Proposed IDOC Changes 2/26 Newsletter

• Information regarding the whereabouts of structures that are in danger of collapsing can be obtained by visiting City Trade Ministers.  City Trade ministers will bark this information when approaching, similar to how Krampus' location is relayed.
  • Condemned houses will go through six stages of decay which will take at least five days,
    • Like New -> Slightly Worn -> Somewhat Worn -> Fairly Worn -> Greatly Worn -> In Danger of Collapsing
  • When a house goes into the condemned status the house will become private and all access will be removed.  Friend and Co-owner lists will be cleared.
  • Houses with rental vendors will become OSI owned and have to go through a cycle for the second time to notify vendor owners.
  • The house collapse timer will appear on the house sign as it nears the "In Danger of Collapsing" stage.  This timer will indicate how long until the house collapses.
  • When the house drops the housing area will be fenced off while the contents of the house are packed into barrels within the housing area.  No players or pets will be able to enter the fenced area while the contents are being packed.  Players may not teleport into the fenced area while the contents are being packed.
  • Once all contents have been packed away players will be able to punch their way into the housing area for a chance to break into the barrels. Barrels can only be attacked by non-Endless Journey Accounts and players must be unarmed.  Unarmed damage is the only damage that will break barrels.
  • Players may not damage barrels unless they can hold 50 items and 100 stones in their backpack.
  • Mounts and Pets are restricted from this area. Barrels will remain until attacked or next server maintenance.
Several users are 'ignored' due to blatant low effort trolling/bashing and will not receive replies.
I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 666
    edited February 2020
    So instead of scripters running scripts to hunt IDOCs and looting stuff directly off the ground we've just made it easier for them to get to the IDOCs and then they can script loot the stuff out of barrels we break? Seriously don't know how this solution 'solves' anything or why we're even recognizing 'idocing' as a 'profession' in the game.

Why are we making convoluted systems to solve such an easy problem?
    Pack all the stuff up and allow the returning player to pay $15 each month they were gone to recover their stuff. Now Broadsword gets their cake and can eat it too by not only potentially earning back-logged money from players that are inactive but retaining customers in the long term! The amount of players that have quit and not returned because the items in their house are gone is staggering. 
    Several users are 'ignored' due to blatant low effort trolling/bashing and will not receive replies.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Nobody will pay $15 for each month they are gone. that 180 bucks per year! I leave and come back, sometimes 2-3 years later. That's crazy talk.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 145
    We don't know at this point if anyone can loot the barrels that a player breaks. I would
    hope that since the barrels are going to be 100 stone and you can't damage one unless you
    can carry 100 stone, means it goes right in your pack when you break it. We shall see.

This sounds like a lot of fun btw!
  • Yea, if the stuff is auto put into packs, that is the best way. no looting at all. just break barrels and the contents are randomly put into everyone's packs who attacked those barrels. if this is how it works its a good fix. if people still have to loot, then its a pointless fix

• MordredMordred Posts: 102
    I dont understand the part of "we will discuss" with the community the best solution. This was not discussed and again willnfavor the scripts. Instead of bring 20 packies, they will bring 20 toons , auto follow, auto punch (wrestling) auto loot. Hows that solve the problem??? Again in favor of bots.
  • So all the script looters have to do is walk up to the barrels and wait for players to break them and the script shopping list will hoover up what they want before anyone can grab the items or object handles? Idoc guy wins again. EJ accts cant break barrels, doe snot say whether they are, like pets banned from the area?????

• Mordred said:
    I dont understand the part of "we will discuss" with the community the best solution. This was not discussed and again willnfavor the scripts. Instead of bring 20 packies, they will bring 20 toons , auto follow, auto punch (wrestling) auto loot. Hows that solve the problem??? Again in favor of bots.
    EJ accts cant break barrels, but I agree, idoc guy can bring his horde (I have seen up to 8 gargoyles etc) and auto follow the barrel breakers with script hoover running.

JUST BAN 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS FFS

He wont even need pack animals as we break the barrels for him, like chopping wooden containers. Now his script will pick up what's "on the list". so up to 10 chars, with 125 items capacity each, WOW. that works wonders for him. 

So the only thing he will have to change is looting to backpack instead of pack horse

In fact, anyone running 3rd party script looters will just run around, run up to the barrels that break and hoover up loot before the wrestler can grab it.

IT WONT WORK
    monkgamer said:
    Yea, if the stuff is auto put into packs, that is the best way. no looting at all. just break barrels and the contents are randomly put into everyone's packs who attacked those barrels. if this is how it works its a good fix. if people still have to loot, then its a pointless fix

While we don't know which way they'll end up doing it, right to pack or on ground, either way you will still lose to a scripter. They don't have reaction times. They are faster. The script will find all barrels, delegate each to a character and attack them before you even notice the house is gone. This 'fix' doesn't solve anything besides make work for them coding some garbage system.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,305
    Why are they wasting so much time on idocs 

I have never done one btw 

just seems like a wast of time the more they try to stop scripters the more it hurts the honest players like random resources etc. 
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    What about house placement? @Mesanna ?
    Area will only open the next day? Or after all barrels are broke?.
    So, with this new system, someone can just bring a shit load of accs with 120 wrestling and punch the containers and get free loot?

So now felucca idocs will be a bunch of people walking with no weapons? Hahaha
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 869
    edited February 2020
    Or stealth llamas, stealthing around. 18x18 footprints wont take long to stealth, run around. So as soon as the barrels break they will zoom in and hoover up, the wrestlers get nothing.
  • Think I will continue to swerve idocs. I see no enjoyment for me in this change either. I welcome the idea of trying to tackle cheating. But I guess hell will freeze over before I get to see the headline. "ILLEGAL 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS BLOCKED FROM 2D CLIENT".  Remember the headline "15 trillion gold removed from game?"  What a headline that was. And what a message that sent out. How many RMT gamers were bankrupted then?  Or draconic's traitor house fires.......
  • sibblesibble Posts: 112
    edited February 2020
    Unarmed damage is the only damage that will break barrels.
    Ok so at Felucca IDOCS where there is PVP, basically the only template worth running is a mage with wrestling.  They'll be able to both cast spells on players while they're swinging at barrels and also being able to dodge because they have wrestling.  Any template with a weapon skill will have to put the weapon away leaving themselves completely vulnerable to undodgeable attacks.  Please consider all scenarios with this change.

That's really the only thing I consider unbalanced with these changes.

I would make it so ANY form of damage do 1 damage each hit to the barrel, can't be poisoned or strangled or any other form of damage over time, must to be direct damage.

EDIT: 
    I like the idea of the minister barking whereabouts of the IDOCs.  More people can get involved and I think it's a cool change.  Thanks.
    No game in the history of games, past, present, or future, has been or will ever be able to 'BAN 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS' by the way.  :D
  • username said:
    So instead of scripters running scripts to hunt IDOCs and looting stuff directly off the ground we've just made it easier for them to get to the IDOCs and then they can script loot the stuff out of barrels we break? Seriously don't know how this solution 'solves' anything or why we're even recognizing 'idocing' as a 'profession' in the game.

Pack all the stuff up and allow the returning player to pay $15 each month they were gone to recover their stuff. Now Broadsword gets their cake and can eat it too by not only potentially earning back-logged money from players that are inactive but retaining customers in the long term! The amount of players that have quit and not returned because the items in their house are gone is staggering. 
    If they have to pay $15 per month, they may as well carry on playing, Plus thats MORE than keeping accounts open.  Now unless you have a castle loaded with Rares, its not worth it.

• So no more 5/10/15 hr. at least that a positive.  So the house falls, everything appears, then it get packed. BY WHO?????. then you run in and wrestle the barrels?  so the scripters get to see the items loaded on the other side of the fence?

How long until you can place??????  So u wait 0.5-2 hrs, drop in a house ?
    edited February 2020
    username said:

If they have to pay $15 per month, they may as well carry on playing, Plus thats MORE than keeping accounts open.  Now unless you have a castle loaded with Rares, its not worth it.

That's fine. At least the option is there. Let the player decide. I am 100% sure players will take advantage of this. The amount of times I've heard of players letting their credit card on file slip (because awesome Broadsword doesn't email you when your account time is running our or account goes inactive) and them finding out a month or two after their house has fallen everything is gone for good.... yea you're crazy. Everyone will do this, and meanwhile, Broadsword is double dipping and getting paid for unactivated accounts lol. You really think a 20 year vet letting his house fall for 6 months won't pay $90???? LOL. Let them make the decision. More money in Broadsword's pocket but I guess @Mesanna hates money. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited February 2020
    Mordred said:
    EJ accts cant break barrels, but I agree, idoc guy can bring his horde (I have seen up to 8 gargoyles etc) and auto follow the barrel breakers with script hoover running.

He wont even need pack animals as we break the barrels for him, like chopping wooden containers. Now his script will pick up what's "on the list". so up to 10 chars, with 125 items capacity each, WOW. that works wonders for him. 

So the only thing he will have to change is looting to backpack instead of pack horse

In fact, anyone running 3rd party script looters will just run around, run up to the barrels that break and hoover up loot before the wrestler can grab it.

IT WONT WORK
    Newsflash.  EJ accounts can not remove items from containers.

If someone wants to pay for 10 accounts then they can loot all they want with them. 

Also says pets are not allowed in the area.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • 1. will people be able to attack while inside the "barrel area"
          a. If so how can i defend myself if i have to be weaponless to break barrels
          b. if not you just ruined fel idocs one of the last places to get good pvp

2. How will house placing work?
         a. same? what if barrels and fence are still there when house becomes open?

3. will wrestling, tactics, swing speed, hit chance,  dex, stam, str, int, etc have any effect on barrel smashing?

4. will packing the contents of a overloaded house cause major lag issues? How are you going to test this on test center a place where most houses are empty. Especially houses with not only a lot of items but very heavy items like rubble or resources.

5. Will OSI houses actually go through the entire decay process for the second time as most do not as of now. 

6. will grubbers still spawn? or any monsters that do damage?

7. How does this help solve the massive BOT problem?  This seems significantly easier. 

8. Will barrel loot fall to ground or into backpack?  
         a. if more than one person is hitting a barrel who gets the loot?

In summary i think there a lot of things that need to be tested severely however i dont think its possible to test some of them on test center. As much as i like the idea of a new idoc system i dont think this was thought out very well. 

Personally, I would keep idocs the same but make monsters spawn when house drops. Monster level being relative to house contents. 

• GraceGrace Posts: 145
    edited February 2020

Personally, I would keep idocs the same but make monsters spawn when house drops. Monster level being relative to house contents. 

I am hoping the barrels are Monsters!

Other non typical monsters do damage in the game...

7. How does this help solve the massive BOT problem?  This seems significantly easier. 

Hehe, it doesn't. It absolutely will make things significantly easier. Instead of their current scripts scavenging all shards 24/7 on multiple characters in each facet to find IDOCS and tuning their looter for specific items, abusing EJ pack animals, etc. etc. all they have to do is script punching barrels. This change is actually just handing IDOCs on a silver platter to the IDOCers. 

Mark my word if this change is implemented IDOCs will be even worse than they are now. Seriously it's actually impressive Broadsword was able to concoct such a bad idea.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    Please use the feedback thread.  Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.