Will PS ever be shard bound?

Will powerscrolls ever be shard bound? @Kyronix @Mesanna ;

Heres an interesting video which discusses the subject from JC the Builder 

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited April 2018

I almost don't see the point, and in fact I think it could be harmful to the smaller shards.

Atlantic and Europa, will not be affected either way.

Smaller shards, may find it really hard to get them at all.

Using Atlantic as a trade centre seems to work ok in a way.

• SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    I wish cursed/em items were shard bound.  I always played on ATL and hate seeing it as a "hub" for players with shard tokens to get rich and not even play there.  

Most I talked to that came from other shards could solo/2 man champs so obviously power scrolls are even easier to obtain from low pop/dead servers.
  • DavoDavo Posts: 46

if they put the ps shard bound, there would of been so much screaming/crying about prices on atl. there may of had a revolt. some ps120s could of gone for 300mil to a plat. what is the problem prices have never been higher and people still cry about this. 

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I used to push this but now it would be locking the stable door after the horse has bolted. I put my efforts into campaigning for a new non transferable fel only shard with insurance. At least that way people would have nothing to cry about and oppose as it would not affect them. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• InLorInLor Posts: 411
    Well... the demand for power scrolls will be very high now due to new players and tamers. Perhaps we should increase the supply? 
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited April 2018
    shard hopping was a thing long long before shard shields were introduced.  
    It doesn't have to be a luxury that only people with shard shields have.  I've seen 120 tactics go for 90 mil on atlantic.  more than enough to pay for a transfer token.  All the rest of the scrolls are just icing on the cake.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Please do not make PSs shard bound.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Please Devs, do make PS, SoT & SoA Shard bound!
    Sosaria is NOT ATL only.
    I.
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    No way for shard bound scroll.
    Ivenor said:
    Sosaria is NOT ATL only.
    I.
    If they were shard bound then the farmers would just sell them at Atl prices and xfer the gold to Atl so what is the difference.
    edited April 2018
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Sosaria is NOT ATL only.
    I.
    If they were shard bound then the farmers would just sell them at Atl prices and xfer the gold to Atl so what is the difference.
    The difference, IMO, will be that in this way there will be possible to find them more frequently on every Shard. About the prices, the Primers are Shard Bound, and it didn't seems to me that their general cost on not-ATL Shards skyrocketed.
    But, again, IMO Shard Bound is not enough: as I already wrote, the PS should be made obtainable only through Skill-related, not repeatable by a specific Char, Quests (and, after obtained, be freely tradeable/sellable in-Shard).
    And, no, IMO this will not be overly penalizing for Tamers, as each Account can hold up to 7 Chars (plus deletions).
    edited April 2018
    Primers started out shard bound and are not in Fel, where PSs weren't shard bound and the people farming them want their gold so they will be more and please stop with the PS Skill thing as I have more than 1 tamer and a lot of pets so you are punishing Tamers and no I have all developed chars so which ones do I drop to do as you want.  IMHO you didn't think out the skill thing or you really do not like Tamers.
    edited April 2018
    Bilbo said:
    Primers started out shard bound and are not in Fel, where PSs weren't shard bound and the people farming them want their gold so they will be more and please stop with the PS Skill thing as I have more than 1 tamer and a lot of pets so you are punishing Tamers and no I have all developed chars so which ones do I drop to do as you want.  IMHO you didn't think out the skill thing or you really do not like Tamers.
    1) AAMOF, I like Tamers, a lot: I have two 120/120/120 of them;
    2) you could simply open another account to farm Skill-related PS;
    3) why should I stop on the PS/Skills "thing"? It is my opinion, I'm simply expressing it, and I have the same possibilities to influence the Devs decisions as you have (*COFF* none *COFF*... ;) );
    4) in general, on certain things we fully agree (the lazyness of people that is not even able to read ONE DARN SINGLE PAGE of introductory info on the game!!! :) ), on others, as they say, "let's agree to disagree": It's the Forum, babe Bilbo... :D ;)
    I.
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited April 2018
    You all do realize that the ones pushing for PS's to be shard bound are doing it because they want to put Champ spawns on lockdown.  Effectively controlling the market so they're the only ones that profit from them.

You think power scrolls on Atlantic are expensive now?  HA!  Just wait until they're shard bound.  You'll be paying a plat for a 120 Tactics

edited April 2018
    1) You all do realize that the ones pushing for PS's to be shard bound are doing it because they want to put Champ spawns on lockdown.  Effectively controlling the market so they're the only ones that profit from them.

2) You think power scrolls on Atlantic are expensive now?  HA!  Just wait until they're shard bound.  You'll be paying a plat for a 120 Tactics

1) Your opinion, and you obviously have the full right to express it. A FACT, in the mean times, is that AS NOW the Inter-Shard-Trade-Oligarchy controls both the "peripherical" Shard Spawns AND the ATL market.
    2) Who cares about ATL prices? ATL is NOT the whole of Sosaria, fortunately.
    Ivenor said:
    1) You all do realize that the ones pushing for PS's to be shard bound are doing it because they want to put Champ spawns on lockdown.  Effectively controlling the market so they're the only ones that profit from them.

2) You think power scrolls on Atlantic are expensive now?  HA!  Just wait until they're shard bound.  You'll be paying a plat for a 120 Tactics

1) Your opinion, and you obviously have the full right to express it. A FACT, in the mean times, is that AS NOW the Inter-Shard-Trade-Oligarchy controls both the "peripherical" Shard Spawns AND the ATL market.
    So how is Atl getting all those PSs if they are not being farmed on other shards and yes we all know it is a group of players that is doing it and not all the players like you think.
    edited April 2018
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    3) why should I stop on the PS/Skills "thing"? It is my opinion, I'm simply expressing it, and I have the same possibilities to influence the Devs decisions as you have (*COFF* none *COFF*... ;) );
    4) in general, on certain things we fully agree (the lazyness of people that is not even able to read ONE DARN SINGLE PAGE of introductory info on the game!!! :) ), on others, as they say, "let's agree to disagree": It's the Forum, babe Bilbo... :D ;)
    I.
    So now I am suppose to make another account just to farm PSs for all my pets.  I suppose I have to pay for this or alls you will end up with is a ton of EJ scroll farming accounts.  I hope you are not serious.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I didn’t think EJ accounts receive powerscrolls from champs? (unless you kill people and loot them)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    I.
    So now I am suppose to make another account just to farm PSs for all my pets.  I suppose I have to pay for this or alls you will end up with is a ton of EJ scroll farming accounts.  I hope you are not serious.
    And why not?
    Mervyn said:
    I didn’t think EJ accounts receive powerscrolls from champs? (unless you kill people and loot them)
    Correct, as things are right now.
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:

So how is Atl getting all those PSs if they are not being farmed on other shards and yes we all know it is a group of players that is doing it and not all the players like you think.
    Obviously not all! Why do you think I wrote Inter-Shard-Trade-Oligarchy ??? Those are the ones that dry-farm PS (and not only) in many peripherical Shards and transfer them to ATL, thanks to their possession of a big chuck of the "vintage" accounts bought in the years from players leaving UO.
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    I.
    And why not?
    WOW You are serious, LMAO, sorry no way.  Now you are trying to force people to pay for unneeded subs.
    edited April 2018
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    I.
    And why not?
    WOW You are serious, LMAO, sorry no way.  Now you are trying to force people to pay for unneeded subs.
    Trying to force without any mean to enforce??? Sure, you got me there! Moreover: AAMOF, I'm the real éminence grise behind both UO AND BS!! LOL!!! :D ;)
    Sorry, but the decision is not mine to take: we will see how things will evolve.
    But, if I must judge by the new stuff that the Devs are giving out recently (the Easter Wheelbarrows, the EJ DSK), my impression is that Shard & Account Bounded stuff will grow...
    Have a nice Sunday! :)

@Ivenor What does the Easter Wheelbarrows have anything to do with this?
    Bilbo said:
    @ Ivenor What does the Easter Wheelbarrows have anything to do with this?
    Apologies! May bad: I was thinking to the recently Shard-Bounded Chicken Coops... :)
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Apologies! May bad: I was thinking to the recently Shard-Bounded Chicken Coops... :)
    I had to stop laughing before I replied.  You are using something that can be made by a player and that was being used to exploit the game as an example to your insightful wisdom, now that is priceless.  You really are grasping at straws.
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    I had to stop laughing before I replied.  You are using something that can be made by a player and that was being used to exploit the game as an example to your insightful wisdom, now that is priceless.  You really are grasping at straws.
    Hmmm... so, to sum up:

1) I will prefer PS Shard Bound - you don't;
    2) I will prefer PS Quest-linked - you say I'm forcing you to subscribe more;
    3) I suppose that we will start to see more S-B items - you say that I'm grasping at straws.

Oh, well, it takes all types, as they say... :D ;)

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,097
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    The coops do not compare.  When you transfer and return the coops do not recognize you as the owner so you have to get a GM to re own each lizard.  Now I know not to transfer that toon.  I have 10 coops full of battle chicken Lizards.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    LMAO Its a Chicken Coop that is made by players not something that you get at a spawn.  They were made Shard Bound because people were exploiting them not because they are so game breaking.  What shard are you on so I can make a Carpenter on it a sell Chicken Coops for mega gold to you.
    edited April 2018
    Bilbo said:
    LMAO Its a Chicken Coop that is made by players not something that you get at a spawn.  They were made Shard Bound because people were exploiting them not because they are so game breaking.  What shard are you on so I can make a Carpenter on it a sell Chicken Coops for mega gold to you.
    You are sidestepping the question in every possible way: the real point is that you don't want PS Shard Bound only because that will put a dent in your business model as a Tamer, and you don't give a mongbat axe about game balance in general... :p ;)