edited March 2019
    Arron said:
    I only asked because it was mentioned. 

Google "Ultima Online RMT"...

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    ok thanks

• SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    Ivenor said:
    I don't see those houses as 'ruined' I see them as intriguing, I would see the blank plot and think 'I wonder what's on there'. I'd then take much more notice of what I'd made the effort to see than if I'd just walked by it.
    At the end of the day people were using a bug to circumvent game mechanics, which do not allow houses to be loaded until entered. 
    Put an npc on the steps inviting people 'auctions inside' it that's the problem. 
    Petra, the problem are NOT the "Auction Houses", but the loss to the CASUAL travellers of DOZEN of (frequently multi-house) ARTISTIC installations, as the ones I posted above and many others, some of them shown here too, in the Deco section, as the little 2 houses one in a Japanese shard (I cannot find it now).
    Because if you think that many people will stop to every "blank" Lot to see what jewels it could hide... well, sorry, but this is unrealistc (and plainly impossible for the Private houses).
    If even a Deco buff as you cannot understand this... :/
    As has already been said, nothing has been lost. The houses are still there, they just have to step onto the “porch” to see it, instead of taking advantage of a bug to force it into view. If the persons house is private, then they will have to decide if they really want the house to be seen. 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2019

Superfrog said:
    Ivenor said:
    I don't see those houses as 'ruined' I see them as intriguing, I would see the blank plot and think 'I wonder what's on there'. I'd then take much more notice of what I'd made the effort to see than if I'd just walked by it.
    At the end of the day people were using a bug to circumvent game mechanics, which do not allow houses to be loaded until entered. 
    Put an npc on the steps inviting people 'auctions inside' it that's the problem. 
    Petra, the problem are NOT the "Auction Houses", but the loss to the CASUAL travellers of DOZEN of (frequently multi-house) ARTISTIC installations, as the ones I posted above and many others, some of them shown here too, in the Deco section, as the little 2 houses one in a Japanese shard (I cannot find it now).
    Because if you think that many people will stop to every "blank" Lot to see what jewels it could hide... well, sorry, but this is unrealistc (and plainly impossible for the Private houses).
    As has already been said, nothing has been lost. The houses are still there, they just have to step onto the “porch” to see it, instead of taking advantage of a bug to force it into view. If the persons house is private, then they will have to decide if they really want the house to be seen. 
    We are all repeating the same arguments over and over: IMO what have been lost are hours and hours of WORK and the "Gestalt" effect of multiple houses players's "villages".
    Let's try a compromise, OK? I will stop to rattle my drum to have the BT reinstated, and you and your "fellows" will support a STRONG request to the Devs to introduce ASAP a "Preferences Toggle" to leave to the Players the choice if the custom Houses will autoload or not.
    OK? Fair enough?
    Ivenor said:

Superfrog said:
    Ivenor said:
    We are all repeating the same arguments over and over: IMO what have been lost are hours and hours of WORK and the "Gestalt" effect of multiple houses players's "villages".
    Let's try a compromise, OK? I will stop to rattle my drum to have the BT reinstated, and you and your "fellows" will support a STRONG request to the Devs to introduce ASAP a "Preferences Toggle" to leave to the Players the choice if the custom Houses will autoload or not.
    OK? Fair enough?
    The toggles exist, you can walk in the house to see it, as long as the owner has toggled it to public. So nothing further is needed 
    edited March 2019
    Superfrog said:
    Ivenor said:

Superfrog said:
    Ivenor said:
    OK? Fair enough?
    The toggles exist, you can walk in the house to see it, as long as the owner has toggled it to public. So nothing further is needed 
    It is NOT the same thing as to have a general Toggle for EVERY house, Public or Private, and I presume that you understand it very well, so now it is definitively clear that you are in bad faith.
    Fair enough and so long.

Ivenor said:
    Superfrog said:
    Ivenor said:

Superfrog said:
    Ivenor said:
    OK? Fair enough?
    It is NOT the same thing as to have a general Toggle for EVERY house, Public or Private, and I presume that you understand it very well, so now it is definitively clear that you are in bad faith.
    Fair enough and so long.

What I am saying is the toggle is not needed. But to your point if someone (like you, who is so dedicated to artistic freedom of expression)wants to submit it and the devs want to implement it I will be for it as long as the default is to not show the houses. 
    Superfrog said:
    Ivenor said:
    Superfrog said:
    Ivenor said:

Superfrog said:
    Ivenor said:
    OK? Fair enough?
    Fair enough and so long.

What I am saying is the toggle is not needed. But to your point if someone (like you, who is so dedicated to artistic freedom of expression)wants to submit it and the devs want to implement it I will be for it as long as the default is to not show the houses. 
    That seems fair to me.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited March 2019

3/25/2019

Greetings,

We would like to take a moment to address the recent change related to how items display in player housing. We appreciate the feedback that we have received from all stakeholders and would like to discuss some changes we are going to be implementing in our next publish, Forgotten Treasures,

• Auction safes will always load, just as mannequins and vendors do.
    • A new client option will be available that will allow players the choice to load all public housing and see the contents.

Performance is always our priority, and this change was done to increase performance. We appreciate your feedback.

See you in Britannia,

UO Team

This would not resolve the private house artwork, but I can understand this restriction to the option setting. With the bamboo tile, players could choose exactly what items were displayed to the public within their private house.

Thank you, Dev team :)

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

And we all lived happily ever after.

The end.

edited March 2019
    Tanager said:

3/25/2019

Greetings,

We would like to take a moment to address the recent change related to how items display in player housing. We appreciate the feedback that we have received from all stakeholders and would like to discuss some changes we are going to be implementing in our next publish, Forgotten Treasures,

• A new client option will be available that will allow players the choice to load all public housing and see the contents.

Performance is always our priority, and this change was done to increase performance. We appreciate your feedback.

See you in Britannia,

UO Team

This would not resolve the private house artwork, but I can understand this restriction to the option setting. With the bamboo tile, players could choose exactly what items were displayed to the public within their private house.

Thank you, Dev team :)

Seems a fair enough compromise to me. Pity that nobody accepted my bet... :D
  • Posted on March 25, 2019 by UO Dev Team

3/25/2019

Greetings,

UO Team

Someone please explain to me why mannequins need to be displayed to the world?  They are only used by the owner right?  You store and can change suits with them.

Again I ask?  Why do they need to always load?
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    I suspect it has to do with mannequins, stewards, hired house NPCs, Vendors, and veteran marble statues all sharing similar code for clothing and ''equiped'' items.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Auction safes are a big reason for lag, they shouldn't always load and like Kane said nether should mannequins.   If the team wanted to fix this problem correctly, they should fix the house customization menu.  Let people add granite to house sign as well as rubble pieces so through the menu it can be used.  Then it wont have to load everything individually and cause mass screen blockage from using CNTRL SHIFT.   I dislike bandaids to actual issues in the game, that's why everything stays broken for so long.  Where I work if you bandaid fix these things youd be fired in less then a month.  This is like putting duct tape on a leaking pipe in your house.  Unbelievable!!
    edited March 2019
    Auction safes are a big reason for lag, they shouldn't always load and like Kane said nether should mannequins.   If the team wanted to fix this problem correctly, they should fix the house customization menu.  Let people add granite to house sign as well as rubble pieces so through the menu it can be used.  Then it wont have to load everything individually and cause mass screen blockage from using CNTRL SHIFT.   I dislike bandaids to actual issues in the game, that's why everything stays broken for so long.  Where I work if you bandaid fix these things youd be fired in less then a month.  This is like putting duct tape on a leaking pipe in your house.  Unbelievable!!
    As I predicted you PoV has lost. Be a good fella and accept gracefully your defeat...  :p ;)

BTW: you will have your "UO-as-a-wasteland" Clients Option too, so you have no reason at all to go on whining.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Bilbo said:
    There are far more people defending this bug fix then there are people raging about it even in this thread.  I think it is pathetic that some people demand the right to infringe on others game play than RAGE when the DEVs say enough is enough.  The DEVs do not have to respond to any of this because their actions said more than enough and also the RAGERS need to understand that they do not own a darn thing in UO they are only renting the use of it, EA owns everything including all these eyesores.

Looks like you are wrong.  There will be an option to see ALL public house contents now.  And the rage was going to happen at the meet and greet tonight.  Hint of rage is all it took.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:
    There are far more people defending this bug fix then there are people raging about it even in this thread.  I think it is pathetic that some people demand the right to infringe on others game play than RAGE when the DEVs say enough is enough.  The DEVs do not have to respond to any of this because their actions said more than enough and also the RAGERS need to understand that they do not own a darn thing in UO they are only renting the use of it, EA owns everything including all these eyesores.

Looks like you are wrong.  There will be an option to see ALL public house contents now.  And the rage was going to happen at the meet and greet tonight.  Hint of rage is all it took.
    Lets only hope that this will not be done under the notorious Trademarked "Soon"... :D ;)
    It will likely be done with the next publish at the end of quarter 2.  which should be sometime in June.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Ivenor said:
    Pawain said:
    Bilbo said:

Lets only hope that this will not be done under the notorious Trademarked "Soon"... :D ;)

Right after the new and improved account management is released...
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited March 2019
    It says right there in the post "in our next publish. Forgotten Treasures."

edited March 2019

Ivenor said:
    Uriah_Heep said:
    Right after the new and improved account management is released...
    It says right there in the post "in our next publish. Forgotten Treasures."
    't was only a joke... ;)

• King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Tanager said:

3/25/2019

Greetings,

See you in Britannia,

UO Team

IF only someone could of seen this coming. 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    So they fix it so it can't be abused but allow the current abusers a free pass.
    Bilbo said:
    So they fix it so it can't be abused but allow the current abusers a free pass.

You and Mervyn like calling playing UO, Abuse or exploit.  Should we all just ban ourselves?
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

It involves a violation of the Terms of Service. cough cough 9.c cough cough. 

edited March 2019
    TimSt said:

It involves a violation of the Terms of Service. cough cough 9.c cough cough. 

Show me where using bamboo tiles are not allowed in the ToS.

How many were banned for this violation?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Excuse me but I would never blame a player for using an exploit, players just do what is better for them individually. I only ever blame the devs for not fixing them. 

I abuse auto pet log out as much as anyone else.

And for the record I liked Tenager’s suggestion of a client option to load, see original thread. A fair solution is a fair solution. Am I the only one who plays with with no agenda?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited March 2019
    I just left a private conversation where 10+ people conspire to bombard Mesanna with emails about quitting, closing accounts, etc. No idea how I ended up there.

State of Ultima Online. Playing @Mesanna ;is the new endgame. And of course they will get their way, and make more players quit of the ridiculous lag. Back to square one.
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    But they ARE fixing the bamboo issue AND adding a client option so people don’t need to use bamboo. Both sides should be happy.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    edited March 2019
    King_Greg said:
    Tanager said:

3/25/2019

Greetings,

See you in Britannia,

UO Team

IF only someone could of seen this coming. 
    If all goes according to plan and I am able to toggle massive house display on or off to help with the lag in problem areas then I will be happy. I will now consider this thread closed. Hope I am not stepping on any toes.@Rorschach @Mariah @JollyJade
This discussion has been closed.