Issue with TC house contest stone left MANY designs out of the contest

13»

Comments

• icyhoticyhot Posts: 2
    edited January 2022
    Even after the update my castle is not showing. Castle coordinates 81.23 N 157.46 W. Facet: Fel: Deceit. 

Update: I see it is on thank you
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Thanks developers!! Tips my not transmoged top hat 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    @Bleak

Town Square, formerly #41 did not come back on the stone this time?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yeah they added a bunch, there were 167 on the stone before they took TC down, now there are 199 but Town Square isn't on there and a couple that I had written down to look at again are not there.

So everyone needs to double-check to make sure their designs were actually re-added.

• KazKaz Posts: 123
    Mine made it back on. Slipped from #100 to the very last entry #199
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Keep in mind that the EJ account designed houses may have been removed (or at least should have)
    edited January 2022
    Malas Cood: 13.16S 1.28W
    Paid Account
    Please put it back on the stone @Mesanna @Bleak

• @Larisa 
    so based on "your" opinion, it is unfair for those that pay for 20-30 accounts to vote? 
    what happen in situations like that asain guy Hitomi that pay for 150 accounts, because he own 150 houses on atlantic? is he a cheater? because he pay for 150 accounts and paid for 1? 2?

this is no different than UO elections, the more people you know or the more accounts you pay.

so you consider that cheating?

you buy 1 lotto ticket and I buy 100. so based on your views, I am cheating?

what a bunch of Karen's
    Reporter said:
    @ Larisa  
    so based on "your" opinion, it is unfair for those that pay for 20-30 accounts to vote? 
    what happen in situations like that asain guy Hitomi that pay for 150 accounts, because he own 150 houses on atlantic? is he a cheater? because he pay for 150 accounts and paid for 1? 2?

this is no different than UO elections, the more people you know or the more accounts you pay.

so you consider that cheating?

you buy 1 lotto ticket and I buy 100. so based on your views, I am cheating?

what a bunch of Karen's
    Only accounts that own castles should cote...
  • BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Merus said:
    Paid Account
    Please put it back on the stone @ Mesanna @ Bleak

An account can only have one entry. You have another house entry("House of Worship") registered on the stone.
  • see, THAT is not supposed to happen!!
    1 entry per Paid account only and 1 Vote per PAID account. no matter if the person own 1-10-100 PAID accounts
    edited January 2022
    Bleak said:
    Merus said:
    Paid Account
    Please put it back on the stone @ Mesanna @ Bleak

An account can only have one entry. You have another house entry("House of Worship") registered on the stone.
    I did design two but I took the house of worship off and submitted the town square, somewhere the system must have reversed them.  Town Square was there before but not house of worship.  I’ve tried to removed the house of worship via the sign but it doesn't let me, can you please update the stone for the correct house?
    How do you build 2 houses on the same account without condeming one? I would think the system wouldn't accept a condemned house.

And Reporter, I never said it was CHEATING...I just said that's how it works..the more people/friends/accts you have, the more votes you get, no matter if you're design is good or not. It should be based on DESIGN not NUMBER OF ACCTS OR FRIENDS you have.

Larisa said:
    How do you build 2 houses on the same account without condeming one? I would think the system wouldn't accept a condemned house.

And Reporter, I never said it was CHEATING...I just said that's how it works..the more people/friends/accts you have, the more votes you get, no matter if you're design is good or not. It should be based on DESIGN not NUMBER OF ACCTS OR FRIENDS you have.
    You can place as many houses on TC as you have money for.
    For Realz? How did I not know that?? 

Geeesh been playin for 14ish years and still learnin new things..thanks!

• Larisa said:
    For Realz? How did I not know that?? 

Geeesh been playin for 14ish years and still learnin new things..thanks!
    game mechanics that you dont understand and that other call cheating.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I'm in no way trying to call you out or slam you, but i also do not believe it could be fairly based only on good design.  "Good Design" is a matter of opinion.
    What some people find appealing others see as horrible.
    Please don't take offense to this.

This is why I feel they need to just let us have full custom lots.

Even if we had to pay a $20 fee to have them or it's a 5 year vet reward...

Once again I'm not attacking in any way what so ever it's just how i feel it would be more fair @Larisa ;  
  • Skett said:
    I'm in no way trying to call you out or slam you, but i also do not believe it could be fairly based only on good design.  "Good Design" is a matter of opinion.
    What some people find appealing others see as horrible.
    Please don't take offense to this.

This is why I feel they need to just let us have full custom lots.

Even if we had to pay a $20 fee to have them or it's a 5 year vet reward...

Once again I'm not attacking in any way what so ever it's just how i feel it would be more fair @ Larisa   

^^
    Agree 100%
    no one is using dial up anymore.
    and they made an ingame option that prevent to show any loaded castle, unless you step in.

there is quite few castles in Pacific and other places with 500+ mannequins that crash anyone that pass by.
  • Larisa said:
    The Trinsic Rose is on there twice...150 and 157. Going through the ones that were just added today.

I am glad they added that one, the pictures Threnody posted didn't do it justice!

nvm I guess she did two of them...maybe might not want to name them both the same, very confusing!
    Yea, I didn't realize they wouldn't put their entire names on the stone. That's on my ignorance :/

The small village one is #74 now. I appreciate the compliment about it. I just did not take the time to take a photo in classic client. It looks far better in classic client, and in person. It is inspired after a home I already made on my home shard. The small home in the center actually just hides the stairs up from the main level. The idea being it would look like a built in home, as opposed to player made. :) Ive added the home as an example of what I was picturing as far as decor when I built the custom castle. Invisible edges. But, you also have all the space on that first level as a hidden area/basement. I spent a good week trying to add many tiny details, like the "basement" look in the front house (tavern in my mind), and the "stone supports" for the back home (witches home)

edited January 2022

LOL I have one on Pac like that :(
    this only 2/3 of mannequins their
    But I know the castles your talking about in the swamps...

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    I feel Larisa’s frustration. I know people who don’t look at a single design. All they do is go the stone and vote upon request. 

I get what Skett is saying too. Good or great design is very subjective. 

And I agree it would be great to give control of castle and keep design to the players on their home shards. It would make a lot more players happy than the contest does. 

Honestly, for me, I can’t think of much that I would enjoy more than being able to tinker with castle and keep designs that I could create for myself. 

I also think the Borg cube issue isn’t much of an issue. Would there be some of that? Yeah probably.  But I believe there’d be a lot more interesting and fun and dynamic designs to look at than not. 

With the option of not having house contents load as you pass by I don’t see how lag could be a big issue. Unless there’s something I’m missing about how castles and keeps can create lag. Which is entirely possible. 
    LilyGrace said:
    I feel Larisa’s frustration. I know people who don’t look at a single design. All they do is go the stone and vote upon request. 

I get what Skett is saying too. Good or great design is very subjective. 

And I agree it would be great to give control of castle and keep design to the players on their home shards. It would make a lot more players happy than the contest does. 

Honestly, for me, I can’t think of much that I would enjoy more than being able to tinker with castle and keep designs that I could create for myself. 

I also think the Borg cube issue isn’t much of an issue. Would there be some of that? Yeah probably.  But I believe there’d be a lot more interesting and fun and dynamic designs to look at than not. 

With the option of not having house contents load as you pass by I don’t see how lag could be a big issue. Unless there’s something I’m missing about how castles and keeps can create lag. Which is entirely possible. 

very well said ty
    What percentage of the customer base owns a castle? Or keep? charge money let them design own make it have to be reviewed before it's allowed quit wasting the limited time and resources the team has so they can focus on things that impact the actual customer base..