Suggestions for future "treasures of"

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 784
edited October 2021 in General Discussions
Probably "engine" changes:

1. Add a "scoreboard", like the void pool.  Can reset daily or weekly.  Tracks player points during the event.  Accessible on the turn in vendor or otherwise.
  2. 15% chance that any paragon spawned is a "boss".  Uses a randomly chosen boss from shadowlord, virtuebane, juo'nar, lady mel, etc.  Doesn't need to be the same graphic model, but should have the same stats and behavior.
  3. Detect when players haven't moved around much, and drop a boss into their play area.  Endless journey accounts playing bards and other support types increase the chances of this happening.
  4. Select paragons, like balrons, can open doors.  (telekinisis, hands, etc)

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited October 2021
    5. Get rid of paragons all together and replace with automatic reveal of anyone with a pet.
    6. Put paragons on a leash so they can not be lured to another player to grief them.
    7. Limit the number of drops to 10 an hour with an hour cool down for paid subscribers. EJ has a 10 hour cool down.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think the devs are trying no lif leech on paragons created some template diversity but because it's a race to get as many drops as possible as fast as possible no one wants to be a feint parry ninja or bard so stay with highest damage even if they die more i loved the yukio quest because everyone could do it and no rush take 6 of the current rewards put them in a yukio style quest and hand out randomly 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    Any shard that had a Fel side activated gets it turned off for the next three events.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Turn off Champ spawn having Treasures of tags.  No one will care if it is in fel or not.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    McDougle said:
    I think the devs are trying no lif leech on paragons created some template diversity but because it's a race to get as many drops as possible as fast as possible no one wants to be a feint parry ninja or bard so stay with highest damage even if they die more i loved the yukio quest because everyone could do it and no rush take 6 of the current rewards put them in a yukio style quest and hand out randomly 
    The reduced drop rate, because life leech is no longer viable, could not be much of an issue " IF ", this was reflected in Rewards costing less....

I mean, if now the average player can make less drops in an hour as compared to previous Treasures of Events, then, it would make sense to have Rewards be set at cheaper prices as before....
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited October 2021
    Pawain said:
    Turn off Champ spawn having Treasures of tags.  No one will care if it is in fel or not.

Risk v Reward.

Felucca is much tougher, there is meant to be a higher reward.

Currently, the Risk v Reward model, is broken on this Hythloth event.

You get far more drops in Trammel.

Due to no push through rules, due to more players in Tram, due to being killed, pvping in Felucca, it all takes time out from the actual grinding.

You say no-one will care.

You are wrong, myself, and many others will quit, we are not meant to be in Trammel, I don't ultimately enjoy it there, the pvp does not have the reward via the far increased difficulty playing style it should have.

I don't dispute Kyronix's point the calculations are the same as always.

What made it work last time, is we HAD a champ spawn there, that enabled the increased Reward to make the Risk worth it to players - therefore more players showed up to join in, a lot of fun was had, and it worked all round.

This time, with no Champ spawn, I am completely unable to get any sort of drop rate in Felucca, with the additional pvp/difficulty in completing the spawn requirements.

If it is not held in Fel, that base of players will ultimately care.

popps said:
    McDougle said:
    The reduced drop rate, because life leech is no longer viable, could not be much of an issue " IF ", this was reflected in Rewards costing less....

I mean, if now the average player can make less drops in an hour as compared to previous Treasures of Events, then, it would make sense to have Rewards be set at cheaper prices as before....
    There is no reduction in drop rate 
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    So for this model the only real thing I'd change is no paragons in Fel.  Let the reds take care of that.  That would "entice" players to go.  Last event I was in Fel the entire time but that's because there was a spawn and we could avoid the paragon Balrons for the most part.  This event there is no spawn so I have no reason to go to Fel.  Food for thought.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    I second the scoreboard idea.  
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    My suggestion is based on the first 90min on ATL the other day where the spawn rate was crazy fast and there was so much spawn you couldn't see the floor. It gave me a great nostalgic feeling of defending Brit from the lizard men / orcs /trolls / etc with waves of baddies. It was a complete blast while it lasted. 

I'd like to see (Tram side) like a void pool style increase to the spawn rate maybe twice a day for an hour at random times (or even do it when there is more killing going on). 

Basically a message would pop up that said "You feel the X army gathering forces to reclaim the dungeon" and for the next hour the spawn rate would increase until everyone in the dungeon was dead. Once everyone was dead in the dungeon it would be something like "The X army has succeeded in cleansing the dungeon of heroes" and the spawn rate would go back to normal. This would allow people to work together to keep people alive while increasing the spawn rate for drops (if people don't work together then the bonus spawn to kill is wasted and no harm no foul).
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    TimSt said:
    5. Get rid of paragons all together and replace with automatic reveal of anyone with a pet.
    6. Put paragons on a leash so they can not be lured to another player to grief them.
    7. Limit the number of drops to 10 an hour with an hour cool down for paid subscribers. EJ has a 10 hour cool down.
    Ban tamers and their pets. Good riddance. Ban Sampires, Bards, and Casters while you are at it. Get rid of drops altogether. It's too easy if there is a reward at the end of the grind.
    Sliss said:
    TimSt said:
    Ban tamers and their pets. Good riddance. Ban Sampires, Bards, and Casters while you are at it. Get rid of drops altogether. It's too easy if there is a reward at the end of the grind.
    Well other than Bards I  agree  :p
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Sliss said:
    TimSt said:
    The reason for the paragons was to go after the event farming afk tamers who would stay invisible the entire time. So instead of paragons just remove the ability for afk tamers to remain invisible.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    TimSt said:
    Sliss said:
    TimSt said:
    The reason for the paragons was to go after the event farming afk tamers who would stay invisible the entire time. So instead of paragons just remove the ability for afk tamers to remain invisible.

Or just put a bunch of turkeys in the dungeon...... they have no problem revealing hidden charactrs LOL.
    Tyrath said:
    TimSt said:
    Sliss said:
    TimSt said:

Or just put a bunch of turkeys in the dungeon...... they have no problem revealing hidden charactrs LOL.
    All birds for some reason have insane detect hidden 
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    TimSt said:
    Sliss said:
    TimSt said:
    Repeating the myth about afk tamers all the time does not make it true. Mobs retarget all the time. Pets need healing. There are AoE effects. Anybody who played a tamer knows you can't play them afk. At the same time, removing tamers' ability to avoid aggro also removes all reason to play tamers. Tamers do not invest hundreds of millions into their pets because of their DPS. They do it so that pets could tank. Let's not nerf yet another way to play due to baseless complaints.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    The suggestion of getting rid of tamers just is a troll comment.  Look at the Ultima Online Store - alot of items in there geared toward tamers.  They didn't just release all those new skins for Cu Sidhes for them to get banned at the next treasures event. 

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2021
    TimSt said:
    Sliss said:
    TimSt said:
    All these "fixes" to AFK farmers are only "patched up" solutions which, to my opinion, hurt LEGIT players way more then they do to AFK farmers, and do not address the core of the problem....

In order to AFK farm, these players need to use "Third Party applications" that run their scripts.

THESE should be, to my viewing, detected, and their users banned.

And not just the free, EJ accounts that run the scripts but, also those "Main", subscribed accounts which eventually get the benefits from those free EJ accounts running AFK scripts.

Making resources spawn randomly, put Paragons which reveal across walls at 12+ tiles and all that, does little to stop AFK scripters, but hurt a lot of LEGIT players.

Yet, years and years and years go by, and I have yet to see anything in Ultima Online which was to detect the use of players of illegal, not approved Third Party applications and ban the accounts of those players using them, free EJ ones as well as their subscribed "main" accounts....

Only this, would really take care of the issue, I think, and perhaps make PvP in Ultima Online really then playable in a fair and balanced out way.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    i think currently para balrons do open the door sometimes, it happened on me twice actually in this event. don’t think someone is hidden and play trick on me as the para should have revealed them  
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Merlin said:
    The suggestion of getting rid of tamers just is a troll comment.  Look at the Ultima Online Store - alot of items in there geared toward tamers.  They didn't just release all those new skins for Cu Sidhes for them to get banned at the next treasures event. 

Sounds like 90% of this thread is trolling. From banning tamers/sampires to not giving the event in Fel to shards that have it now. I can see this thread being locked soon so IBTL
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    There is a distinct smell of sour grapes in this thread, I think Keven is right, time to lock it.
This discussion has been closed.