Dear Kyronix, nobody likes fiendish calling AI. It takes otherwise fun encounters and turns them

13»

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I can’t speak for everyone but I’m afraid I’m going to take umbrage with the title of this thread. I would actually say that a lot of the following people would approve the changes:
    1 anyone who plays any template other than a tamer.
    2 many tamers who found it boring. 

And that probably constitutes the vast majority, rather than “nobody”.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Mervyn said:
    Lol picking up the gold. I think you need to reassess your time management skills. Meaning, stop picking up the gold. It’s the equivalent of instead of buying reagents in a shop, going out into the forest and picking them up one by one.

Also, pardon my ignorance but what has changed in despise?
    Firstly I said you don't actually get the time to pick up the gold if you loot the body, sometimes you barely get time to do that.  We have got into the habit of just looting everything as you don't have time to actually 'look' at stuff while your in there.  If you wanted the gold you are out of luck as unlike any other boss encounter you are kicked out so quickly you don't get time to loot it.  No idea why after spending HOURS doing rooms then the roof that you are not given 10 mins to actually loot properly. 

Unlike a lot of people I don't buy gold, never have.  All my gold comes from legitimate encounters in game, including spawns and the roof etc.  I play on siege where gold is worth a darn sight more than on prodo shards.  So yes the gold from the roof is actually 'worth' my time. 

As for despise, checked tram on prodo?  That was the first dungeon they totally screwed up. They took the newbie dungeon, best one for levelling up chars and turned it into an encounter that noone hardly bothers with any more.  Anyways, just because YOU don't want to loot the roof gold, doesn't mean others don't want it.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Well said @MissE I couldn't have said it better myself!  ;)
    Okay I didn’t realise you played siege. But then your issue is specific to siege.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    CovenantX said:
    I'll just leave this here.

However, if this "Fiendish Call" ability gets any adjustments such as a cooldown or reduced chance to proc, is it also going to affect other encounters that have this ability as well?

personally I don't think it's that bad, but I don't use tamers for the most part anyway.
    However, I won't complain if it spawns less often for the templates I use either. =D

How is it that in the beginning of this video you had to switch between clients to get everything set up, but once you started attacking with the main client you were able to use a bard ability without tabbing over to that client ? Asking for a friend.

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited May 2018

How is it that in the beginning of this video you had to switch between clients to get everything set up, but once you started attacking with the main client you were able to use a bard ability without tabbing over to that client ? Asking for a friend.

the bard (provo & peacing) songs?   they stay active until you either run out of mana, or take enough damage to knock them off.

If you're referring to the "Provokes" they were the last two characters which were on my secondary PC, I really only used the two characters in the bar anymore, I provoked a few things on Ozy with them because when I recorded that video I thought you had to earn looting rights to be eligible for a drop at the time, which you do not, you just need to complete the roof "quest" which occurs when the final boss is killed.

Other than that, I'm not sure what you're referring to.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    That must have been it, it happened while the warrior was the active screen, and I heard the instrument...not a big deal, thanks for clarifying.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    edited May 2018
    The funny part is that the dev are not listening people.
    Look only 1 or 2 people agreed with this change and over 100 complain.
    This game/team is such a joke.
    edited May 2018
    Where are you getting your numbers? Are you suggesting that 98% of the players are selfish tamers? There are even tamers (like myself) that are fine with it. You should give people more credit. And not think that the vocal unsavory characters are representative of a majority.

Some turkeys are voting against Christmas, let us cancel Christmas.

I was actually going to go through this thread and count how many people were actually against the bug fix, until i realised that even the OP said it would spice things up and would be okay if the spawn is manageable.

• drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Mervyn said:

I was actually going to go through this thread and count how many people were actually against the bug fix, until i realised that even the OP said it would spice things up and would be okay if the spawn is manageable.
    I'd have to go through the two forums, but I think the ones complaining the most are Pawain, who hasn't even tested this, and Malagaste, who, well, complains about everything.

Honestly, Shadowguard is boring, and it'll be even more so after the publish.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    drcossack said:
    Mervyn said:

I'd have to go through the two forums, but I think the ones complaining the most are Pawain, who hasn't even tested this, and Malagaste, who, well, complains about everything.

You can add me to the unhappy ones. 
    Most people who do roof do not know that a publish about to drop, much less what's in it. Devs can look forward to a nice pancakes-storm once it goes production.
  • TrevelyanTrevelyan Posts: 21
    edited May 2018
    Agreed with( bits of)Merv and Kryonix. It's not fun being an archer or a mage and feeling like you're almost in the way of tamers, across the revamped dungeons and the new bosses. 

Some do of course enjoy a single or solo boss fight, however. But I just think that single steroid-fuelled bosses aren't the way to go - throw some spawn in for fun and it keeps things dynamic. Doesnt have to be tough to kill - just lots and lots! Then again, perhaps I've played too much "They Are Billions" lately..
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    edited May 2018
    Sliss said:
    drcossack said:
    Mervyn said:

You can add me to the unhappy ones. 
    Most people who do roof do not know that a publish about to drop, much less what's in it. Devs can look forward to a nice pancakes-storm once it goes production.

Hmm, I wonder if there's something, when they open the client, that tells them that there are changes on Test.  Oh wait, THERE IS:

"Publish 100 comes to TC1 (which is a clickable link)

Greetings all.  We are pleased to announce the first of several TC1 Publish 100 releases...be sure to check the notes for full release details."

That's on the CC.  I'm sure the EC has the same thing.

Not sure how to attach a screencap on these forums, but whatever.  If you don't test the changes, it's on you.  It's RIGHT THERE when you look at the text of the patcher, so there's zero excuse for missing it.  Even if you couldn't click on the headline, logic would indicate that "New publish coming = I should see what's in it."
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    Mervyn said:
    Where are you getting your numbers? Are you suggesting that 98% of the players are selfish tamers? There are even tamers (like myself) that are fine with it. You should give people more credit. And not think that the vocal unsavory characters are representative of a majority.

Some turkeys are voting against Christmas, let us cancel Christmas.

I will admit my title was entirely facile, I like to exaggerate. 

If we're being totally honest, I've only been back in the game for six months and actually haven't even done shadowguard yet. I have no issue at all with the addition of extra spawn, I'd just hate to see it become like doom which is WAY over the top between the rate adds spawn, the leash, and the teleporting.

I like to play a tamer since my return (was pure mage for everything in my original go-round), but I've been learning my sampire the past few weeks and am really enjoying that as well. I do think it's important to make endgame encounters doable for all properly equipped, viable pvm templates though. Not so folks can easily solo things, but so a group of people can bring the characters they *enjoy* playing and have a reasonable chance at completing the encounter without it becoming overly tiresome or frustrating. Me? Give me a tool and i'll use it - doesn't much matter to me if i'm racking up hits with a cu or an axe or a bow. Many are attached to a specific type of character though, and I don't necessarily think they should be penalized for it provided it's a usable pvm template and not something ridiculous.