Dear Devs, can you please have Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords run for much longer?

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,286
    Invasion event went on much longer than the original memo said it would.  It allowed younger and more inexperienced players like myself to learn how to play our characters, how to play with others, and most importantly its running for longer than planned enabled us to actually get some Spellbook drops.  Don’t have any opinion on how long the Deciet event should run have not taken part in this event.  Just wanted to comment that all players needs are important.  The difference between just being outplayed at the beginning and actually having a reasonable chance to get Spellbook drops at the end of the invasion event played into my decision to renew my subscription.  For UO to survive it needs to do more than simply maintain its aging player base.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    Karyn said:
    popps said:
    I simply do not agree with your point of view.

It's not a point of view, it's a simple business logic backed up by the metrics being presented in shareholder calls. When was the last shareholder call where they said "our players are happy". The answer is never - the focus is on player engagement.

As long as the player engagement is up (and it is) nobody of importance cares that you couldn't get all the drops you wanted because you were unwilling to commit the time needed to do it. There are twenty other players who's engagement just shot up 200%; those are the people they're interested in. Dragging out this event so the low engagement players can get their drops will cause high engagement players to get bored and move on to other online mediums. 

That high engagement player is worth more than the low engagement player by far and they're going to keep that player on the thread mill by ending this event and coming out with a new limited-time event. 

However, I've run out of crayons so I'm done trying to explain this to you.
     :D  not a good place for an intellectual conversation. Notice how the replies are straight from 3rd grade.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,896
    Arnold7 said:
    Invasion event went on much longer than the original memo said it would.  It allowed younger and more inexperienced players like myself to learn how to play our characters, how to play with others, and most importantly its running for longer than planned enabled us to actually get some Spellbook drops.  Don’t have any opinion on how long the Deciet event should run have not taken part in this event.  Just wanted to comment that all players needs are important.  The difference between just being outplayed at the beginning and actually having a reasonable chance to get Spellbook drops at the end of the invasion event played into my decision to renew my subscription.  For UO to survive it needs to do more than simply maintain its aging player base.
    Precisely.

When I see Veteran players posting that they do not want ongoing Events to be extended, my first thought is that they are saying that because they already got all they wanted, possibly even more, and they do not care about the rest of the players, like perhaps New and Returning players, who instead do not have the advanced Templates that they have and, therefore, have much higher difficulties at getting the goodies.... that is, they need more time.

The second thing I get to think about these Veteran players, is that they might not want the ongoing Event to be extended, because then the tons of drops that they got will be worth more since they got tons, but other players have not, and they want to sell them to these new and returning players for tons of gold....

Too bad, that usually, these New and Returning players do not have the rididolous gold that they are asking for those new drops...

I sure hope though, that the Developers @Kyronix , @Bleak and the others, will see how it is in the best interest for the game to protect ALL players here, included New and Returning players who do not have the ability (or time) to get the tons of drops that geared up Veteran players can get, and not just the Veteran players....

That is why I am advocating for extending the Event.... so that more players can get the items that they need on all the Shards that they need (they are Shard bound), and so they will not need to subject themselves to the outrageous prices that some Veteran players who got tons of drops are asking for these new Reward items or for the drops.

I mean, the Developers have announced the New Legacy Shard, to my understanding, to close the Gap between new and returning players so, I gather, their intent is to NOT want Veteran players to have such a huge advantage over New and Returning players...

Therefore, it would be beneficial to EXTEND the current ongoing Deceit Event because then Mew and Returning players could get these items ON THEIR OWN and, help close that huge Gap with the Veteran players....

It is your call Developers, of course, but, as I have been trying to extensively explain, I think that extending the Event would be the best thing to do for the game as it would help New and Returning players to get these items on their own and not be subject to the outrageous prices that some Veteran players would like to charge.

Good luck with your decision.
    popps said:

Good luck with your decision.
    Look at the NPC vendor. The decision was made. Instead of complaining. Go kill stuff. The dungeon has more than two weeks to go. You do not get drops on the forums. Go where you do get drops. That's the way I see it.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited October 2020
    Pawain said:
    Karyn said:
    popps said:
    I simply do not agree with your point of view.

It's not a point of view, it's a simple business logic backed up by the metrics being presented in shareholder calls. When was the last shareholder call where they said "our players are happy". The answer is never - the focus is on player engagement.

As long as the player engagement is up (and it is) nobody of importance cares that you couldn't get all the drops you wanted because you were unwilling to commit the time needed to do it. There are twenty other players who's engagement just shot up 200%; those are the people they're interested in. Dragging out this event so the low engagement players can get their drops will cause high engagement players to get bored and move on to other online mediums. 

That high engagement player is worth more than the low engagement player by far and they're going to keep that player on the thread mill by ending this event and coming out with a new limited-time event. 

However, I've run out of crayons so I'm done trying to explain this to you.
     :D  not a good place for an intellectual conversation. Notice how the replies are straight from 3rd grade.
    LMAO  Shareholder call info is all BS.  You have been here long enough to know for a fact EA does not, never has and never will, give out any insider info about UO and you think @Karyn has that info, what a joke.  EA only care about you paying your subs weather you play or not doesn't matter.  @popps can post here 24/7 and as long as he pays his subs EA could care less was he does. play don't play makes no difference to them, never has never will.
    edited October 2020
    @Bilbo Where does anyone say they know customer numbers?  Like they said, engagement is what matters, engagement keeps the players with lots of free time, or with limited time on UO instead of another game.

Yall both say the same thing:
    EA only care about you paying your subs weather you play or not doesn't matter.  @popps can post here 24/7 and as long as he pays his subs EA could care less was he does. play don't play makes no difference to them, never has never will.

Engagement is what keeps those subs up. Who would still be playing if we listened to Popps?

Popps said in another thread:
    I am not sure how this situation could be reversed and thus deprive items of their current importance, but I sure would love to see Ultima Online go back to a game where items did not have the importance that they have now, on a template.

Who would play a game if we had NOTHING to advance to?  We would have max skills in a few days.

Half the posts here are asking for more stuff to do.  Read old posts. Look at the uproar over NL making the devs neglect the current game.

Entertainment is why we play. We are entertained by engaging game play. Try again @bilbo. Pretend you disagree with Karyn by saying the same thing as they do.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,245
    edited October 2020
    popps said:
    Precisely.

When I see Veteran players posting that they do not want ongoing Events to be extended, my first thought is that they are saying that because they already got all they wanted, possibly even more, and they do not care about the rest of the players, like perhaps New and Returning players, who instead do not have the advanced Templates that they have and, therefore, have much higher difficulties at getting the goodies.... that is, they need more time.

The second thing I get to think about these Veteran players, is that they might not want the ongoing Event to be extended, because then the tons of drops that they got will be worth more since they got tons, but other players have not, and they want to sell them to these new and returning players for tons of gold....

You always talk about Veteran players in such a negative manner.

When I see Veteran players posting, I think of the platinum's worth of gear, scrolls and advice we give to new/young/returning players.

So I think maybe you need to get with the program, because you don't help anyone, you're  a Veteran player, you create posts designed to take players and developers down blind alleys and waste all of our time - and yours.

As many players keep posting, in the time you've spent on here, you could already have the items you are after.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2020
    @popps As you can see, I think supporting non-shard bound - especially for the new wearables - could be a simpler topic than asking for extension. Let's hope these shard-bound items are always available for returning players in subsequent years' event.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    @ popps As you can see, I think supporting non-shard bound - especially for the new wearables - could be a simpler topic than asking for extension. Let's hope these shard-bound items are always available for returning players in subsequent years' event.
    They would be if they were not shard bound.
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    @ popps As you can see, I think supporting non-shard bound - especially for the new wearables - could be a simpler topic than asking for extension. Let's hope these shard-bound items are always available for returning players in subsequent years' event.

That's his point.
    Pawain said:
    @ Bilbo Where does anyone say they know customer numbers?  Like they said, engagement is what matters, engagement keeps the players with lots of free time, or with limited time on UO instead of another game.

Yall both say the same thing:
    EA only care about you paying your subs weather you play or not doesn't matter.  @ popps can post here 24/7 and as long as he pays his subs EA could care less was he does. play don't play makes no difference to them, never has never will.

Engagement is what keeps those subs up. Who would still be playing if we listened to Popps?

Popps said in another thread:
    I am not sure how this situation could be reversed and thus deprive items of their current importance, but I sure would love to see Ultima Online go back to a game where items did not have the importance that they have now, on a template.

Who would play a game if we had NOTHING to advance to?  We would have max skills in a few days.

Half the posts here are asking for more stuff to do.  Read old posts. Look at the uproar over NL making the devs neglect the current game.

Entertainment is why we play. We are entertained by engaging game play. Try again @ bilbo. Pretend you disagree with Karyn by saying the same thing as they do.

Reread Karyn BS posts about getting all this info about UO on shareholder calls, that is total BS and we all know it.  As long as we enjoy UO then we pay our subs but to try and tell people what EA is looking at and divulging that info on a shareholder call is total crap.  EA looks at how much they pay to upkeep DAoC and UO and how much money they collect from us is all they care about, just as long as they make money off of it.
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    Lets just hope that whatever new events come that the same rewards are there and we can continue to collect more turn-in items.  We see how often they do the ToT event so I hope these do not go the same way.
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    Lets just hope that whatever new events come that the same rewards are there and we can continue to collect more turn-in items.  We see how often they do the ToT event so I hope these do not go the same way.

Time to move on and get new stuff. And Karyn did not say she attended UO shareholder meetings, it was a general statement.  I'm not bothering getting shardbound items that are the same as I already have.  

We want new stuff not recycled stuff over and over.
    edited October 2020
    Cookie said:
    popps said:
    Precisely.

You always talk about Veteran players in such a negative manner.

When I see Veteran players posting, I think of the platinum's worth of gear, scrolls and advice we give to new/young/returning players.

So I think maybe you need to get with the program, because you don't help anyone, you're  a Veteran player, you create posts designed to take players and developers down blind alleys and waste all of our time - and yours.

As many players keep posting, in the time you've spent on here, you could already have the items you are after.

The problem, to my opinion, is not Veteran players "per se", but a game mechanics which, over the Years, has grown into a "locked cage" that keeps out New and Returning players....

Veteran players do what they can do within the game, if the game pushes them to get (and makes available to them) increasingly more powerull items (the so called "itemization" of a game), of course that they go for these items.... and over time, they perfectionate their Template to become a machine to get more and more of these items...

Of course, they have no use for them all, they can get lots, thanking to their now uber powerfull Templates so what do they do ? They SELL their extra....

The problem is, though, that, also because rampant inflation in Ultima Online, they ask ridisolously high prices for them.... something which the other players, not Veteran, likely cannot afford to buy...

I have seen even 1 Plat been asked on Atlantic for items from the current Deceit's Rewards.... can we seriously expect New of Returning players to afford that type of gold for 1 single item ?

So, what the current mechanics create, is a "locked" environment where "those who can", the Veteran players with game experience and geared up and scrolled up Templates, keep getting more and more, and the "newcomers", so to speak, find before them an impossible uphill struggle to get into the game and be competitive.

That we like it or not, this is the result of the current game mechanics.

I am not against Veteran players, I am against these game mechanics which "lock out" newcomers and impede to Ultima Online to increase its players' base.

And I think that, if we want to see Ultima Online keep going for many more Years, this status quo NEEDS to be addressed....

But how ?

Well, for starters, a GOOD WAY, to my opinion, would be to make it MORE VIABLE to newcomers to get these new items on their own....

But how if they do not have the fighting machines that Veteran players have ?

Well, one possibility could be extending the lifetime of these Events, so as to give to them more time to get these items....

One argument could then be that, with a longer timed Event, then Veteran players would be able to farm even more of these items....

So what I say ?

The more of them are around, the less their value will be, and the more players will have access to them, including newcomers who NEED to close that GAP in between them and the Veteran players.

So, the "key" to "open up" that locked environment which protects Veteran players, is to actually make it EASIER to get these items, not more difficult.

If newcomers can get them on their own, they will have no need to buy them at outrageous prices from Veteran players, prices will drop, and the rampant inflation of UO will get finally contained.

The problem is, that so far the mentality has been that of maitaining an "exclusivity" of higher end items.... THIS has been the wrong calculus that brought us into this situation that locks out new players... DESTROY such exclusivity of high end items, and newcomers will have their way into being competitive with existing, Veteran players.

So, in short, my thinking is that the Designers should work towards making these high end items MORE widely available, not exclusive.... exclusivity protects only the Haves, does nothing to help the Haves not....

As in regards to helping out newcomers, that is commendable for sure, but is not the solution to a wrong game mechanics, to my viewing.

It is too much dependable on Veterans' goodwill, if a good Samaritan is online when a newcomer may need help and all that.

I think that the only workable solution is that of addressing the problem through Design solutions, not a "patched up" and occasional one like having good Samaritans help someone when and if they bump into them.

That is the way I see it.
    Seth said:
    No, Shard-Bound IS good.

Shard Bound helps the lower population Shards to start anew a life of their own and not be subject to the moods and temper of Atlantic....

Nonetheless, because of Shard Bound, NOW Events should be permitted to run for longer so to permit to players to be able to gather, on their own, items from new Events on various Shards where they are interested to play on.

We are used to a certain length of an Event because, "yesterday", items coming from that Event were not Shard Bound.

Well, now the News is that we are in a "NEW" Ultima Online Era, that of Shard Bound items which are here to stay and are GOOD, because they help out low Population Shards.

What needs to be changed, consequentially, is that Event lifespan mindset.... the timespan of "Yesterday" is no longer a valid one in "Todays" new Ultima Online.... we need a LONGER timespan for Events to accomodate players' needs to gather items from these Events on various Shards that they are interested to play on.

THIS is the crux of the matter, the lifespan of the new Events from now on, NOT the issue about Shard Bound which are a BLESSING for Low Population Shards....

That is how I see it.
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    They will be also when Shard Bound.

How so ?

# 1) - Because the Developers have repeatedly said that they will bring them back again, over time, in the future, with whatever "Treasures of...." Event will come up.

#2) - Because they are not among the items deleted from IDOCs. So, the more of these are around on a give Shard, the more likely it will be that players will be able to gather them from an IDOC and then put them up on a Commission Vendor for sale for some New or Returning players to then buy them at a reasonable and affordable price for them....
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

Time to move on and get new stuff. And Karyn did not say she attended UO shareholder meetings, it was a general statement.  I'm not bothering getting shardbound items that are the same as I already have.  

Well, for some players who played all Events and missed none, it can well be "recycled" stuff, but for a wholo lot of other players, New and Returning players included, it is items which they see for the 1st time....

And these Events give them the chance to get them on their own without having to subject themselves to the ridicolous prices which existing, Veteran players are asking for them in many cases..... prices which, very often, these New and Returning players cannot afford....

What was the price of a Mask of Khal Ankur before the Deceit Event started ? It sells now, that the item is back dropping, for 100+ millions of UO Gold.... 

The Boots of Escaping ? Some 80+ millions of UO gold on Atlantic...

There is simply NO WAY that a New or Returning player could pile up so much gold and buy these items... or, it would require so much grinding that it then burns out New or Returning players who then realize that they are much better off, perhaps, to go play other games and not Ultima Online....

So, these Events which bring back items and give a way to New and Returning players who need and want them are a BLESSING for Ultima Online as a whole.

It might be recycled stuff for some Veteran players, but they are a blessing for many other players who need or want these items, whether recycled or nor, and cannot afford the ridicolous gold that many Veteran players ask in order to sell theirs....

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318
    Why are the prices so high?  Sheer unadulterated greed. 
    I saw a need for affordable slayer weapons for new and returning players. I started a vendor. I made only the slayers that I could easily farm the main resource for; repond, undead, arachnid, elemental and dragon. I imbued them with other properties at a level below needing special resources. 
    I priced them at 20k each and named the vendor to indicate they were intended for newer characters.  Someone emptied the whole lot. I found where they'd gone by doing a vendor search for my crafter's name. They had been re-priced ranging from 200k for some of the mace weapons up to 1 million for the composite bows. Out of reach of the characters they were made for.
    I don't have even 1 plat over my accounts, and I never will.  
    I know several vendor owners who would happily lower their prices to make items affordable for newer players, only they can't, because if they do resellers clear their entire stock to line their own pockets.
    I saw a need for affordable slayer weapons for new and returning players. I started a vendor. I made only the slayers that I could easily farm the main resource for; repond, undead, arachnid, elemental and dragon. I imbued them with other properties at a level below needing special resources. 
    I priced them at 20k each and named the vendor to indicate they were intended for newer characters.  Someone emptied the whole lot. I found where they'd gone by doing a vendor search for my crafter's name. They had been re-priced ranging from 200k for some of the mace weapons up to 1 million for the composite bows. Out of reach of the characters they were made for.
    I know several vendor owners who would happily lower their prices to make items affordable for newer players, only they can't, because if they do resellers clear their entire stock to line their own pockets.
    Sad, but true.......
    edited October 2020

I know you experience this, and it is really sad, I know the incredible effort you and your guild go to help players.

You won't believe it, but I'm in a similar situation in Felucca as well, I cannot sell powerscrolls, or they get sucked up to Atlantic and the same things happen. There are so many items I would go a lot cheaper than the market average on, but stuff is hoovered up by middlemen and ratcheted up. I'm just a player, not a trader, I get stuff through playing, and am happy to move it on for a reasonable price, there is no point me having some stuff.

Players have different agendas. You want to help newer players and the game, I want to help Felucca, and some just see the game as a trading algorithm and define their success by how many platinum's they have in the bank, and how low they were able to buy and how high they were able to sell. In the old days, we hated these type of players, but they do dominate the trading markets due to the time and effort they put into it. And they cause a lot of the economic problems. But they will argue, they are just trying to raise gold to play the game - I will counter argue - they never actually go out and play the game.

These days, I see so much being sold to RMT sites, and there is so much real life cash being made out of it all. Ultimately, that is probably the problem, Real Money Trade is driving the greed, and the inflation cauldron within the game. Platinum's are selling for $90 currently. Many of us would never ever use that option, but many players who want to get into the game quickly, and who cannot see how to get into the game via playing it (because it is so hard and confusing) - just buy their way in. Edit - also PvPers who want top-end items for PvP and who would never find those items themselves and don't want to farm the content, will buy gold (or the item itself directly), as will Rare Collectors who want huge sums of gold for the latest cool rare. {Players in their 20's and 30's have a lot of Disposable cash, and see their time as being more valuable}. The point is, there is a huge market for UO Gold right now, and plenty of players making it, and willing to sell for real life cash. This behaviour, is driving all the ingame prices out of reach of the normal players, as they cannot hope to farm that much gold, so many are then forced into the same mindset as they see it as the only way of getting by - I see this a lot.

As a sidenote - these are the same issues with using 3rd Party Programs in PvP (Cheating), and Scripting PvM/Gathering in Trammel. A small percentage will go WAAC (win at all costs) to get to the "top", then others feel they cannot compete, so they join in, then before you know it, pretty much everyone is doing it. Some who are dismayed about the whole thing, quit, others step down in their play, and others build it into their play. Even I have in some instances. {Not PvP - which I regard as sacred in terms of fair competition}.

edited October 2020
    I have to honestly admit I am on the side who would like to "buy" time. It will be very difficult to get all the gears that I currently have by playing the game.

$90 per plat, if my day job is worth $50 an hour that is 2 hours. It takes very much longer to make 1 plat. It takes hundreds of hours to get just one of those artifacts.

Yeah, my desired template is really top of the line - all the best possible in the game. Are you going to nerf the game so much that we are forced to spend 365 days to farm each item?

Or if you force shard bound - there are not enough players in the low pop shard to farm items so that they can sell to noobs at super low prices. And at what price? Gather 1000s of eggs and kill Medusa 200 times to get the chance for 1 Slither, so sell that Slither for just 10,000GP to the new players. Is it worth the time?

I do not consider myself selfish, as I do help my friends to make armor, transfer items between shards for free, etc. But time - no one can buy time no matter how rich you are - Bill Gates, Warren Buffet - I don't care. But given a choice where I can buy time, I would.

Seth said:
    I have to honestly admit I am on the side who would like to "buy" time. It will be very difficult to get all the gears that I currently have by playing the game.

$90 per plat, if my day job is worth $50 an hour that is 2 hours. It takes very much longer to make 1 plat. It takes hundreds of hours to get just one of those artifacts.

Yeah, my desired template is really top of the line - all the best possible in the game. Are you going to nerf the game so much that we are forced to spend 365 days to farm each item?

Or if you force shard bound - there are not enough players in the low pop shard to farm items so that they can sell to noobs at super low prices. And at what price? Gather 1000s of eggs and kill Medusa 200 times to get the chance for 1 Slither, so sell that Slither for just 10,000GP to the new players. Is it worth the time?

I do not consider myself selfish, as I do help my friends to make armor, transfer items between shards for free, etc. But time - no one can buy time no matter how rich you are - Bill Gates, Warren Buffet - I don't care. But given a choice where I can buy time, I would.

But the core of the issue, of why these prices are so high, is precisely that, because of the time to get them...

If the Developers were to make them more common, more players would have them and, consequentially, their price would go down because less players would need to buy them, they could get them on their own rather then pay exorbitant amounts of gold to buy them...

So, is my argument, in order to fight inflation and the ever rising prices for these items, the solution is for the Developers to make these items more readily available to players...

That is why I am asking for Deceit's treasures of the Undead Lords to be extended its lifetime as an Event, so that more players can get these items on their own, and not need to have to grind forever to buy them because players price them at exorbitant prices....
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Ya know @popps, not everything that goes to Atlantic stays on Atlantic. I make regular trips there and bring things home. I can find better prices there sometimes due to the competition, and pass on the savings. Shard bound is not good. As it is now, you will see fewer of these items for sale on your smaller shards and at higher prices. 

As for extending the time line, NO. You have had 6 weeks to farm. As for your not having time, I call BS. I have seen you on Cats a lot. Your problem is that you are running a tamer with a non skilled triton. Have you tried a different style? 
    edited October 2020
    Well, I see the topic of event extension related to the fact that the artifacts are shard bound.

If there is a vote, I would vote to extend the event for those who may miss it.

@popps For those of us who are active now, there is no reason to miss out. Use sampire for faster results. But if your point is to extend for other players who are away or not active, lets' hope the next event (forest of the dark) have the same rewards or better.

Seth said:
    Well, I see the topic of event extension related to the fact that the artifacts are shard bound.

@ popps For those of us who are active now, there is no reason to miss out. Use sampire for faster results. But if your point is to extend for other players who are away or not active, lets' hope the next event (forest of the dark) have the same rewards or better.

But if your point is to extend for other players who are away or not active, lets' hope the next event (forest of the dark) have the same rewards or better. 
    That was the other alternative I indicated in the OP....

If, for some reasons which I do not understand, the current Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords could not be extended (but I fail to understand why it could not...), the other possibility is to KEEP the current Reward items on the list and make it still able for participants to the Forest of the Dark to have the option to claim the current items, alongside with whatever new items the Developers will add to the list....

popps said:
    Seth said:

@ popps For those of us who are active now, there is no reason to miss out. Use sampire for faster results. But if your point is to extend for other players who are away or not active, lets' hope the next event (forest of the dark) have the same rewards or better.

But if your point is to extend for other players who are away or not active, lets' hope the next event (forest of the dark) have the same rewards or better. 
    That was the other alternative I indicated in the OP....

If, for some reasons which I do not understand, the current Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords could not be extended (but I fail to understand why it could not...), the other possibility is to KEEP the current Reward items on the list and make it still able for participants to the Forest of the Dark to have the option to claim the current items, alongside with whatever new items the Developers will add to the list....

No. We do not need recycled rewards. If you want them, play!
    Having no goals will decrease the population of UO.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,061
    I'm on ATL and about a week ago drops were going for up to 3mil each and some of the bone/plate stuff was selling for 5-10mil per piece. Fast forward to today, I'm seeing each drop average for under 2mil per piece. This is economics 101 with supply vs demand. People are grinding to play the event and making it a priority. 

The way I see it there are 2 options: 
    1) Play the content now until it's scheduled to end on 11/15 and work toward the items you want.
    2) Play some other content that is a money maker (maybe chain champ spawns for 120's while everyone is focused on Deceit) and use that money to buy the Deceit drops.

This is why there is an economy in UO and one of the reasons I like playing so much. People that cannot acquire X item in Y time frame can buy it from those that did. I've seen a newer guy (possibly returning player but likely new) literally build up his char in the past 2 weeks; I see him sell some drops and a couple rewards and use that money to buy scrolls / armor / pets / etc. This is what keeps UO going in my opinion.
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    Pawain said:
    Too true, too true. There is certainly a large lack of reading compression at the very least from some posters. Thanks for trying to clear up some of the 3rd-grade comments sent my way. Not needed because they obviously won't get what I'm saying because it doesn't fit their viewpoint - but appreciated nonetheless.

1) No, I do not have insider UO information. I'm not even sure how that conclusion was reached. Nor did I ever imply that I did.
    2) I do regularly listen to the earning calls for EA (that's Electronic Arts for those having trouble keeping up). In those calls, UO is not addressed specifically. However, a large part of the discussion with shareholders revolves around player engagement. On a side note, I listen to the Blizzard-Activision calls as well as several other game industry earning calls, and player engagement is a universal metric used when speaking to shareholders about growth and retention.

As for my "BS", sorry gang, it still holds true even though you don't like it. Casual players while important to the game, are not the target of limited-time events such as this. Sorry, you can't get everything you want from the prize pool playing only on weekends. 
    Karyn said:
    2) I do regularly listen to the earning calls for EA (that's Electronic Arts for those having trouble keeping up). In those calls, UO is not addressed specifically. However, a large part of the discussion with shareholders revolves around player engagement. On a side note, I listen to the Blizzard-Activision calls as well as several other game industry earning calls, and player engagement is a universal metric used when speaking to shareholders about growth and retention.
    Sadly, the phone support has often never heard of UO.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    We're getting somewhat off topic here. Is the thread likely to get back on track or is the topic exhausted?
This discussion has been closed.