Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    @ keven2002. Feedback goes here:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13131/publish-116-1-feedback

Yes it is a paroxy copy.
    @ Pawain

Is it a paroxy copy like the Ostard from the other Event was ?

That is, same stats as the Ostard but not really the same stats as the Paroxy (close, but not the same...) ?

Basically, will it be a photocopy of the Ostard from the other Event just with a different look, or is there going to be different in something ?
    What?  The Ostard is an attempted copy of a Bane Dragon. It can be trained to 5 slots.

This Hiryu is a https://www.uoguide.com/Paroxysmus'_Swamp_Dragon

It can not be trained.  If you have a bunch of Paroxysmus swamp dragons then you may not want to get this item.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    @ keven2002. Feedback goes here:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13131/publish-116-1-feedback

Yes it is a paroxy copy.
    @ Pawain

Is it a paroxy copy like the Ostard from the other Event was ?

That is, same stats as the Ostard but not really the same stats as the Paroxy (close, but not the same...) ?

Basically, will it be a photocopy of the Ostard from the other Event just with a different look, or is there going to be different in something ?
    What?  The Ostard is an attempted copy of a Bane Dragon. It can be trained to 5 slots.

This Hiryu is a https://www.uoguide.com/Paroxysmus'_Swamp_Dragon

It can not be trained.  If you have a bunch of Paroxysmus swamp dragons then you may not want to get this item.
    Oh, my bad, I misunderstood that totally... thought it was going to be like the Ostard, a copy of a Bane Dragon but with a different look, not like the Paroxysmus Swamp Dragon that comes as a reward from fighting Chief Paroxysmus.
  • Is character copy to test working for anyone?  I have a tamer there, but wanted to see how the event was going to be on my dexxer.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Stingard said:
    Is character copy to test working for anyone?  I have a tamer there, but wanted to see how the event was going to be on my dexxer.
    Nope TC has a different publish.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • username said:
    Kyronix said:
    We are working through QA - should be hitting TC1 later this week.
    3rd party client bot farmers are frothing at the mouth for the paycheck because you guys refuse to make this stuff account bound. Well done!
    So as someone who just came back after a roughly 7 year break, shard bound is bad enough. I play on a smaller shard and it is almost impossible to find some of the artifacts from the events that occurred while I was gone on my shard. I can find them for days on Atlantic. Making them account bound is a horrible idea in addition to shard bound. Unless you have hours to play per day it would be almost impossible to get the artifacts you desire. Not to mention players, like myself, who have multiple accounts. I would then have to collect the artifacts for other accounts.

Lets address the larger issue, bots. Bots are unfortunately a part of the game that are continuously ignored and fail to be addressed. Putting a band-aid on a stab wound is not going to solve the problem of the stab wound. It only delays the inevitable slow bleed and eventual death. Putting more restrictions on the players who follow the rules only pisses off the players who follow the rules and either forces them to join the bots to be able to obtain your new shard and account bound items, or they quit playing.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    keven2002 said:
    Looks like there might be a paroxy style ozy available as a reward?? I think the damage taken appeared to be less while riding it than on foot... not sure if it's the same damage protection as a paroxy though.

Certainly some interesting rewards this go round. The team listened quite a bit to people's suggestions (30% splintering imbuable bok).

@ Kyronix - Can we PLEASE make the Sentinal's Necklace (Garg) a stone amulet?? The human version mempo is studded which makes it +3 LMC... the garg version should get the same treatment. Gargs were already penalized last event when the bone gloves were made a cloth kilt (instead of stone) for Gargs. It should be the same thing Kilt of Holy Warrior... the human version gloves are plate (+1 LMC) while the cloth kilt (again) is no inherent LMC. Please stop slighting the Garg race... we already get 1 less armor slot.

Same thing with the Kabuto head gear. Cool thing to transmog... Gargs do not benefit from it though. I'd love to see the Gargs actually get the same treatment.

@keven2002 I checked the item ids, the mempo is plate, and the 'necklace' is a plate amulet. The gloves and the kilt are also both plate. The Do is studded, the gargoyle chest is stone.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,032
    Let's go live times a wastin 
    username said:
    Kyronix said:
    We are working through QA - should be hitting TC1 later this week.
    3rd party client bot farmers are frothing at the mouth for the paycheck because you guys refuse to make this stuff account bound. Well done!

Are you remembering the changes that were made to EJ accounts doing these events?

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,172
    Mariah said:
    keven2002 said:
    Looks like there might be a paroxy style ozy available as a reward?? I think the damage taken appeared to be less while riding it than on foot... not sure if it's the same damage protection as a paroxy though.

Certainly some interesting rewards this go round. The team listened quite a bit to people's suggestions (30% splintering imbuable bok).

@ Kyronix - Can we PLEASE make the Sentinal's Necklace (Garg) a stone amulet?? The human version mempo is studded which makes it +3 LMC... the garg version should get the same treatment. Gargs were already penalized last event when the bone gloves were made a cloth kilt (instead of stone) for Gargs. It should be the same thing Kilt of Holy Warrior... the human version gloves are plate (+1 LMC) while the cloth kilt (again) is no inherent LMC. Please stop slighting the Garg race... we already get 1 less armor slot.

Same thing with the Kabuto head gear. Cool thing to transmog... Gargs do not benefit from it though. I'd love to see the Gargs actually get the same treatment.

@ keven2002 I checked the item ids, the mempo is plate, and the 'necklace' is a plate amulet. The gloves and the kilt are also both plate. The Do is studded, the gargoyle chest is stone.

Thanks Mariah - I thought when I equipped the kilt last night my LMC was bumped +1 but maybe it's something with my suit (I didn't try naked).
  • @larissa, Thank you for the gift. I should be good to go now.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• username said:
    What would this even supposedly accomplish? Like I guess if farmers collect a billion of them then their value goes down, but if they can't be traded then their value is functionally zero anyway. I'd farm the one or two things I sort of want and then forget the event was even happening.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    @ larissa, Thank you for the gift. I should be good to go now.

If you need more, let me know :)

Please put all further feedback on the event in the Test center sticky thread
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.