Dear Devs, can you please have Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords run for much longer?

Comments

• Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited October 2020

Hear to that Mongbat Man! He's old and wise!

*twinkels*

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• I can see both sides of the argument.  I tend to lean more to extending it for a bit.  There is no way for me (personally) to get everything I would like due to time constrictions.  But in a way that is life.  If they are able to be sold or traded, even just on the shard then there will be a way to get them, but just at a cost of gold instead of time.  I would love to earn them, but RL in 2020 is kind of borked up and my time schedual is crazy lol
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited October 2020
    Tyrath said:
    Pawain said:
    There is someone asking for compassion tile. I forget who.  I have 2 sets and am done! Made a bunch of new toons stuck 100 melee skills on them used a Dragons end and a repond slayer and did the quests easily.
    Speaking of which, popps stopped doing that one cause sage was too difficult to get for him.

But, I would be fine with this lasting longer but, we already have Halloween stuff going on, the Black Gate is still going on. We still have four complete weeks for this event.  But, we have 2 more events this year. I do not know how time consuming those will be. So, IMO end this as scheduled and move on.

As I said in another thread and you elude to here.......... Too much in the same time frame.  LOL they need to learn how to spread butter around a bit on the bread.
    We got a lot of buttered bread so we must eat it before it goes stale.

@popps you should have done the quest while it was the only thing active, instead you were here writing novels about thieves.  They gave us a week heads up to get the sage while no events were going on.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    What harm would there be in letting these things run other than making more of the items available so their prices come down and god forbid it gives us more thing to do in UO at the same time.
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Bilbo said:
    What harm would there be in letting these things run other than making more of the items available so their prices come down and god forbid it gives us more thing to do in UO at the same time.
    Then it's not really a halloween event if it lasts multiple months lol.....
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    last year halloween event went till april 2020
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited October 2020
    RockStaR said:
    Bilbo said:
    Then it's not really a halloween event if it lasts multiple months lol.....
    Just because it started in Oct does not mean it is a Halloween only event. If it were a Halloween event then we would only have the undead to fight.  We have the pumpkins and the bones that are the Halloween Event.   LOL

There is really no reason why we should be forced to "farm" events 24/7 when they could just leave the event going for longer periods of time so it is more like playing a game for enjoyment and not like work
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,772
    If someone averages 5 drops a day because of RL the event will need to run for at least 50 days in order for them to get the 50 SDI spell book.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,896
    TimSt said:
    If someone averages 5 drops a day because of RL the event will need to run for at least 50 days in order for them to get the 50 SDI spell book.
    I think that the Developers should tailor the length of a given Even to the average player's drops but skewed to the "lesser efficiency" so as to try to accomodate most players as possible.

Why ?

Because the goal should be that of having their players' base happy rather then upset.

If players, due to real life constraints, cannot get most of the Rewards, and with this Event it can be even more difficult being them Shard Bound wheareas many players might need them on several Shards, not just 1, then by setting the lifetime of the Even not long enough, they could end up with a whole bunch of their players' base dissatisfied and this would not help the game, I need to imagine.

Besides, letting an Even run for longer, would even free up Developers' time more, since they fire up a given Event, let them run for a good long time, and go spend their work on other stuff, perhaps fixing bugs, new content or the New Legacy Shard.... whatever....

So, having Events, especially in this case of the Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords for longer, would be a WIN WIN situation for the Developers..... their players' base would be happy as players could get the items which they need/want on all Shards they need them in, and the Developers would have more free time to work on something else....

Why not do it then ?
  • DinoDino Posts: 27
    I dont think the duration of the event is the problem. I dont understand why the points must be used till 15.11. As i understood this kind of event will be an important part of the games future. So i would prefer to collect points in all treasures of events and always have the same vendor.
    Dino said:
    I dont think the duration of the event is the problem. I dont understand why the points must be used till 15.11. As i understood this kind of event will be an important part of the games future. So i would prefer to collect points in all treasures of events and always have the same vendor.
    That was the alternative that I suggested should there be issue against prolonging the lifetime of the current Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords....

Just make the Rewards STAY there on the list, and permit with the points earned with the future, upcoming Treasures of new Events, to STILL claim today's Rewards along with whatever new Rewards will be added in the future...

Therefore, players will still be able to get the items that they need or want, also on other Servers being them Shard Bound.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Dino said:
    Good idea, then shard bound or not does not matter, imho.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    There should be more time.  Am a armor collector I have been hunting there a few hours a day. Tamers don't work there for drops i get 1 to 3 drops a hr if I take the potion I get 3 drops to 6 a hr. I can't play more then a few hrs a day if that. With 3 kids and a wife who is hurting from a car crash.  I am hurting from the same car crash my left hand is pretty much useless.   

To get the armor sets I had to spend over 500mil gold this time around. Have all human elf sets but two complete need two drops and there done. 

Please let it go longer there are things I want and it does not look like I will be able to get becasue of the timeing
  • Add one more to the please extend it list
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Yes, please extend!
  • HippoHippo Posts: 266
    Length is fine. Looking forward to what new rewards - if any - we can get in the next Black Gate phase,
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,061
    edited October 2020
    How long do people think it should be extended?

Unless the answer is 3+ months then it doesn't make sense because treasures of the three would turn into Black Gate champ spawn as soon as the November content comes out (aka nobody does it). 

I think the timeline is pretty good for even the casual player. On average I "only" play a couple hours a day but have already claimed almost every reward I want (boots/cloak/SSI eps/sash) with points to spare and we still have 3+ weeks. You just need to fully commit to "the grind" when you play and stop posting on the forums that you want more time :) 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,186
    keven2002 said:

Unless the answer is 3+ months then it doesn't make sense because treasures of the three would turn into Black Gate champ spawn as soon as the November content comes out (aka nobody does it). 

I think the timeline is pretty good for even the casual player. On average I "only" play a couple hours a day but have already claimed almost every reward I want (boots/cloak/SSI eps/sash) with points to spare and we still have 3+ weeks. You just need to fully commit to "the grind" when you play and stop posting on the forums that you want more time :) 
    WOW You must be 100000 times better than all of UO for getting so many drops in just 2 hours a day play time or you are the biggest BSer there is.
     :D 
  • keven2002 said:

The reason the champ is dead is because they limited the reward to once per account. There’s near zero incentive to keep doing it. 
    keven2002 said:

The reason the champ is dead is because they limited the reward to once per account. There’s near zero incentive to keep doing it. 

Also I hop over there every day to see what state it is on.  Ill do the remaining spawn and not get a cube.  I get a cube almost every time I can be there at the start of the orc level.  Cubes should drop like the items in deceit.
    edited October 2020
    keven2002 said:

I do not get it.

Was it perhaps a medical prescription that ordered the Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords to be set at around a Month, moreless ?

I would seriously doubt it....

Therefore, I need to imagine, it is a time that can WELL BE extended thus delaying the following sections.....

I mean, all it needs is a Developers' decision on it..... right ?

The planned sections do not "have to" be completed, all of them, by December 31st, I need to imagine, they can well slip well into 2021....

And why would the Developers not want to extend such a length ?

Think about it.....

While players are busy playing with the content, they can work on "other" things  such as fixing bugs, the New Legacy Server or other new content for the current Shards.

So, if the current content is being enjoyed by players, and if the players need more time to be able to get the Rewards items on their Main Shard and possibly on other Shards that they play on, being the items as we know Shard Bound, then I ask WHY NOT ?

This extention will keep players busy for longer, thus giving to the Developers more "quiet" time to work on other things for Ultima Online, and it will make players more happy about the game they play rather then being upset because they did not have time to get this or that other items on some of the Shards that they play.

Not to mention, the other added bonus.... and quite one too....

It will keep UO inflation at bay !!

How so ?

Since more Rewards items will be claimed, they will be less exclusive as more players will have them and this will contribute in toning their selling pices down thus helping to contain the outrageous UO's game inflation....

Frankly, I would be seriously surprised if the Developers were to not extend the lifetime of the current Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords because there is soooooo much that can be benefitted from such extention, both from players and from the Developers, and much to loose for both of these parties if instead the deadline would be maintained with the short lenghted current one.

Just my opinion of course.
  • DjangoDjango Posts: 7
    I thought the whole "Treasures of XXXX" events were in one of the most recent patches as something they could turn on and off.  And they were DESIGNED to have a limited time because they will be back at one time or another.  I remember them testing "Treasures of the Orc Dungeon" or something like that.  This also may explain the Shard Bound property, if in the future they decide to run different Treasures events on different servers.  I could be wrong though, but that is how I interpreted it.
    keven2002 said:

WOW You must be 100000 times better than all of UO for getting so many drops in just 2 hours a day play time or you are the biggest BSer there is.
    The content has been active over 2 weeks and I'll play 2-3 hours each day (let's sat 15 hours a week). Do the math. 18-20 hours a week dedicated to just doing Deceit. If you are playing any shard besides ATL where it's busy from server up to server down it's very easy to get 15 drops an hour (sometimes more sometimes less). So 15 drops per hour times roughly 35 hours (2 weeks and 2 days) is 525 points. The items I have claimed have been 100 for the Eps and then 50 for the other 3... that's only 250 points so I have points to spare. How is what I'm saying BS?

Maybe instead of blindly calling BS you should try it yourself... or at least take the extra 3minutes to do some basic math to see how attainable rewards are.
  • I get about 3 or 4 an hour, and I play on chessy.
    Of_Beasts said:
    I get about 3 or 4 an hour, and I play on chessy.
    Stop using your tamer and invising while pet is killing stuff :) 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,186
    keven2002 said:
    keven2002 said:

The content has been active over 2 weeks and I'll play 2-3 hours each day (let's sat 15 hours a week). Do the math. 18-20 hours a week dedicated to just doing Deceit. If you are playing any shard besides ATL where it's busy from server up to server down it's very easy to get 15 drops an hour (sometimes more sometimes less). So 15 drops per hour times roughly 35 hours (2 weeks and 2 days) is 525 points. The items I have claimed have been 100 for the Eps and then 50 for the other 3... that's only 250 points so I have points to spare. How is what I'm saying BS?

Maybe instead of blindly calling BS you should try it yourself... or at least take the extra 3minutes to do some basic math to see how attainable rewards are.
    WOW 3 times the drop rate that everyone else is reporting, again you are the UO GOD.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,245
    edited October 2020
    WOW 3 times the drop rate that everyone else is reporting, again you are the UO GOD.

I personally get about 5 drops per hour.

Other guildmates of mine hit 20 drops per hour, and some up to 35 drops per hour.

It's consistent. To the point I'm on 350 drops yet I spend a lot of time in there, they are on say 700+ drops, spending 1/5th the amount of time I do...

A lot of it is about their set-up, a lot of it is about how focussed, efficient and fast they actually play.

I've tried on all my character templates, and cannot improve, I see how they do it, it's legitimate, I know their playstyles, but just don't want to, or cannot play their templates or speed. Ultimately, they are just very good players, and have maximised everything.

I think it is a legitimate point that players can get burnout in this type of event. I also regret what this is doing to Felucca which is not having any action during this. There is enough time if players focus the time they have. Myself and my boys (who are new to this game), know Deceit inside out now, and would be happy for the action to move somewhere else for them to learn. :)

Cookie said:

I personally get about 5 drops per hour.

Other guildmates of mine hit 20 drops per hour, and some up to 35 drops per hour.

It's consistent. To the point I'm on 350 drops yet I spend a lot of time in there, they are on say 700+ drops, spending 1/5th the amount of time I do...

A lot of it is about their set-up, a lot of it is about how focussed, efficient and fast they actually play.

I've tried on all my character templates, and cannot improve, I see how they do it, it's legitimate, I know their playstyles, but just don't want to, or cannot play their templates or speed. Ultimately, they are just very good players, and have maximised everything.

Not questioning that some players might be able to reach a high drop rate.... what I am saying is, rather, that the Developers, in order to make most players happy, look at those players with the lowest drop rate and the less hours to play the Event and not those who can get lots of drops for lots of hours, daily....

Personally, I think it is wrong to "tailor" a given Event or game mechanics to the "few" players who can do it better because they do not represent the grandest majority of their players' base but only a minority....

What needs to be looked at, instead, is the grandest majority of players who can only play limited time and only get a few drops per day...

That is why, to my opinion, the Event should be extended, so that these players might still be happy with it because they were able to get the items that they needed/wanted and, hopefully, also on the various Shards that they play, given that these items, as we know, are Shard Bound....
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,245
    edited October 2020
    popps said:
    Not questioning that some players might be able to reach a high drop rate.... what I am saying is, rather, that the Developers, in order to make most players happy, look at those players with the lowest drop rate and the less hours to play the Event and not those who can get lots of drops for lots of hours, daily....

Personally, I think it is wrong to "tailor" a given Event or game mechanics to the "few" players who can do it better because they do not represent the grandest majority of their players' base but only a minority....

What needs to be looked at, instead, is the grandest majority of players who can only play limited time and only get a few drops per day...

That is why, to my opinion, the Event should be extended, so that these players might still be happy with it because they were able to get the items that they needed/wanted and, hopefully, also on the various Shards that they play, given that these items, as we know, are Shard Bound....

I added a final paragraph which went a little way towards my response to your point.

I think players get burnout, or get bored of an event, it gets stale.

Whilst I have really enjoyed Treasures of Deceit, the numbers are dropping off all the time, especially during the week/ out of prime time etc - to the point - it becomes harder/almost impossible for those left doing it to even do it, these events were built for numbers decimating the spawn.

There have been quite a few times recently, where it is only my guild left, and the absolute irony of all of this, is we are a Feluccan guild, last man standing in Trammel...

The Developers have created a schedule, they have a lot to fit in, it's pretty amazing they are constantly coming out with stuff, and quite frankly, they never let their train get derailed, they certainly don't listen when you'd like them to - Felucca remains closed for example - this event will not be prolonged no matter how much you want it. I say they don't listen - to be fair they do, and have implemented a lot of stuff in the long term that we have wanted, but in the short term, they really don't change course, or seem to have the means/resolve to fix certain issues.

And just to add - it is the limited nature of these events, and therefore drops, that creates the demand, and "specialness" of the drops in the first place. It is the entire point of these items.

Edit - to add - it appears to me, you have requested Shard Bound, and are now trying to backtrack, change everything else to fix the problems this is creating. In a sense, I don't have an issue with Shard Bound, but In a sense I do, I'm still sat on the fence a little. I can see the problems it is generating - and you either have to go the whole hog or not.

This discussion has been closed.