UW and PETS

Hi Guys,

So pets are not allowed down in UW. Why you keep people inside it with pets logging off then?

Will this be another "pre patch" thing that only old players will have the privilege doing?

Why just not kick out everyone from there and make it fair?

Game is old but you don't have to keep making it worse than it is...

Tagged:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    I heard you can lead some spawn onto them when they log off to fix that issue.... :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    I heard you can lead some spawn onto them when they log off to fix that issue.... :D
    Did you really just publicly suggest an illegal activity...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Did you really just publicly suggest an illegal activity...

No, where did you read that I did.  I heard you can is not saying Why don't you. 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2022
    “In internal communication when they were fixing the exploit I advised them to make the area ‘unstable’ (so if you log out there you get ejected) as people like me have logged my tamer out down there. For whatever reason they didn’t do this, perhaps there was a technical issue.

I suggest if you see someone still with a pet down there to call a GM to get them ejected”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2022
    Chris said:
    Hi Guys,

So pets are not allowed down in UW. Why you keep people inside it with pets logging off then?

Will this be another "pre patch" thing that only old players will have the privilege doing?

Why just not kick out everyone from there and make it fair?

Game is old but you don't have to keep making it worse than it is...

I think if enough players make noise they will resolve this old players with pet inside thing. 

The team resolves every aspect of "exploits" that are harmless very quickly, e.g. delete house, UW, packed pets...

But harmful bugs that hurt players game satisfaction are ignored.
    E.g. spellbook binders, ghosting, targeting issues, etc.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited March 2022
    “Well, there’s evidently a 4 year waiting list on bugs/exploits, so might be quicker to call a GM on the few remaining individuals (like me)

once booted they can’t get pet back in now”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    Hopefully, the issues covered here get fixed before the whack a mole continues...
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/10133/underwater-bugs

“I still haven’t worked out what your issue is in that thread, if you double click the rope to go to the surface, it stables pet…”
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
    edited March 2022
    Several issues are covered in that thread.  Anybody can PM me if clarification is needed.

At the end of the day, if the paralithodes were made more "usable", as well as matched the current uo.com documentation, all this talk about stray pets underwater would likely be moot. 

If the dev team has finite cycles, those cycles are likely better spent on improving usability and accessibility.  Afterall, some of the issues covered in that thread appear to manifest in other unusable aspects of the game (e.g. command undead).

If you take the whack-a-mole approach -- things like changing the behavior of ropes (?!) -- making the area unstable, etc, it all could really short-circuit with a message from the UO team:  "In 60 days, the shadowlord will start striking down stray pets with a single hit, permanently deleting them from the world".

p.s. in the Ultima lore, the shadowlords are defeated through trickery, not warrior based brute force.