Destard slaughterfest WOW

2»

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    keven2002 said:
    It's just kind of belaboring the point now but it's easy to see that this event has many more issues and complaints than every other event we've had and the only real difference is that the Devs decided to make a majority of the spawn static. Two of the most obvious fixes are to make the spawn non-static (why this can't be done not sure) and/or open up Fel (why this hasn't be done on ATL is mind-boggling).
    Another solution is to change the location of the dynamic spawn since we assumed Destard has a unique problem which Ice, Fire, Deceit, Hythloth do not have.

They can always return to Destard in future events after fixing the issue.

There are so many places besides Classic dungeons.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I wish the spawn points randomized their location every 10 minutes or something.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    How many drops can you get there per hour by spamming EQ?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    Estimated 3 to 5, depends on the crowd and how fast they take down each. Good thing is just need to stand at one location, jam the keyboard and macro away.

When you can't beat em, we join them.

Maybe its time to read up Dummies for scripts and multi-client, and sign up another 10 EJ accounts. It's a competition on who kills faster, pings, scripts etc.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Put in a code where if you don't move about 10 tiles after 15 min you don't get any drops .. But I'm sure they would make a script to move too.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited May 2022
    Pawain said:
    I wasn't having much luck with that. EQ takes longer to cast than Thunderstorm.You also eventually run out of mana because even if yu are in wraith form and do manage to get a hit; it's not enough damage to really leech much mana. I did this for a little over an hour and only got 1 drop (I was out of mana for half the time).

So basically you are playing a guessing game of when to cast it and 9 outta 10 times the monster dies before you do any damage (again talking about ATL) anyway. 

Seth said:

Maybe its time to read up Dummies for scripts and multi-client, and sign up another 10 EJ accounts. It's a competition on who kills faster, pings, scripts etc.
    It's sad that I've also had this thought... basically trying to figure out how to create the best macro to sit there stationary and just run this macro. This event isn't very fun for me at all. It's the first treasures of event where I'm actually looking for other things to do besides the event because I think the event is that broken. You know it's bad when I'm posting more than I play due to how jacked up it is on ATL.
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    I wasn't having much luck with that. EQ takes longer to cast than Thunderstorm.You also eventually run out of mana because even if yu are in wraith form and do manage to get a hit; it's not enough damage to really leech much mana. I did this for a little over an hour and only got 1 drop (I was out of mana for half the time).

So basically you are playing a guessing game of when to cast it and 9 outta 10 times the monster dies before you do any damage (again talking about ATL) anyway. 

Seth said:

It's sad that I've also had this thought... basically trying to figure out how to create the best macro to sit there stationary and just run this macro. This event isn't very fun for me at all. It's the first treasures of event where I'm actually looking for other things to do besides the event because I think the event is that broken. You know it's bad when I'm posting more than I play due to how jacked up it is on ATL.
    I'm not on Atlantic. What are the static players doing?  Are they doing something to get more than 5 drops an hour or it don't matter cause they there for the long haul.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited May 2022
    What you see on some shards is a pack of 5 warriors all basically in lock step, similarly geared up, moving around rapidly, cross-healing with bandages, including extremely fast resurrection of the occasional death in the "squad".  This seems more prevalent in off prime time hours.

Server side movement detection is likely not reliable in cases like this.

So players with multiple accounts that are not cheating because they are attended because they are able to res the dead.

Thank you for the detailed description without speculation and conspiracy theories.

We play on computers, it is surprising that posters do not realize what a computer can do.

I can see the frustration building because this kind of thing could go on in the previous dungeons but the mobs were so spread out they did not interfere with others getting their own drops.

Instead of reckless speculation and making up solutions that hurt legit players, (the cheaters will cheat anyway, and limiting game play techniques only hurts legit players).

Concentrate on ways to make the dungeon fun like it was on the first 2 nights!

Pawain said:
    I'm not on Atlantic. What are the static players doing?  Are they doing something to get more than 5 drops an hour or it don't matter cause they there for the long haul.
    Static players are literally in a stack standing there auto armor ignore a monster .01 seconds after it spawns. It's to the point where a paragon shadow wyrm dies within 10 seconds.

I play CC so I created a macro for select nearest hostile / attack target and due to the fact there are 2 actions in the macro (ie takes maybe .5 seconds to actually target) I do not fire quick enough to damage 90% of the targets. 

I do not know how many drops they get per toon but multiply that number by however many accounts they use. Then of course apply that to likely 10-15-20 hours a day since they have an endless loop running. 

This event is not fun at all, they should just stop and reconfigure elsewhere, even Deceit or Hythloth are fine I suppose...
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Seth said:
    This event is not fun at all
    No it's not. Destard seems like it gave me more drops but I actually felt like I was participating in Hythloth by helping clear rooms and with paragons.

This event is nothing more than a beat the clock before mobs die. 
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    Have to say I'm sorry I missed the first few days as I can't make a comparison to it but from what I have heard the drop numbers were pretty high. Now that I finally have a chance to take part in this event, I've found with a potion of fortune running I'm lucky to get 12 to 15 drops in an hour. This coupled with the higher cost of things like the spell books means it will take 20 to 23 hours of game time with potions running in order to get one. Not to mention other items which are nice to have. I really think this is well over the top of what would be considered fair exchange for time. In short I think that the drop rate currently is far too low for this event. 

The other thing I find hard to believe is that EJ accounts are able to collect drops for this event. Why should people be allowed to automate multiple accounts which have no downside as one can be remade if - and that a huge if -- one gets banned. Hell, no reason not to script this or anything else as it appears there are no consequences. 
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    Ah the EJ yes, here's what most people didn't know:

Day1-2: EJ were able to get drops.
    D3: EJ no longer get drops.
    D3.5: Dev fixed the spawn location BUT somehow let in the bad codes, so EJ were getting drops AGAIN

Quality Level of this dev team's work is SO BAD. At this point, the playerbase should not put anymore cash into this game. UO is still great. This dev is NOT.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2022
    To add into drop info...

I actually logged into Pacific and played for a couple hours yesterday and today.

At the "pile", both yesterday afternoon and this afternoon, a group of about 5 or 6 people got stuff rolling and I just stood there and cast Thunderstorm. I was averaging about 4-5 drops per cast of Gift of Life, so about 16-20 drops per hour, no potions. If I stood just west of the pile toward the stairs down to level 2, I could hit the north and south edges of the stairs with Wildfire, pulling all those mobs toward me, and the thrower/archers. I think there was 1 thrower and 2 archers, plus 2-3 actual fighters running around. Anyway, no-one was casting summons and the lag wasn't too bad, so that was an ok setup.

However, I also spent about an hour each day running around on the same mage, but not at the pile. Average drops were around maybe 3 an hour...that's not very satisfying. Mage was mid to mid/high end and Mages always have problems with paragons so it is what it is...
    I think one of the big problems with the Mage is having to Invis to break aggro. I'm betting that completely messes with your drop rate.

Tried two cross healers in the same locations as the mage (sticking to the east wall of the main room and into the north area) and got about 4-5 drops per hour per toon, so 8-10 per hour total. The x-healers were not geared, but at least could take down the paragons without having to run.

Pawain posted in another thread that one of the things about Destard that's different is the lack of little stuff to kill. I think that is spot on. In Deceit there were gobs of zombies, skeletons, wraiths, etc. Even paragon versions were manageable. Destard seems to start tough and go up from there. I thought they might be adding Fey to give lower level characters something to kill, but uh, no. Why don't you suck on a couple Paragon Lattice Seekers there mid level mage.

FYI, the entire north area, if you drag any dragons/greaters back to the main room, will only spawn drakes, wyverns, water eles, and the Fey/Shadow Wyrm. The Fey and Shadow Wyrm spawn seem to be linked, so you get Shadow Wyrms in all the Fey locations (Possibly C/P drakes as well - C/P may be the alternate days mob for this event).

Anyway, if you rid the North area of dragons/greaters, it's not a bad place for mid level characters to fight (not mid level mages). You can ignore the drakes/wyverns and just concentrate on the Fey. I zoomed the screen way out and like the other Fey spawns, as soon as you kill one another spawns. I've seen them spawn anywhere in that north room now, from the shrine to the water pool in the SE. Makes it harder to find them, but you don't get over-run and a good mage or tamer can solo a paragon without having people dragging to you all the time.

-Good luck.
    -Arroth
    @Arroth_Thaiel

re.
    At the "pile", both yesterday afternoon and this afternoon, a group of about 5 or 6 people got stuff rolling and I just stood there and cast Thunderstorm. I was averaging about 4-5 drops per cast of Gift of Life, so about 16-20 drops per hour, no potions.

I assumed you mean Thunderstorm in the last paragraph?

Do u use wraith form or bard mastery to support the mana required?
  • Radst said:
    Ah the EJ yes, here's what most people didn't know:

Day1-2: EJ were able to get drops.
    D3: EJ no longer get drops.
    D3.5: Dev fixed the spawn location BUT somehow let in the bad codes, so EJ were getting drops AGAIN

Quality Level of this dev team's work is SO BAD. At this point, the playerbase should not put anymore cash into this game. UO is still great. This dev is NOT.
    There inability to get minor events right shows how much of a crap shoot we are in for with the release of New Legacy.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2022
    Seth said:
    @ Arroth_Thaiel

re.
    At the "pile", both yesterday afternoon and this afternoon, a group of about 5 or 6 people got stuff rolling and I just stood there and cast Thunderstorm. I was averaging about 4-5 drops per cast of Gift of Life, so about 16-20 drops per hour, no potions.

I assumed you mean Thunderstorm in the last paragraph?

Do u use wraith form or bard mastery to support the mana required?
    Sorry for the confusion Seth.

I would cast Gift of Life and use it as a timer. Gift of Life last's about 16 min.

During the time GoL was running, I would just stand there casting Thunderstorm. When GoL expired, I could see how many drops I'd received in the last ~15min.

So, I did this for about an hour each evening and got around 20 drops each evening, so about 40 drops total over 2 hours spread across two days.

I didn't use Wraith Form or Bard mastery. It was just my mage toon by himself (for these two examples - I did try other setup's - but that was all a big hassle). He's mid-level ish...6x120 with med, focus, magery, eval, weaving, resist, but not really any gear. SDI is about 80 and he's not even wearing a cloak!

I spent a lot of time in active meditation (Wraith Form might be a large bonus here...) and learned to time my Thunderstorm's to when there were multiple critters around. Casting when there's only 1 centaur or something is worthless. Even shadow wyrms die fast to the archers. 

That's part of the reason I stood a few tiles west of the main pile, just at the edge of the archers range. I could cast Wildfire out much further, hit a bunch of stuff and pull it towards the pile, get off a Thunderstorm or two as it approached, and then the archers would destroy it on the tile in front of me. I was basically using the archers like a cannon perimeter. I stood within the archer shield and lured enemies into the zone of death.

Again, this is all on Pacific, not sure how any of this would behave on Atlantic.
    -Arroth
    edited May 2022

Again, this is all on Pacific, not sure how any of this would behave on Atlantic.
    I can give you an idea... even in wraith form with a shadow wisp you would run out of mana and spend more time trying to med than casting. Things are being killed so quick in the "pile" that it's literally only spawning 1 monster per second or two which is quickly killed by any archer/thrower in range. If you were to cast T-Storm the exact second you saw something spawn; it would be dead before the spell hits even with 4/8 casting. If you are lucky you might damage 1 monster every 5-10min.

This event might be fine or even tolerable on other less populated shards but on ATL it's an absolute grind for maybe 4 drops an hour in the pile. Outside of the pile is a bit better but not much; I've barely been able to crack double digit drops at like 6am... during prime time forget about it.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Arroth_Thaiel said:

It wouldn't. I do wraith form thunderstorm and most mobs are AI to death on Atl before i can get thunderstorm off. lol? If i'm lucky i have time to get one off on a paragon shadow wyrm. 

I'll fussed enough about this on Atl. If you're enjoying it then that's awesome. 
    @Rorschach - Let's also close and lock this thread that has 10x the amount of "toxicity" than my thread asking about the fixes.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "this one time in destard, i got looting rights on a wisp, don't ask me how it happened"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    keven2002 said:
    @ Rorschach - Let's also close and lock this thread that has 10x the amount of "toxicity" than my thread asking about the fixes.
    You really seem to like telling people to close threads here. Let them moderate as they see fit.