Stats - any idea?

So my char ate a +5 scroll from exodus putting his skills to max 260. 

The character is Naked.  As you see the stats are 107, 23, 125 which total 255, yet the Max stats is 260/260.  It has been this way for about 4 weeks even though playing the char and the str will NOT rise 5 points, nor the dex lower. 

Any idea on how to shift this.  I want all the points to go to str.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Have you tried chopping trees or mining?  They are how I raised my strength up when my stat max went to 260.
  • Yui_Zii_AriyaYui_Zii_Ariya Posts: 65
    edited May 2020
    Had this same problem a while ago.  I'm guessing your skills are capped at 720, stat gains only seem to be checked when a skill is checked.

Try marking up Lumber and hit a few trees, don't mark anything down, just the act of setting Lumber to raise seems to perform a gain check and will see stats gain even if you don't actually gain in the Lumber skill.

I've been using this method for a long time for skill capped characters.  Negates the need for ping ponging too providing your are at skill cap of 720.

Edit:  This works with pretty much any skill, I use Arms Lore for STR and INT and Music for DEX where required.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Stats will only rise when accompanied by an attempted skill rise. It doesn't matter if all your skills are at cap, as long as one appropriate to the stat you are trying to raise is set 'up'.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    What I find interesting is that your Maximum Stats says 260/260 but your total is really 255
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    What I find interesting is that your Maximum Stats says 260/260 but your total is really 255
    Yeah, that gets me as well. Let's call it a "feature" of the EC.

You and I would read that as:
    "Current Stat Points" / "Maximum Stat Points"

But what the EC is displaying is actually:
    "Your Current Stat Cap" / "The Stat cap currently available in Game"

With a brand new toon that line will read 225/260. There is a tool tip for it but you have to know to mouse over the icons on the left side of the gump, away from where the numbers are, to get the tooltip!

I think that line is supposed to serve as an indicator for players that there is "more" available. The player then has to go figure out how to get the "more". Probably not the best UI setup.

Really should be a three part line with a better tool tip.

90/225/260
    "Current Stats" / "Current Stat Cap" / "Maximum Stat cap in game...see uo.com/wiki/etc for more information"

-Arroth
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited May 2020
    Uhh nvm, apparently I'm ignorant lol..
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    edited May 2020
    You have to have a skill with the arrow up and use that skill to increase stats.  Even if that skill is capped.  Stats will not change if all skills are locked.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TecloTeclo Posts: 27
    put the skill arrow pointing up, and you will gain stats using that skill, no need to actually gain if the skills are unwanted, lock all other skills so you dont loose the skills you want to keep
    try mining /lumber for str   snoping/hiding for dex and magery/meditation for int
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Well this is the characters skills and as you see I am at cap however tinkering is set to lower and magery, spellweaving, detect hidden are set to rise, the arrow on carto is also up.   Thing is totally stupid.

My understanding was stats would rise on skill rising, this is happening with the arrows as they are.  So what I am supposed to be a miner or lumberjack to raise str?    Like I said in 4 weeks NO movement.  

Cheers MissE

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited May 2020
    You need to attempt to use a skill that raises strength.  That skill needs to be set to raise even if there is no room to actually gain the skill.

So lock all your skills.  I would set Resist Spells to gain, then have a few of the spectral binders in haven cast on you a few minutes.  This will do a resisting spells skill check and raise strength even though you aren’t gaining any skills.
    edited May 2020
    Honestly @MissE, just push the "Lock All Skills" button. Then set Lumberjacking to raise. All skills other than Lumberjacking would be locked and you couldn't lose them. Since you're at cap you couldn't gain Lumberjacking.

Then go chop wood. It'll probably take 10 min to get 5 str points.

Or use Focus. This is what I do. Set it to raise and everything else locked. Load out your toon with as much Mana/Stam gear as possible. Log out of the game and back in. You'll get a Focus check for every point of Mana/Stam regenerated. Just keep logging in and out until your stats are where you want them. Takes about 10 min or so to reset stats from 10 to 125. (Works if you're gaining Focus too. Just Stone it off when it gets to 40 or so and flush the stone.)

Good luck!
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    You can do the stamina mana thing with a mannequin, much easier than logging off and on.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Honestly @ MissE, just push the "Lock All Skills" button. Then set Lumberjacking to raise. All skills other than Lumberjacking would be locked and you couldn't lose them. Since you're at cap you couldn't gain Lumberjacking.

Then go chop wood. It'll probably take 10 min to get 5 str points.

Or use Focus. This is what I do. Set it to raise and everything else locked. Load out your toon with as much Mana/Stam gear as possible. Log out of the game and back in. You'll get a Focus check for every point of Mana/Stam regenerated. Just keep logging in and out until your stats are where you want them. Takes about 10 min or so to reset stats from 10 to 125. (Works if you're gaining Focus too. Just Stone it off when it gets to 40 or so and flush the stone.)

Good luck!

That seems to of worked thanks

Cheers MissE

Pawain said:
    You can do the stamina mana thing with a mannequin, much easier than logging off and on.
    Have never used a mannequin so didn't know that. Thanks!
    -Arroth