Suggestion for Returnees and New Players, Dev's please read

2»

Comments

• SabbySabby Posts: 10
    edited October 2019
    I would like to bring up something. Basically my opinion of something. Playing UO from 97 to 05 on Baja. Before I use to be in a pvp guild and do spawns all the time. I admit I sucked at PvP, but was use to playing Tamer mage template. I started to get hang of pvp, but with to much going on in game especially larger guilds taking over and wanted to devote more to real life I left. We came back last march and had to stop playing for a few months, but came back in July non stop. The people we where playing with keep leaving. The problem is we never did get to level our characters up to 120's and stat scrolls. We can do spawns just 2 of us, but every time we have a new few players bring back pking and kill us every time, last time even taking my pads of cu side. The pk group has crap loads of money and frankly don't care. The point is we cant get those scrolls and level to 120 like everyone else and at least make the gameplay fair, and we cant do doom and we cant do some of the harder bosses without a group. I refuse to pay a lot of RL money on UO when we should be able to get those items free. So imagine any new player coming in this game with 1000 gold or whatever and not have anything. The new player will not be able to get those 120 scrolls or artifacts to at last even up gameplay unless they can find a good group to help them and good luck with that on Baja and some of the shards, because your basically on your own. Sad to say I feel like leaving again.  The developers should at least consider that with high level bosses and pvp they need to make the scrolls available to everyone. Basically I just needed to get some 120's and a level 3 taming mastery book, because I don't have the 20 million.  I haven't been able to even spawn once since July.
  • @Sabby I feel your pain and wished more people like you would post so that it would become more apparent.

I would love to ask for the powerscrolls to be offered from a different route, but the last time I did that-- years ago, everyone really freaked out. I'm not sure how the majority feels about it now, but I do know there's a ton of tamers that would probably agree.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    110s & 105s are now available in treasure chests, so there is a crack in the wall.

But Nothing as essential as powerscrolls should be only available through one play style (PVP champ spawner).

Conspiracy theory: if 120 were available in more places (non fel) what would the web sites sell?
  • Yeah, and I know there's scroll binders as well.
    • Powerscrolls (Felucca Only, All packages except Artisan, Cache and above)
      • Skill is based on package and level is based on chest quality up to +10

Tim said:
    110s & 105s are now available in treasure chests, so there is a crack in the wall.

But Nothing as essential as powerscrolls should be only available through one play style (PVP champ spawner).

Conspiracy theory: if 120 were available in more places (non fel) what would the web sites sell?
    What website? Player ran sites? Many games like wow dont let you sell stuff for RL money unless its whole accounts. Unless its through them. Besides the rares and event items are worth more, but how can they expect new players and returning players to be able to fight bosses with just 100 skill level. The treasure maps we did about 60 and got 5 110s and rest was 105s. The binders ask a ridiculous amount of scrolls to be able to level up to 120 you would need 960 level 5 scrolls.
  • He's talking about the gold seller websites that also sell in-game items. For powerscrolls, it wouldn't be good for the daily login reward. I'd say the only way it could be fixed at this point is to put them in the UO store itself with competitive prices or have them drop in all facet treasure chests.

There's some interesting posts in this thread you might want to check out (near the beginning and end) https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3930/pub-105-treasure-map-update-phase-i-see-new-thread/p8

I read it and I support items being in only fel. The problem I have is constantly being over ran by the same 3 with all 120s and artifacts and since returning I cant get those items. When you got 3 all 120s ganking up someone who is just trying to get the scrolls and mastery book to level up to everyone else. If they dont want to make it easier for everyone to level up to 120 without paying RL money then make all the bosses easier for everyone else to kill it.