What we allowed to talk about?

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited July 2023 in General Discussions
“How come there are allowed to be 2 active threads on trammel related topic (idoc) changes when it involves 3rd party client scripters

yet if you mention that same topic for fel related issues, posts get deleted, threads get closed, threats get sent via DM

i don’t see anything in the TOS that mentions trammel having an exemption from rules

considering also, this happens at idocs in trammel maybe 2 or 3 times a day, compared to every single encounter with someone in fel every 30 seconds someone uses a script

Also, i thought once Mesanna has spoken that is it, end of any debate and you have to email if you have problem or anything for next 10 years and threads insta closed (EG people cheating by logging out when dead to prevent their pet dying)
even when there has been a patch update on that very issue.. notably pub 114 adding 5 min cool-down on command undead and dryad allure
or other publishes where pets no longer go wild even so completely negating that avenue of a possibility of a pet being ‘lost’
plus patch where dead pets now auto come to your location when logged in when going through subserver

That is my experience with forum rules and thread closures”
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• We have two active threads.... ??? Wow!!! There's something like that here - with the constant Rocky-Horror-Picture-Show aka Yoshi-Grimbeard-Pawain daily SoapOpera-Talkshow ??? ;)

I have not even noticed!!! Is yes - highly interesting   ... - how is it that hardly anyone notices - only you @Yoshi????

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,408
    edited July 2023
    :D

Hmm Im here as well ;)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,117
    Daily Podcast is coming soon!!!!

Call it The Three Stooges?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "most my posts debunking Pawain
    who say everything working as intended"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • @Mesanna plz insert own Forum for this Podcasting ;)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

" @Pawain @Grimbeard you got discord?
    we could record some discussions/arguments"
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,848
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,034
    Clearly I'm Moe
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    LMAO
    edited July 2023
    "also, there is SUPPOSED to be a cool-down on shurikens
    yet there is a bypass that is used on the cool-down,

let us imagine the way the idoc script worked was it just repeated trying to place (which it doesn't, but imagine the cool-down actually stopped scripters)
    imagine if the scripters just used multiple tools to by-pass cool-down.

well this is what is happening with shurikens/fukiya darts and devs don't give a flying f, scripters just use multiple belts to avoid the cool-down
    and it's all day, not just once every 6 hours at idoc"
    Nope I picture you as Larry @Grimbeard
    Pawain said:
    Nope I picture you as Larry @ Grimbeard
    That's why you're curly 
    edited July 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Nope I picture you as Larry @ Grimbeard
    That's why you're curly 
    I'm OK with Curly.

I have the Woop-Woop Woop-Woop-Woop down.
    edited July 2023
    “let us bear something in mind

i suggested that you should be able to log out with your char instantly during combat (since you can with pets)
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12726/log-out#latest

and this suggestion is closed as is apparently just a troll
    doesn’t that tell you something? 

Yes thread was not for real suggestion as it was to prove a point of how ridiculous it sounds.

Let me ask a question. If when they introduced the pet auto stabling, they - right from day 1 made pets only autostable when your char logged out (and not instantaneously)

and I came along and made a thread to say that I think pets should go instantly to stables even during combat to stop them dying (even if I am aggressor with my pet) and that tamers should die during connection loss/power outage (as pets stop guarding them)

that thread for sure 100% would be closed immediately and deemed a troll also no?”
    the horse is dead
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213
    Skett said:
    the horse is dead

Actually it was saved by logging out.  :D
    :D :D :D
  • JohnKnighthawkeJohnKnighthawke Posts: 408
    edited July 2023
    Given that I see an entire front page of non-locked threads, seems like an awful lot.

EDIT: Ok not an entire front page, but the great majority of it.

Most of the locked threads I've seen are pretty clearly designed to get locked.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,848
    *Logs out of Forum to save sanity*
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited July 2023
    “Darn, people gonna miss your advice about needlessly see sawing skills like it’s 1999”
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,174
    *Logs out of Forum to save sanity*
    Noooooo - then you might not be able to stay logged in the next time you use Chrome!  :#
    “The one and only argument that people had against pet remaining in game until char logs out

was an unlikely fear that pet could go wild during this 5 mins

well guess what, that has gone now, what else you got?”
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,174
    edited July 2023
    Given that it's one of the very few definitive things that Mesanna has spoke about, saying at a M&G at some point that "we won't be changing that", I think energy would be better used to focus on the other grey area stuff like can we actually use 3rd party programs without accounts being actioned?

If that's the case then we should be able to open discuss here which I think would be a good thing to help the common player with stupid repetitive things like resource gathering etc.
    edited July 2023
    “I see you have fallen into Mariah’s misinformation trap
    Mesanna, 3 years ago, was taking about when someone asked about people logging their pet to retrieve it from a stuck location
    Nobody ever mentioned getting rid of that feature, especially me.
    its just a trick Pawain etc do as a play on words to relate one unrelated thing to another. If you see the full transcript the guy asking the question was talking about this. And NOT logging out to prevent it dying.

I was in complete agreement with Mesanna on that issue

let me ask a question though, is there some sort of cheat that a 3rd party can do to prevent pet from dying? 
    No, nothing in the 30+ pages of scripts I’ve seen is that big of a cheat

being able to get advantage in house placement once every 6 hours is nothing compared to how often people be logging out to prevent pet death”

edited July 2023
    “Here it is
    Meet and Greet 9/28/2020 Great Lakes:

Watcher: one big vote for not to remove the login to retrieve pets fix
    Watcher: last week was at EM event with monsters that shove you away from them
    Mesanna: we are not touching that
    Watcher: pet was shoved into an inaccessible wall area at gargoyle shrine
    Watcher: only way was to log in and out to retrieve the pet
    Watcher: in ilshenar
    Watcher: so thats for leaving that in!

They 100% talking about logging out to retrieve it from a stuck location which i am all for. And have always been all for.
    i only interested in cool-down same as publish 114 for dryad allure/command undead to prevent people logging out to prevent death without affecting this

but the disinformation warriors don’t show you the full transcript or try and make out falsely that it was ever suggested by anyone to remove login to retrieve pet - is lies

Show me post where it said to remove it

If I was Mesanna, and someone asked me same question, I would respond exactly same as Mesanna, she give good answer to the question, same as I would give, and then later correctly went on to adjust log out cool-down to some followers,
    but should be extended to all”
    :(
    "I guess i am just bias because
    I have trained veterinary to 120"
    Yoshi said:
    “Here it is
    Meet and Greet 9/28/2020 Great Lakes:

Watcher: one big vote for not to remove the login to retrieve pets fix
    Watcher: last week was at EM event with monsters that shove you away from them
    Mesanna: we are not touching that
    Watcher: pet was shoved into an inaccessible wall area at gargoyle shrine
    Watcher: only way was to log in and out to retrieve the pet
    Watcher: in ilshenar
    Watcher: so thats for leaving that in!

They 100% talking about logging out to retrieve it from a stuck location which i am all for. And have always been all for.
    i only interested in cool-down same as publish 114 for dryad allure/command undead to prevent people logging out to prevent death without affecting this

but the disinformation warriors don’t show you the full transcript or try and make out falsely that it was ever suggested by anyone to remove login to retrieve pet - is lies

Show me post where it said to remove it

If I was Mesanna, and someone asked me same question, I would respond exactly same as Mesanna, she give good answer to the question, same as I would give, and then later correctly went on to adjust log out cool-down to some followers,
    but should be extended to all”
    Are the tamers really beating you so badly?  Are you just driven to insanity by not being able to kill thier pet ? Why of all the hills you can die on is this your go to? 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Grimbeard said:
    Yoshi said:
    “BLAH BLAH BLAH”
    Are the tamers really beating you so badly?  Are you just driven to insanity by not being able to kill their pet ? Why of all the hills you can die on is this your go to? 
    A friggen MEN Grim
    edited July 2023
    "instead ask why certain people are going so far out of their way to stop common sense? as to lie and manipulate people so they can carry on cheating in a game

then again i also think cannons should need cannonball to deal damage too, so i must be completely in the wrong, that thread got locked too
    again i must just be bias cos i have blacksmith"
This discussion has been closed.