16 bugs to be fixed for publish 100 please.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited August 2020
    (Maybe I will make a new clearer thread specifically for the insta per logout exploits) 

I have stated a solution to ALL exploits involving insta pet log out as:

” 1, for the pet to log out at the same time the character logs out (meaning unless you log out in a friended house, inn, the character remains in game for 5 mins, as should the pet)

2, for the pet to be retrieved from the stables upon log in (this is currently the case anyway if you log out when dead, however if you get resurrected and log out/in a second time, the pet actually appears next to you again which needs to be changed)

3, for the current auto pet lot out system to not apply to non bonded pets”

I would perhaps add that regarding 1. The preferred amount of time for the pet to remain in game is for the same amount of time as the character - this is for the pet to assist defending a player during a genuine power outage/con loss the full 5 mins for the character to log out. However, all of the exploits would still be addressed if the pet remained in game for even 30 seconds of the player logging out/losing connection before being sent automatically to the stables. 

With this game now being so centralised around pets in both PvM & PvP it is crucial to address these issues.

Just a reminder, there is no reason to think that introducing these fixes will lead to anyone losing their bonded pets. 

@Misk1

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Since I'm in a bad mood I'll say what I've been thinking ever since this thread started. 
    You apparently are saying taimers can't log out/lose connection and come back with their weapon (pet) but it's ok for fighters and magic users. If we go with your idea anyone losing connection out side of a safe logout location should also have all weapons and spell books placed in their bank box just to be fair.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
     :) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited August 2020
    The fixes are designed to assist you with losing connection/power outage, currently when you lose connection on a tamer, you will more than likely log back in dead, as your pet is insta autostabled before your character logs out, and whatever mob you were attacking with your pet - attacks your char. 

Under the proposed fixes, your pet will continue to defend you and if you reconnect during those 5 mins then you will not have to claim your pet from the stables, nor will you log back in dead.

If the connection loss was for an extended period of time, currently, your character would die in game and whatever uninsured possessions you were carrying would decay with your corpse. With the proposed new fix, you would more than likely not die as the pet would continue to defend your character and so would be far less likely to lose uninsured items, you would however yes have to retrieve your pet from the stables. 

Please note that prior to the auto pet logout system, the system was designed for players to claim and stable pets upon log in/out, this is why there are stable masters placed in every town and various strategic locations. (With the proposed change you could still simply log out without having to stable your pet first as you currently do, only change is the retrieval of the pet - can do with a pet ball if visiting stable master is inconvenient) 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Tim said:
    Since I'm in a bad mood I'll say what I've been thinking ever since this thread started. 
    You apparently are saying taimers can't log out/lose connection and come back with their weapon (pet) but it's ok for fighters and magic users. If we go with your idea anyone losing connection out side of a safe logout location should also have all weapons and spell books placed in their bank box just to be fair.
    Just say you like easy mode and you don't want to have to walk your pet through places they can't be balled/summoned or if you die you just want to keep it so you log out and your pet don't die while you go get a res so you don't have to take the time to train a .1 or .2 skills on a pet.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    No I want a level playing field. If tamers can't keep their weapons nether should any other type of player. Either way is good for me.
    If there were multiple exploits involving logging in with certain weapons or spell books, and you could bind them to crystal balls to arm them, I would be fine with that.

• RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Tim said:
    No I want a level playing field. If tamers can't keep their weapons nether should any other type of player. Either way is good for me.
    It is a level playing field. You've got magery you've got eval. Or you've got spellweaving and magery... Or you can ride your pet. Or you can walk your pet. How is this not a level playing field? If my pet dies in a certain area and I can't use a pet ball, guess what??? I gotta walk. I don't abuse the log out system like others do, to bring my pets places a pet ball won't work. 
    RockStaR said:
    Tim said:
    Just say you like easy mode and you don't want to have to walk your pet through places they can't be balled/summoned or if you die you just want to keep it so you log out and your pet don't die while you go get a res so you don't have to take the time to train a .1 or .2 skills on a pet.

You clearly do not use a Tamer.  Try running in front of a pet in Deceit right now and see how quickly your pet gets hung somewhere.  I have had to log off and on many times during this test in Deceit on LS.  Ill be on one floor and who knows where the pet is.

I would prefer my pet stay with me.  It is more annoying to remember to Reapply GoL and  dbl clk a bandage to make them work again in my first aid bag.  I don't log off and on to prevent pet deaths. Takes two minutes to get the skills back up.
    edited August 2020
    If you lose your pet in a dungeon, you should be exiting the dungeon and using a pet ball. But I don’t blame you for doing the easy mode thing and log out and in, I do it too. (I don’t have to reset my first aid kit macro as I use UOA)

edited September 2020
    Here you can see an example of insta pet logout being exploited. 
    2 mins in,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVYJUkLIrdU&app=desktop&persist_app=1

The bane dragon was going to continue dealing heavy damage to anyone laying fields or hitting area, users place themselves at risk and use up mana to try and kill a bane dragon which deals heavy damage in an enclosed area (the island) only to have the owner insta logout the pet at no cost/risk to themselves as they’re already dead. But at least this guy didn’t wait until the pet was redlined before logging out which people normally do.
    The pet owner later got ressed and was able to continue using the bane dragon without requiring to res the bane.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    UO is following UO/EA rules that state pets can not be in the game unattended so if the player for what ever reason loses conn than the pet must be stabled in order to comply with the rules that every player agrees to when logging into UO, case closed.
  • Mervyn said:
    Here you can see an example of insta pet logout being exploited. 
    It still amazes me that people fight so hard to raid a champ spawn that often times doesn't drop a single 120. I guess I prefer to solo champs when people are asleep on dead servers and transfer 120's back to ATL for resale but most recently bene focused on shadowguard which hardly drops anything of value compared to champ spawns. Start to finish 40mins per baracoon which isn't as fast as some guys. I do end up missing out on a lot of pvp though.
    Due to the volume of exploits associated with insta pet logout, it may be necessary for me to create a separate thread to clarify.

Mervyn said:
    Due to the volume of exploits associated with insta pet logout, it may be necessary for me to create a separate thread to clarify.
    How many times do the devs have to tell you that that is how the game is intended to work. 

There are too many places where pet balls cant be used and pets are not smart enough to obey commands or walk around obstacles.
    edited September 2020
    only 1 time? i will create new thread to clarify and detail all I think we're up to 9 expoits/bugs now caused by insta pet logout since even a veteran tamer like yourself is having trouble understanding. 

edited September 2020
    I don't play in fel so it will still be unknown to me.

What am I exploiting in Tram?  I hate to have to log out to retrieve my pet because I have to set up the dang bandage belt every time I do. That .1 skill comes right back when they die.
    edited September 2020
    Tamers with veterinary are actually the main victim of the exploit here. It’s sampires logging out to save their swamp dragon that are the main abusers, who can then solo things and have no requirement for a veterinarian to hand, so you lose out on the invite. Not just a fel issue.

• When doing the greater dragon part of the shadowguard, I invis then click the leaf to teleport to the shelf and then logout and back in to get my pet to be able to fight the GD at the top. I don't think a pet summoning ball works, and if it does its a waste of a charge just to get my pet to fight. The developers will agree that its the way its supposed to be. Whether in fel or tram, thats the privilege of having a pet bonded. P.S. my tamer also has vet.
    Yes this is exploit, I have detailed why in this thread and I don’t think developers will agree with u, (in fact I have some private correspondence confirming this) also it’s not only bonded pets this happens to. So many people who abuse exploits for personal gain have commented and so made the thread unclear, much like the shadowguard orchard thread. I will now have to make a specific thread to make  the bugs/exploits clear, with a clear easy solution to all issues. 

• Mervyn said:
    Yes this is exploit, I have detailed why in this thread and I don’t think developers will agree with u, (in fact I have some private correspondence confirming this) also it’s not only bonded pets this happens to. So many people who abuse exploits for personal gain have commented and so made the thread unclear, much like the shadowguard orchard thread. I will now have to make a specific thread to make  the bugs/exploits clear, with a clear easy solution to all issues. 
    Funny that you think the shadowguard Great Dragon part is an exploit because when ever you recall or enter shadowguard your bonded pet follows you, its more of a bug that pets don't follow you to the top part of the Great Dragon platform when you DOUBLE CLICK the feather to be teleported to the platform. Sorry if I logout and back in to work around the bug that doesn't bring my pet to the top platform. I am not sure what you are referring to with the shadowguard orchard exploit because the Greater Dragon isn't in the orchard....is there is a bug that I am unaware of in the orchard (with the apples)? Good luck on your separate thread, though!
    If you want to use a pet against the dragon in the belfry, you’re supposed to ring the bell, get a feather and mount your pet and get up the top, rinse and repeat when your pet gets pushed off.

(It should be noted that it’s possible to make a dragon fly up onto the top without obtaining a feather, and it’s possible to bring the belfry dragon down from the top using necro + spellweaving-details withheld, these I believe are also exploits)

Or it is a bug that your pet does not go with you.  Kinda difficult for a Garg to mount a pet.
    I struggle to complete the belfry with my imbuer too...

• Mervyn said:
    If you want to use a pet against the dragon in the belfry, you’re supposed to ring the bell, get a feather and mount your pet and get up the top, rinse and repeat when your pet gets pushed off.

(It should be noted that it’s possible to make a dragon fly up onto the top without obtaining a feather, and it’s possible to bring the belfry dragon down from the top using necro + spellweaving-details withheld, these I believe are also exploits)
    Yea my gargoyle cant mount a Triton. neither can any other race. I am aware of the Greater Dragon trick but its a lot easier to meteor swarm after hitting the bell and I prefer Triton vs GD. Tritons can heal themselves and its much nicer that it instantly bonds to you. I don't struggle with Belfry until the pet doesn't follow me to the top. I'm sorry that you use the exploit to get you GD to the top without using a feather and that you decide to fight with imbuing. Your "valid" point actually holds no validity. Try again!
  • Pawain said:
    Or it is a bug that your pet does not go with you.  Kinda difficult for a Garg to mount a pet.
    I agree that it is a bug in Belfry, I use a gargoyle because IMO its the only way to play a tamer. I am waiting for Mervyn to say that it's an exploit to be a gargoyle tamer LOL
    edited September 2020
    I think the solution here, is for you to kill the drakes at the bottom, and give the feather to one of the 9 sampires you have space for in your party. Or is everyone on your shard a gargoyle tamer? I didn't have anything to do with the design of the roof encounter, maybe the design was to go on the top and log out and in to summon your pet, even though you can't use pet balls in shadowguard.... But i doubt it..

• Everything I do for shadowguard is done sampireless :)
    Mervyn said:
    I think the solution here, is for you to kill the drakes at the bottom, and give the feather to one of the 9 sampires you have space for in your party. Or is everyone on your shard a gargoyle tamer? I didn't have anything to do with the design of the roof encounter, maybe the design was to go on the top and log out and in to summon your pet, even though you can't use pet balls in shadowguard.... But i doubt it..
    @Bleak @Kyronix @Misk

Please stop listening to this players "bugs".  As you can see, he is just here to troll tamers and wants everyone to play UO his way.  
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Pawain said:
    Mervyn said:
    @ Bleak @ Kyronix @ Misk

Please stop listening to this players "bugs".  As you can see, he is just here to troll tamers and wants everyone to play UO his way.  
    AMEN