Upcoming event questions

So sos and maps are drops? Hats are drops?  cargo chest are drops?? Will the cap be lifted??

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    What I can answer right now is we aren't raising the cap.

We'll actually probably have to confiscate all your cargo because we know you are hoarding it, and redistribute it to the other pirates.  You know, to keep things balanced and all.  ;)
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    That sounds fun ! Bring your ships to Baja but keep in mind we have moongoats
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    edited February 28
    Confiscate cargo. No.
    Confiscate plats. Yes.

I see they are still angry because I bought every sorcerers dungeon drop on the first day because I had so many points from Kotl.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    Please do confiscate 'his' cargo. I need to have something to blame him for.
  • Lord_BytorLord_Bytor Posts: 57
    edited February 28
    My biggest question is are you going to bump up the spawn/respawn rate of Plunder Beacons, Pirate Ship and Merchant Ships ? My guild does pirates every Mon either in the South Jhelom Sea or in Tokuno waters. There are slim pickings since the last event and if you have 2 active player boats doing that stuff in those waters at a time it is really hard to have fun when the respawn rate is painfully slow. At least on Catskills it is.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    There is no need to confiscate the Cargo which would upset many players... just Design a new drop commodity for the Event to turn in for the Event Rewards, problem solved with balancing...
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802

For ToT events, I think it'd be good if these:
    1. Would automatically be re-enabled every 6 months or so, OR:
    2. Would be left on as permanent year round content.

This would probably cut down on the "rat-race" nature of these events, and all the side effects that stem from that.

The Khaldun related turn-in vendor should also be reactivated during October->November.

As another bonus, randomly reactivate Town invasions over weekends, once a quarter.  (some minor tweaks to the mechanics would be ok too).
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    popps said:
    There is no need to confiscate the Cargo which would upset many players... just Design a new drop commodity for the Event to turn in for the Event Rewards, problem solved with balancing...

I think you need to understand that this emoticon means he's joking - ;)
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited February 29
    My biggest question is are you going to bump up the spawn/respawn rate of Plunder Beacons, Pirate Ship and Merchant Ships ? My guild does pirates every Mon either in the South Jhelom Sea or in Tokuno waters. There are slim pickings since the last event and if you have 2 active player boats doing that stuff in those waters at a time it is really hard to have fun when the respawn rate is painfully slow. At least on Catskills it is.
    THIS!!!

For Plunder Beacons, maximum 4 people will be able to hit them at any given time. The other problem is that even if they increase the spawn rate by 20, it would not make any difference. Because you still have to maneuver around others and npcs to go to your target. I have seen a single Britannia ship, misplaced by an amateur captain, stopping everyone from finishing a beacon during normal pirate hunts. 

For pirate ships, max 2 people will be able sink/attack them at any given time.

I sincerely hope that the spawn area is quite large with an incredible amount of spaws so the people can enjoy this event instead of screaming at each other.

Any comments @Kyronix ?
    Thanks in advance.
    I've always said there should be static Shipping lanes between every harbor with random ship spawn 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    Should we hold onto our current t-maps to use them during the event?
    I have 50 decoded Trammel Supply t-maps waiting for me to finish in the next 3 days before I need to decode them again.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    I would hold on to them and collect more possibly ? We don't know how many we will need ? but you have at least a month to collect more.
    popps said:
    Cargo is for buying items on the pirate vendor, which are new items that will be added. Which are permanent.

The drops are pirate hats which will buy items from an NPC that is only for this event.
    Super cool if it was town invasion of Bucs den by land and sea 
    edited February 29
    shootgun said:
    THIS!!!

For Plunder Beacons, maximum 4 people will be able to hit them at any given time. The other problem is that even if they increase the spawn rate by 20, it would not make any difference. Because you still have to maneuver around others and npcs to go to your target. I have seen a single Britannia ship, misplaced by an amateur captain, stopping everyone from finishing a beacon during normal pirate hunts. 

For pirate ships, max 2 people will be able sink/attack them at any given time.

I sincerely hope that the spawn area is quite large with an incredible amount of spaws so the people can enjoy this event instead of screaming at each other.

Any comments @ Kyronix ?
    Thanks in advance.
    At the moment 8 players can get a mythic cargo from a Beacon, don't have to be in party, just do damage. 1 cannon hit works.

For pirate ships every party member gets a Death Certificate or a reward for capturing a pirate.

You should have accurate information when you propose game changes.

This is a multiplayer game, I hope the spring drops follow the same.  We invite other players to come take a shot on a Beacon on LS. 

There will be at least 3 ways to get Pirate Hats for the good stuff.
    edited February 29
    The problems with increasing the amount of spawn could be complex.

Beacons that spawn too close together have a good chance to be bugged and they won't be attackable when the crews are gone.

Beacons that spawn too close to the shore  can also have this same issue.

Not speaking for Atlantic. 

I only do high Seas in Tokuno.  There are 2 areas to get pirates and Beacons.  Also a small area for just pirates that is on the same server as the bounty guy. So you don't have to take your ship back to the dock for the captured pirate reward items. Just recall to him.

I have no idea about tram.  But it's probably a large area. And may have room for increased numbers of pirates and Beacons. If so, that is where you should ask for more more and faster spawn, not just a general request.

This week we have been doing Beacons.  Once you start killing stuff the new things start spawning instantly.  But if you are just sailing around you could see just 1 ship in the whole area. A matter of perception as someone said.

We have already done this event when High Seas came out.  Many pirate hunters were out. 

Play with others.  2 or 3 groups can hunt Beacons and when a group finds one, all recall to that ship and take a cannon shot.

Also there will be at least 3 other ways to get the hat drops.

Like I have said many times, doubloons are too easy to get to have rerun dynamic dungeon items on that vendor.

I had 8 billion doubloons before the cap.  Made lots of gold with Palm Trees and Orchids.
    300k is a small cap, but it means things can't cost more than 300k.
    edited February 29
    If the Pirate Brawl is a Dynamic spawn, the hats could be a participation drop.  That rate is now 4 to 5 drops per spawn.  That needs increased.  Thanks. @Kyronix
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    I will say that our ability of increasing ship and plunderbeacon spawn is pretty limited.  There’s only so much ocean and we’ve run into this bottle neck before. 

That being said there will be multiple paths to collecting the pirate hats and we look forward to feedback once we get into testing.  
    edited February 29
    Kyronix said:
    I will say that our ability of increasing ship and plunderbeacon spawn is pretty limited.  There’s only so much ocean and we’ve run into this bottle neck before. 

That being said there will be multiple paths to collecting the pirate hats and we look forward to feedback once we get into testing.  

Yay Testing!!!

:D 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Yes, it's more then just the beacons.

Spring Event: Shrouded Sails! Take part in a hunt for the most prized possession of some of Britannia's most notorious pirates- their hats! Battle pirates and plunderbeacons, ransack ship cargo, dig up treasure chests, fish up treasures from the deep, and try your mettle against a pirate brawl as you collect pirate hats to turn in for treasures!

Lots of different ways to collect the hats so ya'll don't have to be on the water.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited February 29
    Kyronix said:

I understand, that also digging up Treasure Chests and Fishing up Treasures from the deep (I guess with Messages in a Bottle ?) will yield Pirate Hats to turn in.

Which is a good thing, expecially since the ability to increase Ship and Plunderbeacon is limited, I understand.

Since the Event will be a limited time one, I imagine, it will be fundamental, to my opinion, that existing Treasure Maps and Messages in a Bottle will be fully capable of yielding Pirate Hats and that it will not be only from newly spawned Treasure Maps and MiBs after the Spring Event starts, that players will be able to get Pirate Hats, because it takes time to get Treasure Maps and MiBs and, if the ability to increase Ships and Plunderbeacons is limited, making the availability of Treasure Maps and MiBs which spawn Pirate Hats also limited will not help sustaining the increased participation of players to the Event...

Hence, to my viewing, it is fundamental to sustain the enlarged participation of players to the Event, and, considered how the ability to increase Ship and Plunderbeacon is limited, it will be very important that already existing Treasure Maps and Messages in a Bottle before the Eveny starts will be made also capable of yielding Pirate Hats.
    Spring Event: Shrouded Sails! Take part in a hunt for the most prized possession of some of Britannia's most notorious pirates- their hats! Battle pirates and plunderbeacons, ransack ship cargo, dig up treasure chests, fish up treasures from the deep, and try your mettle against a pirate brawl as you collect pirate hats to turn in for treasures!
    @Kyronix

Please, let players know how the type of "land" Treasure Map will affect the ability to get Pirate Hats and their quantity... (there is only 1 type of Sea Treasure Map from Messages in a Bottle but 5 Land Treasure Maps with varying difficulty and time to invest to do it....).

Personally, I would like to see a way like Stash Maps spawn 1 (or more) Pirate Hat(s), guaranteed, and then, moving up from Supply to Cache to Hoard and Trove Treasure Maps, the number of huaranteed Pirate Hats in the Chest will increase so as to compensate for the much larger time that it takes to get a higher type Treasure Map done, with fighting all of the Spawn and all that.

Oh, and please, do not particularly penalize the ability to get Pirate Hats from fishing up Treasures from the deep (Messages in a Bottle) on the basis that, as compared to Land Treasure Maps, Sea Treasure Maps have no Guardians spawn to have to fight because, while they do not have a spawn to have to fight, they take considerable more time to sail to their spot (Land ones one can just recall to premarked Treasure Maps locations and in general, also running is much faster on land as sailing is on the sea) and, to my opinion, in an Event that has a limited time span, "time to invest" into a given activity to get a Pirate Hat drop is quite more relevant as compared to the fight difficulty of that given activity...

In the end, if doing an activity in the Event to earn a Pirate Hat takes 1 minute even if it requires a hard fight and another takes to players 5 minutes (even if there is no fight involved) because it requires extensive time consuming sailing to the location, guess which of the 2 activities, players will pick to increase their accumulation of Pirate Hats ?

My take is, that they will pick the one which they can do in 1 minute, even if fight is involved, as compared to the one that would take them 5 minutes to accomplish, even if it involves no fighting...
    edited February 29
    Kyronix said:

Grimbeard said:

I hope this is the case, or at least there is partial land invasion, be it bucs or a new island added just for the event. This way tamers can participate in the event too. Right now tamer/bards are having a hard time killing pirates because of the bugs listed here and you cannot discord pirates.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    shootgun said:
    Kyronix said:

Grimbeard said:

I hope this is the case, or at least there is partial land invasion, be it bucs or a new island added just for the event. This way tamers can participate in the event too. Right now tamer/bards are having a hard time killing pirates because of the bugs listed here and you cannot discord pirates.

I agree. I do like the change of pace way of doing something (sailing / pirating) but given the limitation of ocean + the limitation of movement (ie ships blocking) I could easily see a lot of frustration trying to get drops just doing plunderbeacons or scuttling pirate ships.

I think it sounds like a fantastic idea to essentially turn Bucs Den into the ToT area with pirates etc spawning for drops to give multiple paths of collecting.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    and / or Serpents Hold would be a good spot to spawn pirates
    My Tamer has no problem killing pirates  
    edited February 29
    keven2002 said:
    shootgun said:
    Kyronix said:

Grimbeard said:

I agree. I do like the change of pace way of doing something (sailing / pirating) but given the limitation of ocean + the limitation of movement (ie ships blocking) I could easily see a lot of frustration trying to get drops just doing plunderbeacons or scuttling pirate ships.

I think it sounds like a fantastic idea to essentially turn Bucs Den into the ToT area with pirates etc spawning for drops to give multiple paths of collecting.
    First question, how do you guys do that ">> show previous quotes" clickable text? It never shows up on my posts and I end up bloating the forum.

Also, I agree, I am really looking forward to doing the sea captain thingy but it would be great if we have something to get back to if being a sea captain becomes very frustrating. It would only take small number of new captains with Britannia ships to turn the area around Jhelom into a misery.
    edited February 29
    Grimbeard said:
    My Tamer has no problem killing pirates  

Thanks for answering, I hope this wont take this thread off the rails, but can you please share your build and pets build?

I am a tamer and bard without any skills in eval int. So my spells do 3-13 dmg or so. My Magery Mastery pet always gets bugged. It is casting dragon breath every 15 seconds, never casting any spells. I showed it at the video here

My normal magery pet takes 3x - 5x more than my archer since I am not contributing much to the fight.
    All you need is nightmare or any pet with Magery Mastery it will teleport onto enemy ships 
    Grimbeard said:
    All you need is nightmare or any pet with Magery Mastery it will teleport onto enemy ships 
    I see. They always bug when doing the plunder beacons as shown here. Hence the reason I asked for the ability to add pet castle or something similar to Britannia boats here. This way we can swap pets when they bug.
    shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:
    I see. They always bug when doing the plunder beacons as shown here. Hence the reason I asked for the ability to add pet castle or something similar to Britannia boats here. This way we can swap pets when they bug.
    My fisher tamer doesn't do beacons my sdi tamer does with ease