<!–– 1941 ––>
Suggestions for future "treasures of"
ForeverFun <!–– closing ID=FDP or NOFDP 2001 ––> Posts: 557
edited October 2021 in General Discussions
Probably "engine" changes:
- Add a "scoreboard", like the void pool. Can reset daily or weekly. Tracks player points during the event. Accessible on the turn in vendor or otherwise.
- 15% chance that any paragon spawned is a "boss". Uses a randomly chosen boss from shadowlord, virtuebane, juo'nar, lady mel, etc. Doesn't need to be the same graphic model, but should have the same stats and behavior.
- Detect when players haven't moved around much, and drop a boss into their play area. Endless journey accounts playing bards and other support types increase the chances of this happening.
- Select paragons, like balrons, can open doors. (telekinisis, hands, etc)
This discussion has been closed.
6. Put paragons on a leash so they can not be lured to another player to grief them.
7. Limit the number of drops to 10 an hour with an hour cool down for paid subscribers. EJ has a 10 hour cool down.
I mean, if now the average player can make less drops in an hour as compared to previous Treasures of Events, then, it would make sense to have Rewards be set at cheaper prices as before....
Risk v Reward.
Felucca is much tougher, there is meant to be a higher reward.
Currently, the Risk v Reward model, is broken on this Hythloth event.
You get far more drops in Trammel.
Due to no push through rules, due to more players in Tram, due to being killed, pvping in Felucca, it all takes time out from the actual grinding.
You say no-one will care.
You are wrong, myself, and many others will quit, we are not meant to be in Trammel, I don't ultimately enjoy it there, the pvp does not have the reward via the far increased difficulty playing style it should have.
I don't dispute Kyronix's point the calculations are the same as always.
What made it work last time, is we HAD a champ spawn there, that enabled the increased Reward to make the Risk worth it to players - therefore more players showed up to join in, a lot of fun was had, and it worked all round.
This time, with no Champ spawn, I am completely unable to get any sort of drop rate in Felucca, with the additional pvp/difficulty in completing the spawn requirements.
If it is not held in Fel, that base of players will ultimately care.
I'd like to see (Tram side) like a void pool style increase to the spawn rate maybe twice a day for an hour at random times (or even do it when there is more killing going on).
Basically a message would pop up that said "You feel the X army gathering forces to reclaim the dungeon" and for the next hour the spawn rate would increase until everyone in the dungeon was dead. Once everyone was dead in the dungeon it would be something like "The X army has succeeded in cleansing the dungeon of heroes" and the spawn rate would go back to normal. This would allow people to work together to keep people alive while increasing the spawn rate for drops (if people don't work together then the bonus spawn to kill is wasted and no harm no foul).
Or just put a bunch of turkeys in the dungeon...... they have no problem revealing hidden charactrs LOL.
In order to AFK farm, these players need to use "Third Party applications" that run their scripts.
THESE should be, to my viewing, detected, and their users banned.
And not just the free, EJ accounts that run the scripts but, also those "Main", subscribed accounts which eventually get the benefits from those free EJ accounts running AFK scripts.
Making resources spawn randomly, put Paragons which reveal across walls at 12+ tiles and all that, does little to stop AFK scripters, but hurt a lot of LEGIT players.
Yet, years and years and years go by, and I have yet to see anything in Ultima Online which was to detect the use of players of illegal, not approved Third Party applications and ban the accounts of those players using them, free EJ ones as well as their subscribed "main" accounts....
Only this, would really take care of the issue, I think, and perhaps make PvP in Ultima Online really then playable in a fair and balanced out way.