Help with UOA/2d

CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
edited September 2023 in PvP / VvV
I hadn't tried the official 2d client for a long long time because everyone told me it didn't work for PvP, but some people on this forum are saying that is not true. I would like to try to play without breaking any rules. But I am struggling at the very first stage - of being able to attack someone.

Before my client would automatically show enemy mobiles that I could target and filter:

And I found how to do this on EC:

How do I do this using 2d using UOAssist? I can't find the option. As currently its attacking everything that is gray/red including sheep, red healers etc,  and even sometimes my own crim guild mates when I try to select/attack nearest hostile.

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    I think UO Assist needs to be taken out of the equation as well, and all of it built into the original client.

I could not pvp in Classic Client anymore, I did it for years against EC, and it was a horrible experience, then I found out all the reasons why.
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited September 2023
    Also, on this official 2d client, everyone else appears to be able to run faster than me even though I have a very good connection and a gaming PC. When other people run I can't keep up and they quickly disappear off my screen, however if I try to run away from someone, they can not only keep up, they can also run past me and get in front of me. How do you move the same speed as all the other players?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    And it is as if they can see more of the screen, they can see further, and therefore have more information than I do, re the players you are hunting, or chasing. :)

edited September 2023
    this speed issue is a problem because, if I get an enemy low on hp, they just run off and heal and come back, and they can do this 100 times, but if they get me low on hp even 1 time, I can't seem to do the same. And I ended up dying to someone where if we were in an enclosed space, I would've won 100 times over.
    Anyone know how to make the running speed equal to everyone else?
    or you can only play inside small buildings on the official 2d client?
  • Covfefe said:

When cheats are taken out of the equation everyone would be at equal speeds, outside of their connection to the shard.  with very minor discrepancies between EC/CC, but maybe those would have an actual chance of being fixed at that point.

If and when third-party clients ever get disabled, my god there are going to be some terrible pvpers, It'll be fun (and funny AF) to see how long it takes them to adapt back to playing legitimately.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited September 2023
    Sorry for all the questions/problems

My buff/debuff bar isn't showing the time remaining anymore unless I mouse over them, and if I mouse over them I have to stop running or run in a direction I don't want to run (running in the direction of the buff bar)
    Before, when I had a buff/debuff active, it would tell me how long I had left on the buff bar, so I know if I should remove the curse/s or if I can wait it out.
    I can't find the option to show the times in the settings. It seems to be missing in this client.

Any help is welcome.

I have the EC installed and the times are showing and working just fine on the buffs/debuffs, Do I have something wrong with my official 2d install? I have run the patcher with full file check.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    CovenantX said:
    Covfefe said:

When cheats are taken out of the equation everyone would be at equal speeds, outside of their connection to the shard.  with very minor discrepancies between EC/CC, but maybe those would have an actual chance of being fixed at that point.

If and when third-party clients ever get disabled, my god there are going to be some terrible pvpers, It'll be fun (and funny AF) to see how long it takes them to adapt back to playing legitimately.

I don't think they are capable of getting rid of third party clients the only logical thing would be to make them Legal (some feel a decade of non enforcement already has)
    edited September 2023
    This is very frustrating, it seems that so many options are missing from my options interface.
    The very important ones that you need to play.

I have found in this section on EC no problem

but for the life of me I can't find this option in the official 2d client. What subsection should I look under? Maybe I'm 'man looking' as my wife would say. Obviously I can't PvP if I'm literally going to stop every 50 steps when everyone else is auto navigating around objects, ontop of me running slower than the other players.

ANY help on getting this 2d client to be playable will be appreciated.
  • Grimbeard said:
    CovenantX said:
    Covfefe said:

I don't think they are capable of getting rid of third party clients the only logical thing would be to make them Legal (some feel a decade of non enforcement already has)
       If they can be detected, they can be blocked, or at bare minimum the 'offending features' should be able to be disabled.

if you think multi-boxing & botting is bad now, if these programs become officially legal, you haven't seen anything yet.  -but sure, it is, i suppose another option.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Covfefe said:
    This is very frustrating, it seems that so many options are missing from my options interface.

but for the life of me I can't find this option in the official 2d client. What subsection should I look under? Maybe I'm 'man looking' as my wife would say. Obviously I can't PvP if I'm literally going to stop every 50 steps when everyone else is auto navigating around objects, ontop of me running slower than the other players.

Why not take the same advice parroted to Mervyn/Yoshi?

At the end of the day, don't use CC.  For your purposes, it sounds like it's trying to drive a Lamborghini in deep snow.  You wouldn't do that if there was a capable range rover parked next to it.
    edited September 2023
    ForeverFun said:

At the end of the day, don't use CC.

Some people on this forum give the impression that it's still possible to use the official 2d. I am inquiring how its done as I would very much like to play by the rules.

Perhaps you or anyone else can help me out with a new problem. I got my level 6 spellweaving circle, and the 2 spells I use the most in spellweaving are:
    Gift of Renewal
    Attunement

Now before I used to have a display to show me how long they are on cooldown for:

Now for Evasion and everything else with a cooldown, I don't need this because you just press the macro and the client tells you, and it doesn't stop me moving or doing anything etc, it's no problem...
    EG  evasion

However for these 2 spellweaving spells, something odd is happening, My character stops to cast the spell. Now bearing in mind we're talking a whole 3 seconds stop casting time here for gift of renewal.

So it is casting the spell and when I go to use it I get this message:
    Gift of renewal
    and I have LOST the spell.

Same is true for attunement, my character stops to cast but different message:
    Attunement

it's not even telling me for both, how much longer I have to wait on cooldown. Doesn't tell me even how many seconds before i can use this ability again?

I checked how the EC handles these, and EC seems to handle gift of renewal in the same way however it does have a cooldown timer for attunement:

So, my question is, on 2d client with UOAssist, how do you know when you're off of cooldown for these 2 spells?
    Because I can't just stop and cast for 3 seconds and have nothing happen, then stop and cast for 3 seconds and have nothing happen again until I am dead.

edited September 2023
    Macro assistance required.

I used to have auto trapped box when paralyzed/nerve striked. I am going to use a trapped box manually now like I am supposed to, no auto(cheats) for me!

The client has a really nice trapped box macro, never seems to fail at all. Really easy to make and I don't have to reset the macro with each new box or anything. Very nice.

So I am trying to use the trapped box manually as intended. If I get paralyzed I can press TrappedBox macro and all works great.

But I'm having a problem with nerve strike sorry. The debuff doesn't seem to be displaying so I can't actually use my trapped box even manually. And nerve strike is way more common than paralyze plus receiving additional damage from other players doesn't release me from it like paralyze, so it's actually more vital to use a trapped box for nerve strike than it is for paralyze.

Am I missing an art file in my install or something? I have run the full file checker on the patcher.
    box.png 38.7K
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    edited September 2023
    Covfefe said:

Publish 100 said: 
    Made improvements to classic client movement speed to be on par with the enhanced client when pathfinding is enabled. Holding the right mouse button will now auto navigate around objects.
    Do you have pathfinding enabled?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    edited September 2023
    Covfefe said:

Publish 100 said: 
    Made improvements to classic client movement speed to be on par with the enhanced client when pathfinding is enabled. Holding the right mouse button will now auto navigate around objects.
    I think unfortunately we all know what merv/yoshi real agenda is 
    edited September 2023
    Publish 100 said: 

Thanks,

wow I almost had something there, so I have now enabled this option:

About pathfinding, I tried a few things, the char still stops on single tile objects and doesn't auto-navigate around them like in EC or my previous 2d client.
    I did discover with this option checked that when you hold down right click, and single left click (like when you want to run without holding the button down), my char starts to wobble on the spot when it gets to a single tile obstacle however does not auto navigate around objects.

So it almost looked like it was going to do it.

could this be a bug then? because it does say that it will auto navigate around objects, should I create a bug report for this?
    Because on EC its not possible to stop on a single tile tree (or O****) so it's not 'on par'.
    update,

I've since had to uncheck this pathfinding option, because it's not auto-navigating around objects however is preventing my open door macro from working as my char can't seem to face a door with it checked.
  • I'll give it to you for Spellweaving spells, there's a long cooldown before you can re-apply them, with no indicator on when those cooldowns are up for the official CC.  -not gamebreaking by any means though.

Although it would be nice if we could see active timers & cooldown timers without hovering the courser over the icon... and field spells -Wall of Stone & Energy field should Stop your movement, instead of rubber-band you, but it's a small issue and both official clients deal with it.

Those are the only types of "features" that I would want to carry over from third-party clients to the official ones,  just informational features provided to the player for the player to act and make decisions with.    -- Not this auto-pop box, auto-pots, wall script, sync script, afk farming & looting, FPS patch, speedhacks and even the 'always light patch' garbage.   which are all game-breaking advantages, some obviously more than others. but it all adds up.

Nerve strike debuff icon is going to be in the next publish from what I read.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited September 2023
    Info needed again,

From the original post, I haven't managed to find out how to auto load enemy healthbars. So i am Manually dragging the healthbars, (I was told if press CTRL + Shift it makes it easier to drag them) this takes time and is still quite hard to do when everyone is moving.
    However when I came across an animal tamer enemy, of course I have to keep switching between targeting the tamer and the pet. I manually dragged the health bar of the tamer and the pet, this took a little bit of time but I managed to stay alive by the skin on my teeth while I did this.
    However as soon as the tamer remounted his pet (which they do a lot), the pets healthbar instead of going gray, just disappeared, and I found myself not able to fight or anything as I had to just spend the whole time regrabbing the pet health bar.

I checked EC and this doesn't happen in EC and it didn't use to happen to me on the other 2d client.

What button do I press to keep the pet healthbar when i drag it?

thanks
  • The 'new target system' pulls the bar of the current target, which updates to any other target you switch to.

as far as the tamers pet bar disappearing when the tamer remounts their pet, that is annoying, on the flip-side, it's also annoying to lose your own pet's bar when the pet dies on screen. -not specific to pvp, and it's sometimes inconsistent, as it doesn't always disappear if the pet dies on screen.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited September 2023
    I'm using the new target system, but still when i target the pet, and they mount it, even if i don't target a new thing, i still lose the enemy pet healthbar. And have to find a way to manually target it again each remount/dismount.

edited September 2023
    hello I am having a very strange issue where I am completely losing entire spells that I have cast.

On UOA i have this option checked
    and correctly I don't lose the spell when target goes out of range, i get to try again:

And if I cast the spell energy vortex or blade spirits and the target is blocked by line of sight.
    I correctly get this message, and can try again.

But for every other spell (even chiv, mystic etc) if the target goes out of sight I get this message and LOSE the entire spell.

This did not used to happen to me before on my old 2d client. Where do i find the line of sight check for last target in UOA? I can't see this option.
    and why only these 2 spells does the in game 2d line of sight check work?
    edited September 2023
    It seems one of my options isn't working properly. I have this option to display all public houses contents unchecked, yet many houses are loading contents, EG I have never had access to this private house even and all this content is being loaded and slows me down to a walking speed when running past it.

This didn't used to happen to me before, here is the same house, and i used to be able to run past houses at normal speed.
    Picture removed by Mariah

Where is the option to not load content for houses? I thought it wasn't supposed to load content for private houses that you never accessed by default.
    jup.png 881.2K
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    @Covfefe please do not post screen shots from unapproved clients.
    Thank you.
    I think this will conclude my posting on this thread, if you can offer no solutions. Publish 116 resolves the issue I was having with my trapped box. But no solutions have been offered for these other issues that affect this client.

I feel I've been completely mislead and misinformed by some posters suggestions that its possible to PvP in 2d without said unapproved client, so will be returning to it until all these issues are resolved.
  • It's always been possible to pvp with the default CC/+UOA, it's just difficult because pretty much everyone else is using cheats/clients with all these crutches to help keep them from being bad at game... It's not worth trying harder to pvp with the intended clients using only approved programs is all you're saying, I do partly agree, obviously most do as they've either caved and started cheating Or they quit playing UO altogether.   It just so happens the number of people who quit > than people who caved.

That & lack of diversity in pvp templates (parry causes) is why I only pvp every other week or so now.   I'd be pvping several hours every day if Parry wasn't everywhere, even more so if people had to play the game themselves.
    Covfefe said:

I feel I've been completely mislead and misinformed by some posters suggestions that its possible to PvP in 2d without said unapproved client, so will be returning to it until all these issues are resolved.
      Anyone with half a brain knew that before nerve-strike was even discussed.

-it'll be quite the sight to see, when these "pvpers" are indistinguishable from inexperienced players, IF cheating is ever dealt with in a meaningful way.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited September 2023
    how would banning third party clients resolve all these issues? when the majority of them do not affect EC either.
    Mesanna herself said she preferred 2d, and lots of people prefer 2d. So i can't see them banning it
  • No one's talking about banning 2d, just the third-party clients & other cheat programs used.

you're conflating the two as if they're the same, they're not.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited September 2023
    people are not going to play 2d/UOA with all of these above issues.
    It's not even possible to play like that.
    That is why people do not play like that, even if it breaks the rules.

so it would be forcing people to play EC.
    Don't get me wrong, i think they should ban 3rd party stuff too. But they should first make the 2d client that they provide playable. Google says UOSA was released in 2004, that's 19 years it took for them to put the nerve strike debuff in.
    I can't see all these other issues being fixed anytime soon.

• Covfefe said:
    people are not going to play 2d/UOA with all of these above issues.
    It's not even possible to play like that.
    That is why people do not play like that, even if it breaks the rules.

so it would be forcing people to play EC.
       They won't stop using third-party clients without any kind of rule enforcement, we know this, because that's why it's gotten so bad.

I'd rather fight people using default EC and/or approved UIs than any third-party clients.

ICQ# 478 633 659
This discussion has been closed.