Dev Team Recommendations : Low Hanging Fruit

124»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    If you fight them in a group you get 1 to 3 arties per Captain.  Don't hit the Lighthouse till you have to and you can get 40 or more in a city spawn per player.

Single player gets 1 per capt.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    If you fight them in a group you get 1 to 3 arties per Captain.  Don't hit the Lighthouse till you have to and you can get 40 or more in a city spawn per player.

Wow, there is reason to gather an army for this then. OK thanks!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited March 2021
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:

Wow, there is reason to gather an army for this then. OK thanks!

As you are currently asking, and as my 12 yr old made this for fun 2 days ago, yes, there is an absolute reason to gather an army for this. In 3 hours, our guild got about 700 minax arties, myself and my 2 boys got 250, which meant we were able to equip both gargs with crimsons {1 boy left early, and guild didn't show up with full team until later in - but the drop rate is solid}.

In my mind, Blackthorns is one of the best contents for actually rewarding effort and group play. It's not random. For example, I've never had a Cameo, or Slither drop. Yesterday 1 of my guildies got 2 Cameo's...! {I hate RNG, RNG hates me...}

Enjoy the vid. :)

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    They destroy any template fast. They are made for a group. They are just like shrine battles. I take GM skilled warrior toons to those. 
    @ Pawain
    I checked the Blackthorn Artifacts in the wiki, last update did not mention about the new captains.

Are the rewards from the captains the usual red blackthorn drops that are used for exchanging the major arties? Is it a sure drop for killing a captain? Even 1v1 is very hard to kill using a sampire. It takes quite some time just to get one minor item.

The captains aren't new, they've been there since the dungeon was first added. However when the Fellowship changes to the dungeon removed all other spawn it wasn't clear to me how long the change would last. Now that we know the dungeon will remain as is for some time I will edit the page for the dungeon accordingly.
    edited March 2021
    @Mariah
    Thanks! I think its because I have never done these before. The first time I fight them was at the shrine battle. 

Nice video! I like the gargoyle throwers, and now I am thinking of making one.
    edited March 2021
    Seth said:
    @ Mariah
    Thanks! I think its because I have never done these before. The first time I fight them was at the shrine battle. 

@ Cookie 
    Nice video! I like the gargoyle throwers, and now I am thinking of making one.

:)

I made the Garg Parry Throwers for my boys to get into the game, they are rock solid, good damage from close and ranged, they actually like using boomerangs for the up close speed ( @kyronix - more Slayer boomerangs please :)  ), they don't mind taking damage, basically the characters are very versatile, can tank, do damage, do Champion spawns, survive a bit of pvp, I've done Deceit and Ice events on them, Blackthorns, Exodus, they are just really relaxing to play for all basic grinding. I had to go and make one myself I enjoyed them so much, I was lucky on their ones, I managed to get the SSI shoulders,  Boots of Escaping and First Aid Belt ! etc from the events - we also farmed Stygian for Berserkers Breastplate, and Clean-up points for Soldiers Medal, and got Storm Callers, so they are very well equipped. And now they've got Blackthorns Crimsons! The rest of the gear was crafted by a guildy in Verite Plate going for Stamina.

Up until then, I was used to using long ranged chivalry Garg throwers, but I changed the mold for these - took Chiv off, and put Parry on, and they are a lot of fun, the close range ability and speed of weapon make them great to play.

Cookie said:

:)

I made the Garg Parry Throwers for my boys to get into the game, they are rock solid, good damage from close and ranged, they actually like using boomerangs for the up close speed ( @ kyronix - more Slayer boomerangs please :)  ), they don't mind taking damage, basically the characters are very versatile, can tank, do damage, do Champion spawns, survive a bit of pvp, I've done Deceit and Ice events on them, Blackthorns, Exodus, they are just really relaxing to play for all basic grinding. I had to go and make one myself I enjoyed them so much, I was lucky on their ones, I managed to get the SSI shoulders,  Boots of Escaping and First Aid Belt ! etc from the events - we also farmed Stygian for Berserkers Breastplate, and Clean-up points for Soldiers Medal, and got Storm Callers, so they are very well equipped. And now they've got Blackthorns Crimsons! The rest of the gear was crafted by a guildy in Verite Plate going for Stamina.

Up until then, I was used to using long ranged chivalry Garg throwers, but I changed the mold for these - took Chiv off, and put Parry on, and they are a lot of fun, the close range ability and speed of weapon make them great to play.

And there is no need to worry about keeping arrows.
    I don't think its easy to get good gear for Gargoyles, but will add this to my to do list for a Garg Parry Thrower.

@Theo sorry for hijacking this thread :D
    edited March 2021
    Seth said:

I don't think its easy to get good gear for Gargoyles, but will add this to my to do list for a Garg Parry Thrower.

@ Theo sorry for hijacking this thread :D

No arrows, no mounts (and at a time where Vet Rewards are being deleted rapidly at IDOCS, Ethereal mounts are more and more scarce and expensive), yes, again why I was using these for new players, they also came up through EJ accounts to fully subscribed for all the detractors of EJ accounts.

My guildmates with archers burn through so many trillions of arrows it is unbelievable, especially on the huge event grinds. But, I think archers have upper end game advantages, more weapons, more specials, stronger pvp abilities, but I like the simplicity of these. But I'd still like a Boomerang Slayer set, say like Blackthorns Kryss set. Something more on the weapon front for Gargs.

We have not completely derailed the thread, and I'm always giving them more ideas for stuff we could use. :)

From what I'm getting from Kyronix's main response though, is we are best off trying to get new content within the Dynamic events, and I'm ok with that.

edited March 2021
    Cookie said:
    Seth said:

@ Theo sorry for hijacking this thread :D

No arrows, no mounts (and at a time where Vet Rewards are being deleted rapidly at IDOCS, Ethereal mounts are more and more scarce and expensive), yes, again why I was using these for new players, they also came up through EJ accounts to fully subscribed for all the detractors of EJ accounts.

My guildmates with archers burn through so many trillions of arrows it is unbelievable, especially on the huge event grinds. But, I think archers have upper end game advantages, more weapons, more specials, stronger pvp abilities, but I like the simplicity of these. But I'd still like a Boomerang Slayer set, say like Blackthorns Kryss set. Something more on the weapon front for Gargs.

We have not completely derailed the thread, and I'm always giving them more ideas for stuff we could use. :)

From what I'm getting from Kyronix's main response though, is we are best off trying to get new content within the Dynamic events, and I'm ok with that.

I think you are right, I am also fine that as long as future events have items that are not just cosmetic but good functional or game changers. It will not be realistic to have too many of such items in the game. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    @Cookie i think you explained before but if you run parry on your thrower they can use shields without the penalty to throwing?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    @ Cookie i think you explained before but if you run parry on your thrower they can use shields without the penalty to throwing?

Correct, I had to ask a lot of questions, and in fact gamble on the entire template and build it to test it, before I knew if it worked or not.

At 0 Parry, you effectively have an Infinite penalty to Throwing if you equip a shield, this is what most players notice, and comment back on, and it puts all players off, and they think it is an impossibility.

At 120 Parry, you take a 10% (Is what I was finally told by someone), HCI penalty to Throwing. I didn't know how this would feel, or if it would be playable, but I went for it, and in the end, was actually really pleased with how it worked.

The 10% is not a statistic I have been able to find written down anywhere, no-one was able to answer me, until 1 player came along and said "it's clearly this, and everyone knows this" and I was thinking, well I don't know anyone who ever knew this, and I've never found it written down, the mechanics of how this works.

But it is working for me, is all I can say, and with faster boomerangs, it is very cool

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    With regards to jewelry mods. You would think when you loot an item, especially if it said Legendary on it, it would have been an item that belonged to a particular person/entity and that the mods would have been designed with that entity in mind. So the mods would all be related/useful as a whole. Yes it's great to find that +20 magery ring/bracelet, but it's dumbfounding to see it with +20% HCI, the same goes for that nearly perfect warrior/dexxer item with perplexing mods. I"m not saying everything should be perfect when you get it, but introduce a vet reward or high priced item that lets us remove unwanted mods, especially from jewelry.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Cookie said:
    McDougle said:
    @ Cookie i think you explained before but if you run parry on your thrower they can use shields without the penalty to throwing?

Correct, I had to ask a lot of questions, and in fact gamble on the entire template and build it to test it, before I knew if it worked or not.

At 0 Parry, you effectively have an Infinite penalty to Throwing if you equip a shield, this is what most players notice, and comment back on, and it puts all players off, and they think it is an impossibility.

At 120 Parry, you take a 10% (Is what I was finally told by someone), HCI penalty to Throwing. I didn't know how this would feel, or if it would be playable, but I went for it, and in the end, was actually really pleased with how it worked.

The 10% is not a statistic I have been able to find written down anywhere, no-one was able to answer me, until 1 player came along and said "it's clearly this, and everyone knows this" and I was thinking, well I don't know anyone who ever knew this, and I've never found it written down, the mechanics of how this works.

But it is working for me, is all I can say, and with faster boomerangs, it is very cool

I stuck with my glavines and have noticed no problem!!
    One item to consider for new reward is specification eraser.

Same function as whetstone, but this can allow us to remove one spec on an existing item.

I am thinking of those expensive imbued items that was done wrong, obsoleted due to new changes, etc.

So those 99% useless artifacts can be used in exchange for functional items such as this. Does not have to be a new artifact that need to consider balancing.

Just a suggestion.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I like this idea ^
    dvvid said:
    I like this idea ^

Thanks, it is a harmless (no risk of balancing issue) and allow us to salvage some of those expensive +10 SSI jewels, 100% HML weapons, etc that have gone wrong. It would be best if it can remove imbue and start all over again esp. when we forgot to POF before imbuing :#
    pet reset too !
    McDougle said:
    pet reset too !

Vote +1
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Just my 2 cents but both of those options have overpowered listed all over them and are far from harmless. All it really does is water down the game to make things easier for you while making it super easy for the people who know how to already get those items.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Seth said:
    @ Kyronix
    One item to consider for new reward is specification eraser.

Same function as whetstone, but this can allow us to remove one spec on an existing item.

I am thinking of those expensive imbued items that was done wrong, obsoleted due to new changes, etc.

So those 99% useless artifacts can be used in exchange for functional items such as this. Does not have to be a new artifact that need to consider balancing.

Just a suggestion.
    Would this also include the Brittle and like tags on all the uber gear out there?  Not sure about this if it would be a good thing or a bad thing.  Would there be a limit on the number of time this could be used on an item?  You would need to come up with a more detailed description.

A Whetstone removes only the damage increase from crafted equipment so it is very specific where what you are proposing is an all encompassing tool that can remove any property you pick.