Treasures of the Feudal Lands - Tips and preparation

PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
edited October 2023 in General Discussions

Treasures of the Feudal Lands

• The Treasures of the Feudal Lands will take place in the Tokuno Overlands of Isamu-Jima & North Makoto-Jima
  • The Treasures of the Feudal Lands will begin following 12pm ET when each shard receives Publish 116.1
  • Points from the Treasures of the Feudal Lands expire Wednesday, December 20, 2023 11:59:00 PM GMT-05:00
  • Points can be redeemed for rewards from the Artifact Trader located south of the Makoto-Jima desert pass
Where:
  • The Treasures of the Feudal Lands will take place in the Tokuno Overlands of Isamu-Jima & North Makoto-Jima
The Wastes is Northern Makoto-Jima (the sandy area) the turn in NPC is at the entry.
The included mobs are marked with Treasures of Feudal Lands [Frosted]. Ice and white variant colors.
There are certain Mobs that will not be Marked for the spawn, Notably Yamandon.
There will be a mix of included and non included spawn, look for the name tags and colors.
There are certain areas that will not spawn the event Mobs. There are some areas that have a mix.

You should not go afk by the NPC, the Mobs can come into that area.
The Shrines have Ankhs for healing.

The spawn created by the Sleeping Dragon Spawn will not be included in this event.

Notable location of Mobs and not included spawn areas.

Black circles are areas of non event spawn, the event spawn can go into those areas.
Orange circles are areas where some spawn is event and some is not.

Red Square Rune Beetles
Green Square Mages
Yellow Square Kappas
Brown Square The normal spawn plus mixed spawn
White Square has a few Frost Mites mostly Lady of the Snow and many types of ice mobs.
Seems everything in this area is tagged for event.

All the other green areas will have their normal spawn plus random spawn mobs
also some mobs not part of the spawn.

https://uo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/tokuno-coords.jpg
Mob type\location https://www.uoguide.com/Isamu-Jima ;
Makoto-Jima - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Preparations:
Gather Orange Petals, Enchanted Apples, Petals of Trinsic, Fish Pies for stat Buffs
Make slayers of the types you think you will need.
Slayer books.
Beetle Slayer Talisman or book
Mark Runes.
Get familiar with the maps so you don't get lost when running around and you can call someone to come res you since there is 1 healer in each area.
Buy a new Undertakers Staff from the UO Store in the game.

Notable Mob Types:
There will be at least one imported Mob. On Test Center 1 it is the Skeletal Dragon and Liches
We will find out what they are for us when this goes live.

Hiryus have Dismount.
There are many caster type mobs that will poison and debuff you.

Resident Mobs and slayers and lowest resists:

Hiryu Dragon Cold
Fan Dancer Demon Energy/Cold
Oni Demon cold
Tsuki Wolf Demon Phy
Rune Beetle Beetle Cold/Fire
Lady of the Snow Undead Fire/Phy
Revenant Lion Undead Fire
Rotting Corpse Undead Fire
Dread Spider Spider Not Poison
Kappa None Cold/Energy
Elite Ninja None Cold
Evil Mage Mage Any
Evil Mage Lord Mage/Repond Any
Elementals Elemental Fire
Kaze Kemono Elemental Fire Cold

The mobs that give points towards drops have the event tag and are hued white and ice variants.

The ones that do not give credit towards drops are the normal colors and names.

Mobs not included in event:

Rai-Ju Elemental C P E
Yamandon Reptile/snake Not Fire
Frost Mite None Fire/Not Cold

There are multiple type lesser mobs that are not difficult.

The difficulty is varied.

For a Calm play, use the Waste in Makoto-Jima

For Midrange play, use any grassy area

For Advanced play, use Winter Spur (Northern white tip)

Preview of many rewards is on Test Center 1 or here Treasures of the Feudal Lands | uo-cah.com

Modifications to Paragons! We will be dramatically increasing the rewards points that are awarded from paragon mobs.

All fighting templates can be used.

Lots of great rewards!

Will be lots of fun!

Have Fun! Rub a Luck Statue and anti Pilfer Totem before you go hunting.

Add your tips and experiences.

There will probably be a lot of ships on the coasts, be kind and set your deck to public but restrict usage.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• Fantastic guide. Thank you 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Thanks for this
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    @CM_Fenneko you should post this everywhere!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Updated with the most current constantly changing information.

Look at the updated info in first post: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13147/treasures-of-the-feudal-lands-tips-and-preparation

Thanks to @mariah. for making sure the excited players of UO are getting information on this anticipated patch!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    the wiki event page will be live by the time the publish goes world wide, along with all the associated artifact pages.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited October 2023
    Mariah said:
    the wiki event page will be live by the time the publish goes world wide, along with all the associated artifact pages.
    Unless the item was toned down, the wiki stats on the Divine Sanctifier are incorrect. It should have 7 properties, not 5.

Mana Leech 100%
    Life Leech 100%
    Stamina Leech 50%
    Hit Fatigue 70%
    Hit Lower Defense 50%
    Hit Lightning 70%
    Damage Increase 50%

Hopefully it's the wiki that is wrong and they didn't actually nerf the weapon.
    -Arroth
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    need swing speed 50% and 5 each mana reg :p
    edited October 2023
    Skett said:
    need swing speed 50% and 5 each mana reg :p
    Needed the stats on a War Hammer.
    Big damage drop.

UO Wiki Page for event:

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/seasonal-events/halloween-treasures-of-the-feudal-lands/
    edited October 2023
    Pawain,

You do realize that the hammer pick is armor ignore and a war hammer would be for whirlwind?

Whirlwind doesn't ignore resist.

Even with only 24% resist on a mobile, your war hammer numbers would drop to:
    49 - 57
    The hammer pick would still be:
    49 - 64

What you seem to be hung up on is wanting a spawning weapon, rather than a single target weapon.

Also, the war hammer is two handed, the pick one handed. You can also have a host of additional properties on a shield when using the pick.

-Arroth
    edited October 2023
    Pawain,

You do realize that the hammer pick is armor ignore and a war hammer would be for whirlwind?

Whirlwind doesn't ignore resist.

Even with only 24% resist on a mobile, your war hammer numbers would drop to:
    49 - 57
    The hammer pick would still be:
    49 - 64

What you seem to be hung up on is wanting a spawning weapon, rather than a single target weapon.

Also, the war hammer is two handed, the pick one handed. You can also have a host of additional properties on a shield when using the pick.

I have Bushido. 100  Parry 100 How would I compensate for that with blocking?

Right now I don't use a shield with a 1 hand weapon.

Calculate the higher damage with Crushing blow vs Hammer AI pls

The Fomenter strikes again!
    edited October 2023
    You're using Bushido and a two hander, so you don't want parry on your build. Gotcha.

When you switch to a one hander, you're still not using a shield because Bushido. Gotcha again.

Crushing Blow is Modifier and does not ignore resist. If you were using 250% modifier, Crushing Blow would bump you to 300%. However, if you were already at 300% Modifier, Crushing Blow would do nothing.

So, if the numbers above were from 300% Modifier and your target had 24% resist, the output would be the same.
    Crushing Blow 64-75, Target Resist 24% (-15 -18), Damage 49 - 57
    Armor Ignore 49 - 64, Target Resist 24% (Ignored), Damage 49 - 64

--
    If you were running 250% Modifier, you would see a slight bump in damage with Crushing Blow, and that might be enough to produce more damage than AI, if the target's resistance was low enough (24%).

However, if the targets resistance was say 50%, the 50% Modifier from Crushing Blow wouldn't be enough to make up for the damage loss from the targets resistance.

Let's run the numbers again, 250% Modifier initially, Target Resist 50%.

Warhammer 64-75, Crushing Blow (300% Modifier) = 192-225, Target Resist 50% (-96 -112), Damage 96 - 113

Hammer Pick 49-64, Armor Ignore (250% Modifier) = 122-160, Target Resist 50% (Ignored),
    Damage 122 - 160, Armor Ignore Penalty (-12 -16), Damage 110 - 144

The pick would out damage the war hammer by 14-31 points, even with 50% less Modifier, at Target Resist 50%.

--
    There is going to be a break-even point where a target's resistance is low enough, that the war hammer can do more damage than the pick, but only if you run the pick with less modifier than you run the war hammer, which is a ridiculous comparison. You might as well say, "I can do more damage with my war hammer than you can with your fists!" Well DUH.

--
    This is all for a single target of course. If we switch to talking about a dense champ spawn, then yeah, your war hammer is the way to go, but you might want to use whirlwind.
    -Arroth
    edited October 2023
    Thanks, I was Playing with Skett when I showed the damages.  But since you can do the math, I figured I'd find the point where AI is better. 

But I did want to verify the shield with Bushido.  My Tiger build was using a 1 hand sword with shield. I replaced with Bushido for this event and wondered if possible to use the shield and Bushido.

I don't think I used WW once on TC. The mobs were sparse.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Mariah said:
    Unless the item was toned down, the wiki stats on the Divine Sanctifier are incorrect. It should have 7 properties, not 5.

Mana Leech 100%
    Life Leech 100%
    Stamina Leech 50%
    Hit Fatigue 70%
    Hit Lower Defense 50%
    Hit Lightning 70%
    Damage Increase 50%

Hopefully it's the wiki that is wrong and they didn't actually nerf the weapon.

My copy/typing skills are faulty, I'll fix it, sorry :(
  • Per Kyronix you need over 700 luck.

I guess this means I shouldn't bother. Just as well, I need to gold farm.
  • Thank you for the map. I'm having a hard time with it but somehow I don't think that's the map-makers' fault but rather what they're mapping. Assuming I even try despite my lack of luck, in both relevant senses of that term, is Homare included at all?
    edited October 2023
    Per Kyronix you need over 700 luck.

I played from 6pm to midnight last night with no luck. Got about 20 -30 drops.

Had Hella fun.

I found the spots I like. So from now on I'll rub the statue with a guy. Play him an hour. Rub with another play an hour. Keep doing that.  I have 5 melee guys, 2 archer types, 4 tamers. So I can play 11 hours a day with over 1000 luck if I want.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited October 2023
    Pawain said:

Had Hella fun.

I found the spots I like. So from now on I'll rub the statue with a guy. Play him an hour. Rub with another play an hour. Keep doing that.  I have 5 melee guys, 2 archer types, 4 tamers. So I can play 11 hours a day with over 1000 luck if I want.
    That is 6 hours straight, for 20-30 drops which makes it an average of 5 per hour which is not "that" far from my 3 per hour with 700 Luck...

To my opinion, the drop rate with lower Luck should be increased, and quite a lot too....

Not all UO players have those many melee characters to play using the Luc Statue for each one of them... not to mention, that many players cannot play a game for so many hours a day...
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    24 drops with 600ish luck after 90ish minutes of fairly casual playtime, including more than a few deaths. I was playing on my dragoon character (a healing skilled paladin). Based on past events this is low for me, which means I’ve got some work to do to refine my strategy.

I think we’re all getting hung up on Kyronix’s statement about that 700 luck. Quantity and quality of mob matters, too. Get out there and play around, every event has required slightly different approaches and it takes time to find the one that works best for you. 

edited October 2023
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Had Hella fun.

That is 6 hours straight, for 20-30 drops which makes it an average of 5 per hour which is not "that" far from my 3 per hour with 700 Luck...

To my opinion, the drop rate with lower Luck should be increased, and quite a lot too....

Not all UO players have those many melee characters to play using the Luc Statue for each one of them... not to mention, that many players cannot play a game for so many hours a day...
    I play for fun. I was able to trade 1 piece for a mage hat which I traded for a complete cloth garg suit.

So to me if was fun and productive. I also stop sometimes and chat in general chat.

I only get serious when I'm on a luck hour.
  • Jepeth said:

I think we’re all getting hung up on Kyronix’s statement about that 700 luck.

I thought it was just me getting caught up on it. you're right that it's more than me I'm actually glad.
    Jepeth said:

I think we’re all getting hung up on Kyronix’s statement about that 700 luck.

I thought it was just me getting caught up on it. you're right that it's more than me I'm actually glad.
    For me at these events I usually get 6 drops an hour with no luck. 12 to 15 with luck statue.  So I play an hour on each toon a day if I am concerned about drops.

Potion can double that 12 to 15. Up to 40 for me if I can kill stuff constantly. 

I was worried about the spawn rate on TC but on LS in the places I played, there were plenty of things to kill even with a group of 4 independent archers running around also.

I spend the first few days practicing so when I do rub the statue, it is not wasted.
    edited October 2023
    @popps ; I modified my Warrior to use Bushido  instead of Tiger form.
    So here are the 2 set up he could use.

There is no cookie cutter Luck suit, you cant just copy this. 5 pieces are 190 luck crafted pieces. Your template needs things based on what you have available and the stats you need.

What I did was put on all the luck pieces I own, then take one off and make a crafted piece to fit the template I need.

I have pretty low DCI, so I could raise it by 8 by eating a Koi pie when fighting a paragon.

I can stick this suit on my swordsman or macer since they use healing.  If you do not use healing you do not need 150 stamina. 

I use slayer weapons. 

This template could be used with an archer using a Yumi and not need SSI on the bow which allows for more Mana leech.

An archer with 210 stamina needs 55 SSI to swing a composite bow at max speed.

I can not use this suit on a Sampire, my Fire resist drops to 44...  I don't like them anyway.

Could could use this suit on my Paladins since it has 150 dex for bandages and it would work with the new Hammer Pick, but I need the Divinium Luminous for  a talisman, for the 10 SSI,DCI so I would have no slayers.

You have to give and take when making a luck suit. It has to be tailored to YOUR luck items and what you can craft to go with them and make your template have the correct stats that allow you to stay alive and do the most damage you can.  

Shard bound makes it so not everyone has the event luck pieces, and none of the event armor has luck and dex properties together.  
    Does anyone know of a way in the Classic Client to "auto-insure" drops without having to go to Third Party applications ?

Not sure if it can be done in the EC, without or with Pinco...

Bacially, a macro that insures anything in the backpack that is "of the Shogun" and is not already insured...

Having to stop, check inventory and look for drops that are not insured to insure them takes time, and quite a lot... and that works against a better drop rate in that 1 hour of gameplay...
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Has anyone figured out what the rare valuable drops are yet?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    popps said:
    Does anyone know of a way in the Classic Client to "auto-insure" drops without having to go to Third Party applications ?

Bacially, a macro that insures anything in the backpack that is "of the Shogun" and is not already insured...

Having to stop, check inventory and look for drops that are not insured to insure them takes time, and quite a lot... and that works against a better drop rate in that 1 hour of gameplay...
    Did you not get the item you asked for to prevent looting? 
     :D  Now he is getting so many drops he needs to insure them at least. 
    Holumer said:
    Has anyone figured out what the rare valuable drops are yet?
    ???

Drops are suit pieces.  Collectors want bone and plate pieces.  Bone Helm most difficult to get.

Alpha constantly asks for them on LS but he is a cheapskate.
    edited October 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

You mean the Chalice of Pilfering Protection ?

Unfortunately, it is a Veteran Reward for which a pick needs be used to claim it (the current price for Veteran Rewards picks is what, 200ish millions ?), and it only is effective 2 hours every 24 hours...

It should have been a Holiday gift, and not be limited in its efficacy by a timer, to my opinion...

Players who use the Third Party applications which cannot be named, can easily "auto-insure" any and all drops in their Classic Client without any need to spend 200ish millions for a Chalice of Pilfering Protection and their "auto-insuring" works always.... not just 2 hours every day...

If a Third Party application can do it, why cannot the Classic Client "also" do it without the need to have to go to Third Party applications ?

Not to mention, that "supposedly" these Third Party Applications are not wanted to be used with the UO client and, yet, many players use them all the time, and no action, at least to my impression, is taken for their use....

This is just so wrong, to my opinion.... players playing by the rules have to stand lots and lots of handicaps and difficulties in their game play while players disregarding the rules, and using these Third Party applications, have their gameplay smoothened and easy...

This is just so wrong, to my opinion....
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

You mean the Chalice of Pilfering Protection ?

Unfortunately, it is a Veteran Reward for which a pick needs be used to claim it (the current price for Veteran Rewards picks is what, 200ish millions ?), and it only is effective 2 hours every 24 hours...

It should have been a Holiday gift, and not be limited in its efficacy by a timer, to my opinion...

Players who use the Third Party applications which cannot be named, can easily "auto-insure" any and all drops in their Classic Client without any need to spend 200ish millions for a Chalice of Pilfering Protection and their "auto-insuring" works always.... not just 2 hours every day...

If a Third Party application can do it, why cannot the Classic Client "also" do it without the need to have to go to Third Party applications ?

Not to mention, that "supposedly" these Third Party Applications are not wanted to be used with the UO client and, yet, many players use them all the time, and no action, at least to my impression, is taken for their use....

This is just so wrong, to my opinion.... players playing by the rules have to stand lots and lots of handicaps and difficulties in their game play while players disregarding the rules, and using these Third Party applications, have their gameplay smoothened and easy...

This is just so wrong, to my opinion....
    I am sure there are 20 public ones on your shard.  Do you have 10 seconds to ask in chat?
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Thank you @Pawain