Will PS ever be shard bound?

2»

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    LMAO Its a Chicken Coop that is made by players not something that you get at a spawn.  They were made Shard Bound because people were exploiting them not because they are so game breaking.  What shard are you on so I can make a Carpenter on it a sell Chicken Coops for mega gold to you.
    You are sidestepping the question in every possible way: the real point is that you don't want PS Shard Bound only because that will put a dent in your business model as a Tamer, and you don't give a mongbat axe about game balance in general... :p ;)
    LMAO  I totaly debunked your insight about the Chicken Coop as you PROOF about UO going shard bound and now you are trying to turn it around that it will hurt my business model,LOL, what business model, time for you to come down to earth with the rest of us.  What am I side stepping the fact that you want a skill based way to get PSs that is non repeatable that will require me to pay for another account just to train chars and delete them and train them again and again and again oh wait I bet you want me to buy Soulstones for them now all to get PSs for my pets, now that is funny.  And your answer was The Chicken Coop, wow.
  • Bilbo said:
    @ Ivenor What does the Easter Wheelbarrows have anything to do with this?
    Absolutely nothing. I honestly can't tell if Ivenor is trolling or not.
    Bilbo said:
    Then he changed to the Shard Bound Chicken Coop as the reason.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,117
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    LMAO Its a Chicken Coop that is made by players not something that you get at a spawn.  They were made Shard Bound because people were exploiting them not because they are so game breaking.  What shard are you on so I can make a Carpenter on it a sell Chicken Coops for mega gold to you.
    You are sidestepping the question in every possible way: the real point is that you don't want PS Shard Bound only because that will put a dent in your business model as a Tamer, and you don't give a mongbat axe about game balance in general... :p ;)
    A player can take their pets to another shard and scroll them there and return.  Nice try tho.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Bilbo said:
    Not trolling, only trying (and failing, evidently) to make someone understand that its personal biz interest is NOT necessarily UO interest. And, as I alredy said, I simply wrote one thing thinking to another. Anyway, the examples were to underline that, IMO, Shard-bounding will increase in future, and that personally approve, for what my approval is worth.
    Pawain said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    A player can take their pets to another shard and scroll them there and return.  Nice try tho.
    WOW!!! At laste an objective objection, not based on the "what hurt my personal biz model is ipso facto totally ba-a-a-a-a-a-d for UO!" argument. I will elaborate on this and post as soon as I have time: differently form others I have real life commitment too... :D
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    LMAO  I totaly debunked your insight about the Chicken Coop as you PROOF about UO going shard bound and now you are trying to turn it around that it will hurt my business model,LOL, what business model, time for you to come down to earth with the rest of us.  What am I side stepping the fact that you want a skill based way to get PSs that is non repeatable that will require me to pay for another account just to train chars and delete them and train them again and again and again oh wait I bet you want me to buy Soulstones for them now all to get PSs for my pets, now that is funny.  And your answer was The Chicken Coop, wow.
    You know what they say in Scotland about this type of "logic"?

"Adjust your kilt that your interest is showing" :D

Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:
    You know what they say in Scotland about this type of "logic"?

"Adjust your kilt that your interest is showing" :D

And your logic is The Chicken Coop logic  :'(
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    You all do realize that the ones pushing for PS's to be shard bound are doing it because they want to put Champ spawns on lockdown.  Effectively controlling the market so they're the only ones that profit from them.

You think power scrolls on Atlantic are expensive now?  HA!  Just wait until they're shard bound.  You'll be paying a plat for a 120 Tactics

That's not it at all. It's not about controlling the spawns. If anything I have hardly any influence over the spawns whatsoever, I am interested in people competeing again for valuable items in a central location. I want to see more people drawn to guild wars, pvp, and the like over a hard to acquire item. Item scarcity draws competition, and creates more excitement. I hold no power over the spawns, I'm a pvm tamer for goodness sakes, I don't run a zerg guild, and don't care if they get more power because of it. It will draw people back to fighting for what is valuable. Not buying it on some opaque intershard trading system which provides no value in terms of gameplay, just a monopoly on scroll farming for the vet accounts controlled by a specific subset of players.
    You all do realize that the ones pushing for PS's to be shard bound are doing it because they want to put Champ spawns on lockdown.  Effectively controlling the market so they're the only ones that profit from them.

You think power scrolls on Atlantic are expensive now?  HA!  Just wait until they're shard bound.  You'll be paying a plat for a 120 Tactics

That's not it at all. It's not about controlling the spawns. If anything I have hardly any influence over the spawns whatsoever, I am interested in people competeing again for valuable items in a central location. I want to see more people drawn to guild wars, pvp, and the like over a hard to acquire item. Item scarcity draws competition, and creates more excitement. I hold no power over the spawns, I'm a pvm tamer for goodness sakes, I don't run a zerg guild, and don't care if they get more power because of it. It will draw people back to fighting for what is valuable. Not buying it on some opaque intershard trading system which provides no value in terms of gameplay, just a monopoly on scroll farming for the vet accounts controlled by a specific subset of players.
    It will NOT draw people back into PvP.  How many lures has UO tried and it hasn't worked yet.  If you PvP then you PvP and if you don't than you don't.  If you want to keep scrolls on your shard then control the spawn and quit asking UO to do everything for you.
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    I want to keep other shards scrolls off my own shard, not control the scrolls on my shard. See the difference? That's how u make it more competitive for the people who DO pvp. 
    I want to keep other shards scrolls off my own shard, not control the scrolls on my shard. See the difference? That's how u make it more competitive for the people who DO pvp. 
    And all they will do is xfer/make players on all shards and control the spawn and sell them on that shard and xfer the gold.  There really isn't as many people that do the spawn as you think or PvP for that matter.