Nope

2»

Comments

• drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    popps said:
    Tim said:
    Cookie said:
    Look - if the conversation is about T Maps. The entire loot table needs an upgrade.

The same for VvV.

The same for most Dungeons.

The same for Crafting, and many BoDs rewards, and Imbuing etc etc.

But don't get all of that, confused with powerscrolls.

I'm not a fan of the current Armour property set-up etc, think it needs a complete rethink, but still nothing to do with powerscrolls. Don't mess up the 1 system that is still working.
    Power scroll system may be working for you.
    But from the number of times this thread comes up it obviously isn't working of a great number of players.
    Well said.

Powerscrolls work for that minority of players controlling their Spawns, not for all that majority of players left out from them and having to then engage into mindless and alienating grinds in order to earn the outrageous gold necessary to satisfy the greed of that minority controlling the Champion Spawns who holds a monopoly on them....

It is called a "Monopoly" and it is considered VERY bad for the economy, usually, considered that most countries have usually anti-trust Governmental Agencies to "break" such Monopolies....

Because they are BAD for the economy and artificially increase prices and, consequentially, inflation...

Ultima Online is no different, to my opinion....

Permitting a minority of players to control Champion Spawns and thus the flow of Powerscrolls into the economy of the game promotes the MONOPOLY of them and, thus, artificially inflates prices.

Adding 115s to Treasure Chests would be a good and valid way, to my opinion, to "break" this Monopoly and to help that majority of UO players left out from Powerscrolls to have a viable alternate way to get their 120s without having to engage into mindless and alienating grinds to earn the gold necessary to satisfy the greed of that minority of players who have a tight Monopoly on the spawn of Powerscrolls (also thanking to the widespread possible use of hidden, stealthing free EJ scripted BOT Cams.....).

Because, eventually, forcing players to have to engage into alienating, mindless "grinds" to earn ridicolously high amount of gold to then afford purchasing 120 powerscrolls, can result in many among these players to then get "burnt out" and loose interest in the game and no longer want to log in UO.... and the game then looses players.....

@ Kyronix , what do the Developers want.... that players can enjoy playing UO and thus were to continue logging in the game, or that they get "burnt out" because forced by game mechanics and Design to have to engage into alienating "grinds" to have to earn ridicolously high amounts of gold in order to purchase 120s which they need for their characters and pets because a minority of players have been allowed to hold a Monopoly on the spawns of Powerscrolls ?

Adding 115s to Felucca Treasure Chests would be a good thing, IMHO, for the better sake of UO.

Break that damn Powerscrolls Monopoly held by a minority of players at the expense of a majority of UO players.

It's *checks calendar* 2023.  Not the early/mid 2000s.  THERE IS NO MONOPOLY ON POWER SCROLLS.  And there hasn't been for several years.  Prior to the pet revamp, literally nobody who had remained active through the years cared about scrolls.  The pet revamp breathed new life into what was a dying system of rewards, because every single 120 was ridiculously cheap before that.  As I recall, you could get a 120 tactics for 10-20 mil.

There is only ONE problem here, and you (along with others that are making the same complaint) refuse to see it, when it's plain as day to the people who have actually played in Fel (regardless of our activity level in the "modern" era of UO): you are a lazy *** that doesn't want to put in the actual work of doing content.  You can cover it up with "I don't want to get raided or participate in pvp" all you want.  But it's just a flimsy excuse for the real issue.

Let me put it another way for you.  Do I like doing EM events?  No, especially on my main shard (LS); I am VERY vocal when it comes to criticizing EM Thrixx and complaining about the issues that have been present in the events I've done on LS since I started doing them again.  But I do them anyway, because I'm well aware of the money that can be made from them.  It's the same for my Shadowguard runs.  I am in no way guaranteed to get the big ticket item (the Enchantress's Cameo), though I give myself 3 chances at one every time I go there.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    Tim said:
    Cookie said:
    Look - if the conversation is about T Maps. The entire loot table needs an upgrade.

The same for VvV.

I'm not a fan of the current Armour property set-up etc, think it needs a complete rethink, but still nothing to do with powerscrolls. Don't mess up the 1 system that is still working.
    But from the number of times this thread comes up it obviously isn't working of a great number of players.
    Well said.

Powerscrolls work for that minority of players controlling their Spawns, not for all that majority of players left out from them and having to then engage into mindless and alienating grinds in order to earn the outrageous gold necessary to satisfy the greed of that minority controlling the Champion Spawns who holds a monopoly on them....

It is called a "Monopoly" and it is considered VERY bad for the economy, usually, considered that most countries have usually anti-trust Governmental Agencies to "break" such Monopolies....

Because they are BAD for the economy and artificially increase prices and, consequentially, inflation...

Permitting a minority of players to control Champion Spawns and thus the flow of Powerscrolls into the economy of the game promotes the MONOPOLY of them and, thus, artificially inflates prices.

Adding 115s to Treasure Chests would be a good and valid way, to my opinion, to "break" this Monopoly and to help that majority of UO players left out from Powerscrolls to have a viable alternate way to get their 120s without having to engage into mindless and alienating grinds to earn the gold necessary to satisfy the greed of that minority of players who have a tight Monopoly on the spawn of Powerscrolls (also thanking to the widespread possible use of hidden, stealthing free EJ scripted BOT Cams.....).

Because, eventually, forcing players to have to engage into alienating, mindless "grinds" to earn ridicolously high amount of gold to then afford purchasing 120 powerscrolls, can result in many among these players to then get "burnt out" and loose interest in the game and no longer want to log in UO.... and the game then looses players.....

@ Kyronix , what do the Developers want.... that players can enjoy playing UO and thus were to continue logging in the game, or that they get "burnt out" because forced by game mechanics and Design to have to engage into alienating "grinds" to have to earn ridicolously high amounts of gold in order to purchase 120s which they need for their characters and pets because a minority of players have been allowed to hold a Monopoly on the spawns of Powerscrolls ?

Adding 115s to Felucca Treasure Chests would be a good thing, IMHO, for the better sake of UO.

Break that damn Powerscrolls Monopoly held by a minority of players at the expense of a majority of UO players.

It's *checks calendar* 2023.  Not the early/mid 2000s.  THERE IS NO MONOPOLY ON POWER SCROLLS.  And there hasn't been for several years.  Prior to the pet revamp, literally nobody who had remained active through the years cared about scrolls.  The pet revamp breathed new life into what was a dying system of rewards, because every single 120 was ridiculously cheap before that.  As I recall, you could get a 120 tactics for 10-20 mil.

There is only ONE problem here, and you (along with others that are making the same complaint) refuse to see it, when it's plain as day to the people who have actually played in Fel (regardless of our activity level in the "modern" era of UO): you are a lazy *** that doesn't want to put in the actual work of doing content.  You can cover it up with "I don't want to get raided or participate in pvp" all you want.  But it's just a flimsy excuse for the real issue.

Let me put it another way for you.  Do I like doing EM events?  No, especially on my main shard (LS); I am VERY vocal when it comes to criticizing EM Thrixx and complaining about the issues that have been present in the events I've done on LS since I started doing them again.  But I do them anyway, because I'm well aware of the money that can be made from them.  It's the same for my Shadowguard runs.  I am in no way guaranteed to get the big ticket item (the Enchantress's Cameo), though I give myself 3 chances at one every time I go there.
    Lazy ?

EXCUSE ME ?

Doing Treasure Maps is not being lazy, and having to get many of them, find the locations of many of them, fight the Guardians for many of them hardly looks as being "lazy  " to me....

Wanting 115s to be added to Felucca Treasure Chests is by no means wanting to be lazy because there is a whole lot of work and time associated to have to do all of the many Treasure Maps which would be required to be done in order to them gather the necessary 10 x "matching" 115s to bind into a single 120.

Honestly, how can all of this work and effort be called "lazy", I fail to understand....
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 914
    popps said:
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    Tim said:
    Cookie said:

The same for VvV.

Well said.

Lazy ?

EXCUSE ME ?

Doing Treasure Maps is not being lazy, and having to get many of them, find the locations of many of them, fight the Guardians for many of them hardly looks as being "lazy  " to me....

Wanting 115s to be added to Felucca Treasure Chests is by no means wanting to be lazy because there is a whole lot of work and time associated to have to do all of the many Treasure Maps which would be required to be done in order to them gather the necessary 10 x "matching" 115s to bind into a single 120.

Honestly, how can all of this work and effort be called "lazy", I fail to understand....
    You clearly don't do many T Maps,  if you did you would see the scripting industry ruining that as well, so putting 115 etc would give even MORE to RMT sites. 

Do your research before asking of the "easy" button
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    edited April 2023
    popps said:
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    Tim said:
    Cookie said:

The same for VvV.

Well said.

Lazy ?

EXCUSE ME ?

Why stop there then?  Why not add Doom Arties and the Shadowguard drops to treasure chests?  You're deliberately missing the point: there's already content you can do for the things you want (in this case, 115's) that you AREN'T DOING.  If you really wanted these scrolls, you would actively farm the thing that rewards them.  If, for whatever reason, you're unwilling to do said content, there are FAR more lucrative alternatives that will allow you to buy them: Underwater Boss.  Shadowguard.  EM Events.  You can even sell prepatch White Wyrms and Nightmares, should you have any that haven't been turned into 5 slot pets.

You have options to get the things you want.  Why complain on the forums when your time would be better spent actually PLAYING the game?
    popps said:
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    Tim said:
    Cookie said:

The same for VvV.

Well said.

Lazy ?

EXCUSE ME ?

You clearly don't do many T Maps,  if you did you would see the scripting industry ruining that as well, so putting 115 etc would give even MORE to RMT sites. 

Do your research before asking of the "easy" button
    I have been saying it for long.... scripting needs to be addressed at its roots... which it is, to my viewing, having the UO Client use an anti-cheat that detects the use of utilities against the TOS and, if detected, shut down the UO client so as to not permit players to script in the game.

But using the argument that players might script Treasure Maps holds as a point against 115s holds no value for me since, if some players AFK script Treasure Maps, then, these players do not care whether they bind 110s or 115s since they are not using their time at the keyboard but that of BOTs....

By not adding 115s, this decision goes against the regular players who do NOT script who can then hardly ever think of binding 110s into a 120, but it would not make a dent for players scripting Treasure Maps who use hardly of their time to do them and, therefore, can well do the hundreds upon hundreds of Treasure Maps needed to then find 120 "matching" 110s to bind into a 120.

Basically, to my opinion, it is the same that happened with the randomization of resources to address the scripting of resources harvesting....

The scripters were hardly affected by resources being harder to come by because randomized, since it is not them who do the work, but their scripted BOTs, but the regular players, instead, got the short end of the stick since, with the randomization, resources took a whole lot more of their time to be found and gathered.

Address the scripting issue for good, do not penalize players who do not script with a Design that changes hardly anything for scripters, but certainly makes it way harder for regular players to play and enjoy the game and, eventually, risks alienating these players who do not script, from wanting to play the game because finding themselves more and more into alienating "grinds" which drive them away from enjoying logging into Ultima Online.

To my opinion, 115s should be definitely added to Treasure Maps and scripting should be addressed to its roots, not making it possible the use of utilities not authorized by the TOS which permit players to scripts automated BOTs.
    edited April 2023
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    Tim said:
    Cookie said:

The same for VvV.

Well said.

Lazy ?

EXCUSE ME ?

Why stop there then?  Why not add Doom Arties and the Shadowguard drops to treasure chests?  You're deliberately missing the point: there's already content you can do for the things you want (in this case, 115's) that you AREN'T DOING.  If you really wanted these scrolls, you would actively farm the thing that rewards them.  If, for whatever reason, you're unwilling to do said content, there are FAR more lucrative alternatives that will allow you to buy them: Underwater Boss.  Shadowguard.  EM Events.  You can even sell prepatch White Wyrms and Nightmares, should you have any that haven't been turned into 5 slot pets.

You have options to get the things you want.  Why complain on the forums when your time would be better spent actually PLAYING the game?
    Doom arties and Shadowguard arties are a different type of content.

Players can do them PvE.

Powerscrolls, which are Felucca content, is a different story, entirely different and cannot be compared with them.

"IF" the Developers were to STOP, but I do mean stop for good, the ability for players to use ANY type of CAM at any location in the game, be it Champion Spawns or elsewhere, and be it Ghost CAMs or hidden, stealthing free EJ scripted BOT Cams, then I would be OK with leaving Powerscrolls 115s and 120s at Champion Spawns.

Without ANY type of CAM being possible (unless a player was to use their ACTIVE in game time to double check, PERSONALLY, any and all Spawns locations), at least the odds of players being able to do a Champion Spawn without being Raided would be decent.

But as it is, with these CAMs being all over the place and reporting any activity at Champion Spawns on Discord Channels so that then players can go Raid them instantly, no thanks, then of course that I need to say add 115s to Treasure Maps in Felucca....

The options which you talk about to then be able to afford purchasing the expensive Powerscrolls of which players need MANY if they have multiple characters and pets that need to be scrolled, too, are not viable, really, since they take endless, alienating GRINDS which, eventually, hurt Ultima Online more then do it any good, to my opinion, because they drive players AWAY from wanting to play the game....

Grinds are not good, as I see it, for a player's likeliness of a game.... when having to engage into a too long and repetitive grind, eventually, depending on their degree of tolerance, some players may loose interest in the game and go away from it.

Having to grind to no end to earn the massive gold to then purchase the multiple 120s needed, can end up losing some players to UO and this, I happen to think is a BAD thing, not a good one.

Adding 115s to Treasure Maps could cut down the endless "grind" for some players and, thus, keep them wanting to log in the game, rather then getting burnt out by endless and repetivive grinds elsewhere to earn the massive gold that some greedy players controlling the spawn of Powerscrolls, may want for their 120s....
  • A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,996Moderator
    1. Whenever the idea of powerscrolls in Trammel has come up, and that is really, really often the devs have said 'no'. It's not going to happen.
    2. When the idea of powerscrolls in Felucca treasure maps was proposed 115s was suggested as a possible. The devs decided to only allow 105s and 110s. They rarely go back on considered decisions.
This discussion has been closed.