The placeable walls and auction safes are making the game unplayable in some areas...

Comments

• Larisa said:
    I only play the CC and I lag...ONLY when I am near a house with tons of stuff showing...or at EM events :/ lol....no I correct that...at EM DROP events...worse at EM events but if I run around luna on ATL for longer then 5 minutes I start to lag and it gradually gets worse.

It does harm my play style because if I want to shop in Luna...especially on Atlantic, I can't due to the number of very..in my opinion...unsightly homes that make me so laggy I don't bother shopping....so people are losing out on my gold because of it. No I don't like using vendor search that often, it's my play style.

Here we go. So what now? Players don't load till you pass through them? lol Lot of EM events taking place in areas with tons of housing? You deserve a modern era computer, treat yourself. On my laptop I lag everywhere. It's a piece of junk. But I know where the problem is. I don't ask for the game to be redone to run on a tablet lol. Also check what other programs you have running. I noticed unless I close facebook gameroom completely out I have issues. So one needs to be aware of that kinda stuff.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mervyn said:
    Pawain, weren’t you also against fixing the roof bug because you were exploiting it? 

Go figure..

some uo players seem to have absolutely 0 concept of anything outside their own personal gain.

You mean I was playing shadowguard as it was designed?  I dont have any Bamboo tiles.  But in your mind I must. If keeping the main source of paying accounts in the game. (decorators) then yes that is my personal gain since I play UO many hours a day and want to continue..
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Mervyn said:
    Pawain, weren’t you also against fixing the roof bug because you were exploiting it? 

Go figure..

some uo players seem to have absolutely 0 concept of anything outside their own personal gain.

You mean I was playing shadowguard as it was designed?  I dont have any Bamboo tiles.  But in your mind I must. If keeping the main source of paying accounts in the game. (decorators) then yes that is my personal gain since I play UO many hours a day and want to continue..
    ^^^ This. Another super valid point. Certainly effects me as I've doled out a lot for deco items from the UO store (though I usually buy with gold from players). But I'm getting really riled up about this. SO I'm gonna take a break. I'll be back in the morning. In the meanwhile I seem to have developed Tourette's so I need a glass of wine, a movie and take a break atm lol
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    If bamboo tiles are changed, then all current craftable granite colors need to be added to the house design tool. All you will end up seeing is dirt plots because so many houses have their entire structure built from craftable granite right now.

It would probably kill the granite market, but its a needed change. I would love to see the colored granite added to the house design tool for the castle/keep design contest as well. It would allow for much broader designs since you could build shells that could have the interior customized with appropriately colored granite.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited February 2019
    You should really get off the crappy or old computer issue as a reason for the lag.  That isn't the reason for the lag.  It's the loading of thousands of items that causes the lag.  In your video it appeared all those houses were already cached.  Maybe not, but when I run around the same Luna on Atlantic, each house loads and takes moments to do so.

My computer is six-core, 3.8 Gz, 125 watt TDP AMD and a HD6970 2GB graphics card.  Internet is Comcast 105-115 MB/s.  Nothing slow about my system or my internet service.

I currently play the CC because for some reason the EC doesn't like my HD6970.  I lag around Luna, and houses full of these bamboo floor tiles and around castles & houses full of mannequins I lag extremely bad.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited February 2019
    i can see both sides.  i have an auction safe house and use bamboo.  however i could live without it.  currently the people without bamboo are at a disadvantage (or who own castles / keeps / classic houses)  everyone being on the same playing field wouldnt be a terrible thing.

Too many people have built monstrosities with gozas / stonecrafting, blocking roads, other houses, etc.  It does create lag issues.  theres several houses i can think of off the top of my head that slow my game and freeze up for a couple secs.  and i have modern comp, year old i5 3.8ghz, ssd, nvidea 1070.  fios internet.  (cc doesnt even use graphics card but just showing that my comp isnt exactly a potato)

if you have a good auction safe house people will still come

if you want to see your walls, build with normal ones in the custumization menue.  keep in mind stonework was made as an answer to allow castles to be customized a bit (before we had new castle options.  i dont think the devs ever intended them for standard customizable houses)

While i do use some bamboo in my main rares house to display a few key items to the outside, it would be nice if people actually went in houses again. if someone quits because their neon house cant be displayed from the outside, they probably shouldnt be playing the game anyway. 

people will get used to going into houses again which would be nice.  the change isnt the end of the world.  players will adapt like always and the game will go on. 

• Anyone using bamboo floors are indeed exploiting the game mechanics.  If it was normal then all floor tiles would be used.  Its obviously being taken advantage of people knowingly.   I don't even like the auction safe idea anyway, cause it just allows people to store stuff and never have it live to sell.  Why not just raise cap price on vendors and due away with those stupid safes.
  • You should really get off the crappy or old computer issue as a reason for the lag.  That isn't the reason for the lag.  It's the loading of thousands of items that causes the lag.  In your video it appeared all those houses were already cached.  Maybe not, but when I run around the same Luna on Atlantic, each house loads and takes moments to do so.

My computer is six-core, 3.8 Gz, 125 watt TDP AMD and a HD6970 2GB graphics card.  Internet is Comcast 105-115 MB/s.  Nothing slow about my system or my internet service.

I currently play the CC because for some reason the EC doesn't like my HD6970.  I lag around Luna, and houses full of these bamboo floor tiles and around castles & houses full of mannequins I lag extremely bad.
    I guess i just have a magic computer. That explains it. I'll certainly hold onto it lol
  • Anyone using bamboo floors are indeed exploiting the game mechanics.  If it was normal then all floor tiles would be used.  Its obviously being taken advantage of people knowingly.   I don't even like the auction safe idea anyway, cause it just allows people to store stuff and never have it live to sell.  Why not just raise cap price on vendors and due away with those stupid safes.
    Already explained it's clearly not an exploit. You need to see the other posts.
  • Lots of items and situations will still load. It's gonna look so cool to see crap just floating in the air all over the place. That's really going to look pro lol
    edited February 2019

• Wow, awesome news. I'm pretty much avoiding certain areas nowadays since the lag has become so insane.

All that stuff should not load until you step into the house.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2019
    Mervyn said:

Go figure..

Exactly the way I feel also. 3 or 4 people have inferior computers and the entire game suffers for it. And do you think it will really make any difference? I highly doubt it. So what next? Just show squares everywhere? Let's just show every house as just a foundation. That would help.
    3 or 4 people might be interested in those pixels and the entire game suffers for it.

You can still display your rares, and everyone interested can still come and look at them. You make it sound like they delete your house lol.
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited February 2019
    Castle and keep plots, no need to address that in any effective manner. We have no interest in being fair about that. Let's create some horrid ineffective system that no one wants. Major differences between the client functions, certainly no need to address that. Vendors on every shard except Atlantic are taking such a beating that it's basically a non-profit hobby. Let's not worry about that. Lets actually make it a far worse situation cause some folks don't like the auction safes people paid a ton of RL cash out for anyway. We got their money now, let's pull the rug out from under them. Huge problem with the shard shield situation, who cares? Oh 3 people are running XPs out there and have lag issues? Well lets just trash the game and cater to that handful. Completely ridiculous. It's a pattern of taking logic and just tossing it out the window.Videos don't lie. I got the video. What you wanna do come over to my house and watch me? lol  The same people with complaints about this admit they can't handle crowds and EM events and all the rest. This is putting a cast on the arm that isn't broke situation. If something is going to be done. Thank about it. Test it. Honestly do it right. Don't just make another situation where you create 10 other problems I can easily see coming. What is going to be the compensation to those that have spent 1000s of hours building and decorating? Businesses ruined? 1000s of hours and dollars spent acquiring decoration and slaving over building houses? The fact the game is going to look horrible. 100s of hours acquiring granite and building up houses? What are we going to do to make that right? Most people aren't even going to see this coming and when they see 1000s of hours and dollars wasted I'm just going to sit back and eat popcorn that day. Custom castle and keep plots would go a long way to make this better. If they don't load till you step on them, that might be a fair compromise. But it seems UO loves to just burn people and burn the bridges behind them. At the very least there should be a way to return a lot of junk we got stuck with and get our money back. I got safes, ponds, all kinds of stuff I'd like to return thank you. A regular house might not be the biggest deal but vendoring in UO is gonna get hit heavily. The rares market and EM events that generate them are headed straight into the toilet. If your gonna do something just do it right and put some real thought into it this time.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I will take that challenge! I created a guy on Atlantic and ran around Luna. I consider this the "worse area" in the game for what is being described. It's the only area I ever notice a slight problem. So where better to go than the worse area for a test. So I don't know how to make videos. Never did it before. I usually play full screen, which I was doing, but I'm not sure how to capture that. That's the way it captured till I figure it out better. Anyway very minor if any problems. I stopped to turn btw, that's not lag. People... buy a computer. We shouldn't screw up the game over some out dated systems out there. My computer is mid level at best and cost like 800 dollars a few years ago. Get a solid processor and video card. I'm just trying to show people it's not the game. Maybe it will help them address their computer issues.  

You want a challenge?  Go to Pacific Trammel and wonder around the castles in the swamp North of Trinsic. Atlantic Luna is nothing compared to there.

• Lucky  your arguments are a joke.

I have the same problems in luna and I can assure you my gaming rig containing and overclocked ryzen 8 core processor and a gtx 1080 can handle every up to date game with full settings and 60fps 

However my uo client lags like shit nearby such houses. 

Also don't start me with my internet connection. Fiber. Several 100 MBit. Low latency and no loss. 

I maybe better with CC but obviously CC is old crap from the beginning without any modern feature which should be finally trashed anyway. 
    @Captain_Lucky ; vendors display without bamboo tiles. 

auction safes i dont think should display, because the vast majority arent active all the time.
  • Smoot said:
    i can see both sides.  i have an auction safe house and use bamboo.  however i could live without it.  currently the people without bamboo are at a disadvantage (or who own castles / keeps / classic houses)  everyone being on the same playing field wouldnt be a terrible thing.

Too many people have built monstrosities with gozas / stonecrafting, blocking roads, other houses, etc.  It does create lag issues.  theres several houses i can think of off the top of my head that slow my game and freeze up for a couple secs.  and i have modern comp, year old i5 3.8ghz, ssd, nvidea 1070.  fios internet.  (cc doesnt even use graphics card but just showing that my comp isnt exactly a potato)

if you have a good auction safe house people will still come

if you want to see your walls, build with normal ones in the custumization menue.  keep in mind stonework was made as an answer to allow castles to be customized a bit (before we had new castle options.  i dont think the devs ever intended them for standard customizable houses)

While i do use some bamboo in my main rares house to display a few key items to the outside, it would be nice if people actually went in houses again. if someone quits because their neon house cant be displayed from the outside, they probably shouldnt be playing the game anyway. 

people will get used to going into houses again which would be nice.  the change isnt the end of the world.  players will adapt like always and the game will go on. 

Couldn find a like button in this crap forum. 
    So:
    these houses outside luna south gate atlantic are great way to observe the problem.  love panoramixes collections, hate the lag.

• Smoot said:
    these houses outside luna south gate atlantic are great way to observe the problem.  love panoramixes collections, hate the lag.

This is one of the areas I try to avoid these days. Drops my framerate to 2 FPS!
  • TimSt said:
    I will take that challenge! I created a guy on Atlantic and ran around Luna. I consider this the "worse area" in the game for what is being described. It's the only area I ever notice a slight problem. So where better to go than the worse area for a test. So I don't know how to make videos. Never did it before. I usually play full screen, which I was doing, but I'm not sure how to capture that. That's the way it captured till I figure it out better. Anyway very minor if any problems. I stopped to turn btw, that's not lag. People... buy a computer. We shouldn't screw up the game over some out dated systems out there. My computer is mid level at best and cost like 800 dollars a few years ago. Get a solid processor and video card. I'm just trying to show people it's not the game. Maybe it will help them address their computer issues.  

You want a challenge?  Go to Pacific Trammel and wonder around the castles in the swamp North of Trinsic. Atlantic Luna is nothing compared to there.

I would if there were any reason to go there lol

• Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited February 2019
    JollyJade said:
    Smoot said:

This is one of the areas I try to avoid these days. Drops my framerate to 2 FPS!
    So lets trash the entire game cause you experience some lag for a few seconds in a totally safe area? Not really feeling it.
    Lucky  your arguments are a joke.

I have the same problems in luna and I can assure you my gaming rig containing and overclocked ryzen 8 core processor and a gtx 1080 can handle every up to date game with full settings and 60fps 

However my uo client lags like shit nearby such houses. 

Also don't start me with my internet connection. Fiber. Several 100 MBit. Low latency and no loss. 

I maybe better with CC but obviously CC is old crap from the beginning without any modern feature which should be finally trashed anyway. 
    Well the EC is horrible looking crap so that's probably why most people play CC. But anyway I can say I have a computer built by NASA but it's not true. I actually have a really modest computer that I'm smart with. I check it out. I keep all my drivers updated etc. I check my system for packet loss, etc. It runs UO just fine. I posted the video. I posted a video. I posted a video. And I posted a video btw. If I had issues I thought were game related I'd certainly complain about it. Alas that's not the case. So it's not my problem. It's not UOs problem. I honestly don't think I have a computer blessed by the ghods. I might note I posted a video. What's gonna be a problem is all the unintended consequences of poorly thought out and untested knee jerk reaction. I can see a ton of them. Now we have no idea what they actually are planning to do. If anything. We may be way off base in thinking they are going to do something irrational and fool hearty. Maybe Bleak is just trolling for comments and ideas. Hopefully that's the case. He may be intentionally being vague. I still cling to the belief BS isn't intentionally trying to get the game shut down lol. But I can clean up 90% of the craftable stone problems, customizable castle and keep plots that don't need to load till you step on the porch. Bam! Yes I worked that in lol
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited February 2019
    JollyJade said:
    Smoot said:

So lets trash the entire game cause you experience some lag for a few seconds in a totally safe area? Not really feeling it.
    "trash the entire game"  :s

No need a break man...
  • JollyJade said:
    JollyJade said:
    Smoot said:

"trash the entire game"  :s

No need a break man...
    Exactly my point. People aren't looking at the big picture. They're looking at a little bit here or there and not putting it all together to see the massive negative effect a couple of little bad moves can do. BTW, on a unrelated note... There also seems to be this theory forming that I would fabricate a lie over not having lag so I can show off my beautiful roof or something. lol Grab that rotary phone in the kitchen and give me a call and maybe we can hook up and I'll show my game running for you and talk technology. Anyway, that's ridiculous. I would be very upset if I had a lag problem. I don't see it as a situation where I have to pick one over the other. I like having a nice roof and I like not having lag. I have both of those. So I hope people can understand why I'm having a hard time grasping the problem. If it's not my computer and it's not UO then that only leaves a couple options on the users end. Maybe a packet loss issue they don't even realize, etc. You can pay for the best internet out there but it doesn't mean your not having issues if you realize it or not. It's really easy to check for packet loss with Windows 10 and folks should Google that. And I know for a fact there's some folks in UO running very old systems. For internet security sake alone I'd be afraid to run them. Same people thinking houses are a problem still say they have issues at EM events, etc. If they can clean some things up, maybe help by giving us custom castle plots and win win things like that, super! But let's not make the mistake of thinking this out and seeing a ton of things that will go horribly wrong if things aren't thought out properly.  I will find it hilarious if Bleak wakes up and says "Hey we have some great ideas but we weren't thinking of doing that!'. lol That would be super funny. But having watched some of the thought process run out with UO I gotta admit I'm really concerned ATM. Doing one thing that might slightly help and breaking 10 other things isn't the way to go. We gonna have to cross our fingers and hope they are running a clear mind with whatever they're thinking about.
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    go to fel yew on atlantic and run by jupiters house you will learn what lag is great pc or not 
    edited February 2019
    Captain lucky its understandable your upset, but in the end its up to the devs to decide where they want to take the game.  alot of the reason this was overlooked in years gone by was because it didnt cause many issues because not many people used the bamboo tiles.  then we got grass tiles, so more people did it.  then we got auction safes and even more did.  then stone tiles and everything that came with that.
    So for me, personal opinions aside, the devs need to decide if viewing the stonework is consitant with the games overall feel, and how much the performance and equality issues compare to the value of deco.
    anyone can still build from stonework if they choose, it wouldnt be that huge of a change.  and in life everything changes.  there have been many changes in uo i havent liked, but its just part of the game.
    i have 3 accounts.  for this specific change id not like losing my auction safe house, but would be happy that players would be more likely to enter my other houses to view them in their full forms. 
    i guess what im saying is try to see the positives of the any change rather than only the negative.

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    Perhaps just allow a setting so if people wish they may see only the foundations of houses?
  • As Smoot said. The problem built up over time

Now we reached a point where it's obviously too much. People complained and the devs obviously see it also as a problem. 

They will address it in one or the other way.

Also its wrong that most people use CC. 

I side again with Smoot. Vendors show. 
    Auctions safes should not have this "display option" but with on or off then no item. 

Sometimes Iam amazed... 

The lag will even get bigger soon when they implement the "new" vendors as the number of vendors most likely will go through the roof which makes the whole thing an ever worse idea. The more important points with vendors and safes get missed
    Like removing the 175m limit. Adding safes to VS... 

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Walls of text in this thread of absolute garbage, no wonder the devs are too afraid to do anything when even fixing a small housing display exploit results in this feedback.

This thread is a prime example of why devs should not listen to a word the players say - about anything. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Mervyn said:
    Walls of text in this thread of absolute garbage, no wonder the devs are too afraid to do anything when even fixing a small housing display exploit results in this feedback.

This thread is a prime example of why devs should not listen to a word the players say - about anything. 

You are absolutely right
    That's why they don't listen to you and closing your threads asap a new one shows up