Treasures of the Feudal Lands - Tips and preparation

2»

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Jepeth said:
    24 drops with 600ish luck after 90ish minutes of fairly casual playtime, including more than a few deaths. I was playing on my dragoon character (a healing skilled paladin). Based on past events this is low for me, which means I’ve got some work to do to refine my strategy.

I think we’re all getting hung up on Kyronix’s statement about that 700 luck. Quantity and quality of mob matters, too. Get out there and play around, every event has required slightly different approaches and it takes time to find the one that works best for you. 

This is the way.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited October 2023
    Kyronix said:
    Jepeth said:
    24 drops with 600ish luck after 90ish minutes of fairly casual playtime, including more than a few deaths. I was playing on my dragoon character (a healing skilled paladin). Based on past events this is low for me, which means I’ve got some work to do to refine my strategy.

I think we’re all getting hung up on Kyronix’s statement about that 700 luck. Quantity and quality of mob matters, too. Get out there and play around, every event has required slightly different approaches and it takes time to find the one that works best for you. 

This is the way.
     <3  

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited October 2023
    To bring the thread topic back onto tips for the event (and away from damage calculations and complaints about game mechanics):

Anything that isn't flagged as a "treasures" creature is nice to drag around with you to leech from when you find a paragon. I followed Fortis' advice and had a pack of norms following me around as I fought spawn.

You really want as much Magic Resistance as possible. It makes your life easier against all the necro based mobs.

If you're an idiot and forget to put Resist on your Paladin template before heading out... :# ...remember that you have Remove Curse, which is fantastic.

Dispel Evil will make Elite Ninjas run away from you.

--
    In my luck hour today, I was running 1500 luck with a wildly unoptimized template (<100% DI, no WW weapon) and still got 8 drops from the easy spawn near the Citadel entrance.
    -Arroth
    edited October 2023
    Ohh that's interesting on Dispel evil and Ninjas.  I like to kill em but if you find them annoying do that.

Enchanted Apples are great curse removers. Koi Fish Pies +8 DCI for enough time to kill a tough paragon.

When these events began I was hoping the Tar potion would slow the paragons and the fear potion would make them run in circles.  But neither work on the ToT mobs.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I don't expect to toe-to-toe everything, I 'joust' stuff. It's how I tackled a paragon oni on Europa. Run back and forth a short way and hit it as you pass, just don't run so far that you've dragged it to someone else and are 'luring'. 
    I don't have a sampire, my char is swords/tactics/anat/healing/chiv/bushido.
    I don't expect to toe-to-toe everything, I 'joust' stuff. It's how I tackled a paragon oni on Europa. Run back and forth a short way and hit it as you pass, just don't run so far that you've dragged it to someone else and are 'luring'. 
    I don't have a sampire, my char is swords/tactics/anat/healing/chiv/bushido.
    I also run a macer and swordsman with that template. 

Anything that can kill things can find a place to play in this event that matches their comfort level.

Now that paragons are worth more points I would assume more players would be amiable to you running paragons to them.  I have always enjoyed fighting these paragons.

Beetlescape usually has around 4 independent archers that play together on LS that are glad to kill para beetles.  I see more individuals teaming up and killing in an area in this event because it is spread out and they can find their own targets and help each other with paragons.  And since they are not Sampires they can res.
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Is there a link with updated information on what is worth more points for drops? 
    @Pawain
    that template offers low parrying with just bushido. What do you use Bushido for?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    oops, I forgot parry. Sorry, I have that too.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    There is no definitive information on points per mob type. Paragons give considerably more drops than their none paragon equivelent, other wise it is based on the creature's fame.
    Some fame information is provided on this page:

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Are we sure the para boost is working hardly seems worth killing some of them as i can kill 50 regular creatures in the time spent killing fan dancers or ronin
    the para skell dragons suck.. hate them.. lol 
    @Mariah
    does each fame level have a different loot table?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    That's not a question I am able to answer, sorry
    okay thank you 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Think it’s how much you kill and not what.  Use an area damage spell to get stuff to converge on you and then kill it fast when it does.  Help others with tougher paras to kill them fast.  Kill as many of the weaker paras you can kill quickly as you can.  Don’t waste time on stuff that takes forever to kill.  If you know others you can play with, form a party.  Players working together can kill everything, and generally fairly quickly.
    It would be cool if some clear direction was put out. Kyronix did support the idea of paras providing more points/chance
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Yea.  Think you get more credit for larger paras but in the time it takes to kill one, you would get more points from the stuff you can kill very quickly.  But hard to know where the cut off is.
    Holumer said:
    It would be cool if some clear direction was put out. Kyronix did support the idea of paras providing more points/chance
    He has told us many times the drop points are determined by the fame of the Mob.
    Ok. Where is the points chart? Are the points cumulative or do the points only count for a single mob? Ive done this event every single day for multiple hours each day. 
    There is no clear evidence to support this. I get the same amount of drops +/- 1 in an hour at the desert area, vs the ice area, vs the area near the moongate. I kill everything, paragons included. I also, get the opportunity to play when fewer people are on so there is less competition. 
    Holumer said:
    Ok. Where is the points chart? Are the points cumulative or do the points only count for a single mob? Ive done this event every single day for multiple hours each day. 
    There is no clear evidence to support this. I get the same amount of drops +/- 1 in an hour at the desert area, vs the ice area, vs the area near the moongate. I kill everything, paragons included. I also, get the opportunity to play when fewer people are on so there is less competition. 
    Just accept all the great Oz says and move on 
    Holumer said:
    @ Grimbeard lol
    There is no chart, higher fame kills get more points, paragons get more points.  You think you can add them up anyway?  oo a bird .003 points now a walrus...
  • Pawain said:
    Holumer said:
    @ Grimbeard lol
    There is no chart, higher fame kills get more points, paragons get more points.  You think you can add them up anyway?  oo a bird .003 points now a walrus...
    I've heard a paragon @Grimbeard beard is worth at least tree fiddy
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Pawain said:
    Holumer said:
    @ Grimbeard lol
    I've heard a paragon @ Grimbeard beard is worth at least tree fiddy
    Guaranteed