Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *Bugs, Loot, and Guardian Mob Distribution Only*

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited April 2019
    Margrette said:
    I liked Arroth's way of organizing his spreadsheet so much that I stole the idea and applied it to mine.  Hopefully it helps make it more obvious what should and shouldn't be in each type of chest.  Anything in red shows an item that could have been part of the loot but wasn't.  There's also a tab (the 8th one, I think) that has screen shots of the randomly generated equipment items from the cache chests I've done.   You may have to change your browser's magnification level to see some of the screen shots more clearly.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17SHMAEYnwRJ1o6e_16ov9JKue0DnHi1FzHnxOt-bI8g/edit?usp=sharing

So, combining some of our data....

Scrolls of Alacrity from Stash: 2 out of 91 or 2% chance.
    Scrolls of Alacrity from Supply: 22 out of 86 or 25% chance.

TMap from Stash: 6 out of 91 or 6.5% chance.
    TMap from Supply: 6 out of 86 or 6.9% chance.

Hmm....seems low to me (except SoA Supply, 1 in 4 seems ok). That is, if these numbers are accurate. Closing in on 100 samples though, so we're probably getting a decent estimate.

Kyronix, any reason not to increase TMap's and SoA's a bit?

Suggestion:
    SoA Stash = 10%
    SoA Supply = 25%

TMap Stash = 10%
    TMap Supply = 25%

@ Margrette Glad to see ML ingredients dropping. I was thinking that since they are ingredients they would be found in the Artisan profession at higher levels (Supply, Cache, Hoard)? Seems strange to see them everywhere but Artisan. Also, I thought since ML dungeons are in so many facets, you'd get ingredients in more than just Malas (as in all the facets with ML dungeons). I'd also hoped you'd be able to target the peerless ingredient you wanted by going to the specific facet where the peerless spawned.

Guess we'll see what happens when Kyronix gets the next publish out.  

Glad to see Necro reagents dropping. (Malas makes sense since Necro's started out there.) Hopefully Mystic reagents are in Mage Stashes in Ter Mur. 

"Glad to see ML ingredients dropping.  I was thinking that since they are ingredients they would be found in the Artisan profession ......"

I thought too, that Mondain's Legacy Resources (both regular AND special) would have been found particularly and in larger quantity on Artisan's Treasure Chests....

I mean, it would make sense, right ? They are "Crafting" resources and, thus, needed by a Crafter....

Instead, it looks like that Artisans' Treasure Chests do not have them.... even in Magrette's Spreadsheet, though, I only saw them listed for Assassin, Barbarian and Warrior Stash Treasure Chests, not in any other Profession's or Level Chest....

Also, it is not clear from reading the Spreadsheet whether the Mondain's Legacy Resources found in the Chest were Regular AND Special or only "either" Regular OR Special....

Anyways, personally I think that the place for mondain's Legacy Resources (both the Regular AND the Special ones) is throughout all of the Artisans' Level Maps, of course, in different quantities depending on the Level of the Chest, but definitively, they should be found in all 5 Levels of Artisans' Treasure Chests....
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Arroth, I think it's SoTs that you get from the Stash chests.  So, yes, 2 out of 91 chances is pretty poor.

It's is strange that the only shard where you seem to get either essences or ML ingredients from Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior Stash-level chests is Malas.  Very strange.  I have not, however, tried any of those maps in Trammel, Fel, or Malas.  So maybe they spawn in Tokuno, Ter Mur, and Eodon in those chests?  I'm very confused regarding these particular drop items.

The drop rate for recipe scrolls in Artisan Supply and Cache chests seems to be extremely low.  I would like to see them as a potential item in Artisan Stash chests as well and the drop rate increased significantly.  I hate doing Heartwood quests because I don't have tons of resources and every time I go in there I figure someone thinks I'm a scripter, so I avoid the place.

The treasure maps as loot drop rate is very low and I am concerned about whether or not we will still be able to get them from sea monsters after this publish.  That is where I get most of my low-end maps. 

The drop rate of artifacts on Supply-level chests is very low too, as is the drop rate on Supply and Cache-level chests for utility items.  The only utility items I've seen drop yet are shield engraving tools.  What are the utility items for Assassins and Rangers?

From what I've seen from six Cache-level chests, the randomly generated equipment is nothing I will use.  The properties are poorly combined and the negative properties too prevalent.  I don't think I'll be able to do any Horde or Trove-level chests on TC and really anywhere else either.  I will not be using treasure chests as a possible source for useful equipment.  I don't really use them as such now, so I guess that's not going to be a change for me other than I liked to unravel and get a nice supply of imbuing ingredients.  Oh well.

I also don't expect to be doing Horde or Trove chests in Fel for power scrolls.  I won't be doing them anywhere else either as I usually play alone and I am not good at playing multiple characters at once.  I do it for Cache chests, but anything else is just too complicated to manage.

Overall, I'm not very happy with how things are turning out with the treasure chests.  And if we have to cram in more skills to have viable treasure hunters, I doubt I'll be doing any treasure hunting in the future.

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    popps said:
    Anyways, personally I think that the place for mondain's Legacy Resources (both the Regular AND the Special ones) is throughout all of the Artisans' Level Maps, of course, in different quantities depending on the Level of the Chest, but definitively, they should be found in all 5 Levels of Artisans' Treasure Chests....

I agree with putting them in Artisan maps, not sure how to divide it up though. 

When I read the patch notes I was figuring basic ingredients in Artisan Stash, with ML ingredients starting in Supply. Three common, three uncommon, and six peerless ML ingredients, so Supply, Cache, and Hoard, with peerless divided by facet. (Or this reversed to incentivize lower level chests.)

Boy was I wrong!

Thinking more about it, breaking ML ingredients up by facet and level would spread them out pretty thin, but it would make them individually targetable. 

Hmm...probably simpler to follow your suggestion and put all ML ingredients in all Artisan chests, with increasing amounts matching map level.

Have to wait and see what goes forward.

-Arroth
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2019
    Margrette said:
    Arroth, I think it's SoTs that you get from the Stash chests.  So, yes, 2 out of 91 chances is pretty poor.

I missed that those were SoT's. Yeah, 2% is a bit low to me. It looks like SoT in Stash and SoA in Supply though, so at least those are targetable. I can see not wanting a flood of SoT's, but still 1 in 10 chests would be fine. Probably still faster to get SoT's doing trade quests.

No idea what is up with ML ingredients or Essences. I wonder if Kyronix just didn't get them sorted out yet. You'd think Essences in Ter Mur eh?

TMaps definitely need a boost in drop rate. At least 1 in every 10 chests I would think.

Recipes again could be bumped to at least 1 in every 10 chests you dig up. Doesn't seem that would be overkill. 'Course, I was starting to throw away a lot of recipes.......

The "extras", like Mana Orbs and such seem to be less, but I can't tell if they are really less or just broken up across professions. Also, people are always asking for less junk, and quite frankly I have a chest being filled with Mana Orbs and another with Sashes (plus 3 chests of tasty treats!), so I'm conflicted as to whether less isn't better in this case?

No idea what all the artifact and utility items are, or how they are divided. I'll wait for you to complete your spreadsheet, then we'll all know! :)

I've only done 3 Caches, all Artisan, but my first had a Legendary in it. RNGesus strikes again. Strange that Artisan has wearable loot though isn't it? Or is that just me? I figured that Artisan would be components and materials all the way through Trove, with maybe one piece of gear every couple of chests at Hoard and Trove. Maybe the gear is to help keep Miners, Fishers, and Lumberjacks safe out in the wilderness?

Looking for Samurai gear in Tokuno though and only 1 of 18 pieces is Tokuno based. Maybe I misunderstood what dividing loot by facet meant. I thought they meant you'd be able to hunt in Tokuno for Sam gear, Ter Mur for Garg stuff, ect., or that at least the majority of the wearables in the chest would be appropriate to that facet. I'm probably wrong again, or maybe I just need to do more maps.

I think we'll be ok on skills. My test center guy only has 660 points in skills, a mismatched miserable suit, and is rolling right through stuff. Better save a skill discussion for another thread though. :) 

-Arroth
    popps said:

I agree with putting them in Artisan maps, not sure how to divide it up though. 

When I read the patch notes I was figuring basic ingredients in Artisan Stash, with ML ingredients starting in Supply. Three common, three uncommon, and six peerless ML ingredients, so Supply, Cache, and Hoard, with peerless divided by facet. (Or this reversed to incentivize lower level chests.)

Boy was I wrong!

Thinking more about it, breaking ML ingredients up by facet and level would spread them out pretty thin, but it would make them individually targetable. 

Hmm...probably simpler to follow your suggestion and put all ML ingredients in all Artisan chests, with increasing amounts matching map level.

Have to wait and see what goes forward.

"Hmm...probably simpler to follow your suggestion and put all ML ingredients in all Artisan chests, with increasing amounts matching map level."

My line of thinking is, that since Mondain's Legacy Resource (regular AND special) are a necessary ingredient for Crafting, they need to be in good, steady supply (as a Crafter needs their resources to be...) otherwise, they would not be of any practical use....

That is why I was seeing them as fit in all Artisans' Treasure Chest (both the regular and the special) with only their numbers varying depending on the Level of the Chest...
    Margrette said:

I missed that those were SoT's. Yeah, 2% is a bit low to me. It looks like SoT in Stash and SoA in Supply though, so at least those are targetable. I can see not wanting a flood of SoT's, but still 1 in 10 chests would be fine. Probably still faster to get SoT's doing trade quests.

No idea what is up with ML ingredients or Essences. I wonder if Kyronix just didn't get them sorted out yet. You'd think Essences in Ter Mur eh?

TMaps definitely need a boost in drop rate. At least 1 in every 10 chests I would think.

Recipes again could be bumped to at least 1 in every 10 chests you dig up. Doesn't seem that would be overkill. 'Course, I was starting to throw away a lot of recipes.......

The "extras", like Mana Orbs and such seem to be less, but I can't tell if they are really less or just broken up across professions. Also, people are always asking for less junk, and quite frankly I have a chest being filled with Mana Orbs and another with Sashes (plus 3 chests of tasty treats!), so I'm conflicted as to whether less isn't better in this case?

No idea what all the artifact and utility items are, or how they are divided. I'll wait for you to complete your spreadsheet, then we'll all know! :)

I've only done 3 Caches, all Artisan, but my first had a Legendary in it. RNGesus strikes again. Strange that Artisan has wearable loot though isn't it? Or is that just me? I figured that Artisan would be components and materials all the way through Trove, with maybe one piece of gear every couple of chests at Hoard and Trove. Maybe the gear is to help keep Miners, Fishers, and Lumberjacks safe out in the wilderness?

Looking for Samurai gear in Tokuno though and only 1 of 18 pieces is Tokuno based. Maybe I misunderstood what dividing loot by facet meant. I thought they meant you'd be able to hunt in Tokuno for Sam gear, Ter Mur for Garg stuff, ect., or that at least the majority of the wearables in the chest would be appropriate to that facet. I'm probably wrong again, or maybe I just need to do more maps.

I think we'll be ok on skills. My test center guy only has 660 points in skills, a mismatched miserable suit, and is rolling right through stuff. Better save a skill discussion for another thread though. :) 

"Maybe the gear is to help keep Miners, Fishers, and Lumberjacks safe out in the wilderness?"

Well, there DOES IS gear that Crafters could definitively make good use of....

Think for example the +Mining Skill Gloves....

Imagine, for example, if Artisans' Treasure Chests had the chance to have in them some particular items of benefit to a crafter....

+10 or +15 Mining Skill..... Or with +Lumberjacking or Bowyer or Fishermen etc. etc. skill which would be helpfull at getting a better chance to get that higher resource....

Or crafting tools with an exceptional number of charges for mining, carpentry, tinkering, alchemy etc. etc.

I am sure what, with some thinking, more usefull gear or tools or talismans for Crafters could come up to be created as usefull items in Artisans' Treasure Chests....
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Solo / Stash Level / Eodon
    *Warrior Loot: Gold chest, 14,996, gold, Artisan’s Supply treasure map
    Mob: Tiger, Panther, some of those Miramax bugs

*Warrior Loot: Gold Chest, 23,850 gold,
    Mob: More of the same. near as I could tell. I was running from TONS of Jurassic Park stuff

*Artisan Loot: Gold chest, 20,461 gold, 50 Barbed Leather, Crate of Polish of Defense type resources
    Mob: 2 tigers, 2 ape, 2 panther

Solo / Supply Level / Eodon
    *Warrior Loot: Gold chest, 21,734 gold
    Mob: 3 Saber tooth tigers, Lion, Sand Vortex

*Artisan Loot: Gold chest, 33,432 gold, 100 Verite ingots, Shield Engraving tool
    Mob: 3 Lions, Saber Tooth Tiger, Sand Vortex

*Artisan Loot: Gold chest, 41,764 gold, Lumberjack SoA, 100 Valorite ingots, Shield Engraving tool
    Mob: 4 Sand Vortex

Note:
    Nasty nest of vipers! Died a lot on that third chest. LOL Took me a long time to do the three chests. I’m not much familiar with Eodon. Lots of getting lost and tangled in all those little finger lakes and waterfalls. And I’m not built for dinosaur fighting.  Fun though!

Solo / Cache Level / Eodon
    *Mage Loot: Normal chest, 41,670 gold, Lesser Magic leggings, Major Magic sleeves,
    Greater Magic female armor, Major Magic gorget, ring & black staff
    Mob: 2 Inferus, Fire elly, Saurosarus

*Barbarian Loot: Gold chest, 40,466 gold, Invigorating Dragon Turtle Hide Bustier Greater Artifact, Major Magic maul, ring, plate gloves, woodland leggings, Greater Magic plate legs
    Mob: 2 fire ellys, 2 Saurosarus

*Artisan Loot: Gold chest, 38,985 gold, Mighty Battle Axe Greater Artifact, Sledge hammer Major Artifact, 2 Gen magic rings, Maj magic executioner’s axe
    Mob: 2 Saurosarus, fire elly

Note: The Stash and Supply level maps took me a long time. They were all in areas swamped with monsters and I’m not built to fight the dinosaurs. I may be going about it all wrong. I tried using Reptile slayer spellbook but I couldn’t put a dent in any of those lizards. 

The Cache chests took no time at all really. I only killed the ellys and lured the sausagesaurosus away so I could peak into chests. Was happy to find the engravers and a few more resources. Was hoping for some larger gems. 

And what’s a girl gotta do to get granite as a resource that drops as loot? Am I the only one that wishes I’d find stashes of dull copper granite when out pirate and treasure hunting? Is there a reason why we find all the other items we can mine but don't find granite as a drop?

Thanks!

Hope folks enjoyed their Sunday :-)

edited April 2019
    A few new things to note:

Ter Mur Stash Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior maps seem to consistently give 3 of essences and/or abyssal cloth.  (They may give some other imbuing stuff, but it needs more testing.)

It seems pretty clear that the Malas Stash Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior maps consistently give ML ingredients.  So far have gotten blight, corruption, dreadhorn mane, eye of the travesty, lard of paroxysmus, luminescent fungi, muculent, pristine dread horn, putrefaction, and taint from these.             

Ter Mur Stash Magery maps give a bag of 60 each of four mysticism reagents. (Trammel and Fel Stash Magery give magery reg bags and Malas Stash Magery maps give necro regs.)

Not sure what the Tokuno and Eodon Stash Assassin, Barbarian and Warrior maps give for ingredients, or the Tokuno and Eodon Stash Magery maps for reagents.

ADDED: Tokuno Stash Mage maps give magery reagents.  Like the Trammel and Felucca Stash Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior maps, the same themes in Tokuno as Stash maps also don't give any kind of ingredients.  So far it is just the Ter Mur and Malas Stash Assassin, Barbarian and Warrior maps that give some kind of crafting ingredient.  Still need to check on them in Eodon, plus the Stash Magery maps in Eodon. (Guessing they give magery regs.)
    LilyGrace said:

And what’s a girl gotta do to get granite as a resource that drops as loot? Am I the only one that wishes I’d find stashes of dull copper granite when out pirate and treasure hunting? Is there a reason why we find all the other items we can mine but don't find granite as a drop?

Granite is often a reward from delivering cargo to city trade merchants.
    Margrette said:
    LilyGrace said:

Granite is often a reward from delivering cargo to city trade merchants.
    Yeah...Thanks, Margrette. Those drops are so intermittent though. I’m hoping for a source more like finding ingots and wood on pirate and merchant ships. I have my fingers crossed that when we get to the revamping of that loot we may see granite added. :-)
    edited April 2019
    Some notes on Stash maps in Eodon:

(1) For low-level maps, the spawn is not quite as easy as on other facets.  My treasure hunter was okay (peacemaking helped), but I think a character still in training might be a little bit overwhelmed if they are expecting the same level of difficulty as in other facets. The loot is so sparse I doubt many would want to go in a group for these. The couple of Stash maps I did there had these groups of initial spawn:
    • 3 silverback gorillas; 
    • 2 wild tigers;
    • 2 myrmidex larvae and 2 silver-back gorillas; 
    • 1 wild tiger and 1 myrmidex larva; 
    • 3 myrmidex larvae and 1 wild tiger;
    • 2 myrmidex larvae, 2 silverback gorillas, and 1 wild tiger, and then an additional 2 myrmidex larvae that I think came out of a cone, plus there was a nearby NPC that couldn't resist battling an EV, making it useless for fighting the rest of the spawn. 
    (2) Panthers seem to spawn too when you dig up a Stash map; however, they aren't aggressive and they aren't labeled as "Guardians."  I guess if you're using EVs, they keep those occupied instead of killing the other stuff.

(3) Eodon Stash Mage maps give the same bag of magery reagents as in Trammel, Fel, and Tokuno.

(4) Eodon Stash Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior maps don't seem to give any crafting resources.  This is the same situation as Trammel, Fel, and Tokuno Stash Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior maps. Currently, these maps are useless unless you want gold and gems and a tiny, tiny chance at a Scroll of Transcendence or a Supply map as loot.  The same can be said, even more emphatically about Stash Ranger maps in all facets.  According to the publish notes, they have no chance at resources, but they have a chance to have a map or a SoT; however, both items rarely seem to drop so you'd basically be doing these maps just for gold and gems.
  • WhesslesWhessles Posts: 49
    119 Modded Carto and I am failing on stash maps. I am not failing outright which would be fine. I am getting the "need more time" message. This isn't happening every time, but often enough (maybe 1 in 3 maps).  This IMO has to be pulled in line with the decoding level for maps.  Maps are all for Malas. 
    @popps Malas Stash I received Eye of Travesty and 2 Captured Essence 119 mod cart Gold chest 
    edited April 2019
    Margrette said:

Ter Mur Stash Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior maps seem to consistently give 3 of essences and/or abyssal cloth.  (They may give some other imbuing stuff, but it needs more testing.)

It seems pretty clear that the Malas Stash Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior maps consistently give ML ingredients.  So far have gotten blight, corruption, dreadhorn mane, eye of the travesty, lard of paroxysmus, luminescent fungi, muculent, pristine dread horn, putrefaction, and taint from these.             

Ter Mur Stash Magery maps give a bag of 60 each of four mysticism reagents. (Trammel and Fel Stash Magery give magery reg bags and Malas Stash Magery maps give necro regs.)

Not sure what the Tokuno and Eodon Stash Assassin, Barbarian and Warrior maps give for ingredients, or the Tokuno and Eodon Stash Magery maps for reagents.

ADDED: Tokuno Stash Mage maps give magery reagents.  Like the Trammel and Felucca Stash Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior maps, the same themes in Tokuno as Stash maps also don't give any kind of ingredients.  So far it is just the Ter Mur and Malas Stash Assassin, Barbarian and Warrior maps that give some kind of crafting ingredient.  Still need to check on them in Eodon, plus the Stash Magery maps in Eodon. (Guessing they give magery regs.)

"It seems pretty clear that the Malas Stash Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior maps consistently give ML ingredients.  So far have gotten blight, corruption, dreadhorn mane, eye of the travesty, lard of paroxysmus, luminescent fungi, muculent, pristine dread horn, putrefaction, and taint from these."

But, I wonder, wouldn't it make way more sense if Mondain's Legacy Resources were to be found mainly and mostly in Artisans' Treasure Chests RATHER then Assasin, Barbarian and Warrior's Treasure Chests ?

I mean, they are resources much needed to a "Crafter", not much to a Thief/Assasin or a Warrior or a Barbarian, whatever this last Profession may mean (I still have been unable to figure that out...).

Whessles said:
    @ popps Malas Stash I received Eye of Travesty and 2 Captured Essence 119 mod cart Gold chest 

Stash Map for what Profession and on what Facet ?
  • BadvocBadvoc Posts: 1
    I've just dug up from 2 maps and both times I've had an unused tile come up instead of a chest. I can provide a screenshot of the unused tile if you're that desperate to see it, I just really can't be bothered to upload one right now
    popps said:
    Margrette said:

@ Margrette

"It seems pretty clear that the Malas Stash Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior maps consistently give ML ingredients.  So far have gotten blight, corruption, dreadhorn mane, eye of the travesty, lard of paroxysmus, luminescent fungi, muculent, pristine dread horn, putrefaction, and taint from these."

But, I wonder, wouldn't it make way more sense if Mondain's Legacy Resources were to be found mainly and mostly in Artisans' Treasure Chests RATHER then Assasin, Barbarian and Warrior's Treasure Chests ?

I mean, they are resources much needed to a "Crafter", not much to a Thief/Assasin or a Warrior or a Barbarian, whatever this last Profession may mean (I still have been unable to figure that out...).

I guess there had to be something to put in some of those chests, popps.  That's all I can come up with.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Lack of handles on EC chests is a problem, I had to wait for the guardian's spawn corpses to clear before I could access the chest which was underneath one of them.
    Tasty treat appears to be loot on ranger maps, though I've only so far had one, a supply in Eodon.

@Kyronix, after the publish goes live, will we still be able to change the theme of a map by putting it back in a Davies Locker and then dropping it out again?  It seems a bit hokey, but with the way some maps are turning out to only be good for getting gold and gems, it may be very important to be able to change the theme of a map so you can more easily get one you want to do.
  • AbbaroshAbbarosh Posts: 27
    Margrette said:
    @ Kyronix, after the publish goes live, will we still be able to change the theme of a map by putting it back in a Davies Locker and then dropping it out again?  It seems a bit hokey, but with the way some maps are turning out to only be good for getting gold and gems, it may be very important to be able to change the theme of a map so you can more easily get one you want to do.

With the way things are looking atm , if things dont improve in the next few weeks i will just be shutting down all 6 of my accounts , cause tmapping is really the only thing i do now
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited April 2019
    Overall reaction so far, I'm sorry to say, is loot is disappointing. Too many chests have nothing in them except gems and gold.  
    May I suggest small, additional, themed items such as bandages for warriors, barbarians, rangers; arrows and bolts for rangers too; maybe smoke bombs for assassins? Quantities on a par with artisan loots

cache level of artisan might include crafting talismans?  Ranger might include cartography tali, bard slayer instruments? 

Anyone have other thoughts for minor, not OTT inclusions that would make the chests more interesting?

Also, I'm not seeing much in the way of 'decorative items', is anyone else?
  • AbbaroshAbbarosh Posts: 27
    Overall reaction so far, I'm sorry to say, is loot is disappointing. Too many chests have nothing in them except gems and gold.  
    May I suggest small, additional, themed items such as bandages for warriors, barbarians, rangers; arrows and bolts for rangers too; maybe smoke bombs for assassins? Quantities on a par with artisan loots

cache level of artisan might include crafting talismans?  Ranger might include cartography tali, bard slayer instruments? 

Anyone have other thoughts for minor, not OTT inclusions that would make the chests more interesting?

Loot is a nerf from what is current !
    Petra, that's what I'm seeing too.  Both the Stash and Supply levels of chests with the Artisan theme always seem to contain some kind of crafting ingredients.  The Stash level of the Magery theme also always seem to include some kind of reagents.  However, when you look at the rest of the chests at the Stash and Supply levels, many of them pop up holding nothing but gold and gems.  Here are the number of chests I dug up in each theme and the Stash and Supply levels that held only gold and gems, compared to the total number for each of those level/theme combinations:

Assassin Stash: 9 of 13
    Assassin Supply: 9 of 13
    Barbarian Stash: 15 of 22
    Barbarian Supply: 6 of 8
    Mage Supply: 10 of 12
    Ranger Stash: 11 of 12
    Ranger Supply: 9 of 17
    Warrior Stash: 8 of 14
    Warrior Supply: 4 of 10

In total, that means there were 81 out of 121 Stash and Supply chests (again, not counting ones that always contain ingredients) that held nothing but gold and gems.  That means two thirds of those chests aren't worth doing unless you want to use your time just to get gold and small gems.

maybe smoke bombs for assassins?"

Aheam.... since smoke bombs are craftables AND consumables (that is, something which needs to be resupplied) .... adding them to Treasure Chests would be killing a source of income for Chefs... it also requires 90.0 Cooking skill to make so, is considered as one of the "good" means to make a living for a Chef in UO....

Personally, I would NOT add items to Chests which are craftables and good sources of income for Crafters....
    has anyone seen an invuln refinement yet in the stashes? It is starting to look as if we will have to make them ourselves.  
    Margrette said:
    @ Kyronix, after the publish goes live, will we still be able to change the theme of a map by putting it back in a Davies Locker and then dropping it out again?  It seems a bit hokey, but with the way some maps are turning out to only be good for getting gold and gems, it may be very important to be able to change the theme of a map so you can more easily get one you want to do.
    I could live with this. But the locker reading the wrong facet could get pretty confusing. That needs to be fixed. 

And yep to all of this...

I’m not without hope that loot will be improved upon, assuming the secret compartments or something like that will be added.

I’ve already offered in other posts some of what I’d like to see added. More decorations, recipes, new clothing and jewelry. To name a few. 

I’d love to see jewelry with properties that could take the place of gorgets and sleeves. And clothing with properties that can get me out of a shroud or robe. 

Jeweled arm bands or bracers that can be worn instead of sleeves. Necklace artwork that take the place of a gorget. 

I’m guessing most of what is coming our way is already created. So maybe these ideas are silly to mention at this point. But who cares?

Maybe more new content will be added as we move down the road.  Or maybe it’s not too late for new loot found at sea to be created. Think of The Bounty in search of breadfruit...

New seeds and planter pots. You need to find both Seeds and Planters. But a collection of them, some much more rare than others. Something that, after it grows up, works sort of like the coffee plants. 

Plant the seed in the planter. When it’s matured you double click it and it offers a flower/decorative plant that can be used as decoration in the garden.

The harvest offers just one decorative  flower or  plant and the matured plant and planter can be kept as a decoration. Or the planter could go poof after harvest. Either one of those scenarios would keep me looking for more.  

I’ll stop. This post got long as usual. 

Thanks!
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited April 2019
    All I get when I dig is 'this is too far away' yet if i run screens away from where the chest is it lets me dig.  So far my loot is 0000000 as I can't dig up a chest, this is with gm carto with a +28 tally. Is there something borked in this or some trick to actually finding the chest.  PS I am in the right spot and do millions of tmaps on prodo so it isn't like I don't know how to dig up a tmap.  And this is the lowest level chest, right now I am about to give up on TC as noone will answer in chat .

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
    Seems it was something to do with NOT having circ on.  I never run with circ on but guess you have to now or even though you are targeting grass it still picks up surrounding plants or something.

Cheers MissE

Firstly with no object handle in the EC this chest behind this wall was invisible and unable to be targeted to even open it.   I walked around the area for ages trying to get a fix on it to no avail so the fact that there is NO object handle in the EC is a major bug.

Cheers MissE

edited April 2019
    Does anyone have any ideas on HOW much the cartography bonus modifies distances? I don't know if anyone has tested this.

This discussion has been closed.