Pub 108 - House Decay Rules Feedback

Comments

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited March 2020
    Added the following items to be deleted when a house collapses:
    • Bank checks <-- this is agreeable
    • Heavy items <-- would this be the items that get stuck? like statuettes & such? but NOT RUBBLE
    • Linked attendants <-- YAY! No more barkeeper in the middle of the woods!
    • Vet Rewards <-- WHAT?!?!?! This is why most actually DO the IDOC - player & scripter alike!
    • Water Barrels, tubs, and water containers that weigh 255+ stones <-- Will their contents also be deleted??

Why, for the love of all that is Sosaria, would you delete the Vet Rewards? Certain ones (Shard Shields) are agreeable, even the Lighthouse I could see go poof, but so many others (workstations, statues, deco, DYE TUBS) - most of the time, it is from the private home that went IDOC that these come into other's hands and are shared within the shard.

Bad enough you are already deleting all of the resources. It took me a bit to think about that one, and I can understand why... so I've not said much about it. But VET REWARDS?!?! 

It would be better to make Veteran Reward SHARD BOUND. And would be something that will hurt the RMT people who have migrated innumerable amounts of Vet Rewards to ATL. Better to make these rewards stay on the shard of creation than just have them go *poof*

So - apply a DB wide script that says all claimed Vet Rewards are bound to their respective shards as of pub108. Any newly claimed Vet Reward will stay Shard Bound from then forward.

If you want to make them exclusive for the vets, then have them account-age-useable only. Seriously, don't just delete them from the IDOC. These are treasures!

For the masses... here is the list of Vet Rewards that are scheduled to be poof at an IDOC near you...
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/veteran-rewards/
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98

there is absolutely no point in deleting resources/vet rewards/heavy items etc etc etc. you say your trying to fix idocs? then break the scripts other games have been able to break the scripts why cant you? deleting these items from idocs basically destroys the entire game of idoccing, at this point just delete the damn house when it falls. I will go find something else to do, all I can say is THANK GOD i wasnt doing idocs to make real life money, but this definetly completely ruins the whole point of doing idocs. this is your worst change yet in a list of bad changes that you have been making in regards to Idocs
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 869
    edited March 2020
    Wow. Now Vet rewards going. Is it actually worth bothering with idocs?  What with the RMT scripters already boasting about workarounds there doesn’t seem to be much good news coming our way 

WHO ASKED FOR THAT?......

not that I can be bothered anymore but I am pretty sure not once in previous posts were people saying delete vet rewards. But they WERE asking for commodity deeds to be lootable and heavy items like logs etc to be deeded 

maybe the solution is to make idocs so crap that no one will bother 

getting worse
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Instead of all of this work... why not just make all idocs regardless of facet a pvp zone.

Reds still aren't allowed in tram, ter mur or malas, but while in an idoc zone plus 30 tiles, your flagged as VVV, and freely attackable by anyone, and for 5 minutes after.

This allows for the players to police ourselves, lessens the changes, and keeps the pixel crack that we love.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    There are so many problems with this patch and the mechanics the way it is now, I can't even.  (and I'm rarely at a loss for words).  

I don't even know where to begin.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    jelinidas said:
    Let me guess. Ran into problems coding this FUBAR. So instead of delaying the publish, you took the easy way out. But hey! The publish will be on time! I mean why get it right, as long as we keep the schedule! 

You guys have lost your effin minds! In whos world does deleting vet rewards make sense? Oh, wait...the gold sellers. Cant piss them off. Epic Fail.
    lol
    QFT
    Glad I got to read this before the inevitable thread cleanup comes, and makes this all smell like rainbow unicorn farts again.

• DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    edited March 2020
    personally I loved idocs back in the old days before I left UO to play a variety of other games, one of the main things that used to come up in conversations about UO was the fun we had at Idocs, its also the main reason my wife and I returned to UO february of last year and picked up playing again, the removal of the Idoc gameplay via the removal of anything of value, is not the right way to go about making a change, if you really REALLY want to fix the RMT/scripting part of this then BREAK THE SCRIPT CODE, it can be done, I have seen many other games successfuly break scripter codes, Everquest Franchise, World of Warcraft, SWTOR, just to name a few, I am pretty sure that the current scripting programs could easily be disabled and solve the problem, there is absolutely no reason to destroy the Idoccing gamestyle. it WILL cost you subscriptions I guarantee it, My thoughts at this point is go back to the drawing board and try again, You were on the right track, the new barrel breaking mechanism in trammel was actually kind of fun, and allowed the average player a chance to get something nice, the removal of everything worth going to an idoc for resources,money,vet rewards,em rewards,rares etc is not the proper solution. IF you are going to continue with the current plan as it is being implemented then quite honestly just delete the house when it decays and be done with the entire Idoccing system, there is absolutely no valid reason to go to an idoc to get some goza mats,plants,or shipwreck items or whatever the heck else ur looking at leaving in play
    "And would be something that will hurt the RMT people "

This is not allowed.  Never, in many years, have we hurt the RMT people.
    How dare you propose we start now.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 501Moderator
    If you can manage to remain respectful and follow the Terms of Service, criticism and protests will remain.

Ooooh, a challenge LOL  
    * rubs hands together while laughing*

But seriously, one question on all this.

In the past, we have done events where we closed the night out with a house drop for the shard, house loaded with whatever anyone wanted to contribute.

If we load a house up, with say, Grass tiles, a few checks, (we have put in lots of deeds of ingots, cloth, bandages, etc.)  Will that stuff be deleted as well if we just drop the house?

Or will this silly new coding actually recognize the difference and let it all drop as intended?

I can see it now, with vet rewards being deleted.  No one wants to use a reward for an early year gift, such as an ethy.  So as they slowly get eliminated from the game due to this, look for ethy horses and ossies, etc.  to be coming soon to the UOStore for $10 each.  I mean, 1000 sovereigns, sorry.

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    People who obviously don't play the game, consistently, shouldn't be making these decisions.

Why exactly, are we supposed to be interested in IDOCs after this?  The novelty of looting a random junk piece of armor someone was holding onto to unravel later?

Or perhaps is those plants we've been growing forever?

or the rare sundials that were given out a thousand at a time? /sarcasm

sheeesh, whoever decided this, well, I'm speechless.

But that won't last long.

Someone tell Mariah to get ready for a long night LOL
    POST OF THE DAY!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    @Bleak @Kyronix I see NOTHING in the "changes" that have ANY effect on the scripting problems/concerns that have been mentioned by SEVERAL people! I am completely at a loss to even begin to understand where and why these changes are being proposed. 

Also, This is just crazy!!!!!!!! "All damage done to barrels will be standardized and will not be modified by skills or spells." ??????? Where else in the game do skills not matter???????????????????????????? 

I hope I am missing something here, because I cannt fathom the reasoning behind any of the "changes"!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    I can go along with the skills not mattering on the barrel damage.  With cramped templates already, no one should need a dedicated char for idoc'ing, it's supposed to be a sideline for 'anyone' to do and have fun with.
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    wow, wow , wow, REALLY??
    I mean no disrespect @Kyronix@Bleak ; but who is calling the shots? who is giving this horrible Ideas? do you guys actually play the game??? I agree with everyone else, may as well delete the whole Idoc system of the game. This was supposed to be discussed with US players, yet nothing was discussed at all, you guys just came up with the idea that no one suggested, made worse and worse and worse and now really just ruined Idoc.
    if you guys actually played the game, you would understand that VET REWARDS is one thing that most Idocers go for, Graden shed, Ethereals, Tokens, Machinery , Deeds, Raised Garden, Lighthouse  and list goes on and on and Now You will DELETE them??? , 1st you took resources out, than heavy items (Rubbles) and now Vet Rewards??? I have no idea who in the Team is giving those ideas.

Everything is this game is based on SKILLS, so when you say that we have to PUNCH our way in with no WEAPON, means Wrestling/Anatomy/Tactics + DI + SSI and now you telling us that those are NOT required?? , so we back to square one. I can create 5,10,15 BRAND NEW toons, Zero skills required, 60 STR, do couple punchs at barrel and I get 50 items!!!.

PLS, PLS , PLS , PLS, LISTEN TO US PLAYERS, STOP THIS NON SENSE!!!!

May as well transfer all to owners Bank and you will make everyone Happy.
  • Dixie_of_Chessy1Dixie_of_Chessy1 Posts: 75
    edited March 2020
    i was so excited yall..... you have no idea how much i love idocs...the thought of being able to do them again.... making brand new toons, a template just for idocing.... i already have my wrestler maxed and ready to go on chessy.....but no rubble...no vet rewards......  i feel like cindy lou whoo waking up and seeing the grinch stealing the last bit of christmas cheer from the town...... *sighs*  i just spent a fortune upgrading 2 accounts and stuff after returning to UO.  Now i just wanna know if these changes are for real or a bad , early april fools prank....  my accounts bill around the 20th..hope we know before then cause im not paying another month if this nonsense sticks
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna @Mesanna1 ;

Here is what goes poof -

• Account Bound Items
    • House Only Items
    • Commodity Deeds
    • Stackable Items
    • Goza Mats
    • Bank checks
    • Heavy items
    • Linked attendants
    • Vet Rewards
    • Water Barrels, tubs, and water containers that weigh 255+ stones
    Is this true?  WHY?  Why even have IDOCs, just delete everything and be done with it.  What is left?  If you are going to destroy a part of UO then you need to explain why.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    Darn I already made a wrester...   Thanks Popps...

I like Resources and Statuettes.  Where was the feedback that asked to delete those?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    So no point of doing idoc anymore. Scripter win becasue not worth it. 

Cant get vet rewards or bank checks and resources. So no point.

Anyone know about guild stones. There house only and deeded item. 

Next will be em items. Not every house has em items. 

Why dont they just delete the hole house then there will be nothing to get.  

You will only be going to place and the scripters will still win at let.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Sorry can't edit my last comment.

So what items will actually be left.

Flowers junk armour and furniture
    edited March 2020
    @Bleak @Kyronix After seeing the proposed "changes", I have reconsidered. Just delete EVERYTHING, and be done with it. This is like a bad joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LuluLulu Posts: 1
    Perhaps the notion of not needing skills to break barrels, i get that. Like everyone else said, removing all the vets rewards drops is nuts. All you have done is make peeps that already has amassed tons of the vet drops be become super game rich because the prices of those items will now tripe. OR EA wants to make them available to purchase via their store. Who wants to spend more $$ on items that are available in game.  GET REAL with what players want. 
    Dev Team = 4 People
    Players - 2k? 3k?    (This Higher Number, should Matter on the opinion).

Players request for Idocs: Make everything go into a moving crate to the owners House and than later charge a super high fee to owners to retrieve his belongs.

Dev Team: We heard your feedback and we will go back into the "Thinking Table" and come back with a better solution!!!

Now you guys came and give us that?? Delete all resources? Delete all Vet Rewards, Deeds, Commodity, Crystal Portals, Teleports, Raised Garden, Garden Shed, Heavy Items, Rubbles and soo many more and you call that a fix?

Why Not listen to our (Players) 1st choice and PUT everything into a crate and move to the owners bank?  bc  you already removing all anyway!!

So nobody here asked for the latest nerf i.e Vet Rewards

i am how 100% convinced the devs have been bombarded with PM’s from RMT sellers to make these changes or they are in some way connected to them either personally or financially.
    there is no other evidence to convince me otherwise 
    we all know that this WILL benefit them as they have stockpiles of items, including Vet Rewards

like is have previously said

WHO ASKED FOR THIS?

and the fact that EVERYONE here is posting that they want heavy items like 60k logs etc deeded and added to barrels and NOTHING has changed make me wonder what’s the point of it even going to test, going here for player feedback? They are not even acknowledging or commenting here. It may as well be on stratics

Absolutely shocked and like other say, I see nothing here that attacks the cheat scripters, RMT sellers. But 100% affects players.

as for bank checks. Not one mention here 

and NOTHING mentioned about house placement. How that’s going to be fair to all
    edited March 2020
    Not one mention about looting right on hitting barrels. How they are going to stop our multiple pc, 10+ client idoc friend auto following in. With a fresh script that will hit several barrels in range to get looting rights.  So that’s 30 barrels straight away in his pocket.  Yes I know he will get overloaded. But with his script unloaded he will get items added.  Plus he will dump on the ground what he does not want and quickly move onto more barrels. And then only take away what is worth $$$$$

Not one mention about whether players will have to recall out and deposit new looted items into bank or storage at home, and NOT to EJ accts or pack animals round the corner.  AGAIN something we are asking for here.............
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Rorschach said:
    If you can manage to remain respectful and follow the Terms of Service, criticism and protests will remain.

How do we contact Mesanna's boss to see where the CEO of BS stands on all this after all he runs both games.
    IIRC the boss of BS is a DaoC man...so I doubt he even cares.
    @JackFlashUk

careful there, I was threatened, albeit roundabout, with libel...

wasting of time, the code is already in place! move everything into owners bank (crate) pay to retrieve and it is a win win to customers / and EA.

People that "loose" everything bc their house went Idoc for wtver reason, will glad come back, if they knew that He could pay a Fee and retrieve all his vet rewards,, soulstones, shard shields and so on. it is a WIN WIN.  You are already deleting 90% of the idoc for good,  so why not dlete 100% and put on Owners Bank or Crate so when they return , they can pay for it??
    This was supposed to be a Discussion between the team and Us players, so far has been 1 way only and they are clear not listening to us!! ..

@Uriah_Heep ; your post is 10000% on it.

Uriah_Heep said:
    People who obviously don't play the game, consistently, shouldn't be making these decisions.

Why exactly, are we supposed to be interested in IDOCs after this?  The novelty of looting a random junk piece of armor someone was holding onto to unravel later?
    Or perhaps is those plants we've been growing forever?
    or the rare sundials that were given out a thousand at a time? /sarcasm
    sheeesh, whoever decided this, well, I'm speechless.
    But that won't last long.
    Someone tell Mariah to get ready for a long night LOL
    Having everyone do the same damage just doesn't make sense. I feel that, If you spend time and effort putting together a templete, you should be rewarded for it. Where else in the game does skill not matter? 

What's next, everybody does the same damage in PvP? At EM events? On the roof? Why bother to skill our toons up? The game should be just like TC I guess. @Bleak @Kyronix