Endless Journey, how about a new Fel beginning

Excuse the 1st April timing.

Free and even paid character transfers from shards have ruined the economy of pretty much every current shard. Mainly from people farming power scrolls on non competitive shards and shipping them to Atlantic. Years of script miners in trammel have made most resources fairly worthless to gather.

It’s time for a non transferable fel only shard with item insurance.

People will say, “but if people wanted fel they would play in fel”, but it doesn’t really work like that. People play in trammel because you can. 

A fel only shard would make every single resource valuable and really create a new and better economy and a different experience for players. I think it would attract a lot more people than endless journey even.

Also, creating a new shard should not affect those players that would not wish to play it. I am not saying to delete the current shards. 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• Nope you are wrong. Siege and Mugen are the offer for thoose guys.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Nope you are wrong. Siege and Mugen are the offer for thoose guys.
    But they don't have insurance. 
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    And no recall  :(
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I am interested to know, even if this concept doesn't interest you, how/why would it affect you if there was a fel shard? Why wiould you, if you had the power to, vito it?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2018
    Mervyn said:
    ...People will say, “but if people wanted fel they would play in fel”, but it doesn’t really work like that. People play in trammel because you can... 

You seem to have provided your own answer. A new shard running a Fel ruleset with all the Trammel shards still there, won't people just play on the Trammel shards? I like the idea generally speaking, but it seems like we'd run into the same problem Shard vs. Shard as Facet vs. Facet.

Personally, I'm fine with the Dev team introducing any new shard running any rule-set they want.

As for affecting existing players, there is some aspect of draw-off where you might pull people from existing shards, further decreasing populations, but that may be negligible.

I think the bigger problem is that you say "introduce a Fel shard with insurance" and a bunch of people are going to come in here saying Fel isn't Fel with insurance and if you introduce a shard like that, you have to introduce a Fel shard without insurance. Then someone else will want something slightly different, etc. and we're down the rabbit hole.

-Arroth
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    edited April 2018
    Ok I get it.

Siege and Mugen are to hard for the average Fel player?
    Those who want the risk of being PK'd out their or want to have fun PKing? 

You're looking for something more watered down that has Insurance so you don't loose your stuff and the ability to recall so you can get away without being followed. 

This is starting to sound a lot like what those Fel players call Trammie talk. 

*tips his hat and takes another sip of his Good Old Moonglow Red*

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    And people scream to merge the "DEAD SHARDS" that they are just waisting resources and now here we have another proposal that will only cater to a select few and creating another "DEAD SHARD" and use even more resources.  Every shard has a Fel with insurance why do we need another one.
  • Ok I get it.

Siege and Mugen are to hard for the average Fel player?
    Those who want the risk of being PK'd out their or want to have fun PKing? 

You're looking for something more watered down that has Insurance so you don't loose your stuff and the ability to recall so you can get away without being followed. 

This is starting to sound a lot like what those Fel players call Trammie talk. 

*tips his hat and takes another sip of his Good Old Moonglow Red*

Nail on head. 
    AMEN
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    I like the idea of removing shard transfer tokens to improve the economy. I don't think another shard being added will help, people don't wanna start everything over again. 
    I like the idea of removing shard transfer tokens to improve the economy. I don't think another shard being added will help, people don't wanna start everything over again. 
    The damage was done long ago and closing the barn door does nothing considering all the cows left and are on the BBQ.  Taking away Xfers and SS would only add more straws to an already strained camels back.
  • DM_WyvernDM_Wyvern Posts: 31
    edited April 2018

I actually wouldn't mind a non transferable, Fel rule set shard with item insurance (or one randomized item that could be looted) 

As many Siege players have pointed out, the lack of item insurance has forced most players on that shard to store away their best equipment out of fear it might get robbed. Not really an ideal way to experience the game, I would argue. 
    The idea is not really for you existing players, but to bring in old players who left as they felt the game was getting too trammelised.

So i guess i am preaching to the wrong crowd.

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Mervyn said:
    The idea is not really for you existing players, but to bring in old players who left as they felt the game was getting too trammelised.

What exactly would people do on that shard?  Would anyone who wants to just play a resource gatherer or a crafter have enough business over time (because of insurance) to make it worth their while to stay?  Would the shard use the RoT skill gain system as on Siege and Mugen?   Would you be able to have more than one character per account?
    I guess I'm trying to ask whether your vision is for a shard like any "production" shard except that the whole thing is subject to normal Fel rules and the land mass is the same as Mugen's, or would it be like Siege (same smaller land mass) and Abyss ruleset other than for insurance?
    Margrette said:
    I guess I'm trying to ask whether your vision is for a shard like any "production" shard except that the whole thing is subject to normal Fel rules and the land mass is the same as Mugen's, or would it be like Siege (same smaller land mass) and Abyss ruleset other than for insurance?
    My vision is for a shard with the current trammel landmass to be fel ruleset (so you could then delete all the fel duplicates), that way you’d retain all of the content. I guess you’d probably have to keep the fel lost lands with the champs and delete the trammel lost lands. 

Having only 1 char slot would not work, you’d require the full 7 char slots. Since the shard would be non transferable I don’t see why they wouldn’t allow people to have a house there as well as on a normal prodo shard. 

I imagine crafters/resource gatherers would have an easier time making profit than on prodo shards as their resources will be considerably more valuable. 

Lets think about things, a lot of resource gathering is do able in guardzones. And if not, there’s an awful lot of land out there, it’s unlikely you’ll be disturbed by reds chopping a tree in the wilderness. But if you were, you’d simply adapt your templates and perhaps add hiding/stealth to your crafters. People are very inventive when they need to be. 

• I have a better idea, take the OP's idea and tweak Siege and Mugen.  I think that would be freakin awesome!  Heck Sis and I would play there!  Oh and between the two of us we have seven accounts. Siege as it is now isn't all that fun.  I have logged out in a "supposed" safe zone only to log into my char later and she's dead.  Upon rezzing she's nekkid too.  I think as a tweak the OP's idea has real merit.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074

@Kyronix @Bleak

Please do this and remove Fel from the other shards and put powerscrolls in Brittania.

The 2% will finally have a place to play and we wont have to hear their complaints.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Mervyn said:

When those people left there was no insurance.
    Pawain said:

@ Kyronix   @ Bleak

Please do this and remove Fel from the other shards and put powerscrolls in Brittania.

The 2% will finally have a place to play and we wont have to hear their complaints.
    Do this but keep Fel just get rid of the Fel Rule set on all shards but Seige, Mugen and SeigeNot.  Give them one way transfers and let them have all the fun they want.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    Bilbo said:
    Pawain said:

@ Kyronix   @ Bleak

Do this but keep Fel just get rid of the Fel Rule set on all shards but Seige, Mugen and SeigeNot.  Give them one way transfers and let them have all the fun they want.
    Ya there are houses and the Magencia pet vendors.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2018
    Mervyn said:
    Margrette said:
    My vision is for a shard with the current trammel landmass to be fel ruleset (so you could then delete all the fel duplicates), that way you’d retain all of the content. I guess you’d probably have to keep the fel lost lands with the champs and delete the trammel lost lands. 

Having only 1 char slot would not work, you’d require the full 7 char slots. Since the shard would be non transferable I don’t see why they wouldn’t allow people to have a house there as well as on a normal prodo shard. 

I imagine crafters/resource gatherers would have an easier time making profit than on prodo shards as their resources will be considerably more valuable. 

Lets think about things, a lot of resource gathering is do able in guardzones. And if not, there’s an awful lot of land out there, it’s unlikely you’ll be disturbed by reds chopping a tree in the wilderness. But if you were, you’d simply adapt your templates and perhaps add hiding/stealth to your crafters. People are very inventive when they need to be. 

You lose some content if you get rid of the "Trammel" land mass, e.g., the entrance to the Underworld.  (It's in the Demon Temple on Siege.)  And deleting that extra, large landmass would definitely cut down on resource-gathering in guard zones.   As on Siege, it also would make castles and keeps and Magincia housing more valuable.

I'm not sure crafters/resource gatherers would have an easier time making a profit as most of them (other than the lucky few who get a Magincia plot and plots close to the Zento and Luna walls and a couple of moongates), would end up with houses that are not accessible from a guard zone and therefore would be at a disadvantage if they join the shard after those spots have been taken.  Also, without RoT for skill gains, training crafting skills would become much more expensive and time-consuming.   And with players having all of their items insured, there would definitely be less demand for crafter-created items.  I assume you'd also want VvV, so that, too, would put a dent in the demand for crafter-created items.
    I thought Siege had all the land masses that prodo shards do only they are all Fel ruleset.  Just copy Siege and allow insurance and do not give them anything else and lets see how many people go there.
    edited April 2018
    Bilbo said:
    I thought Siege had all the land masses that prodo shards do only they are all Fel ruleset.  Just copy Siege and allow insurance and do not give them anything else and lets see how many people go there.
    No, Siege is missing the "Trammel" land mass.  (Mugen has it, however.)

There are other differences between Siege/Mugen and other shards.  To name just a few:
    1. You can only have one character per account.
    2. Nothing is insurable. You can "Siege bless" one item and use clothing bless deeds on clothing items that don't have magical properties.
    3. Crafted spellbooks are not blessed.  However, there are some "event" spellbooks with mods on them that are inexplicably blessed.
    4. NPCs don't do skill training.
    5. Mugen has the newbie character quests and accelerated skill gain area in Haven; Siege does not.
    6. Items purchased from NPCs cost 3X what they cost on other shards.
    7. Many items you can purchase from NPCs in lots up to 500 on other shards and at an increasing cost (e.g., small gems) can only be purchased on Siege/Mugen in smaller quantities, starting at 20 and doubling over time as they refill up to a maximum of 1000.  
    8. NPCs don't buy items from players.
    9. You can't recall or use sacred journey spells.
    10. You can't inviz yourself when using the taming skill.
    11. Telekinesis spell won't open locked containers.
    12. Failing to place a trap causes more damage than on other shards.
    13. Tools like scissors, axes used for cutting lumber, bladed weapons used for cutting leather or kindling, crooks used for herding, and fishing poles have a limited number of uses before they disappear.
    14. Arms lore skill gives a greater bonus to resists on exceptionally crafted armor and to damage increase on weapons than on other shards.
    15. There's no passive detect hidden.
    16. The Rate over Time system applies to skill gains past 70.0.  There is a cap (can't remember what it is) on stat gains per day.
    17. Aggressive dark wisps inhabit forested areas.
    18. The Underworld entrance is in the daemon temple and there is no volcano on the Isle of Fire.
    19. I don't think there's any equivalent to the Haven mine on Siege.
    20. You can't character copy a character on Siege or Mugen to Test Center.
    21. You can't transfer a character from Siege or Mugen to any other shard (including NO transfers between Siege and Mugen).
    22. There are no double resources for gathering resources anywhere on Siege or Mugen.
    23. I'm not sure where you fish on Siege for yellowtail barracuda.
    24. Push-through applies on the whole shard.
    25. Non-consensual PvP applies on the whole shard.
    26. If you want to train bushido skill, you'll need jewelry with bushido skill on it to even start unless you set it as one of your starting skills because there are no low-level bushido moves and you can't train it from an NPC.
    27. I believe characters created with the "paladin" template on Siege start on Ocllo and there is no way for them to get off the island on their own.
    28. I believe there are no artifact or equipment rewards available on Siege or Mugen if your character is in Vice vs. Virtue.
    29. Exceptionally-crafted tools have more uses than on other shards.
    30. NPCs don't sell cloth or bandages.
    TYVM @Margrette
    @Margrette you didn’t read my post correctly, I didn’t say to get rid of the trammel land mass, I said to convert the current trammel land mass to fel, then delete fel, so you don’t lose content. 

Mervyn said:
    @ Margrette you didn’t read my post correctly, I didn’t say to get rid of the trammel land mass, I said to convert the current trammel land mass to fel, then delete fel, so you don’t lose content. 
    Not sure why you would need to go to all that work.  Mugen has the same land mass as every other shard, except Siege.   Yes, it means more area to cover if you're looking for PvP opportunities, but it would allow for more housing, more areas for resource-gathering, more areas for treasure hunting, etc.
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    Mervyn said:
    I am interested to know, even if this concept doesn't interest you, how/why would it affect you if there was a fel shard? Why wiould you, if you had the power to, vito it?
    Limited Dev resources, i'd rather them focus their efforts where the majority of the players play (ie the Trammel ruleset).
    Oh so you’d rather they spend time making multicoloured unicorns than get more subscribers by spending 3 and half mins to open a new shard? 
    Yeah makes sense 

• North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    i dont see the allure. i wouldnt mind seeing fel ruleset copies of doom, abyss, underword, ter mur, eodon, etc on the prodo shards, but i think a pure fel shard would have a couple weeks of novelty value then flatline.