Tot dungeon start

Since the 15th (mid month) is a Sunday can we pretty please get the event on Friday the 13th ? @Kyronix @CM_Fenneko

Comments

• psychopsycho Posts: 292
    Who said there will be a dungeon :D
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited October 2023
    The Dev team would likely need to be on call over the weekend if they released it Friday, in the event things broke or weren't working like attended. If this was another round in Deceit I could see them doing it Friday, but since it sounds like it will be in a new location (Tokuno) and it hasn't hit TC1 (assuming that) it's more likely Monday/Tuesday of it being worldwide.

It's possible they might also drop it into the live Prod testing shards like Origin for the weekend to see how it goes.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    We are working through QA - should be hitting TC1 later this week.
  • keven2002 said:
    The Dev team would likely need to be on call over the weekend if they released it Friday, in the event things broke or weren't working like attended.
    I see no issue with that. 
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    @Kyronix, thank you!!!
  • psychopsycho Posts: 292
    Thank you for the update.

Please test it a lot before the release, Id rather wait a week extra for bug-free content.
    Can just let it run one more week at the end or smth.

/psy
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    Take your time!  I'm on vacation!
     >:) 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Kyronix said:
    3rd party client bot farmers are frothing at the mouth for the paycheck because you guys refuse to make this stuff account bound. Well done!
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Exactly.  Glad you ignore the one person that wants account bound rewards.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Grimms barely spawn, and when they do they rarely have pumpkins on the corpse...but we all know that within 24 hrs of this event starting there will be a thread here with every item that's available..and vendors will be full of them on Atl, but don't worry, it'll be 'working as intended'.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Grimms barely spawn, and when they do they rarely have pumpkins on the corpse...but we all know that within 24 hrs of this event starting there will be a thread here with every item that's available..and vendors will be full of them on Atl, but don't worry, it'll be 'working as intended'.

It's all about the RNG...don't know how many times I have to say that.

This isn't even HALF of the pumpkins I have gotten on Origin. All the small, round ones are being used for another project but I have gotten about 25-30 of those. Had full set of the new pumpkins within 4 days?

So it all depends on Character, Shard, time doing it.....some runs I might get 2 or 3 pumpkins, then later on that day I'll get 8 or 9.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I don't have the playtime you obviously have. The numbers I listed for kits I received were based on those log ins only. I"m sure if I logged in farmed these for 4 days, I would probably have what I need, but life and a job prevent me from that luxury, I don't know how many times I have to say that.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    I do one run first thing in the morning...then not again until later in the day.

I also have a life, I guess I'm just lucky.

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    Think spawn grate for Grimms has always been slow and if you have a lot of players out there looking for them they can be hard to find.  Have no complaints on my shard.  Not that many looking for them when I play, and Grimms not that hard to kill.  Have a rune book with cemetaries and pumpkin field areas.  Just go through the book once or maybe twice a night.  
    edited October 2023
    Kyronix said:
    What will the window be to give feedback on event/rewards on TC1?

I think it makes sense to deploy to TC1 first for feedback but with the timeframe of releasing worldwide "around the 15th" which is Sunday (more likely Monday) that doesn't seem like it gives more than a day or two for actual testing.

I know that spawn area (ie things spawn out of reach) and spawn rate have been reoccurring themes for each ToT event that need to be tweaked. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    edited October 2023
    keven2002 said:
    Kyronix said:
    What will the window be to give feedback on event/rewards on TC1?

I think it makes sense to deploy to TC1 first for feedback but with the timeframe of releasing worldwide "around the 15th" which is Sunday (more likely Monday) that doesn't seem like it gives more than a day or two for actual testing.
    Lets hope this round of QA better than destard..
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    It's a short turn-around.  We are on a tight schedule trying to bring the events live in time for their respective holidays.  The event will sit on TC1 over the weekend, after that we are looking to get WW pretty quickly.
  • Larisa said:
    I do one run first thing in the morning...then not again until later in the day.

Yeah, i do about one run a day maybe (depends on if my Mother is having a good or bad day) I have lots of pumpkins but not enough kits. I'm hoping next week when things aren't as busy at work i can throw an extra run on butchers in to get a couple more. if anyone wants to donate to the "Vic hates the RNG" fund, you can drop kits in my luna or Termur mailboxes. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Larisa said:

Yeah, i do about one run a day maybe (depends on if my Mother is having a good or bad day) I have lots of pumpkins but not enough kits. I'm hoping next week when things aren't as busy at work i can throw an extra run on butchers in to get a couple more. if anyone wants to donate to the "Vic hates the RNG" fund, you can drop kits in my luna or Termur mailboxes. 
    On Origin? 
    Kyronix said:
    It's a short turn-around.  We are on a tight schedule trying to bring the events live in time for their respective holidays.  The event will sit on TC1 over the weekend, after that we are looking to get WW pretty quickly.
    Sounds great!  
    Larisa said:

On Origin? I got you!

• Kyronix said:

You may be able to get some quick feedback before this event shows up on TC1, if there is a tight schedule.  Likely things that will trigger user feedback:
    1. What are the rewards?  What are the stats on the rewards, and what are the point costs for the rewards?
    2. What is the rate of spawn?  (faster / more spawn is commonly mentioned request).
    3. What are the monsters?  What monsters can spawn as paragons?
    4. Where is the event located?  If it's tokuno, is this the entire tokuno map, or something else?
    Thank you!

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    It’s on test now 
    edited October 2023
    Kyronix said:

Hi @ Kyronix!

You may be able to get some quick feedback before this event shows up on TC1, if there is a tight schedule.  Likely things that will trigger user feedback:
    1. What are the rewards?  What are the stats on the rewards, and what are the point costs for the rewards?
    2. What is the rate of spawn?  (faster / more spawn is commonly mentioned request).
    3. What are the monsters?  What monsters can spawn as paragons?
    4. Where is the event located?  If it's tokuno, is this the entire tokuno map, or something else?
    Thank you!

Go to test center and answer those questions.  Thanks
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    edited October 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Larisa said:

On Origin? 
    Thank you. yes, i have what i need on Siege and Mugen. they're apparently Ghost-towns these days and i had no interruptions so i  got enough  to satisfy me on those shards. in a couple of days

• Larisa said:
    Larisa said:

On Origin? I got you!
    **Bows to the Queen**

• how about a rehued bird frame that is either a crow or a raven, dont care which, that makes crow sounds when locked down.... i mean id really love to have atleast 1 halloween deco item from the halloween dungeon event.....    i still want some dyable scattered leaves to. burning wood fragments or leaves of the dryad would provide suitable frames for those.....    pretty pretty plz....
    edited October 2023
    Looks like there might be a paroxy style ozy available as a reward?? I think the damage taken appeared to be less while riding it than on foot... not sure if it's the same damage protection as a paroxy though.

Certainly some interesting rewards this go round. The team listened quite a bit to people's suggestions (30% splintering imbuable bok).

@Kyronix - Can we PLEASE make the Sentinal's Necklace (Garg) a stone amulet?? The human version mempo is studded which makes it +3 LMC... the garg version should get the same treatment. Gargs were already penalized last event when the bone gloves were made a cloth kilt (instead of stone) for Gargs. It should be the same thing Kilt of Holy Warrior... the human version gloves are plate (+1 LMC) while the cloth kilt (again) is no inherent LMC. Please stop slighting the Garg race... we already get 1 less armor slot.

Same thing with the Kabuto head gear. Cool thing to transmog... Gargs do not benefit from it though. I'd love to see the Gargs actually get the same treatment.

edited October 2023
    @keven2002. Feedback goes here:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13131/publish-116-1-feedback

Yes it is a paroxy copy.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Pawain said:
    @ keven2002. Feedback goes here:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13131/publish-116-1-feedback

Yes it is a paroxy copy.
    @Pawain

Is it a paroxy copy like the Ostard from the other Event was ?

That is, same stats as the Ostard but not really the same stats as the Paroxy (close, but not the same...) ?

Basically, will it be a photocopy of the Ostard from the other Event just with a different look, or is there going to be different in something ?
This discussion has been closed.