Pub 108 - House Decay Rules Feedback

18910111214»

Comments

• can at least this time someone from the above hear us out? People are requesting for all the Idocs to be STOP for now.
    This will give you guys enough time to improve and test further and will also give time for those that may suffer from this Global Event.
    I mean you shut down the Idocs few times before because Local Disaster and we were all glad.
    this time is a "Global" matter and will not hurt to pause Idocs for few months, will give YOU more time to test and improve and will give folks in need more time to recover.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    You people crying about not being able to get other peoples stuff should be ashamed of yourselves, but I"m guessing you probably aren't.

At least we know the UO store crab does not eat leather...
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited March 2020
    well done! (not really):
    you still have to disarm to punch barrels. way to exclude any warrior templates from Felucca idocs!
    It's not like this hasn't been brought up several times...
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216

Apologies, maybe I oversaw the reply, but I still wish to formally know if SoulStones & ShardShields will or will not be recoverable from an IDOC with the new rules.

TIA!

I.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2020
    @Ivenor

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/publish-notes/publish-108/

The following items will be deleted during house collapse,
    • Account Bound Items
    • House Only Items
    • Commodity Deeds
    • Stackable Items
    • Goza Mats
    • Added the following items to be deleted when a house collapses:
    • Bank checks
    • Heavy items – this applies to items that weigh 255+ stones that are immovable by players
    • Linked attendants
    • Vet Rewards
    • Water Barrels, tubs, and water containers that weigh 255+ stones
    Bilbo said:
    @ Ivenor

• Account Bound Items
    • House Only Items
    • Commodity Deeds
    • Stackable Items
    • Goza Mats
    • Bank checks
    • Heavy items – this applies to items that weigh 255+ stones that are immovable by players
    • Linked attendants
    • Vet Rewards

Thanks Bilbo, I have read the PN.   

What I'm FORMALLY asking for is an OFFICIAL STATEMENT from the Devs or Mesanna about these two specific Items.

Maybe I don't seem so, but I'm a REALLY conciliatory person.

But, as I wrote before, making SStones & SShields NOT recoverable in an IDOC is, IMO, a TOTAL lack of RESPECT towards the Players, as, for full SStones, it is a WASTE of HOURS of HUMAN LIFE, and, for the SShields, a waste of IRREPLACEABLE Items.

And, for what it is worth (and, believe me or not, with NO personal gain in this) I find this simply UNACCEPTABLE.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    I'm sorry, I have no information on this. I am NOT a dev, only a moderator and wiki author.
    Mariah said:
    I'm sorry, I have no information on this. I am NOT a dev, only a moderator and wiki author.

Hi Mariah!

Yes, I know this. I included you in the tags only to facilatate you if you want/need to cancel my post... :) ;)
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Pawain said:
    You people crying about not being able to get other peoples stuff should be ashamed of yourselves, but I"m guessing you probably aren't.

At least we know the UO store crab does not eat leather...
    In my defense, I only cried for a few minutes, until I realized I"m not special and won't be getting a refund.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    @ Ivenor

• Account Bound Items
    • House Only Items
    • Commodity Deeds
    • Stackable Items
    • Goza Mats
    • Bank checks
    • Linked attendants
    • Vet Rewards

What I'm FORMALLY asking for is an OFFICIAL STATEMENT from the Devs or Mesanna about these two specific Items.

But, as I wrote before, making SStones & SShields NOT recoverable in an IDOC is, IMO, a TOTAL lack of RESPECT towards the Players, as, for full SStones, it is a WASTE of HOURS of HUMAN LIFE, and, for the SShields, a waste of IRREPLACEABLE Items.

And, for what it is worth (and, believe me or not, with NO personal gain in this) I find this simply UNACCEPTABLE.

From M&G Napa Mar 16th
    : [Crystal] Norry Adimos says: i am sure you have seen all the negative feedback about publish 108 regarding idocs
    Norry Adimos: can we rethink the resouces and vet rewards?
    : [Crystal] Norry Adimos says: can we rethink the resouces and vet rewards?
    Mesanna: no
    : [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: no
    Norry Adimos: soulstones are a huge deal to people coming back
    : [Crystal] Norry Adimos says: soulstones are a huge deal to people coming back
    Mesanna: we are not chaing that
    : [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: we are not chaing that
    Norry Adimos: ok thanks
    edited March 2020
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    @ Ivenor

• Account Bound Items
    • House Only Items
    • Commodity Deeds
    • Stackable Items
    • Goza Mats
    • Bank checks
    • Linked attendants
    • Vet Rewards

From M&G Napa Mar 16th
    : [Crystal] Norry Adimos says: i am sure you have seen all the negative feedback about publish 108 regarding idocs
    Norry Adimos: can we rethink the resouces and vet rewards?
    : [Crystal] Norry Adimos says: can we rethink the resouces and vet rewards?
    Mesanna: no
    : [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: no
    Norry Adimos: soulstones are a huge deal to people coming back
    : [Crystal] Norry Adimos says: soulstones are a huge deal to people coming back
    Mesanna: we are not chaing that
    : [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: we are not chaing that
    Norry Adimos: ok thanks

Thanks Bilbo, I didn't see the M&G Log.

OK @Kyronix  @Mesanna @Bleak , this do it for me. At this point I cannot care less who you are or who you think to be: for the 0.00001 GPs that it is worth, if the things are this way and you don't even deign yourself to give us a FULL EXPLANATION of why, in my opinion your decision is plain & simply IMMORAL.

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    @Ivenor

I got the chance to talk to Kyronix in TC while we were waiting on a house fall, and he examined their thinking...

(paraphrased)
    If a player doesn't pay on his/her account enough to keep their house full of stuff from falling with their personally gained vet rewards, they must not want them. With 90-days to preserve the house - and those particular vet rewards are IN the house - that player must not want them anymore.
    Further, since no other player can use those items, why should they be kept?

I did tell him that players do return, or other players keep those items in memorium (particularly for those who have passed the veil), but he was already discussing other things with other players at that time.

There was a comment further about this - about putting these specific items into the player's bank or something, and a reply was.
    "Then the items should be in the bank."

Translation: if the player wanted to keep them - the player should keep these items in their bank.

And that was that.
  • I have yet to see a trade minister announce an idoc location on Siege Perilous. Can anyone confirm that this is working on any other shard?
    Kirthag said:
    @ Ivenor

I got the chance to talk to Kyronix in TC while we were waiting on a house fall, and he examined their thinking...

(paraphrased)
    If a player doesn't pay on his/her account enough to keep their house full of stuff from falling with their personally gained vet rewards, they must not want them. With 90-days to preserve the house - and those particular vet rewards are IN the house - that player must not want them anymore.
    Further, since no other player can use those items, why should they be kept?

I did tell him that players do return, or other players keep those items in memorium (particularly for those who have passed the veil), but he was already discussing other things with other players at that time.

There was a comment further about this - about putting these specific items into the player's bank or something, and a reply was.
    "Then the items should be in the bank."

Translation: if the player wanted to keep them - the player should keep these items in their bank.

And that was that.

If this was truly the reply, I'm disgusted by the callousness it implies.

SStones are the MEMORY of those that REALLY BUILD the game: THE PLAYERS.

SStones Gardens are the Thin Red Line that link PERSONS that are no more, for WHATEVER reasons, to today UO.

And what they do?

First they give a HUGE reward in CUB Points to whom TRASH them, and now they ERASE them for no reason AT ALL (considering that THERE IS NO real money MARKET for SStones) at IDOCs.

Maybe sometimes they should put down their coding manuals and READ something a little different, e.g.: Ugo Foscolo's "Dei Sepolcri"...

I'm truly at a loss for any other civil word...
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    edited April 2020
    the barrel system is definetly not RNG I have tested this thoroughly now and out of 40+ idocs since the change went in I have literally not gotten one single thing worth keeping out of all of the idocs, there is only 1 - 15 barrels at MOST at an idoc now and only a few barrels have the good stuff, after talking to several players about what they are getting at the idocs and what me and my wife have been getting, especially the one on atlantic tonight, the barrel rng distribution of items needs to be seriously looked at unfortunately I am sure it wont be.

so basically its looking like at a 10 barrel idoc 1 - 2 barrels have anything worthwhile the rest of the barrels have trash.

oh and for the record setting house placement to be based on when the last barrel falls is absolutely ridiculous seeing as how the barrels get broken in less than 30 seconds, we would be back to basically insta placing at an idoc something that was fixed years ago, so no that is a terrible idea
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318
    You can only get from an IDOC what the player left in the house. If he suspected he might return he will have put all the things he valued in the bank.
    I have 'tidied up' a few houses for people who left, I always put important things in the bank in the hope they may one day return. 
    If ever any of my houses went IDOC, if something happened to me, anyone attending would be very disappointed. I own no server birth rares, no EM rares, in fact no rares at all. To someone who habitually deals in items worth many millions, or even platinum, everything in my house would be classed as 'trash'. Instead of assuming someone else got the 'good stuff', perhaps you should consider that there wasn't any 'good stuff' to get?
    The barrels are stocked randomly, no one knows what is in which barrel, not even the scripters, 
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    edited April 2020
    It's actually depressing to see what the IDOC system has changed into.

You delete all the reasonably priced and heavily used veteran rewards and any craftable materials that promote gameplay but deeded goza mats were found important enough to be included in the barrel loot table.  Trapped boxes were OK to fit into that loot table.

Did you think people were getting rich off Ethereal Mounts and stacks of Ginseng?  There was no point in deleting these types of items.  This actually gave everyone including new players a chance to get something decent enough to trade and get a plot of land or some usable equipment.

UO history is being deleted with each house decay.  Part of me feels that there's more on that delete list than what we're told.

IDOCs, to me, are now just a place people gather for a plot of land.  You removed part of the game that I and many others enjoyed and turned it into something that feels like a waste of time.  At least people still show up to PVP.  I assure you, they're not there for the loot - just the castle plot.  I bet you anything that PVPers would rather PVP and let the barrels decay than stand there throwing their fists hoping that something other than a deeded goza mat ends up in their backpack.

Why can't we focus on new content instead of trying to change existing, non-broken, fully-functioning content that doesn't actually affect other people?  Joe Schmoe running X script looting IDOC Y doesn't affect my gameplay whatsoever.  I can name about 5 other topics that are literally broken and/or promote illegal gameplay AND actually affect other people's in-game experience.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited April 2020
    I agree that the idoc changes are terrible for the most part. What I don't agree with is that scripters don't impact other people's gameplay. They do and the scripting is actually the root of the problem. Unless something is done about unapproved third party programs and scripting all these idoc changes are mere cosmetics.
    Having trade ministers announce idocs and having the drop time display on the house sign were good changes. The rest, especially deleting items are simply bad ideas.