Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *Bugs, Loot, and Guardian Mob Distribution Only*

15678911»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    edited May 2019
    Abbarosh said:
    anyone had any 9MOD + items since EJ was released from the active tmapping?
    It doesn't appear so.  Not even close to what has spawned now or in past treasure chests.

Items seem way too low in intensity but another tweak is coming so hopefully this will be addressed.  That being said these are treasure chests. 
    Gold and gems are NOT treasure for most of us.
     Items are.
     I sincerely hope they don't go backwards when it comes to items (armor and weapons).

This was looted from a level 7 treasure chest some time ago...
    (edit-  Not on test center now.  It was back when global loot first was first implemented on live shards)

"(edit-  Not on test center now.  It was back when global loot first was first implemented on live shards)"

That is PRECISELY what I HATE and find inacceptable in new Publishes....

That they, for a FEW days give uber-super-fantastic stuff which THEN gets nerfed....

So, those players who are lucky to be there during those first days to get that uber-super-fantastic stuff stock it up easy and in tons and then live up off of it with those players doing that given "new" content AFTER the nerf, get the short end of the stick.

Frankly, I am ALL WITH THE DEVELOPERS' Team @Kyronix , @Bleak etc. etc. with their current CONSERVATIVE approach to fine tune loot quality in this Treasure Maps additions the SLOW WAY, a little step at a little step.

I do NOT want to see the Treasure Hunting revamp ending up with a few days or a week or uber-super-fantastic items popping up in Treasure Chests all over the place to then be inevitably nerfed, and thus yet again divide the players' base in those who were lucky to benefit from those first days of uber-super-fantastic loot and those who instead will need to live with the short end of the stick and just dream those uber-super-fantastic because they started doing that new content after the inevitable nerf......

When Saltpeter was first added to Ultima Online, for a few days or a week it was on sale from a NPC at 5 gp per.... there have been players who stocked up MILLIONS of Saltpeter for peanuts and kept going with that stock, accumulated in a few days, for YEARS.... the other players, instead, had to either live with the lengthy mining times to get it, or spend a whole lot more to purchase it when Saltpeter price was eventually raised, after a few days, on NPCs....

Stuff like THIS is precisely what I do NOT want to see with the current Treasure Hunting revamp...

I'd rather see it starting with CRAP loot which then gets adjusted a LITTLE at a time upwards, rather then see, for a few days, uber-super-fantastic and perhaps even "clean" 14+ mods Legendary items which then get NERFED for the rest of players within a few days from release with an inevitable nerf to stop Production Shards being flooded with uber-super-fantastic items.....

So, the current Developers' Team gets ALL of my support to approach Treasure Hunting loot improvement with a CONSERVATORY approach.

I just HATE IT when players do not get the same chances at something only because a handfull of them happened to be at the right time in the right place and can so benefit for YEARS from that luck and this, CONTRARY to what more difficulties instead, the greater majority of the other players will need to deal with because they came "after" the inevitable nerf...

ALL players should be EQUALLY able to benefit from a given content in the SAME EXACT capacity. There should NOT BE, to my opinion, a divide in between "early birds" and players playing that content later on.

That is at least the way i see it.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Mervyn said:
    Kyronix said:
    It's pretty easy to load up on luck to dig up the chest then re-outfit yourself to something more combat worthy.

It's especially easy at the moment with a still open exploit on both clients that undress is not required before redress...
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/2681/dress-macro-both-clients-still-not-behaving-correctly#latest

Is this now an intended part of the game to insta swap suits mid action?

Did you not read what he said? Easy.  So please stop using exploit when describing things you do not agree with.  You can choose not to do this if it bothers you. Dont change other players gameplay when you can change your own.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited May 2019
    I actually do consider gold and gems to be treasure. Half a mil from 10 Miasma paragon maps is not chump change on Siege. (Farming Miasma long enough to get 10 chests without getting caught doing so and murdered is the challenge!)
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 895
    edited May 2019
    So @Kyronix ;  if "Lesser Artifact" is equivalent to an item imbued to the max, why is the quality of loot 2 notches lower than Lesser Artifact in Trove (max level) maps?

Absolutely no one out there is running around with an item of lower quality than a 'max imbued' item, unless it's their first week returning/playing UO... so why is the average quality of loot matching what newbies are expected to use for a very short time?

It's not just T-maps (on TC1) mind you... it seems like you guys forgot to scale the loot with difficulty on about 99% (currently live) of UOs content.

Why bother T-maps at all if you often find higher quality loot (with far more chances at the loot) from the mob that drops the T-map in the first place?   I know there are more updates coming, but I expect the mark to be missed, but it would be nice if it was within a reasonable margin based on difficulty & reward level...

It's as if you guys completely ignored the 'difficulty scale with regard to loot quality' on almost everything.    -You can apply that to just about anything in UO.   

The only difference between killing a Lich & Paragon Ancient Wyrm is clearly the difficulty & the amount of crap it drops.    the quality of loot is about the same, but you could farm liches faster & easier.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    @Kyronix where will we be able to get Eodon maps once this publish goes to production?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,120Dev
    ZekeTerra said:
    @ Kyronix where will we be able to get Eodon maps once this publish goes to production?
    All the creatures in Eodon can drop them.
    Thanks
    @Kyronix on that note, please remove the Hit Velocity from Halawa's Hunting Bow.  Every time it triggers it's no longer a slayer and with 60% HV it triggers way too often.  Either switch it to Hit Fireball or Hit Lightning or just remove it (also make it retroactive please).
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    yeah this was asked for when they first came out...hope it finally gets fixed

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Has anyone noticed if the splintering and eater properties spawn in the new Valley of Oeden chests?

Just wondering because they do in Illishnar chests because it is considered a dungeon.  The Valley of Oedon should be as well.
    I can't answer about stuff from Eodon.  However, I did see splintering and eater properties on items from chests dug up on TC in Ter Mur.  
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2019
    ZekeTerra said:
    @ Kyronix on that note, please remove the Hit Velocity from Halawa's Hunting Bow.  Every time it triggers it's no longer a slayer and with 60% HV it triggers way too often.  Either switch it to Hit Fireball or Hit Lightning or just remove it (also make it retroactive please).
    This bug is already in the system:

It has only been 10 months since it was reported on this forum and only 3 years since it was initially reported.

Please be patient.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Please be patient. 

lol  Good post mervyn...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited May 2019
    WOW Now that didn't take long to get another ban.  6 days with another forced vacation.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Bilbo said:
    WOW Now that didn't take long to get another ban.  6 days with another forced vacation.
    I don't think he/she is banned. I think it is just the ban pic he/she copied and made their profile pic. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    edited May 2019
    Does anyone know whether ALL existing UO Recipes will be able to be found in the "new" Treasure Chests ?
    This means, also the new ones from Doom and Eodon besides the Heartwood/Sanctuary as well as those from various Quests  and etc....

Anyone so far has been having signs or hints of them spawning in the new Chests on Test ?
    If so, will they be restricted to a given location like the Eodon Recipes only spawning in Eodon's Chests and the Doom Recipes only spawning in Malas' Chests ?

Or will any location Chest be able to have them ?

Being a "Crafter's needed item" to enhance and be able to perform their Profession, personally, I think that they should spawn, FIRST and FOREMOST, in Artisans' Chests.....

Thanks.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,120Dev
    Continue the discussion here
This discussion has been closed.