I reported myself

"I reported myself for using third party program from another account,

no action taken"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Cool story.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,855
    Did a GM show up and if so, did you respond to them? what third party program (i know you can't name it,, but name what it does) we need more details on the matter.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “No gm did not show or ask any questions “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 906
    I feel like people are more likely to get banned for using legal programs.. cause it's probably more rare for  GM to encounter someone playing without any cheats.  

This is the saddest state of the game I've ever seen it in.

the account you paged on I'm assuming was an EJ account?  if nothing happened to an EJ account then UO's f**ked.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited June 2023
    “No I paged on my paid vet account,
    Didn’t receive a message to stop using third party client or anything”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    Yoshi said:
    Well then it must be legal. I drove over 100 miles today going 85 on the highway.  Speed limit signs must be wrong and what I was doing was OK also.

Now that you know it is fine to use your client are you going to stop complaining/advertising it daily?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited June 2023
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    Well then it must be legal. I drove over 100 miles today going 85 on the highway.  Speed limit signs must be wrong and what I was doing was OK also.

Now that you know it is fine to use your client are you going to stop complaining/advertising it daily?

Nah, but you hear about people being banned for boxing up vorpal bunnies?

Third-party program use should be considered at least 500x more of an offense, yet no bans?
     if you think about it, most of the issues in UO are caused by third-party clients/cheats/bots ,all done with the same few 'tools'.

Could you imagine UO where the devs don't turn a blind eye to cheaters?  -it'd be dead for a while if there were suddenly a mass-banning of cheaters, you might see a few people running around... i can tell you champ spawns would be very safe on all shards, except the super duper easy to check ones  (despise, deceit, destard, fire)  people don't even remember the route they used to take checking spawns manually anymore because now there are cams for that and every guild uses them.  -btw, Cams are probably the least damaging 'cheat' in UO.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Now that you reported yourself take the next step and perma ban yourself.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213
    CovenantX said:

I can tell you champ spawns would be very safe on all shards, except the super duper easy to check ones  (despise, deceit, destard, fire) 

They're pretty safe as is now. I can do despise whenever I want on Atl. Merv is the only one that's ever "raided". 
    When you do something they can see clearly they punish you.  Do the GMs know what client you are using to send commands to UO?  I don't know,  do you?

Do they see hay blocking a recall spot, do they see items blocking the path of a mob. Yes. 

It's been a year, I need to ask for the hay bail account to get unbanned.  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    edited June 2023
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:

If using Third Party clients is accepted with Ultima Online, should this now be the case, why cannot this be stated, OFFICIALLY, rather then letting players have to "guess it" on their own and still remain in doubt ?

I mean, a Rule, to my humble opinion, needs to be set in stone, clear for all to understand and go with it.

If using Third Party software with Ultima Online is now legit, I think this should be stated OFFICIALLY.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213
    Props to Popps for getting the point across in a brief statement. Bravo. Keep it short n sweet. 

Fully agree but if anything is made "official" it'll make it hard to backtrack in case they ever do decide to take action. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,992Moderator
    I cannot speak officially, but I can give you my logical take on the situation.
    Using a 3rd party application, in any capacity, is a security risk to your account. I believe Broadsword would be unwise to give a green light to the use of any program they have no control over for this reason.
    edited June 2023
    Mariah said:

Using a 3rd party application, in any capacity, is a security risk to your account.

"I've been saying this for years.

Should not need to download bug fixes from insecure source,
    broadsword should release its own bug fixes"
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Urge said:
    Props to Popps for getting the point across in a brief statement. Bravo. Keep it short n sweet. 

Fully agree but if anything is made "official" it'll make it hard to backtrack in case they ever do decide to take action. 
    Exactly why they want to reside in the grey area: they don't have to take action. 

Plus, its hard to keep track of all the "bans" for the monthly newsletter..........
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,411
    I read several pvp discord channels daily and it seems as though almost all of the pvpers use 3d party client. it sounds like its far better than our 2d client. If they took action on all the players using other clients you would probably kill the game off.

not sure why anyone cares about this at this point just enjoy your own game play.  
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    They didn't ban you probably because they could not believe anyone would be so dumb as to report themselves. Its like the robber confessing he just robbed a bank.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 652
    Once Yoshi stops posting we'll assume he was successful in getting himself banned. >:)
    edited June 2023
    “If you post a video of people playing uo with cheats from YouTube, you’re more likely to get banned from forum than the person in the video who is actually using the cheats”
    edited June 2023
    Seth said:
    They didn't ban you probably because they could not believe anyone would be so dumb as to report themselves. Its like the robber confessing he just robbed a bank.
    “People plead guilty in court all the time, doesn’t mean they all walk free”
    Yoshi said:
    Mariah said:

Using a 3rd party application, in any capacity, is a security risk to your account.

"I've been saying this for years.

Should not need to download bug fixes from insecure source,
    broadsword should release its own bug fixes"
       There's that full circle.

TBH,if the official shards don't take it seriously, why should the players?

ICQ# 478 633 659
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 652
    A year ago I asked, in a very sincere mood, 'What is the official stance on using 3rd party scripts' in this thread here. I never expected there would be so much interest expressed or so many opinions offered but the thing that REALLY gets me is the silence from those that could give us clarity.
    My personal opinion is that, like we all know, some things just can't be said aloud. So I've decided that for as long as I can,  I will play the game like I always have, doing my own thing, one click of the mouse at a time and not fret about the rest.

edited June 2023
    "you probably play in trammel where you're not hit by bugs every 5 seconds that get you killed,

when i play in trammel, i experience pretty much 0 bugs, and can play on broadsword client no problems at all, it's almost as if they never tested it in fel and all the testing was done in trammel"
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 92
    Yoshi said:
    "I reported myself for using third party program from another account,

no action taken"

Wayne? As long as you don't provide any/more details, anyone can state a thing like that.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
    "ah okay, didn't happen, they instantly ban anyone who logs in on 3rd party okay"
    Yoshi said:
    "ah okay, didn't happen, they instantly ban anyone who logs in on 3rd party okay"
    95+% of UO would belive this because they have no want or need to use cheats to play better than others. 

So how much time should be invested in the 2% of UO who will do what you already said,  that you would continue to use the 3rd party client even if UO fixed your "bugs".  Waste of their time, waste of yours. 

Age of Empires has a clicky for cheat mode so all the players can choose that or to play without them. Many more players play AoE than UO.
    edited June 2023
    "can you show your source for the 95+%
    and 2% figures please

i guess rather than fixing attunement bug, what the game really needs is more huntmaster trophies.."
    edited June 2023
    I agree with that. And more rewards. Some new hat and shield blanks.

Attunement works as designed. Just not how YOU want it to work.
    edited June 2023
    "lol okay, it works just fine for me now on 3rd party client

leave it broken for those broadsword client shmucks

just label absolutely everything as working as intended

client crash, working as designed

"

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    95+% of UO would belive this because they have no want or need to use cheats to play better than others. 

So how much time should be invested in the 2% of UO who will do what you already said,  that you would continue to use the 3rd party client even if UO fixed your "bugs".  Waste of their time, waste of yours. 

Age of Empires has a clicky for cheat mode so all the players can choose that or to play without them. Many more players play AoE than UO.

You don't serious believe that only 5% of the population uses some form of cheat ? DId I read your reply wrong ?  You got it backwards.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
This discussion has been closed.