Vendors not selling items because they cannot hold more gold... can something be done, please ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,974

Dear @Kyronix

there is some Vendors who have reached their gold limit for what they can hold and, consequently, even though they have items in their inventory proced to sell, buyers cannot buy them.

Would it be possible to find a way to "free" the ability for these Vendors to sell the items that they are still holding (perhaps the gold from the sale can go to that character's account, rather then to the vendor's ?) so that players interested in buying them can actually buy them ?

Thank you.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,304
    Some players do this as a way for the vendor to hold items as an extra storage.  I have found vendors with prices below the going rate and when you try to purchase the item you can not.  Have paged many time and nothing is done.  Item should be sold and the gold received should be deleted.  They are abusing the system.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,974
    edited May 23
    Indeed, they are a disruption to the market when they have items up for sale (but that cannot be sold because the Vendor is at gold limit hold) that are marked below going price since in the Vendor Search it does not show up that those items are unsellable YET, players searching will still see them up for sale at a low price and so might disregard same items but actually sellable because the Vendor is below gold limit holding priced at a higher price which is actually NOT a higher price if one considers that those items priced cheaper then theirs cannot actually be purchased because the Vendor that sells them reached the gold limit that it can hold.

Please, @Kyronix , do something to free up the sale of these items.

Thank you.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,224
    Those items would have been bought a long time ago @popps.  You are not missing anything. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 940
    how does he have the time for this random nonsense?

1. Supposed to be collecting event hats
    2. Has such limited game time that he wastes here

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,380
    There is a very simple way to make these items purchasable, it requires no developer intervention. It just needs the vendor owner to transfer the gold to his bank. Since the vendor owner hasn't done this a logical thinker will realise that the items are deliberately unavailable. 

Posting here will achieve absolutely nothing, unless you're in favour of GMs being authorised to delete the gold the vendors are holding?

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 841
    edited May 23

If the items are a) highly desirable, b) the lowest "advertised" price in vendor search, c) cannot be purchased, ... a possibility is the vendor is trying to drive the prices down.  (since sellers will consult the lowest listed prices).

Like the suggestion to avoid the seller provided description for vendor search text searches, a suggestion here is to simply not list items in vendor search results when they cannot (vendor holding too much gold) be purchased (like when the item has already been sold).

On the other hand, in the real world, it'd be pretty strange for a merchant to decline a sale, citing "my balance is too high", or "I have too much money".
    There is a very simple way to make these items purchasable, it requires no developer intervention. It just needs the vendor owner to transfer the gold to his bank. Since the vendor owner hasn't done this a logical thinker will realise that the items are deliberately unavailable. 

Posting here will achieve absolutely nothing, unless you're in favour of GMs being authorised to delete the gold the vendors are holding?

I see it this way... Vendors have been created to sell items.

A Vendor that is "stuck" because it cannot sell an item it holds with a price for sale because its pockets are "full" defies its existance purpose.

Hence, to my opinion, the issue should be addressed by the Developers to rectify this wrong and make the item actually available for sale by redirecting the gold used to purchase directly to that account's bank, thus bypassing entirely the Vendor's pocket if already at limit of what it can hold.

The gold is not lost, the item is sold (as it should be), and the Vendor again meets its purpose to be a Vendor selling items.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 940
    popps said:

I see it this way... 
    No-one cares how you see it, least of all the devs

suck it up, and stop being cheap.

What you trying to buy anyway?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,815
    The devs could raise the gold limit to 9 quintillion (9,223,372,036,854,775,807 or 2^63 - 1).  That should make it hard for any player to block the sale of items.

If a vendor is full of gold. When someone buys a item, the gold should just go poof?

@popps if the devs wanted a higher limit they could change it at any time.  Obviously they do not, so play the parts of the game that works for you.  Those items would have been gone long ago if the limit was higher. You would not have seen them.
    This has happeneded to me before.  I took the next higher price items.  Less stress and wasting of your precious time posting here.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 141
    I know it's fun to beat on Popps but this seems like an actual issue I wouldn't mind seeing corrected.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,451
    Working as intended 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,101

This seems like item 988766 on the priority list 
    Funny how so many people are supporting players using exploits to store things on vendors.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 944
    just add a warning message to vendor owners when their gold is within 20% of their limit, and after ~30 days, excess gold will be deleted, and items bought from those vendors should be sold to their respective buyers as it should from any other vendor.

gold needs to be deleted from the game somehow.  two-birds with one stone, get people paying closer attention (don't kid yourself, it's definitely used for more storage in some cases) and/or remove gold from the game at the same time.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Funny how so many people are supporting players using exploits to store things on vendors.
    Like using them to store thousands of BODs?
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 537
    Looks like Popps found that one vendor with a ton of really underpriced Shadow Runic Hammers, but none of them can be bought because the vendor is at gold limit.
    edited May 25
    Pawain said:
    To my knowledge, that has been indicated, in Meet the Devs meetings (and perhaps also in posts on the Forums) as a valid and legit way to store Bulk Order Deeds by the Developers.

Mind you, I'd much rather prefer, as many other UO players collecting BODs would also like and have asked over the years, to see full BOD books counting only as 1 item rather then as 100 and being thus able to keep them within a House or in the bank box...
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,101
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    To my knowledge, that has been indicated, in Meet the Devs meetings (and perhaps also in posts on the Forums) as a valid and legit way to store Bulk Order Deeds by the Developers.

Mind you, I'd much rather prefer, as many other UO players collecting BODs would also like and have asked over the years, to see full BOD books counting only as 1 item rather then as 100 and being thus able to keep them within a House or in the bank box...
    So you're admitting it's a valid way to store things unless you want those things then it's a bug you want fixed? @popps @Lord_Frodo
    edited May 25
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

So you're admitting it's a valid way to store things unless you want those things then it's a bug you want fixed? @ popps @ Lord_Frodo
    Not things, but specifically Bulk Order Deeds, stop.

The Developers, to my understanding, have indicated it as a legit way to store Bulk Order Deeds, not other items.

Besides, these other items have a price, and are marked up for sale, they do not sell not because the item is not for sale, but because the Vendor has reached a limit of the gold it can hold... it is an entire different issue, to my opinion, it is not possible to compare items up for sale and with a price not selling because the Vendor has reached the limit of the gold it can hold with Vendors holding BODs for (indicated as legit) storage.
    boxes baskets bags backpacks chest barrels and others can all be stored on vendors for storage
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,380
    Yes, this player is being an a***, and yes it's annoying, but are there enough people doing this to warrant development time to prevent it? Taking time away from something else?  I think the answer to that is probably not. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,894
    edited May 25
    Yes, this player is being an a***, and yes it's annoying, but are there enough people doing this to warrant development time to prevent it? Taking time away from something else?  I think the answer to that is probably not. 

And think about the possibility of losing everything on a vendor or all your gold going to a black hole. I can see a lot of problems that could pop up that may not be reversible. do what i do with that vendor: memorize the location and move on. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

It's all academic anyway, it's not like the developers do anything.
    Pawain said:
    That is LEGAL as stated by UO DEVs, but that is ok you just keep on supporting cheaters.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,701
    I also agree. If you recall to a vendor and you can't buy an item. Then that vendor should automatically be opted out of vendor search. The owner should not be taking advantage of this.

I can see why popps is complaining about this. I have also complained about this in the past too. And people just blew off my request then. 

It is a problem when the same person has been doing this for years. Intentionally having people to come check out their vendor and then no sale. On Atlantic I complained about the one East of Yew moongate and people in General Chat said that it has been that way for years. This was a couple years ago, so that owner has been doing it for over 4 years. I won't go to any houses in that area because of this. (I did dig up a treasure map a couple months ago near there and found one vendor house that had stuff for sale that I could purchase. If it wasn't for digging up a map there, I wouldn't have shopped in that area because of it.)

They also do this with safes. You have to recall to the safe to see how much they are selling it for and then when you get there, it isn't for sale at all. This should also be opted out of vendor search. 

If you recall to a vendor and you can't buy an item. Then that vendor should automatically be opted out of vendor search.
    This is a simple reasonable change that should be easy to implement. Couple lines of code.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,894
    If you recall to a vendor and you can't buy an item. Then that vendor should automatically be opted out of vendor search.
    This is a simple reasonable change that should be easy to implement. Couple lines of code.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

:D
This discussion has been closed.