Publish 116.1 Feedback

Comments

• Pawain said:
    Still looks like dyable  raven or crow statues would solve allot of these problems .....     :D
    You do have the Birdhouse from another event right?  We do need occupants since we have a Bird House.
    i do but i like the one i made with a thatched roof cottage and a mouse hole better lol
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited October 2023
    Covfefe said:
    I have a question,

wtf is everyone going to do after this event? once you got the artis and can't beat those pieces with loot, what you going to do all year?
    Find a gorget and gloves for my Archer Bard that has Mana Regeneration!

He can not shoot that wand very far.

He needs it to keep his songs going!

And play UO for the gameplay and fun.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    edited October 2023
    Covfefe said:
    o
    Pawain said:
    The amount of nice rewards which are all in line with what we currently have

yes totally in line,

this is WITHOUT THE FCR2

MR9, with SC, FC, and mage weapon -15, with other mods has been commonly available on 1 handed weapon monster loot for years.  The imbuing weight for mana regen is misleading (and should probably be revised down in the crafting system).

Mana regen has diminishing returns too.

I don't view some of these artifacts much differently than other items like the scholar's halo, cuffs of archmage, etc.

I'd be fine if MR10 was swapped with SDI20 on the new wand.  Or just leave it alone.
  • The Gloves Of the Holy Warrior set off holy light every time I use honor. I can honor the same opponent over and over and it will trigger holy light every time. I have no idea how this is supposed to work but it uses mana when set off and sometimes the holy light spell fizzles, is it based off of the wearers chiv skill? Mine is currently 100 with the +15 from the gloves (85 real).
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,172
    edited October 2023
    SkuLover said:
    The Gloves Of the Holy Warrior set off holy light every time I use honor. I can honor the same opponent over and over and it will trigger holy light every time. I have no idea how this is supposed to work but it uses mana when set off and sometimes the holy light spell fizzles, is it based off of the wearers chiv skill? Mine is currently 100 with the +15 from the gloves (85 real).

@Kyronix - These were some of the same reactive holy light things I noticed (I didn't try the honor piece though). It almost feels like the reactive spell procs like you are casting it (offensive) versus a defensive thing (assume that is the intention of reactive)
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited October 2023

MR9, with SC, FC, and mage weapon -15, with other mods has been commonly available on 1 handed weapon monster loot for years.  The imbuing weight for mana regen is misleading (and should probably be revised down in the crafting system).

Firstly, i've never actually seen a 9MR -15 without -1FC, but i'm sure it IS possible. But the point is, it's -15 magery. Not -0 magery. As for mana regen having diminishing returns, i already explained how that is a totally moot point.

It's like saying, hey put +120 parry and +120 bushido on the wand as they are capped at 120 anyway...
  • Covfefe said:

Firstly, i've never actually seen a 9MR -15 without -1FC, but i'm sure it IS possible. But the point is, it's -15 magery. Not -0 magery. As for mana regen having diminishing returns, i already explained how that is a totally moot point.

It's like saying, hey put +120 parry and +120 bushido on the wand as they are capped at 120 anyway...

FC -1 is more common than effective FC 0 w/MR9 and mage weapon -15.
    FC -1, often has some other juicy mods, like elemental damage.  
    FC -1 is fine for 99.9% of pvm usage vs. FC 0.

Mage weapon -0 is certainly more desirable than mage weapon -15, but the latter can be negated.

If you want to call it power creep, that's OK.  That's consistent with how real life work - things advance.  Hand cranked gatling guns are no longer in vogue today, right?  I'm OK with things advancing like this in the game.

By your logic, at least the latter variations of the katana below should not exist.  It does seem there is a pattern to wanting to nerf things.

mr9.png 352.7K
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited October 2023

@Kyronix

Lets get this baby to Origin!

The citizens of Britannia are awaiting this blessed event!

Houston we have a problem!  (last nights game)  Go Cowboys!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    keven2002 said:
    Skett said:
    Is this a new trick or treat reward

Tomahawk Ribeye Raw

This might be for later or it might be something just for NL. I think that we had some artwork last year where it was helms with arrows in them that we never saw (I assumed it was for NL).

Helms / Shields with arrows are used for EM Drops

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Pawain said:

@ Kyronix

Lets get this baby to Origin!

The citizens of Britannia are awaiting this blessed event!

Houston we have a problem!  (last nights game)  Go Cowboys!

I don't think they are going to do Origin/Mizuho/Mugen first..I think it's going WW right away. The schedule is very tight....they want a full 6 weeks before the 1st of December when the Artisan Festival Starts, if it doesn't go WW tomorrow there won't be enough time.

• @Kyronix Are Frost Mites being added to the Beetle Slayer list? The Frost Mite Paragons are probably the nastiest mob in this event, and they're not vulnerable to Slayers currently. They hit players for 50-60s damage against all 70s Resists, and since their damage is 100% Cold, they bypass Consume Damage/Empowerment on pets, and so can shred most pets fast as well. At least the Skeletal Dragon Paragons can be reliably tanked by a pet under Consume Damage, and are vulnerable to Dragon/Reptile Slayer.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Frost Mites will be excluded.

• After testing around 30 min. the event killing all kind of event spawn I have just one question. Is the any drop available or its just a rumor and it doesnt activated on TC1? I wear 1720 Luck armor.  I mean if you plan to give for every drop around 50 points then its fine I guess, but 1:1 exchange will be most horrible event ever. Drop rate must be increased not x2, even not x3, its more like x10 or just increase points for every drop item 1:10 or 1:20. Every paragons should drop guarnted 1-5 drops depending on spawn mob.

• HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    I think it is awesome they added a new mount. I have not found anyone really interested in it though. Anyone else?
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    edited October 2023
    I am id like 2 1 for deco 1 for my pally

the cost is to much so ill get 1 for deco first
    the points are definitely too much for a non trainable mount. It is cool though. if the avg. is 7 drops an hour at 250 luck, so lets say, you have around 900 and that's closer to 10 per hour. That is still 15 hours of play per mount. 

makes me sad. I do not want the dev's to feel like they are not appreciated. They are. 
  • RadstRadst Posts: 96
    The mount costs too many points just for the look. As a serious sampire, I always ride Swampy. (150 points is like 150M+ gold vs. Paroxy mount at about 100M)

Unless change the color to blackrock, yes. The scripters have been farming the Eodon quest. Bird sells 20 plats. Now that will kill the scripting wont it. Perhaps it's time it is released to the public. Even the new color isn't as impressive as the wildfire hue.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    The mount is a luxury item - for those who are interested in displaying their leetness.  Should the price be too great for you, that's understandable.  There's lots of great items to fit all Britannian budgets.  Thanks everyone for the feedback!
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,030
    Kyronix said:
    The mount is a luxury item - for those who are interested in displaying their leetness.  Should the price be too great for you, that's understandable.  There's lots of great items to fit all Britannian budgets.  Thanks everyone for the feedback!
    Swampy way better!
    well there you have it as to why ill wont be getting extra mounts, im lacking "leetness"

>:)
  • RadstRadst Posts: 96
    Let's see...

Swampy + EX Quality armor -------> eats 20% damage + 8 fancy ingot colors!
    Paroxy Swampy -----------------------> 12%
    Swampy + Normal quality armor ---> 10%

we pay to play this game, not to be played :D :D

Radst said:
    Let's see...

Swampy + EX Quality armor -------> eats 20% damage + 8 fancy ingot colors!
    Paroxy Swampy -----------------------> 12%
    Swampy + Normal quality armor ---> 10%

we pay to play this game, not to be played :D :D

Ya but your fancy colors dont have this NEW HOT COOL COLOR !!!

the swampy is superior
  • since @Kyronix is responding to these today i thought it might be a great time to talk about Raven statues 
    ^^^ :) ^^^
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    My browser has cut off the list of bug fixes in the patch notes.

can someone please repost them here.
    they fixed the chicken lizard egg bug @Covfefe
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    Skett said:
    Is this a new trick or treat reward

Tomahawk Ribeye Raw

i'm thinking it will be a new recipe from the huntmaster
    (since there is a graphic for a cooked version)

And I think it will be what you get when you chop/harvest a gaman
    (new creature added to the huntmaster in Nov)

images (datamined by uo-cah), for those who don't know.

I'm looking forward to having new rewards
    and can't wait to find out what that satchel will be for
    (it will be well used for sure)
    ;)
    it would be great if the satchel was to add a backpack to any pet