• SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    @LilyGrace ; I wasn't reacting to your post at all
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    Yoshi said:
    "should not get to stage where people have to resort to negativity,

customer pays for product
    customer reports bug
    supplier fixes bug

shouldn't really have to get to stage where customer resorts to bomb threats or whatever it is that gets them banned, or moreover people just playing a different game or free shard instead.

something that would prob take 3 mins to fix escalates and escalates"
    Like the forum log in issue. It's put on the priority list deemed important by the developers who know what benefits the most players.  Use your work around and quit saying the same stuff over and over. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "okay, my work around for nerve strike debuff is to use 3rd party client, same as many others,

I didn't want to do this"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    "should not get to stage where people have to resort to negativity,

customer pays for product
    customer reports bug
    supplier fixes bug

shouldn't really have to get to stage where customer resorts to bomb threats or whatever it is that gets them banned, or moreover people just playing a different game or free shard instead.

something that would prob take 3 mins to fix escalates and escalates"
    Like the forum log in issue. It's put on the priority list deemed important by the developers who know what benefits the most players.  Use your work around and quit saying the same stuff over and over. 
    Where does the lighthouse that people bought and doesn't work bug sit on the list of deemed whats important? its only been what 3 YEARS
  • Zero communication from the devs, third party clients, and lack of new content. Pretty simple as to why people don’t play anymore. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,176
    Becoming pretty clear that the only "important" thing over the last 3 years has been a project where we've only seen a handful of screenshots and a repeating line of "how will you forge your legacy?". No real substance, like how skill gain will work or types of quests, of what to expect from this project. 

In the meantime the rest of game (and forum) has gone into disrepair and their solution seems like it's to be silent "because Dev team is busy with NL since it is more important". That's a good way to speed up the loss of subscriptions imo. It also puts the team in a position where anything short of a homerun on NL will be considered failure due to the fact that revenue generated from NL still wouldn't outweigh the loss of revenue from canceled subscriptions.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 294
    Why are people leaving?  Its a 25 year old game with 0 updates in the last 6 months.  Antiquated graphics and UI.  Only game I know that actually manages 2 clients (ridiculous).

New Legacy was joke from inception.
    "How to save UO" - Create a new server because 90% of existing servers are empty.

They should have re-worked KR client, fixed some of the ugly artwork, beefed up the UI (EC UI) and this game would have more subscribers.    This is only isometric MMO really out there (lost ark doesn't count.  Its a pathetic POE lobby by AGS trash)

• JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    Reading this thread while waiting in line with 200-something other people for these summer games is incredibly silly.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,039
    Jepeth said:
    Reading this thread while waiting in line with 200-something other people for these summer games is incredibly silly.
    200 there could be 50 actual people..
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    Unsubscribe your accounts and let’s find out.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    SWTOR has updates.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213
    Jepeth said:

200 may seem like a lot but considering there's 27 shards, that equals roughly 7.5 people per shard attending, which is a very very low number. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,855
    Urge said:
    Jepeth said:

200 may seem like a lot but considering there's 27 shards, that equals roughly 7.5 people per shard attending, which is a very very low number. 
    But considering they did it on a work day in the middle of the day, I'd say thats a large number.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited July 2023
    Also that was just one line. There were others.  The most common complaint seems to be long lines.  Pretty  good for a game that has been declared dead by so many for so long.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213
    Urge said:
    But considering they did it on a work day in the middle of the day, I'd say thats a large number.

Middle of the day for stateside. Primetime for the euro crowd. But i did also forget to factor the mass people that religiously vacation on the week of the 4th. 

I suppose this could be a classic example of seeing it half full or half empty. 
  • keven2002 said:
    Becoming pretty clear that the only "important" thing over the last 3 years has been a project where we've only seen a handful of screenshots and a repeating line of "how will you forge your legacy?". No real substance, like how skill gain will work or types of quests, of what to expect from this project. 
    I hope that they are not making the same mistake that the Overwatch team did. They set out to create a really ambitious game update and content stagnated for years. It really doesn’t have anything to do with money or manpower. Overwatch was one of the largest games in the world and poor management decisions have really killed it. 

I just made another topic on how the development team could explore the power of AI to greatly improve the amount of content and bug fixing. AI is a great tool when you use it where it is best at. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2023
    Marge said:
    Arnold7 said:
     Fewer posters here than a year ago

That one is easy to understand. Most are sick of the same few people beating the same dead horse.
    If the Dev are more proactive in solving the problems then perhaps there will not be much "dead horse" to beat. Obviously, problems are not resolved, so what do you expect players to do? Accept the fact and eat that horse?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2023
    Drago said:
    Why are people leaving?  Its a 25 year old game with 0 updates in the last 6 months.  Antiquated graphics and UI.  Only game I know that actually manages 2 clients (ridiculous).

New Legacy was joke from inception.
    "How to save UO" - Create a new server because 90% of existing servers are empty.

They should have re-worked KR client, fixed some of the ugly artwork, beefed up the UI (EC UI) and this game would have more subscribers.    This is only isometric MMO really out there (lost ark doesn't count.  Its a pathetic POE lobby by AGS trash)

This is the reason I was never interested in NL. If I need a new game there are better options than a revised old (legacy themed) Ultima Online. As I have said in some posts long ago their solution to the diluted population base is to further dilute the base using NL new server... what about US? abandon shard (ware)? They should revert and focus on making the main game great again. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 652

Play game, have fun. Enjoy the friends and make memories while you can. What happens, happens.
    Enjoy the moment.

^^^ That was (a little still I do) me !!!  ^^^
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 161
    Marge said:
    Arnold7 said:

That one is easy to understand. Most are sick of the same few people beating the same dead horse.
    And also there has been an issue staying logged in here to post. Most reasonable people are not going to go through hoops just to post a few things. If they are already logged in, it's more likely for them post more. 
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
    Marge said:
    Arnold7 said:

And also there has been an issue staying logged in here to post. Most reasonable people are not going to go through hoops just to post a few things. If they are already logged in, it's more likely for them post more. 
    We all have to log in every 24 hrs. The phone I am using this week has to log in over and over until it sticks.  If you do not have more than 30 seconds worth of patience, maybe you should not post about a game that has no end and has been going on for 26 years. It is not a game for the impatient. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
     ;) 
    edited July 2023
    When I see some of the post (haven't seen them in awhile) I feel very Impatient no way Im going to read them way tooooo long. im sure others know how I feel...I need a soda Pop :s
     :D 
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    On the SWTOR forums I only have to log in once.
    Rocko said:
    On the SWTOR forums I only have to log in once.
    They only want active accounts to log in. Therefore you can't just stay logged in. Have to verify it each day.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,314
    edited July 2023
    I can read the forum any time I want without having to log on.  Don’t mind having to log on if I want to post. This isn’t twitter or Facebook.  Believe what UO requires is commonly required on many of these kinds of sites.  
    I guess Stratics is also broken to you all because I have to log in every day there also
    you can stay logged in on stratics