Cannonball not required to fire cannon

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited April 2021 in Bugs
"Read this somewhere before, can't find the original source, still the case, ship still fires and deals damage as if cannonball was loaded when none present.

Expected result: to show failure of loading cannonball when no cannonball present"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited April 2021
    The fact that it still fires is not a bug, have you never see ceremonial cannon fire before?
    Does it do the same amount of damage as if a cannon ball was loaded?  A ceremonial shot from a cannon may not kill you but it sure will knock you on your ass when the wad hits you.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    :D  And you get a free cannonball when you unload the cannon.  

It defaults to cannonball. I've always kept cannonballs in my cannons.  But you wont know if you run out.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    OMG a dupe in effect!  FIX IT QUICK!
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    It doesnt dupe it tho it just doesnt consume it when it shoots
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2021
    "it does dupe cannonball, if you repeat loading the cannon (without a cannonball) and unloading the cannon"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    ah yea you are right
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    OMG Duped Cannonballs UO is doomed, LOL  JK
    edited April 2023
    “Please fix this dupe exploit, many blacksmith like to craft and sell cannonball and nobody buy because they not needed still.
    how can on deals 5000 damage, no balls?”
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Yoshi said:
    “Please fix this dupe exploit, many blacksmith like to craft and sell cannonball and nobody buy because they not needed still.
    how can on deals 5000 damage, no balls?”
    Hate to say it but he's right...
    I always take the cannonballs from ships holds, you never need to make any cannon supplies if you pirate.

Would be fine with me if they fix this since my cannons are loaded.
    “Since 2 years you’re allowed to dupe this item.

I am wondering what other items you’re allowed to dupe also.

what is the criteria to decide what is allowed to be duped and what is not?”
    Yoshi said:
    “Since 2 years you’re allowed to dupe this item.

I am wondering what other items you’re allowed to dupe also.

what is the criteria to decide what is allowed to be duped and what is not?”
    The cannon is "duping" it, the player does not have to do anything but fire the cannon, The player has no idea the cannon ran out of balls.

They do not continue to fire the other 2 types of cannon balls.  They revert to the basic ones.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Most honest players wouldn't even think of firing the cannon with no cannon balls in except by accident. I very much doubt if anyone is making a fortune by virtue of reproducing one cannon ball at a time through this 'duping'.
    The reason vendors do not sell many cannon balls is that people loot them from the ships they sink.
    While I don't believe the devs are 'allowing' this duping, as it has little impact on gameplay, and very little on the economy I believe fixing it will be quite a long way down their extensive 'to do' list.
    "i wasn't saying its big duping issue, just wondering on the criteria.

If i dupe one of my own bracelets for self consumption and not for resale to change economy its okay?"
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    In didn't say it was ok, I said it might be a low priority to fix, and that's only my take on it. No 'duping' is ok. I wouldn't do it, even if I could, because my conscience wouldn't let me.
    @Yoshi do you go out and try to find every little thing that you think is wrong with UO and then come here and endlessly whine about it.  Honestly I do not know who is worse you or the other person that will remain nameless.  I am damn glad you are not the spoke person for UO or we would lose tons of subs.  Why do you even play this game when the only two things you do is whine and brag about cheating.  If you hate UO so much why don't you just close your accounts and do us all a favor.  
    "hi Frodo, what seems to be your problem here?
    is there anything i can assist you with?"
    Mariah said:
    In didn't say it was ok, I said it might be a low priority to fix,
      This is UO, every bug seems to be low priority...
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:
    Mariah said:
    Except the ones that prevent gameplay. Shards that crash or the account website that was down on Saturday and fixed Sunday.

Little BS like the things that are posted here get fixed in the order they deem most important..
    Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:
    Mariah said:
    Except the ones that prevent gameplay. Shards that crash or the account website that was down on Saturday and fixed Sunday.

Little BS like the things that are posted here get fixed in the order they deem most important..
       those are external, I'm referring to in-game bugs, of course they're going to fix things that directly affect their $.

sort of like how there's always something new in the UO store before bugs from 2-25 years ago still aren't fixed.

My Mark of Wildfire (tribal mask) still jumps off my face when I'm walking straight down for crying out loud.

ICQ# 478 633 659
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    CovenantX said:
    Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:
    Mariah said:

those are external, I'm referring to in-game bugs, of course they're going to fix things that directly affect their $.

sort of like how there's always something new in the UO store before bugs from 2-25 years ago still aren't fixed.

My Mark of Wildfire (tribal mask) still jumps off my face when I'm walking straight down for crying out loud.

Only things paddy cakes care about are important to him
    Grimbeard said:
      a bug is a bug, it shouldn't matter who reports it, or what the priority of a fix for it is... but 25 year old bug... I'm not sure the priority could be any lower  than it is... I've been surprised before, each year that passes and bugs that have been reported numerous times with plenty of information to replicate it that even a completely new player with no experience can reproduce it. go unfixed it's quite the feat.

Now this particular bug doesn't matter to me (but it should be fixed), nor does the tribal mask bouncing off your face when walking directly down (which should be fixed as well)... it was used as an example of a 25 year-old bug that hasn't been fixed yet,  I'm sure there are more, that was just one more people are familiar with, since the mark of wildfire came out.

More importantly, cheating needs to be addressed a f-ton more than it is... cause it's like.. not addressed at all.  and even if you don't realize it, it's affecting the game for all players... some positively and negatively and others just negatively.  -which is a topic that the OP and I post relatively frequently about.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    Grimbeard said:
    CovenantX said:
    Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:
    Mariah said:

Exactly, none of these bugs affect my game play. And I game play a lot. Do I really play that different than others?  I would say that I play like 95% of the UO population.

Please have something intelligent to add to a post or refrain from posting nonsence.
    edited April 2023
    Pawain said:

"wow give the guy a raise whoever rebooted the server by switching it off and on again,
    assuming it didn't reset itself...

nowhere in this thread have i said this is important/urgent "
    edited April 2023
    "All i did was put in a chaser after 2 years no action.

To be fair, i do have an interest in this bug.

But again i have to be careful of what i say, it's not really a huge problem at all, but there is a script that is available to *cough EC users, that will automatically use the nearest ship rope. And on damaged ships players can bypass the heat of battle requirement to board a ship and hop around the ships escaping non script users (this is as intended). So in order to counteract the scipts in use that give unfair advantage to special people who have special scripts, you can repair the boats and players can't board so easilty.
    But the process of blowing up the boats is made slightly easier for parties who favour using scripts, by only requiring 66% of the intended resources to blow up the boats.

yet i am still using 100% of the intended resources to repair ships to block the scripts.
    But i don't complain every day for the last 2 years, i think Frodo's claim of me whining is unfounded, considering i have repaired boats many many times in the last 2 years."
    Yoshi said:
    nowhere in this thread have i said this is important/urgent "
    LMAO  But here you are going on and on about it, you are as bad as the other guy that will remain nameless about beating a horse to death with every one of his posts.
    Yoshi said:

To be fair, i do have an interest in this bug.
    OMG LMMFAO
    "one post every 2 years is not really beating a horse to death.."

@Mariah this bug has been reported and even how to exploit it so isn't it time to shut this thing down.
    edited April 2023
     As an average player who does High Seas things, decided to check my cannons. I made cannon balls when I began, but for years now I have only added from ships holds I scuttled.

Also I'm wondering in PvP why wouldn't you also use grapeshot if for nothing else to annoy other players.

The one with 69 is the Bow Cannon which I use for Beacons.
This discussion has been closed.