EJ Bank and Broadsword predatory behavior

DezeraDezera Posts: 7
edited January 2021 in General Discussions
Devs - Need an actual response here.

My account turned into an EJ account. I just logged on to it today to see what was there and remove what I wanted. I am unable to remove anything from the bank.  From what I've read, people say this is working as intended and you have to BUY something to get your own items out of the bank. OR re-sub your account and then wait another 3 months for it to go EJ again.

Why is this the case?  Why are you charging people extra money when all you have to do is let them remove items from the bank. This is not a difficult concept, it's quite simple, or are you simply trying to squeeze more money out of people playing an ancient game? This is a very predatory thing to be doing and makes me lose what little respect I had left.
Tagged:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited January 2021
    I think you can take things out but the bank only holds 25 items so you cant put stuff back in.

Its their game their rules. Have you never played a game before?  All games have rules.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Guess you didn't read the does and don'ts about EJ Accounts and now you are on here bitching about it.  What you thought you were going to have all the rights of a paid account without paying for it.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Dezera said:
    Devs - Need an actual response here.

My account turned into an EJ account. I just logged on to it today to see what was there and remove what I wanted. I am unable to remove anything from the bank.  From what I've read, people say this is working as intended and you have to BUY something to get your own items out of the bank. OR re-sub your account and then wait another 3 months for it to go EJ again.

Why is this the case?  Why are you charging people extra money when all you have to do is let them remove items from the bank. This is not a difficult concept, it's quite simple, or are you simply trying to squeeze more money out of people playing an ancient game? This is a very predatory thing to be doing and makes me lose what little respect I had left.
    So your account isn't an EJ Account like you want us to believe, nice try.  EJ Accounts can not post here no matter what you say.
    edited January 2021
    All the info is posted on the page where you get an EJ account.  You could read before you complain about the rules.  They are clearly stated.

https://uo.com/endless-journey/

Ya I thought only paid accounts can troll here. :smiley:
  • DezeraDezera Posts: 7
    edited January 2021
    My account is an EJ account, it was a veteran account that converted to an EJ account. I have another account that has a subscription. I have not been on the account that is now an EJ one in months so I did not know what items were in the bank or that it was over the EJ account "limit". 

The EJ link posted does not specify that you will be unable to pull items out of your bank if it is over this limit when it is converted. Yes, I read the link before posting here and there are other posts on these forums from people with the same issue and complaint.

Yes, I know that I cannot add items to the bank if it is at the limit. I don't want to add items. I want to remove what was in there when the account was converted.

No, I'm not trolling.

• Then resub your account for a month and clean out what you need. EJ wasn't created for you to just access the stuff in an account you chose not to support. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    Then resub your account for a month and clean out what you need. EJ wasn't created for you to just access the stuff in an account you chose not to support. 

So to play a free account, that they converted after it being inactive, I'm supposed to resub to retrieve my items and then let it go inactive for 3 months for it to be an EJ account again?  Bit of a shit move by any company and doesn't really make it "free".
  • Sucks when you try to work a system without understanding the system. Getting mad because of your plans failure isn't Broadsword fault. 

Suck it up and resub your account if the stuff is that important to you and quit complaining. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    Sucks when you try to work a system without understanding the system. Getting mad because of your plans failure isn't Broadsword fault. 

Suck it up and resub your account if the stuff is that important to you and quit complaining. 

How is this a failure of planning? There is nothing saying that if the bank is over the EJ limit when it's converted, that you won't be able to retrieve your items. If you haven't logged into the account in months, how are you supposed to know what's in your bank or plan for this?

Why are players getting mad about someone wanting the Devs to answer a question?
    There is nothing in your bank worth paying for.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720

Endless Journey

Posted on April 4, 2018 by Mariah

Miscellaneous

Bank BoxYesYes, limited to 20 items ( storage expansions can increase the max item count to 28).  Any account over the max limit will be able to view their full banks but will not be able to remove any items at this time.

Marge said:

Endless Journey

Posted on April 4, 2018 by Mariah

Miscellaneous

Bank BoxYesYes, limited to 20 items ( storage expansions can increase the max item count to 28).  Any account over the max limit will be able to view their full banks but will not be able to remove any items at this time.

Marge, where is this located? It's not on the EJ specific page.
  • Dezera said:
    Sucks when you try to work a system without understanding the system. Getting mad because of your plans failure isn't Broadsword fault. 

Why are players getting mad about someone wanting the Devs to answer a question?

Hmm maybe it's your over the top dramatic , off base, post title.
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    I googled - "uo ej" and the uowiki page for endless journeys was first option. Scrolled down to Restrictions list and there it was.
    edited January 2021
    Marge - While it is not on the official webpage, I appreciate your answer on where you found this.

Nabin - If you don't like the title, you don't have to respond or be rude since it's not an attack on you or any other player.
  • Sorry if you feel like I'm being rude. You are the one who posted in a public forum inviting a response.

If you don't Iike being held accountable for your own choices/opinions maybe better not to post. 

Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    Is this what you mean by official webpage?

If so, they have this there:

"You can check out more information on Endless Journey here."
    It leads you to the wiki page.

Thank you Marge
    You Welcome
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    As an added note, beware using EJ accounts for transfers. The toon will have a wand created in their bank, and it puts you over the limit.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I would advise anyone thinking of letting an account go to EJ to first read the information so that they know exactly what the restrictions are.
This discussion has been closed.