Publish 116.1 Feedback

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,172
    Initial thoughts on the event overall:

1. Quite a bit of new stuff to work towards - THANK YOU!
    2. I found a bit of satire in the fact that many of the mobs I saw were glacier color.
    3. There are some interesting new property combos that will be fun to mess around with. Thank you for listening to us about adding night sight on some of the 1 off things like tali / shoes.
    4. I think that with all the brand new items to work towards and only 6.5 weeks to work the event that the cost of most items should be decreased by 5-10 points. The decoration pieces should be 5points max (and I'm not into deco). With a shortened window and several new items to choose from, with very different stats, there won't be a ton of time to experiment with said items... lowering the cost will allow most people to get at least 1 of each new item and play around with suits later. Lowering points should also be considered if there are going to be random stats on things like the cloak/sash.... 35-40 drops for something that might be 10% cold eater when there are other things makes that much less appealing. Dropping it to 25-30 makes it interesting.
    5. I think a few things are priced right. The bokuto / luck tali / apron / trinket all seem fair.
    6. It will be interesting having the spawn in a wide open area with nothing to lock things away.
    7. Once again Gargs get the short end of the stick... was hoping at the very least to have a 1 for 1 things on Garg items compared to humans but was hoping Gargs would finally get a better item than humans (ie the hammer pick would be a soul glaive)

Some thoughts specifically about the items:
    1. I didn't realize that there was already a Kabuto in game we could obtain from transmog. That makes that item a little less worthwhile for me. @Kyronix - Any way to make this kabuto with the wildfire mask stats and bump up the cost to 150 drops?
    2. Was surprised to already have seen the alch apron back on the rewards list... especially over wildfire mask. I feel like I've seen way more requests for the mask over the apron.
    3. Happy to see the Serpent's Bite tali. Small bump to SDI and giving some luck while at it. Honestly think the team nailed this one. Not enough luck to make it completely replace lucky charm but close enough that it makes people think.
    4. Tunic is a nice little upgrade to protector of the battle mage
    5. Gargish kilt of the holy warrior should be at least metal (+1 LMC) like the mempo, but I'd request that it actually be stone to make up for the last event's bone gloves (+3LMC) being a cloth kilt.
    6. The gloves / mempo should be around 50 points as this would be what the archlich gloves/arms were last year.
    7. I'd agree with another poster that the paroxy hiryu would be nice to be a charcoal-ish color (like the event drops)

• HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    do you think the new mount will be worth using as a fighting pet at 5 slots?
    Thank you @Kyronix and everyone else involved in making this event and all of these awards possible.
  • Holumer said:
    do you think the new mount will be worth using as a fighting pet at 5 slots?
    No, its a re-skinned prroxysmus swamp dragon. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    Please make the Glacial Blue and Pure White hiryus tamable. Hiryus are my favorite pet and I have at least one of each color.  I would love to add Glacial Blue and Pure White ones to my collection.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.

Couple points coming in a -

• We are looking at the schedule to see how we can give a full 8 week deployment for the event.  So you'll have plenty of time to get some goodies. 
    • Updated the hue of the hiryu to be more in line with the hue design for the event
    • Story rewards are coming WW (not going to spoil those on TC1)
    • There's a lot of back and forth on some items being to OP, while others are saying they are right on, while others are asking for additional properties.  That's usually a good sign we are right where want to be.
    • All items will show as Shard Bound in the redemption gump

On a final note - I would encourage everyone to actually check out items in-game before they post feedback.  I've seen lots of commentary based on incorrect information and/or assumptions that results in baseless claims.  Please double check your sources!

Thanks again everyone!  See you in Britannia!
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,030
    Kyronix said:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.

Couple points coming in a -

• We are looking at the schedule to see how we can give a full 8 week deployment for the event.  So you'll have plenty of time to get some goodies. 
    • Updated the hue of the hiryu to be more in line with the hue design for the event
    • Story rewards are coming WW (not going to spoil those on TC1)
    • There's a lot of back and forth on some items being to OP, while others are saying they are right on, while others are asking for additional properties.  That's usually a good sign we are right where want to be.
    • All items will show as Shard Bound in the redemption gump

On a final note - I would encourage everyone to actually check out items in-game before they post feedback.  I've seen lots of commentary based on incorrect information and/or assumptions that results in baseless claims.  Please double check your sources!

Thanks again everyone!  See you in Britannia!
    Can we get drops enough to buy each item? I understand we need to test the spawn but extra grinding never fun
  • Click the rose vase next to the turn in vendor, it gives you a leather cap worth 100 points per cap.

Thanks for the update Kyronix. If you guys aren't considering upping the drop rate, please consider adding areas of increased spawn. 
    Is tc1 down?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,172
    Grimbeard said:
    Is tc1 down?
    Not for me it isn't.

@Kyronix - Can we get the armor down to 50 points where the armor was for Deceit last year (which was a 3 month event)?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Click the rose vase next to the turn in vendor, it gives you a leather cap worth 100 points per cap.

Thanks for the update Kyronix. If you guys aren't considering upping the drop rate, please consider adding areas of increased spawn. 

The drop rate isn't really something we want to tinker with.  The drop rate calculation uses several variables (how many mobs you've killed, the difficulty of those mobs, and player luck) to determine when you get a minor artifact.

We go through this every Treasures event...the immediate call is to raise spawn rates.  There were folks on TC1 calling for it within an hour of the publish going live.  That's not to say we are against adjusting it where necessary, but we simply haven't seen enough data to suggest making a change at this stage.

Thank you all for the feedback!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Kyronix said:
    Click the rose vase next to the turn in vendor, it gives you a leather cap worth 100 points per cap.

The drop rate isn't really something we want to tinker with.  The drop rate calculation uses several variables (how many mobs you've killed, the difficulty of those mobs, and player luck) to determine when you get a minor artifact.

We go through this every Treasures event...the immediate call is to raise spawn rates.  There were folks on TC1 calling for it within an hour of the publish going live.  That's not to say we are against adjusting it where necessary, but we simply haven't seen enough data to suggest making a change at this stage.

Thank you all for the feedback!
    Any reason this can't apply to all of tokuno? Hiryu paragons would be fun... especially with the new huntsman trophy.

Also include the pirates,, dread pirates and sea creatures please.

Test Hiryus on LS if needed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 209
    edited October 2023
    Kyronix said:

Finally downloaded FireFox so I could give some feedback more directly...

Sharing what I said in related thread on Stratics... several of these artifacts are too powerful.  In particular...

Mempo - 36 stats PLUS HCI, DCI, LMC and decent resists? (Stam protection to boot)

Raiment chest - 10 stats, 6 regen, SDI, FCR, LMC and LRC?

Holy Warrior gloves - 40 stats, LMC, 15 skill points, reactive holy light, plate for stam protection?

These are all just TOO MUCH.  Stats should be backed down a good bit on the mempo and gloves. Chest should not be giving both 20 LRC and 8 LMC on top of the SDI and FCR.

Don't get me wrong - these items are really cool - really powerful - but these are just exorbitant in terms of the stats for a turn in event.  

Drops from this event shouldn't all immediately become 'best-in-slot' items, and thats what these are.  Even if you backed down stats a bit, most of these are STILL going to be best in slot items.  It's just too much.  I don't know or understand the comment of how anyone could be asking for EVEN MORE mods.  There is no basis in reality for asking for more. 

These items are all so far beyond Global Loot tables that it feels like it erases just all previous years of hard work playing most any other content.  This is the most power creep I've seen in a single event's reward set compared to any past events.   Asking you to reconsider those three in particular.

By all means, not saying you shouldn't be working toward making sure the rewards are worth it or suggesting that they need to be nerfed to nothingness... but those three cited above are overkill.

• Digging the new color!
  • Merlin said:
    Kyronix said:

Finally downloaded FireFox so I could give some feedback more directly...

Sharing what I said in related thread on Stratics... several of these artifacts are too powerful.  In particular...

Mempo - 36 stats PLUS HCI, DCI, LMC and decent resists? (Stam protection to boot)

Raiment chest - 10 stats, 6 regen, SDI, FCR, LMC and LRC?

Holy Warrior gloves - 40 stats, LMC, 15 skill points, reactive holy light, plate for stam protection?

These are all just TOO MUCH.  Stats should be backed down a good bit on the mempo and gloves. Chest should not be giving both 20 LRC and 8 LMC on top of the SDI and FCR.

Don't get me wrong - these items are really cool - really powerful - but these are just exorbitant in terms of the stats for a turn in event.  

Drops from this event shouldn't all immediately become 'best-in-slot' items, and thats what these are.  Even if you backed down stats a bit, most of these are STILL going to be best in slot items.  It's just too much.  I don't know or understand the comment of how anyone could be asking for EVEN MORE mods.  There is no basis in reality for asking for more. 

These items are all so far beyond Global Loot tables that it feels like it erases just all previous years of hard work playing most any other content.  This is the most power creep I've seen in a single event's reward set compared to any past events.   Asking you to reconsider those three in particular.

By all means, not saying you shouldn't be working toward making sure the rewards are worth it or suggesting that they need to be nerfed to nothingness... but those three cited above are overkill.

totally agree they are making loot in game worthless for armors and weapons and crafetd items...so i guess they like people asking for turn in event and saying this is boring there is nothing to do in this game because loot is gardbage and you cant compete tot event archlich 9 mods glove and op items in this year again. they focus on new legacy and seem they dont even know nothing about the current game.
  • VazVaz Posts: 1
    This might be the closest to perfect I have seen a ToT. We arent stuffed into some small dungeon, the spawn isnt so OP that a small shard cant compete, and the rewards are all looking desireable.

Completely disagree that any of them need to be buffed or nerfed. I think the only people who will be upset with this ToT are the scripters/botters who make hundreds of platinums farming global loot or bokutos.

Its nice that there is actually items from the ToT that lets normal players compete against the people who can just take 10 accounts and AFK farm every single day for global loot.
    Vaz said:
    This might be the closest to perfect I have seen a ToT. We arent stuffed into some small dungeon, the spawn isnt so OP that a small shard cant compete, and the rewards are all looking desireable.

Completely disagree that any of them need to be buffed or nerfed. I think the only people who will be upset with this ToT are the scripters/botters who make hundreds of platinums farming global loot or bokutos.

Its nice that there is actually items from the ToT that lets normal players compete against the people who can just take 10 accounts and AFK farm every single day for global loot.
    How many drops per hour are you getting?
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 528
    edited October 2023
    Smoot said:
    nice writeup overall.  except the Kabuto, we already have the same graphic that can be easily obtained (takes about 10 secs to kill the mobs)  100 percent drop rate on barrab warriors in eodon.

for this item to be of any value at all, the TOT version could be made exceptional so at least it would have 500 imbue weight.  or a desireable un-obtainable color.  spawning hue is 1834 (brownish)

Now that's something i didn't know. I had thought that graphic was unique to the Ancient Samurai Helmet.
    What’s wrong with a (really cool) pvm weapon? The Bokuto is the pvp weapon this time around. 

Thing is, that as a Wakizashi, noone would really use it. FWW can apply a Force Walk effect in PvP, but the properties on the wep seem more suited for PvM (Sparks in particular). The Double Axe performs that role better in PvM. As a Daisho, it would have a PvM use. Swords Sampires use the Daisho to solo heavy hitters like the Stygian Dragon.

Jepeth said:

-Shugenja's Wand took me a moment to grasp but now I'm very into it. I'm one of the devoted/dumb players who do run two clients on my two screens and for some events go through the trouble of dragging around a pocket bard. As an example, one of those pocket characters is 4x120 bard skills, GM magery, meditation, and 40 focus. With jewelry and Drogeni's they go to 50 focus, 35 eval, and 120 magery. Switching out that Drogeni's for the wand would lose me that +20 magery and +15 DCI but gain me a lot more MR. A lot a lot. Most of this character's suit is built to get as much MR as possible when I'm trying to keep songs going for huge parties doing EM events, Roof, etc. As @ Violet said, I think this is a great item for support bards and spellcasters who aren't attempting to deal direct damage and need 50% SDI. If I could selfishly ask for a change, even +10 magery would make that a slam dunk for mage support builds and maybe shake things up a bit. I know others have expressed this as well, but the constant arms race of more and more SDI without any meaningful QoL updates to the client to make spellcasting more intuitive has worn thin.
    The only problem though, is that MR from gear hard caps at 30, which is pretty easy to get nowadays with Legendary Artifacts and some Clothing Artifacts that add MR. I've tested mana regeneration rate with up to 93 MR, and it's no different from 30 MR at all. For your Bard/Mage, you'd actually regen Mana faster from the Balakai's Shaman Staff bumping you to 110 Med, than this Shugenja's Ward would (assuming you have 30 total MR from other gear). The 15% DCI on Drogeni's Spellbook does nothing for you if you don't have Wrestling, any mob with 36+ Wrestling would have the capped 95% chance of hitting you when you're wielding a Spellbook with 0 Wrestling, even with 45% DCI.

One of the reasons i think the Wand should have the additional function of a Utility spell charge, like Invisibility or Gate Travel. Plus i just have nostalgia for Charge items.

Add a pet for tamers!!
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited October 2023
    I dig what Merlin is saying about them being too powerful.

Nobody bothers even looking at any gloves in loot anymore as its not possible to loot anything better than Gloves of the Archlich, the same is going to be true for mempo (at least for warriors), and possibly raiment tunic for mages.

We could end up killing monsters and only checking the jewellery.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    @Kyronix is the system that punishes tamers and archers for standing still also in place for this event too?
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    If more than one pet gives you damage reduction in PvM, it should give you some sort of buff to tell you this. Or else everyone needs to keep track in their head which pet gives what damage reduction?
    edited October 2023
    Covfefe said:

Nobody bothers even looking at any gloves in loot anymore as its not possible to loot anything better than Gloves of the Archlich, the same is going to be true for mempo (at least for warriors), and possibly raiment tunic for mages.

Yes for templates that are melee the mempo is great.

Do you have an archer? The mempo has 0 mana regen.

Not everyone plays a swords sampire. I'll give you the same challenge as Merlin.  Post your current stat sheet then post with the mempo. I bet you are max damage on your swordsman before the mempo.

It has no eater or luck. It is fine as is.

Could be a better choice for an archer ot bard if it also had mana regen.  It is also metal not studded.

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    edited October 2023
    Covfefe said:
    If more than one pet gives you damage reduction in PvM, it should give you some sort of buff to tell you this. Or else everyone needs to keep track in their head which pet gives what damage reduction?

Would you switch to EC if this was added to EC, but not CC?

Here's a corollary to think of:  will Microsoft add support for 64bit applications (and using more than 4GB RAM) to Windows 98?

I wonder whether CC-like graphics would ever be added as an option to EC.  That's probably an easier job than porting various engine and interface things from EC into CC.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    edited October 2023
    Covfefe said:

Here's a corollary to think of:  will Microsoft add support for 64bit applications (and using more than 4GB RAM) to Windows 98?

I wonder whether CC-like graphics would ever be added as an option to EC.  That's probably an easier job than porting various engine and interface things from EC into CC.
    Most players, would never switch to EC. 
    It's the gumps, and the graphics, all horrendous, sorry to say.
    The problem with your point of view here, is we have seen Classic Client, go above and beyond, even EC, so it can all be done.

Apologies that is not direct feedback on the event.

The event stuff looks really good - I think the items are really well thought out - and there has been some good player feedback - my only real issue - is I genuinely need about 2000 drops for what I want with my characters, which in the time-frame will be hard, I appreciate trying to lengthen the event time.

For the guys saying these items are too OP - I agree there are a couple of Best in Slot - but appreciate, we have waited about a year for this. Some of us - find the whole pvm style of loot, a complete turn-off, and do not collect it. For some of us - this is the only chance, since the last event, to build our characters. And we have waited a long time. I now have over 20 characters, to try and upgrade, in a short, and rare event time-frame.

I think a lot of templates have been catered for, a huge amount of nice stuff - my only disappointment, is there is nothing for a pure pvp mage. Maybe next time...

• SynnSynn Posts: 17
    Pawain said:
    Covfefe said:

Yes for templates that are melee the mempo is great.

Do you have an archer? The mempo has 0 mana regen.

Not everyone plays a swords sampire. I'll give you the same challenge as Merlin.  Post your current stat sheet then post with the mempo. I bet you are max damage on your swordsman before the mempo.

It has no eater or luck. It is fine as is.

Could be a better choice for an archer ot bard if it also had mana regen.  It is also metal not studded.

I'm with Pawain on this. Totally agree that the mempo and other armor pieces is a top tier items....they are good but not the best... Best would depend on your template and the other pieces of armor.  For my main sword sampire or archer tamer, I would have to compromise a couple slot pieces to make it work in my build and even then... it would be sub-optimal.   
    But for new players or builds, it's a good way to catch up characters that are already equipped. Additionally, it (specifically, the Gloves of the Holy Warrior) does create more viable build options that weren't available before vs. the typical sampire.

I would say keep the items way the it is, fine tune the amount of turn-in points (time) to get it.  
    We have a lot of new/returning players on LS.  This will be their first event.  You have to also consider nice things for them that do not cost plats.

Looking forward to a fun 8 weeks! Don't ruin other players fun because you have everything.

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 209
    edited October 2023
    Synn said:

I'm with Pawain on this. Totally agree that the mempo and other armor pieces is a top tier items....they are good but not the best...
    Which other items or artifacts do you believe are better than the Mempo?  

There are none I am aware of.

Pawain said:
    We have a lot of new/returning players on LS.  This will be their first event.  You have to also consider nice things for them that do not cost plats.

Looking forward to a fun 8 weeks! Don't ruin other players fun because you have everything.

New players shouldn't be starting and immediately have the highest level gear in the game.  This is what makes people bored and then move onto something else.  No other successful game works in such a manner.

The Mempo and gloves are way over powered.   The stats are far too high when considering the other unique bonuses that come with them.   They can still be awesome and unique items if the Str/HP/Stam/Mana are reduced.    The Mempo having 40 stats is absurd.  

My gripe about those two pieces aside - All the other items being offered for this upcoming event are pretty awesome.  I'm glad there aren't as many repeat items as the last event.  It's overall one of the most impressive rewards lists for the ToT type of events.
    edited October 2023
    Covfefe said:

I can’t see the mount damage reduction bonus displayed anywhere on EC either unless I log in with Pincos.
    Without luck on them even if better not all my characters will use them