PvP Updates Discussion Thread

1235»

Comments

• CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    Make Powerscrolls shard bound, like what people have been asking for ages
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    Covfefe said:
    Wont fix anything.  Masteries shard bound just xfer to shard and eat.  Pet power scrolls shard bound didn't fix anything, just take your pet to shard and apply.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Covfefe said:
    Wont fix anything.  Masteries shard bound just xfer to shard and eat.  Pet power scrolls shard bound didn't fix anything, just take your pet to shard and apply.
    People have to spend gold on smaller shards it fixes everything and there are no shard bound pet power scrolls 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    Grimbeard said:
    Covfefe said:
    People have to spend gold on smaller shards it fixes everything and there are no shard bound pet power scrolls 
    OMFG  Are you joking, yes there were shard bound pet power scrolls.  What game are you playing.  What a joke.
    Grimbeard said:
    Covfefe said:
    OMFG  Are you joking, yes there were shard bound pet power scrolls.  What game are you playing.  What a joke.
    "Sigh" the only shard bound ps ever are fron khaldun 
    edited September 2023
    I'm not really a fan of the general tone of calling people cheaters and criminalizing those who play 2d. Especially the use of the term 'illegal'.

Mesanna herself said she prefers 2d.

If the standard installation of EC didn't work, and you had to download someone else's UI, someone who volunteered their time and resources for the love of the game, just to play the game as its intended to play. I don't think you would appreciate the tone of these labels. (There's only a minority of players that abuse the advanced features.)

And yet this is the case for all the people playing on 2d. It's not the players fault that the devs haven't fixed any bugs for years, even though the players have paid $ their monthly subscription. As demonstrated in this thread https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12986/help-with-uoa-2d the standard install is unplayable for PvP, even after paying nonrefundable $ for UOAssist.

Also looking at the list of reported bugs, it seems the players have done everything they can to show extremely detailed reproducible bug reports, which seem to have been ignored. What option do players have?
    Covfefe said:
    I'm not really a fan of the general tone of calling people cheaters and criminalizing those who play 2d. Especially the use of the term 'illegal'.

Mesanna herself said she prefers 2d.

If the standard installation of EC didn't work, and you had to download someone else's UI, someone who volunteered their time and resources for the love of the game, just to play the game as its intended to play. I don't think you would appreciate the tone of these labels. (There's only a minority of players that abuse the advanced features.)

And yet this is the case for all the people playing on 2d. It's not the players fault that the devs haven't fixed any bugs for years, even though the players have paid $ their monthly subscription. As demonstrated in this thread https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12986/help-with-uoa-2d the standard install is unplayable for PvP, even after paying nonrefundable $ for UOAssist.

Also looking at the list of reported bugs, it seems the players have done everything they can to show extremely detailed reproducible bug reports, which seem to have been ignored. What option do players have?
    Well Mesanna could say 3rd party clients were ok like selling accounts..
    Should be forced to show guild tag in fel
    Lynk said:

6.) Dismount immunity cool down of 60 seconds in conjunction with treating pet statues like pet balls, where there is an interruptible freezing period to get the pet to pop up.  

If they are going to add a casting period to popping new mount, i don't think it should be as long as summon ethereal, maybe same as flying time only.
    They should also beef up the resists of vvv war horses so they're not killed in 1 hit.
  • ElvisElvis Posts: 53
    Pls add horse slayer property
    and
    gets off mount to instant heavy Xbow dismount [add big remount delay here even if didn’t hit].  No penalty, instant running dismount.  Miss a bola, there is a delay - should be same with xbow
    Some people are complaining about ward removal talismans,

I'm not really sure what to suggest.
    But currently people are stacking a lot of them on mannequins/vendor paperdolls to recharge them and using them one after another.

Not sure if that is the intended way they're supposed to be used.
  • Covfefe said:
    Some people are complaining about ward removal talismans,

I'm not really sure what to suggest.
    But currently people are stacking a lot of them on mannequins/vendor paperdolls to recharge them and using them one after another.

Not sure if that is the intended way they're supposed to be used.
       I feel like the issue is that only mysticism has the ability to purge magic,   I proposed a change to Dispel & Hit Dispel (basically the same thing anyway) to have a 'purge magic effect' on non-summoned targets)

It would be nice if the talismans didn't take 20-30 minutes to recharge... they'd also be much more useful if they could be used (and recharged) from within your pack, instead of requiring the talisman to be equipped to use a charge.

Ward Removal is much better than purge magic, so a cooldown on use & maybe even an immunity timer on the target would be necessary, if the recharge timer were ever brought down to a reasonable amount of time (based on the 'pace' of the game).

I believe all talisman recharge timers are also reset back to the full amount if they're re-equipped before the talisman is completely recharged as well, for example if you wait until your talisman is down to 30s/20mins, and you take it off, once you equip that talisman again, it'll start at 20mins again -surely a bug.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    @CM_Fennekoare are we allowed to use the double shuriken exploit?
    I see people doing it all the time,but the rules say you're not allowed to abuse any exploit but GMs don't do anything about it.
    It's legal to use this exploit?
    edited October 2023
    IDEA

how about, drop the base damage of spells vs players and raise the SDI cap so you effectively need say 100 spell damage increase on items to deal normal spell damage.

This would not only make PvP mages better for PvM. And visa versa.
    Will make templates be less hybrid. 

As hard to get both 100 damage increase AND 100 sdi. Also hard to get a lot of +skill. (And warriors would not deal so much damage with hit lightning effect without lots of sdi)

just an idea but I think there’s some value here.
  • I just want to say again that TOT events are adding way to much skill increase to the game.  Can we please get skill increases capped before before stuff gets broken and it's to late to fix?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    Covfefe said:
    IDEA

how about, drop the base damage of spells vs players and raise the SDI cap so you effectively need say 100 spell damage increase on items to deal normal spell damage.

This would not only make PvP mages better for PvM. And visa versa.
    Will make templates be less hybrid. 

As hard to get both 100 damage increase AND 100 sdi. Also hard to get a lot of +skill. (And warriors would not deal so much damage with hit lightning effect without lots of sdi)

just an idea but I think there’s some value here.
    Decent idea. :)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    I just want to say again that TOT events are adding way to much skill increase to the game.  Can we please get skill increases capped before before stuff gets broken and it's to late to fix?
    I think we are beyond this point already. :)

And also, TOT event items in themselves, are not making +skill situation worse I do not believe?
  • Cookie said:
    I just want to say again that TOT events are adding way to much skill increase to the game.  Can we please get skill increases capped before before stuff gets broken and it's to late to fix?
    I think we are beyond this point already. :)

And also, TOT event items in themselves, are not making +skill situation worse I do not believe?

There are boots that give 10 skill, gloves 15 skill. Each piece like the Tunic with FCR 1 allow for more flexibility in jewellery slots to maximize skill increase.  If certain pieces in the future get released with more useful skill combination (+10 alchemy apron)  the amount of skill increase without sacrificing core stats is insanely high.
  • BroliBroli Posts: 1
    Why doesn't wrestling disarm have the same timer as a weapon disarm. seems a lil unbalanced if you can just nonstop disarm anyone around you with no timer at all.
  • I'm sorry but how can you have a discussion about pvp and not allow discussion of 3rd party programs? JUst because you dont talk about fight club doesnt mean it isn't a problem and it doesnt exist
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Do not discuss unapproved 3rd party programs or clients.  This is something on our radar and we aren't going to discuss any action we are taking publicly.  If you want to comment on this topic email uo@broadsword.com
This discussion has been closed.