Dear Devs, can you please have Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords run for much longer?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited October 2020 in General Discussions
My impression is, that given the requests for : 

1) - Felucca facet activations ;
2) - That Rewards are Shard Bounds ; 

It looks to me that the Rewards from the turn in points are very much seeked by the players who worry much that they will not be able to get all the items that they need or want on all of the Shards that they play.

Considering the extremely high prices that we have seen some of these items already go for sale on Atlantic, purchasing them might be impossible for less wealthy players.

So, could you please kindly consider either of the following : 

A ) - Extend the lifetime of the Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords well beyond the originally 1 month or so planned, so as to give to all players ample time to be able to get all of the items which they need or want on the various Shards that they may play ;

B ) - If you do not want or cannot consider extending the playability of the Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords because other content needs to be implemented (couldn't they co-exist together at the same one time ?), at the very least, consider keeping the current list of Rewards and add new Rewards to it as the new content will be released. This way, players will still be able to earn points in the new Dungeon after Deceit, but keep claiming the current Rewards from Deceit with those newly earned points, should they have not been able to claim all those that they needed on all Shards that they may play on.

This, in the spirit of having your players' base happy and not upset.... considering the participation of players, on all Shards, to this Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords, I am quite positive that the rewards' list meets very much players' desires and wishes.

Thus, is my reasoning, permitting to players ample time (the currently planned 1 month looks too short a time to me) to get as many of these Rewards as they may want/need on the multiple Shards that they may play on, would be meeting players' desires and, thus, work towards keeping your players' base happy.

Thank you.

Comments

• The current duration of the event is fine. Hopefully this can be a seasonal thing every October. A lot of the rewards are not new anyways with a limited time to obtain them means they can put the  same items up every year without having to add a whole new line up of items maybe just a couple.

The direction the game has gone in the past couple months has been promising with the Black Gate spawn and Treasures of Deceit. Hopefully we continue to see content like this throughout the year since its apparently easy to do now.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    The time is fine. Six weeks is plenty. 
    Different ruleset for different shards is just plain bullsh*t though. Go team go!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    jelinidas said:
    The time is fine. Six weeks is plenty. 
    Different ruleset for different shards is just plain bullsh*t though. Go team go!
    While you and me and fellow players might think about what "we", individually, might need or want, the Developers need to think about the "average" player....

So, while roughly a month might be enough for someone who can log multiple hours per day, every day, and collect many drops per hour of play, the same might not be valid for other players who, instead, might only play an hour a day and not even all days of a week and, on top of that, perhaps have also a reduced drop rate per hour of game play in Deceit.

That is, the Developers should consider those players who may want those items, but have limited time to play and thus get the drops.

Their only way to get them would then be to buy them from other players but, with the ridicolously high prices that people have already been asking, for many players this is an out of question thing.

The other alternative, then, for these players to get the items which they might want/need, would be only if the Developers were to extend the time during which it was possible to get drops and, thus, these Reward items.

Think about it, what is best for the game and for the Developers then, to have (A) - players happy because they were able to have sufficient time to earn the items which they wanted/needed OR, (B) - instead, to have many players unhappy because the time that the Event was active was too short for them, they were unable to get those items which they needed/wanted and now they have to spend ridicolous Gold to buy them from other players which would force them into absurd and alienating grinds to put together that ridicolous amount of gold ?

To my opinion, the correct answer would be A, not B.

If we want to have as many players as possible happy with playing UO, that is.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    If they were not shard bound, people on Atlantic would be undercutting each other more and you could buy what ya wanted. You wanted shard bound @popps...live with it. Pick the one item you can afford with your limited play time and be happy! 

6 weeks is plenty.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited October 2020
    @popps ; perfect example of why we don't want shard bound. Now ppl not on Atlantic have to rely on others doing the work for them on the shard.  You think i'm gonna sell anything that I spent so many hours on?  Nope.  This is why shard bound is not good and will only benefit the players who have lots of time to play.

Welcome to shard bound!

We have 2 more events this year, those also last 1 month.  So play or you wont get stuff because Atlantic cant help you anymore.

How many cubes you have so far?  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Shard Bound IS good !

Only, players should be given sufficient time to get their Rewards....

And while 6 weeks might be enough for players able to log in often to get several of them and perhaps on various Shards, for other players who cannot log in that often, 6 weeks might not be a time sufficient.

But by all means, Shard Bound DOES IS good, to my opinion.

The only change that needs be done, is to give more time to the "average" player to get his/her items from a given Event.
    The the event is good!  Stop complaining start playing.
  • While you were typing your usual walls of text, I got 18 drops.  stop typing, start playing
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I think either
    1) lengthen the event, or
    2) promise to have the same event and rewards every year (miss this year can wait for next year)
    4) or remove "shard-bound".
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Seth said:
    I think either
    2) promise to have the same event and rewards every year (miss this year can wait for next year)
    @Seth they wanted shardbound and are now complaining about the length of time and opening it up for fel on other shards.... They can deal with what they got.

@popps how about a big no
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited October 2020

The length of the event is fine.

@popps You cannot use the requests for Fel based activations to further your own agenda. The Fel based activations are for an entirely different purpose.

Although we are losing time rapidly, to have far more dimension added to the game by having it in Felucca for the majority of the active player-base. And I mean what I say here, I recognise 80% of players in Deceit as being Feluccans, and I usually recognise 70% in all crowded events as being Feluccans.

Before the Shard Bound actually happened here, I had no real opinion on shard bound, like many discussions, they are merely hypothetical whilst being discussed, but now it is happening, I am seeing quite a few problems with it.

I almost think Account Bound may have been better, to allow wearables to stay on a character that transfers shards. I can see the issue here.

I can also see the issue that these events are so hard, you will only collect for yourself, and there will be no market for these anywhere, neither Atlantic, or the smaller shards. In fact the smaller shards will lose out, as their prices will go through the roof.

The restriction of trade in this manner, for a wearable, does not seem to be helping much.

So far, an interesting experiment in this sense, I don't blame the Devs for actually trying it, but I do blame some very deluded posters on these boards for prioritising Trammel based game-styles over the games best interests.

edited October 2020

Duplicated my post, tried to delete, can't.

edited October 2020
    Cookie said:
    While you were typing your usual walls of text, I got 18 drops.  stop typing, start playing

Pawain said:
    The the event is good!  Stop complaining start playing.

Agreed.
    Pawain said:
    @ popps  perfect example of why we don't want shard bound. Now ppl not on Atlantic have to rely on others doing the work for them on the shard.  You think i'm gonna sell anything that I spent so many hours on?  Nope.  This is why shard bound is not good and will only benefit the players who have lots of time to play.

Welcome to shard bound!

We have 2 more events this year, those also last 1 month.  So play or you wont get stuff because Atlantic cant help you anymore.

How many cubes you have so far?  :D

And from having no opinion on this topic - Now agreed.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Why is everyone shard hopping so much?
    And secondly 
    why do you need your suit to sit at Luna bank? 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited October 2020
    Mervyn said:
    Why is everyone shard hopping so much?

Partly, you can tell me, you went from Europa to Atlantic ? :)

• Partly, to trade on Atlantic and come back, it is the central Merchant Hub.
    • Partly to follow the PvP flow, a lot of Atlantic players like to pop over to Europa for PvP.
    • To move powerscrolls, BOD activity and farmed items around.
    • Partly for EM events.
    • Partly because they can - a friend of mine has 75 available tokens, to many shards, my guild have a lot of access to stuff being a veteran guild.
  • ValisValis Posts: 45
    The event length is fine. It was given over 30 days. Complain less, play more. Then maybe you'll actually realize half the stuff you post (and probably more) is moronic.
    edited October 2020
    Cookie said:

The length of the event is fine.

@ popps You cannot use the requests for Fel based activations to further your own agenda. The Fel based activations are for an entirely different purpose.

Although we are losing time rapidly, to have far more dimension added to the game by having it in Felucca for the majority of the active player-base. And I mean what I say here, I recognise 80% of players in Deceit as being Feluccans, and I usually recognise 70% in all crowded events as being Feluccans.

Before the Shard Bound actually happened here, I had no real opinion on shard bound, like many discussions, they are merely hypothetical whilst being discussed, but now it is happening, I am seeing quite a few problems with it.

I almost think Account Bound may have been better, to allow wearables to stay on a character that transfers shards. I can see the issue here.

I can also see the issue that these events are so hard, you will only collect for yourself, and there will be no market for these anywhere, neither Atlantic, or the smaller shards. In fact the smaller shards will lose out, as their prices will go through the roof.

The restriction of trade in this manner, for a wearable, does not seem to be helping much.

So far, an interesting experiment in this sense, I don't blame the Devs for actually trying it, but I do blame some very deluded posters on these boards for prioritising Trammel based game-styles over the games best interests.

Thing is, that it is thanking to Trammel based game/styles that the game's best interests are served....

It is Trammel that pays most of the bills for the upkeep of Ultima Online, not Felucca....

One may like it or not, but that is the flat out plain truth.

• DarkionDarkion Posts: 12
    I’m the depressing thing for me about joining this forum is the sense of tram vs Fel when the reality is it is symbiotic.

Fel provides a lot of the economic drive for trammel, and in general it’s rarely you can only make one happy at a cost to the other, so think a lot of the issues in providing useful feedback is just mentality/attitude from both camps after being on this forum for a handful of days.. anyways that’s probably my last two cents.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     I notice the folks that can play 23/7 typically think the time is fine and the folks that have to do things like work and Real Life would like to see it extended a couple of weeks to a month.  I have pretty much everything I want at this point other than I still need to farm up another 450 points on Origin and have been lazy getting that done. But I am can now play 23/7 if I want to (Finally Retired)  but got burned out doing deceit.  I play actively on 3 shards Origin. LS and Siege and want to have a few things on Siege and got them.  A Full set of everything on LS Done with that.  And a few things like a couple 50sdi spell books, a couple of jawbones and a few other things on Origin..... But I lose patients quickly grinding the same thing over and over for long periods of time.  So would not mind having it extended a bit to not have to grind so hard.  If not extended I will grind hard before the finish to finish up getting the drops for what is missing on my wish list.

Consideration though should be given to those who can't live in the dungeon 23/7 and complain about people reasonably asking that it be extended a few more weeks.  It also does not make a lot of sense to me having all of these things going on at the same time and then we will have 10-11 months of nothing. Need to spread that stuff out some 6 months worth of content crammed into October-December is rough if you are a average player wanting to participate and achieve anything in all of the content available.  Gets old seeing the "I have no problem doing everything" from people that live every waking moment in UO......... Not everyone is L33T and has endless time to devote to the grind with the mentality of "I got mine who cares if you got yers"  We all pay the same subs and a few more weeks would not hurt anyone and would help many.  It does not hurt me either way I have got mine but would like to see everyone that can't grind it 23/7 get theirs as well.
    We have an event for November and an event for December plus the artisan festival.  Either extend them all into next year or keep them at 1 moth as stated by Mesanna in a meet and greet.

First posters said theres nothing new, now there's too much new stuff...

Tyrath said:
     I notice the folks that can play 23/7 typically think the time is fine and the folks that have to do things like work and Real Life would like to see it extended a couple of weeks to a month.  I have pretty much everything I want at this point other than I still need to farm up another 450 points on Origin and have been lazy getting that done. But I am can now play 23/7 if I want to (Finally Retired)  but got burned out doing deceit.  I play actively on 3 shards Origin. LS and Siege and want to have a few things on Siege and got them.  A Full set of everything on LS Done with that.  And a few things like a couple 50sdi spell books, a couple of jawbones and a few other things on Origin..... But I lose patients quickly grinding the same thing over and over for long periods of time.  So would not mind having it extended a bit to not have to grind so hard.  If not extended I will grind hard before the finish to finish up getting the drops for what is missing on my wish list.

Consideration though should be given to those who can't live in the dungeon 23/7 and complain about people reasonably asking that it be extended a few more weeks.  It also does not make a lot of sense to me having all of these things going on at the same time and then we will have 10-11 months of nothing. Need to spread that stuff out some 6 months worth of content crammed into October-December is rough if you are a average player wanting to participate and achieve anything in all of the content available.  Gets old seeing the "I have no problem doing everything" from people that live every waking moment in UO......... Not everyone is L33T and has endless time to devote to the grind with the mentality of "I got mine who cares if you got yers"  We all pay the same subs and a few more weeks would not hurt anyone and would help many.  It does not hurt me either way I have got mine but would like to see everyone that can't grind it 23/7 get theirs as well.
     Consideration though should be given to those who can't live in the dungeon 23/7 and complain about people reasonably asking that it be extended a few more weeks. 
    That was my point when making this Thread.....

Not everyone, whatever their reason might be, can farm drops by the tons every day.

Yet, these players unable to farm drops a go-go, may still need/want the items on the Rewards list but other players are asking ridicolously high amounts of gold for them which many players might not be able to afford.

So, the alternatives for them are either not having those items, or having the Developers extend the lifetime of the current spawn OR make the current Reward items STILL available also throughout the following "Treasures of...." spawns.

Now, the Developers should ask themselves, what serves best Ultima Online, if upset players because they could not get the items they needed/wanted or happy players because they were able to get them....

And then do what is the right thing.
    Pawain said:
    We have an event for November and an event for December plus the artisan festival.  Either extend them all into next year or keep them at 1 moth as stated by Mesanna in a meet and greet.

First posters said theres nothing new, now there's too much new stuff...
    Players want the Rewards.

If it is not possible to extend the Events for whatever reasons, just extend the List of the Rewards making it possible for players to still earn the current Rewards with the future drops that they will get from the future Events.....

As long as they will have more time to get drops and thus get the items that they want, I guess that things will be fine anyways.
    Or just play instead of posting?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2020
    RockStaR said:
    Seth said:
    I think either
    @ Seth they wanted shardbound and are now complaining about the length of time and opening it up for fel on other shards.... They can deal with what they got.

@ popps how about a big no
    Who is the "they", why are they influencing such decisions for the first time in uo history. For most of us outside Atlantic, they look like selfish ideas. I have now started to play more on Atlantic for pvm as well and I also see other Asians coming over, so don't blame the crowded space.

Maybe the "shard bound" should isolate Atlantic from all other shards. We can create another trading hub elsewhere away from the selfish "they".
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Pawain said:

If you are referring to me I really post very little and when I do post it is because I am not in a position where I can be playing :)  Even though I could play 23/7 I still have real life things like wiring in my 12v LED lighting system and adding in another 10KW of solar panels to add 25% more power to my overall power system. Hard to play UO sitting up on the array but not hard to post on a forum ;)
    Tyrath said:
    Pawain said:

If you are referring to me I really post very little and when I do post it is because I am not in a position where I can be playing :)  Even though I could play 23/7 I still have real life things like wiring in my 12v LED lighting system and adding in another 10KW of solar panels to add 25% more power to my overall power system. Hard to play UO sitting up on the array but not hard to post on a forum ;)
    Really, I was referring to Popps.  I see you play.  You can take weeks off and still do what it takes to get stuff you want.
    Pawain said:
    Tyrath said:
    Pawain said:

Really, I was referring to Popps.  I see you play.  You can take weeks off and still do what it takes to get stuff you want.

Yeah I knew that lol but Popps does have a valid point here even if it at best semi applies to himself.  I approached it like and average player on Origin this week and only been farming deceit for a hour or two per day. Mainly because I am suffering severe deceit burnout from Siege and LS :)

Rotating between a tamer with a bushi hiryu (Not a great choice of pet there BTW on a boat training up a Naja for FWW build right now, it should be much better for the PEs) and macer with a decent imbued dex suit.  No leet pvm suits and no max luck suits don't even know if luck effects these drop rates anyway..  But 110 and 115 skills on the macer and I am doing alright on drops but it is 4-6 per hour so just call it a average of 5 if I did this 2 hours every day for 30 days it would amount to 300 drops which for what I want on origin that will cover it.  But even using marginal characters, I still have the knowledge of how to get the biggest bang fer the buck out of them.  Just observing many others play they don't have that experience or knowledge and are getting according to them 1-3 drops per hour.

I will get bored of playing noob and break out the big guns on Origin and take 2-3 days to grind out what I want at the 20-30 per hour drop rate. LOL already bought the sovs to buy the pots to get into the big drop numbers with the characters that can clear mobs in seconds. At the end of the day it is a numbers game and the more numbers you kill per hour the more drops you get, the more hours you can grind the more rewards you get. 

It is the age old Unlimited time power gamer VS the Limited Time Casual Player and the bias and advantage going to the power gamer.  LOL even if you are beyond bad at UO but invest 23 hours per day at it yer going to have a huge advantage here over the limited time player even if that player is 10,000X better than you. 

BTW I finally got the spare compassion tile on LS if you are still looking for one.  Free Only reason I have been collecting them and running that quest is to help a few folks complete sets.......... It deco and deco ain't my thing :)
    edited October 2020
    There is someone asking for compassion tile. I forget who.  I have 2 sets and am done! Made a bunch of new toons stuck 100 melee skills on them used a Dragons end and a repond slayer and did the quests easily.
    Speaking of which, popps stopped doing that one cause sage was too difficult to get for him.

But, I would be fine with this lasting longer but, we already have Halloween stuff going on, the Black Gate is still going on. We still have four complete weeks for this event.  But, we have 2 more events this year. I do not know how time consuming those will be. So, IMO end this as scheduled and move on.
    edited October 2020
    Pawain said:
    There is someone asking for compassion tile. I forget who.  I have 2 sets and am done! Made a bunch of new toons stuck 100 melee skills on them used a Dragons end and a repond slayer and did the quests easily.
    Speaking of which, popps stopped doing that one cause sage was too difficult to get for him.

But, I would be fine with this lasting longer but, we already have Halloween stuff going on, the Black Gate is still going on. We still have four complete weeks for this event.  But, we have 2 more events this year. I do not know how time consuming those will be. So, IMO end this as scheduled and move on.
    Actually, I had to stop to gather the Deceit drops.... since I am not a scripter, I cannot do both things at once in my in-game time...

And it does take some time to do the 8 steps Quest for each character.... time which is then taken away from being able to get drops in Deceit....

Another hell of a good reason to extend the duration of the Treasures of the Undead Lords Event with their drops and Rewards OR, make it possible to use the drops from the next Event to still claim the Deceit's Event Rewards.......

By the way, until when will it be possible to do the Quest for the stones ?
    Pawain said:

As I said in another thread and you elude to here.......... Too much in the same time frame.  LOL they need to learn how to spread butter around a bit on the bread.
This discussion has been closed.