS:
    • Hit or Defence Chance Increase
    • Luck
    • Hit Dispel
    • Slayer 
    • Best Weapon Skill
    • Faster Casting 1
    • Lower Requirements
    • Durability
    • Hit Point, Mana, or Stamina Regeneration
    • Hit Point, Mana, or Stamina Increase
    • Dex, Intelligence, or Strength Bonus
    • Lower Mana Cost
    • Reflect Physical Damage
    • Cold, Energy, Fire, Physical, or Poison Resist
    • Enhance Potions
    Listed immediately below are properties that are desirable on weapons, as long as they are at the percentages listed or better.  If the percentages are lower, then the properties are not helpful enough to be included and something else from this list below should be substituted.

PROPERTIES THAT ARE DESIRABLE ON WEAPONS:
    • Damage Increase (50% or higher or don't include it at all)
    • Swing Speed Increase (20% or higher or don't include it at all)
    • Hit Life, Mana, or Stamina Leech (50% or higher or don't include it at all)
    • Hit Lower Attack (50% or higher or don't include it at all)
    • Hit Lower Defense (40% or higher or don't include it at all)
    • Hit Fatigue, Fireball, Harm, Lightning, Magic Arrow, Mana Drain (50% or higher or don't include it at all)
    • Hit Cold, Energy, Fire, Physical, or Poison Area (50% or higher or don't include it at all)
    • Velocity (35% or higher or don't include it at all)
    • Splintering Weapon (20% or higher or don't include it at all)
    • 100% elemental damage (i.e., 100% cold damage, 100% fire damage, 100% poison damage, 100% energy damage)
    • Mage Weapon (0 to -15)
    • Balanced
    • Spell Channeling
    Also, if you put Mage Weapon on a property, give it Spell Channeling so a mage can actually use it?  And weapons in the Mage chests should all have Spell Channeling, even if they don't have the Mage Weapon property.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Drakelord Said: I have a problem with all puzzles in the game and stay away from them, at 68 yrs old my mind is not the steel trap of my younger days and I do not need this in my game life.  When this comes out and the puzzles and remove trap are still a requirement for the level 4 & 5 maps then I will be tossing all those maps in the trash as I will REFUSE to do any that require this.

You should put the maps you don't want on a vendor. I am sure they would be snapped up fast as long as the price is fair.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,013
    edited May 2019

In the past 3 months I have done [0] at level [0].
    Honestly, I was waiting for the new publish. Treasure hunting hasn't changed much in 3 or 4 years, so 3 months seems kind of a biased question. Especially with so much to do in UO. About 2 years ago my Davies was nearing full (maps only). It was 495 maps or something. I decided to stop playing anything else and just work on maps. It took a bit, but I went through all the maps, and the maps spawned from those, etc., until I had just 106 or 107 Level 6 maps left. (And yes, I went out and dug up every map, even the level 1's.) Then I went through all the Lvl 6's, and all the maps those spawned. I got my Davies to 0 maps! However, I had almost 200 MiBs. So then I started in with them. Then did all the maps those generated and worked myself down to 0 maps and 0 MiBs! Then I started fishing for skill gains. Now I'm up to like 80 MiB's and 10 or 15 maps. So, I started killing Cora instead, just for a break from maps.
    I always kind of chuckled at people who had multiple Davies lockers, because I tended to run off my maps when I got near 100. Now I understand. If you get behind on maps, and you have MiB's, those little lockers fill up fast.   

This post is in regard to [Loot].

I am participating in Lvl [Stash (1), Supply (2), Cache (3), Hoard (4), Trove (5)] maps.

Magery120
    Meditation120
    Eval Intel120
    Cartography100
    Lockpicking100
    Remove Trap100
    Total660
    Available60

I have spent approximately [40.25 hrs] experiencing the new content on TC1 since Release 2. I think I need to go out into Sun.

My usual activities in UO usually include:
    Killing Cora
    Killing Captains
    T-hunting
    Watching Netflix while macroing Lobster Fishing (Seriously?!? Hummer Lobster again!!!!)
    Killing Miasma

If you build a custom weapon just for killing Miasma and then engrave it with a special name...that's one step to far isn't it?

My favorite aspect of [T-hunting] is [loot] because [Got Loot?].

My least favorite aspect of [T-hunting] is [loot] because:
    All items have the chance to roll, with all mods, in all chests.

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature:
    Ok, random thoughts this morning. This is just me brainstorming. There may be many other reasons I'm not thinking of, not to do any of this. But, this might be viable?

So, Kyronix mentioned somewhere that one of the problems with dividing up the chests by profession, is there just isn't that much loot to go around. All of us know that most of the Stash/Supply/Cache just don't have much other than GGB (Gold-Gem Bag) and for cache equipables. The presence of the other goodies T-hunters are used to (recipes, scrolls, t-maps) is just too low. However, I don't think anyone really wants an SoT in every Stash, that would probably unbalance things. So, where to find extra loot?

T-hunting basically gets all of it's loot from other systems. T-hunting is just an optional way to find loot that is primarily introduced to the game through other mechanics. Mob's have equipables, mini-champs have essences, crafting quests have recipe's, etc.

Players have been asking for different styles of equipable, with the same stats, for years.

T-hunter's currently throw lots of stuff away to build up Clean-Up Britannia (CUB) points. So, t-hunting feeds into Clean-Up Britannia. Clean-Up Britannia is nothing but a long list of loot. T-hunting needs loot. Have Clean-Up Britannia feed back into T-hunting.

Put some/most/all the loot from Clean-Up Britannia into treasure chests. Through shear serendipity, you all have both systems open and on the work bench right now.

You're looking for new rewards for CUB, put in variants of the Knights/Sorcerers/Scout/Fisher/Whatever sets. These sets are already setup for variants, add to them. Have Samurai plate alternates for Knights, have Elf alternates for Knights, have Garg alternates for Knights, have Bone alternates for Sorcerers.....whatever. Players get alternate looks, at least some, on gear that isn't totally unbalancing. Gear that as of now takes a bit to save up for and is replica, so people don't want to use it. Put in another way of getting that gear so people are less hesitant to wear it. Toss in the deco pieces from CUB. Put 1 use dyes in Artisan chests (artists paint things). Give players who just can't seem to save up points a chance at getting stuff through another means.

There are so many variations in stuff in CUB it would take forever to get the thing you want. We are used to that, it's part of UO. If you can't get what you want, turn in the stuff your getting from t-chests for CUB points and get that one piece you've always been looking for but can't get the RNG to drop.

CUB you get the exact item you want, but it costs a lot of points. T-chest you get a item for free, but it's totally random. Don't like the item, turn it in, build up points, choose the item you want. Just like CUB or Blackthorn's is currently. CUB and T-hunting would just cycle. But it'd be like buying from an NPC. "Here adventurer, let me sell you this plate chest for 100 gold. What, you want to sell it back? I'll give you 8 gold."

Put high CUB point items in Stash, mid in Supply, and lower into Cache. People are going to burn through Cache looking for gear. Give them items, but don't overpower the system.

Anyway, that's my brilliant idea (or probably not so brilliant). It only popped into my head because you happen to be working on CUB at the same time. Seems like an opportunity.

-Arroth
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    In the past 3 months I have done [0] at level [0] 
    I started hoarding my maps as I'm not able to play daily as I would like, especially after moving around the country a bit and doing RL things.
    Historically, I would take about 20 lvl 1 - 4 maps out once a week which would be about 2 or 3 hours of play for me. Lvl 5, 6 & 7 were sold on vendors, or used with returning friends. Considering most are not returning... the higher level maps are sold. Treasure hunting is a break from BoDs and resource gathering (mostly leathers).

This post is in regard to [Mobs/Loot/Remove Trap on Chests/Remove Trap Training/Lockpicking].
    and Puzzles - be it training or on the live chests themselves.

I am participating in 
    Level 4 & 5 (no mob, dinking around with the remove trap.. ugh), then regular and random lvl 1, 2, 3 before i got tired

The template I am using to participate in the above content consists of...
    This is my normal skill set. I typically have Cart on a stone and Focus at 100., and mining is at 75. Am looking for a new balance with Remove Trap, maybe even take it lower since mining is not needed anymore. Will be playing with this.
    Chiv: 120
    Heal: 55 (because I still use bandies)
    Parry: 50
    Resist Spells: 110
    Swords: 110
    Tactics: 75
    Cart: 100 (stone swaps with Focus when not actively hunting)
    Remove Trap: 75 - changes through testing, see below
    Lockpicking: remainder (see notes below)

I am participating in this content solo.

I have spent approximately 6 hours tonight in relation to this post experiencing the new content on TC1 dedicated ONLY to t-maps and how i solo them and documenting this... 

My usual activities in UO usually include ...
    Crafting/BoDs, PvM, merchandising, customizing and decorating, stealing (dungeon crawls with theif), fishing (High Seas), t-hunting - in this order

My favorite aspect of [the above mentioned feature] is [what you like best] because [why you like it].
    I like to get rewarded for my effort. This is for everything.

My least favorite aspect of [the above mentioned feature] is [what you like least] because [why you dislike it].
    I dislike repetition... Things like lumberjacking and mining are mind-numbing necessities, I rarely do them and when I do I usually have a movie on at the same time. I've hoarded enough wood and ingots to avoid actually gathering them for a good long time.
    Fishing and T-Hunting are also  bit repetitious for me, but has some immediate reward that I cannot get anywhere else unless I want to buy.

I feel that the following can be improved about the above feature... 

What has attracted me, and kept me returning to UO all these years is the sandbox environment of the game. Being rewarded for my efforts in crafting within the community is why I GM'd my Smith in all her skills way before GM-ing Kirthag my warrior turned paladin (and Kirth is still not GM in all her skills). Now, with all the item properties and enhancements and imbuing and what not - I don't make suits or weapons anymore.... is sad, but my crafter really just tinks and carps now for deco items.

That said, the changes to High Seas and treasure hunting are moves in the right direction - but there needs to be consideration for the process, and it needs to make sense.

Why would a chest that has had the trap removed, still have an (infuriating) puzzle to solve? And need to keep "removing trap" to get to that puzzle to come up subsequent times.which is even MORE frustrating. 
    Puzzles are fine, they can be fun. But they should be gone if the skill Remove Trap has been successful.

Or keep them, but remove the damage effects for every-single-fail and make it so we don't have to keep doing remove trap for the failed puzzle to come back and we try again. That is more than aggravating - it makes for complete frustration and treasure hunting is NOT FUN ANYMORE - especially once finally getting rid of the trap/puzzle, EVERTHING IN THE CHEST IS DUST! That slider puzzle is the worst. I hate it and will dump a map over it I don't care what level it is. I do NOT want to think too hard, especially when the skills required for successful t-hunting are about at maximum - the puzzles are a kill-joy in that respect. Why would a person even bother working the skills if the enjoyment is ruined by some frustrating puzzle? 

That puzzle really doesn't rely on game-skill but player-skill and sometimes when a player has had a really frustrating day, coming into UO for escape and such is supposed to be relaxing. To go treasure hunting, spend all that time decoding, hunting, digging, killing spawn, solving *&^% puzzle... for dust?? No thank you. That is no reward and is a huge turn off. Is not a game killer for me, but I may as well sell off all my high level maps and the lockers to put other deco stuff there and let someone else get frustrated.

And there is the vent. Yes, those no-mob chests with the most aggravating puzzles will not be done by this player anymore. 
    Circuit - is okay, can deal with it.
    Cylinder - i liked playing mastermind as a kid, is alright now - but losing an items AND taking damage every time I submit is kinda irritating. One or the other... not both. But if I successfully remove trap, why am I even seeing this? If I removed that trap, then let me solve the puzzle without any damage - or get rid of it. 
    Slider - aft

Got tired of the no-mob chests and their puzzles and the stuck items in the chests, so decided to get some action by playing around with 3 of each level. Here's the breakdown...

Assassin Stash
    5 times "something is blocking this chest" when digging
    when finally came up, there were 5 "shadow" chests "underground" - removed them
    6th time digging, successful chest appeared; 
    blinked and eyelashes cut down spawn (too simple maybe, even for level 1)
    unlock w/skeleton key; 
    didn't remove trap; explosion and pain but not anything I couldn't handle
    chest filled with a whole lot of dust as result; could remove some dust, but others were "blocked by something standing in the way"; 
    all dust disappeared after a few seconds; removed chest

Artisan Stash
    dug up on first try
    sneezed and spawn died
    unlock with skeleton key - but got "you must kill all guardian" message... 
    sat for a few minutes
    tried unlock with skeleton key again, fail (?) - then fail again (?!) - third time unlocked
    Remove Trap skill, removed purple potion
    Able to loot goodies (gems & about 40k in gold [i like this bag!], 50 barbed leather, crate w/6 enhancers [varnish, washes, and such]) 
    removed chest

Artisan Stash
    dug up first try
    yawned and spawn swooned
    removed trap (purple potion) first
    then decided to do this with 0 lockpicking and skeleton key
    - failed 8 times then... "gas escapes" twice
    -- no other notice, no damage received from escaping gas
    - decided to use 2.4 lockpicking skill with skeleton key, success 
    able to loot goodies (gem bag with 30k gold and misc. gems, still like this bag - but nothing else)

by now is about midnight, I started doing these maps at about 10pm and I'm tired now (2 hours)

decide to do one more map
    Mage's Supply
    twice had "something is blocking this chest" message
    dug up on third try
    ahh, some fun spawn, but they didn't last (gazer, fire ele, orc mage & gargoyle)
    Removed trap first time (purple potion)
    Changed lockpick to 50.0
    using skeleton key, took 3 tries to unlock, with one "gas escapes" message (strange, considering I successfully removed the trap)
    open chest, one pile of dust - that's it, nothing else
    remove dust, Ogre Lord appears! :D
    We danced, he stubbed his toe and fainted
    removed chest
    two more "underground" chests - could remove trap, but no unlocking them, so removed them 
    took 15 minutes
    will do one more

Warrior's Cache
    dug up first try after a bit of cursing in the jungle
    YAY! poison ele, demon, ogre lord and blood ele! fun! only died once (forgot I didn't set up macros)
    removed trap (purple potion, again)
    changed lockpicking to 100
    Used regular lockpicks
    - fail
    - fail
    used skeleton key; success!
    loot not the best, a greater arti, some major magics (if this were prodo would take them for unraveling), a gem bag with 46k and average 18 each standard gem
    removed chest
     (more in next post)
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    continued from last post

Ranger's Hoard
    found it, but "something in the way" again for digging up
    Spawn was decent (2 titans, 1 cold drake, blood ele)
    lockpick success first try with standard picks (100 lockpick skill)
    remove trap - cylinder puzzle - solved in 4 moves
    cannot take anything out of the chest >:(
    looked for that "underground" chest; removed it
    still cannot loot the dug up chest, slightly frustrated and getting angry
    removed chest full of loots. 

last map, looted off the last blood ele
    Warrior's Cache
    easy find, dug up no issues
    spawn was fun (2 ogre lords, a grimm omen, a demon)
    lockpick skill success, remove trap success 
    could take out loot, got a skull sword :)
    took out bag and Liche Lord popped up, he wanted the bag back i guess
    sent him away, took rest of loot, removed chest

seems if there is an issue digging up and there are "hidden" chests, then cannot loot the chest. will dink with that some tomorrow. i needs my sleep now.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318

[X] Loot

[X] Trove (Eodon)

Mystic/Spellweaver as previously listed

My usual activities in UO include: crafting, fishing, treasure hunting, stealing (not pvp), pvm on several templates

I dug a Trove map in Eodon, I managed to clear the spawn by switching character but it took me almost an hour. I succeeded in unlocking the box on the first attempt and in removing the slider puzzle trap, however the chest was totally empty.  Is it possible that because I took so long to clear the spawn the chest contents simply decayed?

This discussion has been closed.