Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Release 2 [General Discussion & Questions]

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
edited May 2019 in Test Center
This is for general questions & discussion.  Please use this thread for feedback.

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    From @TimSt:

In the publish notes it says "Less hints will be given as Remove Trap skill increases." for the cylinder trap. Is this correct or should it be 'More' instead of 'Less'?

This is correct - the better your skill, the less hints you get during the training process.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    @Kyronix, you indicated I should not use the cartography talisman in the previous stage of testing.  Would it be appropriate for me to use it now and compare results from using it versus not using it?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    Thank you all for posting the Loot!!!, If anybody wants me to tag along and kill stuff, send me a PM.  I am not good at digging but I can kill stuff.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Pawain said:
    Thank you all for posting the Loot!!!, If anybody wants me to tag along and kill stuff, send me a PM.  I am not good at digging but I can kill stuff.
    Someone has posted the loot from this round?  where?

edited May 2019
    I am asking for those that posted last round to post it again.  I am Thanking them in advance.
    Pawain said:
    I am asking for those that posted last round to post it again.  I am Thanking them in advance.
    I'm stuffing information in the same Google spreadsheet I was using before.  (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17SHMAEYnwRJ1o6e_16ov9JKue0DnHi1FzHnxOt-bI8g/edit?usp=sharing ) It has a link in it to images of items.  When I get around to doing the appropriate levels of chests with magic items in it, I'll post them in the other sheet again.
  • DramoraDramora Posts: 14
    I copied a character to test and brought my Davies locker with her.  When I went to grab some maps out of it, all of my level five and six maps were changed to Trove maps.  Since I know I didn't have any level sevens in that locker, I'm sure that's a mistake!  Also, some of them were changed to "mage's" where the level should have been, and some simply said "Missing string" where it should have said the type of map.
    Dramora said:
    I copied a character to test and brought my Davies locker with her.  When I went to grab some maps out of it, all of my level five and six maps were changed to Trove maps.  Since I know I didn't have any level sevens in that locker, I'm sure that's a mistake!  Also, some of them were changed to "mage's" where the level should have been, and some simply said "Missing string" where it should have said the type of map.
    Did you patch up your client prior to accessing TC1?
  • DramoraDramora Posts: 14
    Yes, I patched before I copied my character.
    @Kyronix, will paragon chests only give Eodon maps now, or will paragon chests include maps for any facet, including Eodon? Will we be able to get Eodon maps from monsters in Eodon?  Last time I looked on the wiki list, wild tigers seemed to be the only Eodon monster that might spawn treasure maps.
  • ChaosNExusChaosNExus Posts: 14
    Would it be possible to make these cartography talismans actually be a bonus for treasure hunting?  They are super hard to get and that would make people do heartwood and sanctuary quests more.  I feel these talismans are useless otherwise.
    @Margrette - the notes state - 
    • Added Eodon maps as potential drops in paragon chests.
    They were added, other facets still remain.  Notes also state re: Eodon Maps...
    • Treasure Maps have been added to the Valley of Eodon.  Creatures will drop a map based on their overall difficulty.  Generally – the more difficult the creature, the higher the level of map that will drop.
    @ChaosNExus - the talisman relate to cartography crafting only.  They do not offer a direct +skill bonus.  The new minor artifact Cartography glasses will increase your skill and benefit Treasure Hunting.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Kyronix said:
    @ ChaosNExus - the talisman relate to cartography crafting only.  They do not offer a direct +skill bonus.  The new minor artifact Cartography glasses will increase your skill and benefit Treasure Hunting.
    So the Cart. Tallies only apply to this
    Minimum Requirements for Making Maps
    Map TypeRequired Skill
    Local Map0
    City Map25.0
    Sea Map35.0
    World Map50.0
    Tattered Wall Map50.0
    Eodonian Wall Map65.0 (recipe required)
    Star Chart00.0
    • Randomly generated magic equipment has had a quality pass, placing more weight on artifact-level intensities.

Is this for all equipment or just the ones in T Chests?

Thanks for the deco!  A longsword is not a composite Bow :(
    edited May 2019
    Bilbo said:
    Kyronix said:
    @ ChaosNExus - the talisman relate to cartography crafting only.  They do not offer a direct +skill bonus.  The new minor artifact Cartography glasses will increase your skill and benefit Treasure Hunting.
    So the Cart. Tallies only apply to this
    Minimum Requirements for Making Maps
    Map TypeRequired Skill
    Local Map0
    City Map25.0
    Sea Map35.0
    World Map50.0
    Tattered Wall Map50.0
    Eodonian Wall Map65.0 (recipe required)
    Star Chart00.0

The Talismans increase the % chance to create a cartography crafted item, just like they did before and the other crafting Talis do now.  Cartography crafting does not have exceptional items so there is only an increase to the chance to make.

They do not reduce the required skill.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,013
    edited May 2019

Progress: As of 105 2, gems vary in quantity alphabetically. Yeah!

Probable Bug: All gems in Tokuno Stash Chests appear in stacks of 7, 9, or 11. No stacks of 8 or 10.

Probable Bug: Any amount of gold in Tokuno Stash Chests above 20,000 appears as a second pile of gold. (Already reported by Margrette in the other thread).

In 105 1 gold appeared as a single pile regardless of quantity. This approach was preferable.

Only had the chance to test for an hour or so at this point, and have only done 10 maps, but the above two things are pretty obvious.

On my second chest I forgot Remove Trap was in and turned most of the loot to dust. *Smiles* That was fun actually. Nice to see an addition to the game. Loving RT while hiding.

Suggestion: Could we not be revealed when opening the chest and instead only be revealed when moving an item in the chest? This would be consistent with being revealed when interacting with other containers. (This is not a big deal. It would just be nice to have the revealing mechanic be consistent.) 

Can't wait to test the RT puzzles! However, I'd first like to repeat my testing from 105 1. 

Like Margrette, I'm just adding to my existing spreadsheet. I'll upload when/if I have more than 10 chests done.

-Arroth
    Re: the piles of gold. The multiple piles is required now that we bumped the amount you can get.
    edited May 2019
    @Kyronix, it's looking like the ML ingredients only come from Artisan Supply chests in Malas and the essences only come from Artisan Supply chests in Ter Mur.  This doesn't match the publish notes. Are we supposed to be able to get these ingredients in any other facets?

Probable Bug: Any amount of gold in Tokuno Stash Chests above 20,000 appears as a second pile of gold. (Already reported by Margrette in the other thread).

I've seen a couple of supply chests that had 2 piles of 20k gold and then a third pile with less than 20k.  Based on that and what Kyronix said, I'm guessing no matter how much gold is in the chest, it will be divided into piles of 20k.
    • Randomly generated magic equipment has had a quality pass, placing more weight on artifact-level intensities.

Which does this mean?  

1. More items on the high T Chests will be Artifact Level? (higher chance for artifact level)

2.  There will be more weight on Artifact level items?  (more properties...higher values)

Still does this just apply to T chests?

Either 1 or 2  Thanks!
    Re: Special crafting ingredients, they are available in Artisan Supply - notes will be updated to reflect the change.  Ingredients are facet specific to the facet the originate from (ML in Malas, Imbuing in Ter Mur)

Re: Loot, the budget ranges for each chest quality has been increased - in turn this results in items generated with higher overall intensities.  This just applies to Treasure Maps.
    edited May 2019
    Kyronix said:
    Re: Special crafting ingredients, they are available in Artisan Supply - notes will be updated to reflect the change.  Ingredients are facet specific to the facet the originate from (ML in Malas, Imbuing in Ter Mur)

Re: Loot, the budget ranges for each chest quality has been increased - in turn this results in items generated with higher overall intensities.  This just applies to Treasure Maps.
    Limiting the essences to just Artisan Supply maps from Ter Mur seems like a pretty big negative change from what we have now, Kyronix.  I'm grateful for the small chance to get the ML ingredients, but I am not happy about the imbuing ingredient change because I think getting Ter Mur Supply maps that have the Artisan theme and are not for a dreadful location is going to be pretty tough to do.
    Margrette said:
    Kyronix said:

Limiting the essences to just Artisan Supply maps from Ter Mur seems like a pretty big negative change from what we have now, Kyronix.  I'm grateful for the small chance to get the ML ingredients, but I am not happy about the imbuing ingredient change because I think getting Ter Mur Supply maps that have the Artisan theme and are not for a dreadful location is going to be pretty tough to do.
    Thanks for the feedback. Originally the special material crafting category was spread among 3 packages, however feedback was that since they were crafting items they should be in the artisan chest, hence the change. There are literally 10s of thousands of maps in existence that will have a chance to become Artisan maps. This also offers incentive to harvest maps from Ter Mur to target these items, which gives value to the landmass.
    Kyronix said:
    Thanks for the feedback. Originally the special material crafting category was spread among 3 packages, however feedback was that since they were crafting items they should be in the artisan chest, hence the change. There are literally 10s of thousands of maps in existence that will have a chance to become Artisan maps. This also offers incentive to harvest maps from Ter Mur to target these items, which gives value to the landmass.
    Unfortunately, there aren't many things in Ter Mur that drop expertly or adeptly drawn maps, so I doubt there are going to be very many Ter Mur Artisan Supply maps.  You would have the numbers, though.   :)

However, I never did figure out what would have dropped a plainly drawn map in Ter Mur, so I guess it's good you went with the Supply level after all! 
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Does this change mean I'm now going to have to solve a puzzle every time I do a treasure map?
    Kyronix said:

Thanks for listening to the feedback in the first round!
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    ZekeTerra said:
    Does this change mean I'm now going to have to solve a puzzle every time I do a treasure map?
    The puzzles appear to be just for RT training. Using RT on a chest still seems the same.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    edited May 2019
    And I'm not good with what makes for "good quality" loot in terms of properties, but I just did a cache in Trammel (gold quality) and of the six items inside, there were two major magic items, a lesser artifact, two greater artifacts, and a major artifact. Definite improvement in quality in that sense.
    edited May 2019
    Faeryl said:
    ZekeTerra said:
    The puzzles appear to be just for RT training. Using RT on a chest still seems the same.
    That's what I thought too, initially.  However, I just reread the notes and it says you'll have to solve the puzzle on the Horde and Trove chests.   I hate this idea.  I don't like doing the puzzles in the Underworld and wouldn't bother with them if someone else hadn't already figured them out.  Some of us just don't do well with that kind of logic and visualization.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    Just did 2 Hoard chests and yes you have to solve a puzzle to remove the trap.  I for one am not a big fan of puzzles so this change may make me hang up my t-hunter.  All we really asked was for a bump in loot and lower the number of junk items in chests.  I'm pretty depressed about the new changes.  I REALLY HATE PUZZLES and don't do any of the puzzle quests.  I enjoyed my t-hunter but this will put an end to that.  BTW at GM Carto I didn't see a single clue appear either.
This discussion has been closed.