I reported myself

2»

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2023
    Pawain said:

Attunement works as designed. Just not how YOU want it to work.

"so are you going to write a bug report for EC then? since it's fixed in EC...
    and write a bug report to make it not work...

or you think it's designed to work completely different for each client?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2023
    Yoshi said:
    Seth said:
    They didn't ban you probably because they could not believe anyone would be so dumb as to report themselves. Its like the robber confessing he just robbed a bank.
    “People plead guilty in court all the time, doesn’t mean they all walk free”
    No, nobody reported you, but you walked into the police station to report yourself.
    "hey dude, I just robbed a bank! Arrest me now!"

Huh!?

It is not as if someone reported you and then you plead guilty to reduce the sentence, before they ban you.

But anyway, maybe they still value your bugs reporting.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,137
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    "ah okay, didn't happen, they instantly ban anyone who logs in on 3rd party okay"
    95+% of UO would belive this because they have no want or need to use cheats to play better than others. 

So how much time should be invested in the 2% of UO who will do what you already said,  that you would continue to use the 3rd party client even if UO fixed your "bugs".  Waste of their time, waste of yours. 

Age of Empires has a clicky for cheat mode so all the players can choose that or to play without them. Many more players play AoE than UO.

You don't serious believe that only 5% of the population uses some form of cheat ? DId I read your reply wrong ?  You got it backwards.
    That one guy doing the trade runs you complain about is what % of UO?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    This thread continues to disappoint. 
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 247
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    "ah okay, didn't happen, they instantly ban anyone who logs in on 3rd party okay"
    95+% of UO would belive this because they have no want or need to use cheats to play better than others. 

So how much time should be invested in the 2% of UO who will do what you already said,  that you would continue to use the 3rd party client even if UO fixed your "bugs".  Waste of their time, waste of yours. 

Age of Empires has a clicky for cheat mode so all the players can choose that or to play without them. Many more players play AoE than UO.

You don't serious believe that only 5% of the population uses some form of cheat ? DId I read your reply wrong ?  You got it backwards.
    I thought even mesanna herself admitted at a meet and greet a few years back that she used a loop program .
    edited June 2023
    @Pawain show me just 1 video on YouTube of someone pvping on Atlantic in the lst year without using any cheats or 3rd party bug fixes.

Shold be easy, should be 98% of them according to your stats”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ Pawain show me just 1 video on YouTube of someone pvping on Atlantic in the lst year without using any cheats or 3rd party bug fixes.

Shold be easy, should be 98% of them according to your stats”

PvP is what is 2% of UO.  Show some PvM videos of players using cheats so we can laugh at them.
    "pvp is 2% of the game okay..."
    Yoshi said:
    "pvp is 2% of the game okay..."
    So why attempt to change things that are working as is intended to the way Mervyn wants them to work for 2% of the player base.
    edited June 2023
    "who want to change what?

if you're talking about attunement,
    it is working on EC, people must download third party client for fix for 2d

I don't think this is dev intention.

and let us say they fixed it for CC, how it will be bad for you in trammel to have it work properly in trammel too?
    if it is on cooldown and you try cast spell, for it to give a message about cooldown, how will that be bad for you?
    instead of waste your mana in trammel too and give message saying you must wait but not tell you how long.."

edited June 2023
    "the person who is responsible for QA at broadsword.
    When their check arrives in the mail each month, they don't wonder where it comes from? they just cash it each month?"
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Yoshi said:
    "I reported myself for using third party program from another account,

no action taken"
    I have wondered at times if I should do that. I did make my own GM once when they would not show up, dying bandages yellow and red, with a couple of yarn balls dyed black.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,043
    I'd recommend doing it again and live stream in entirety.. unless it's just another yoshi make believe 
    “Feel free to report me or anyone else a at yew gate if you don’t believe”
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 917
    edited June 2023

Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:

I thought even mesanna herself admitted at a meet and greet a few years back that she used a loop program .
       she said she used UO loop at an unscheduled meeting on LS like 5-6-ish years ago now, it had to do with a governor election issue of moonglow I believe.

there was also a player there (I played with ~10 or so years ago) that said they were currently logged in on UOSt**m during that same meeting and absolutely nothing happened.

of course UO loop isn't even comparable to the programs people are running today, but in all honesty, UOLoop isn't exactly 'approved' either, but you won't be botting anything that isn't 'direct-to-pack' with it either.   you'd need one of the most used clients to get away with that... as the majority is currently doing.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,182
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:

Hasn't anyone learned that Pawain just makes up random numbers to support his case? Just like something isn't an issue if he's not experiencing it. Then someone questions where he gets his numbers from and he deflects to something else, usually "well I don't have that issue" or "the game works fine for me". At this point, I'd probably make the argument that Pawain does more for this game, by the way of pom pom waving & denying issues, than the head of QA does. Maybe he should get Misk's paycheck from now on... we might not like it but at least Pawain would be working for the money.

If I had to guess, over half the people playing UO are using something that hasn't specifically been sanctioned by UO which could be considered a cheat by people that aren't using them. Have any of the mapping tools used with UO specifically been approved? That said, Mesanna is also the one that said something to the effect of "do what it takes to win" so I'm not sure if that's really the best message when saying we shouldn't use whatever we can for an advantage.
    edited June 2023
    "yes its same as me logging into World of warcraft forum when i don't play it and posting on their bug list that everything is working fine for me..

I got 3000+ posts most of which are explaining to him how wrong he is in all his 7000+

He trying to say attunement working as intended, when it works completely different on EC to CC (EC is no problem) and i didn't even check EC when i wrote my bug report for CC, yet EC handles spell exactly as my expected result for CC...

and its fixed on third party client so even Russians figured how it's supposed to work"
    edited June 2023
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:

Hasn't anyone learned that Pawain just makes up random numbers to support his case? Just like something isn't an issue if he's not experiencing it. Then someone questions where he gets his numbers from and he deflects to something else, usually "well I don't have that issue" or "the game works fine for me". At this point, I'd probably make the argument that Pawain does more for this game, by the way of pom pom waving & denying issues, than the head of QA does. Maybe he should get Misk's paycheck from now on... we might not like it but at least Pawain would be working for the money.

If I had to guess, over half the people playing UO are using something that hasn't specifically been sanctioned by UO which could be considered a cheat by people that aren't using them. Have any of the mapping tools used with UO specifically been approved? That said, Mesanna is also the one that said something to the effect of "do what it takes to win" so I'm not sure if that's really the best message when saying we shouldn't use whatever we can for an advantage.
    Yet Yoshi agreed with the 2% of players are in fel  that are using his client for cheating purposes. 98% PvM and have never seen or heard of his "bugs". Come back when you can post something true.  See ya next year, maybe.
    edited June 2023
    "i said okay sarcastically, because the figure is so ridiculous

you're trying to say that only 2% of the uo pop pvp? its not even worth arguing its so wrong, you're in your own little bubble.
    When every single discord i enter, you get maybe 1 woman who is doing pvm, everyone else is pvp

with the exception of EM events, the only place you see 30+ people actively playing is fel yew

you know all those tournaments in korea for league of legends etc that draw football stadiums of crowds, I can't see that going to happen for someone spamming AI on a monster for 30 mins..

also, the only reason people PvM in the first place it to obtain items to PvP with, so even the people doing pvm are only doing it to assist in PvP. Maybe there are some people who play only to PvM but they could do that offline.."
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    This is not the forum where we post disrespectful posts about one another.  
This discussion has been closed.