How to make money now

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,096
    edited January 2020
    I have no problem with this so called gap in PvM.  @popps how many times do I tell you the same thing.  There are very few looted weapons that are better than a crafted weapon that fits the players template.  I would like a bump in crafting armor but that is just the greediness in me.  All my dexxers use crafted pieces with looted pieces.
    @popps you just do not know how to craft and build a suit. Please stop acting like you do.

I also have 0 Cameos, I have the other type slayer talisman but I don't use it because I craft slayer weapons and use EoO so I already do max damage for the weapon.

The only armor I buy is arties like, Cuffs, Britches, Gauntlets..  You do not need those immediately, you can understand the mechanics of the game and then add stuff like that.  Other than those, the most I have paid for a piece of armor is 10M.

I'd bet @PlayerSkillFTW ; could take the most basic suit and because of his skill, he could do everything he does now.  Returners need to learn the techniques of playing UO more than they need a bought suit.  When damaged you can always walk away or invis until you are ready to try again.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • monkgamermonkgamer Posts: 100
    edited January 2020
    i know you dont need any of these things..i can stick to my provo mage and have lots of fun.

but its unfair of you to say i dont need these thibgs so e erything is fine..no..this is a game. everyone should have a reasonable chance to experience the game and its hifh end content as well as have access to the things to finish maxing out a character like power scrolls.

i really dont even want this arguement because no obe has a right to tell others how to play pr what they should get from it.

its not greedy to want things ib the game. even if i asked what to fsrm to afford a castle..theres zero reason to judge someone for wanting something in the game and should be ashamed of yourselves if you truly feel its wrong.

i didnt even ask for free stuff..i CLEARLY asked how people make mobey these days. i dont see why thats a hard question to a swer. 

• FortisFortis Posts: 410
    Seriously @monkgamer do not join our guild uwf on atlantic...youre attitude is really bad...you want all stuff in the first week you come back really? Power scroll are damn easy to collect you can do champion spawn with 100 skills cap yeah and crafted stuff...the roof for cameo there is always people wants to group to do the roof...almost afk if want damn easy to do when you will wait couples days to read or to learn mechanics...ok i stop there...the only stuff crazy to get are pvp stuff 9-14 mods that doesn t drop anymore and only usefull for pvp perfectionnist...you can still kill 3\4 of them if you are good at playing
    edited January 2020
    how is my attitude bad? i asked how people make money now and i get attacked and advised i dont need money to have fun..like i dont know that.

YOUR attitude is bad. actually norhing has changed uo is full of..i dont know and dont care.

jeeze people i took all of your suggestions. but wgen people started saying its somehow BAD to want things..i lost it.

i dont even know what tp say. you all acting like i asked for immediate satisfaction all i asked is how to make money.

im going back to see how i can solo end game stuff. 

or better yet ill just play my provo mage til my month is up and leave again.

I really can't stand this system, where only certain people get to continue to advance their characters, its one of the changes that made me leave Uo in the first place. Actually, I am very suprised that Broadsword  hasn't changed a lot of the dumb ideas that were implemented before that clearly destroyed the game.

edited January 2020
    yes i was honest..i cant stand a system where only certain people get to experience the game. i shpuldnt have to move servers just to do champ spawns to farm what i need so i askwe how to buy it.

i never said change it. i CLEARLY said in willing to work within that system. 

when a powrrscroll os 50 mil and you babies attack me cause i asked how to make the gold to pay for that..then its clear the hostility that abounds here.

i left cause uo was nerfing the solo players too much.

classic uo players attacking e eryone and lieing saying i want all that stuff in a week LOL you LIAR i NEVER SAID THAT
    edited January 2020
    Do shrine battles event presently you can get one tabar per toon...really easy to get people always said in general active shrines they sell for 40-50 mil per so 5 toon you will have 200-240 mil in a week ....have done it with my smith so if there is a group there really easy just hit the captains with few hits
  • Urge said:
    Every single one of us started with an agenda and 1k gold.

I started with 100 Gold. Lol. They later bumped it up to 1k Gold.
    @monkgamer ; Unless you came back with items that are worth a lot of gold, you are starting at nothing.  T Chests have a lot of gold. Kill the same mobs over and over makes you gold.  
    You will not be getting tens of millions in a week. 

You need some Gold to have fun and Play UO.  You need a lot of Gold to have stuff.
    Others are going to give you needed items. Some of us sell things, some of us Collect things.
    Those who Collect will provide.  Meet others and play.

Reselling items the best way to make a lot of Gold.  But, you have to have something to start with.
    It is also a lot of work.

A Bard/Mage works with group. Have Fun.

i really truly mean no harm i probably should  have explained my paragraph better.  i was a tad frustrated cause i knew i needed to create a solo char to experience ebd game cause noone is on legends. so i looked at sampure or tamer. both of which put the builds with 120 skills.

so i see the prices. 

so then i knew i had to farm gold amd a lot of it to fet powerscrolls to build one of those solo chars because i cant solo champ spawns as a provoker mage.

so i came here..asked how tp make money and wrote probably worse than i wanted that i feel the game should have scrapped the grouping idea since theres jo groups to do these end game ecents and that now..to get powerscrolls i need..i need to farm 100s of millions.

i apogize if i came off wro g in anyway. i just want to start on the right track and work towards getting what i need

I have more fun playing with a group than I do soloing the same stuff over and over.

I think the majority says, find a place where you fit. Have fun. Then worry about getting more.
    UO is a big place.
    I get that, but there's no where to fit in at legends lol.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Legends has a sort of hidden community. They're good people once they warm up to you and come out of hiding. 

Like I said your best bet is Atl to get built then xfer off if you wish. 

There are numerous people that help new/returns. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,946
    Fortis said:
    Seriously @ monkgamer do not join our guild uwf on atlantic...youre attitude is really bad...you want all stuff in the first week you come back really? Power scroll are damn easy to collect you can do champion spawn with 100 skills cap yeah and crafted stuff...the roof for cameo there is always people wants to group to do the roof...almost afk if want damn easy to do when you will wait couples days to read or to learn mechanics...ok i stop there...the only stuff crazy to get are pvp stuff 9-14 mods that doesn t drop anymore and only usefull for pvp perfectionnist...you can still kill 3\4 of them if you are good at playing
    .....the roof for cameo there is always people wants to group to do the roof...

Please, correct me if I am wrong....

My understanding is, that loot drops go to the highest damager.

In such a case, "who" can we expect to do the most damage and, thus, get the drop, the experienced players with an expensive, top notch Suit or the new/returning player with a "patched up", cheap suit ?

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    popps said:
    Fortis said:
    Seriously @ monkgamer do not join our guild uwf on atlantic...youre attitude is really bad...you want all stuff in the first week you come back really? Power scroll are damn easy to collect you can do champion spawn with 100 skills cap yeah and crafted stuff...the roof for cameo there is always people wants to group to do the roof...almost afk if want damn easy to do when you will wait couples days to read or to learn mechanics...ok i stop there...the only stuff crazy to get are pvp stuff 9-14 mods that doesn t drop anymore and only usefull for pvp perfectionnist...you can still kill 3\4 of them if you are good at playing
    .....the roof for cameo there is always people wants to group to do the roof...

Please, correct me if I am wrong....

My understanding is, that loot drops go to the highest damager.

In such a case, "who" can we expect to do the most damage and, thus, get the drop, the experienced players with an expensive, top notch Suit or the new/returning player with a "patched up", cheap suit ?

You are wrong. Anyone can get a drop in roof as long as you can open the corpse - you have a chance. I got a cameo once just by healing pets.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    For what it’s worth, here is my two cents:

UO has a lot of content to fit many, many play styles.  While everyone my be able to find a niche doing things they enjoy, not all play styles are equal in terms of how profitable they are in the UO economy.  The simple truth is that a provocation mage build just isn’t going to be a very profitable template, particularly if much of your game time is spent in solo play.

I think your instinct that you need to retool some characters is spot on.  The piece I think you’ve miscalculated is the more urgent need for these high end items to do it.  That is a misconception if you ask me.

My advice, build yourself a gm skill sampire.  It costs very little to train, but does take some time.

100 Swords
    100 Tactics
    76 Anatomy
    100 Resist
    100 Bushido
    60 Parry
    99 Necro
    85 Chiv

Once your template is built, cobble together a dexxer suit focusing on LMC, DCI, HCI, physical resist, fire resist and stamina increase.  Antique pieces are just fine, and should be very inexpensive to come by.  Then get yourself a soul seeker.  Again, it’s pretty common and should be cheap.  All in, I’m guessing you can gear for 300k or less.

Next... go do a rat spawn in despise.  If you’re worried about pvpers pick a very off peak time till you get quicker with it.  Your weapon and antique gear will take a beating, that’s ok for now.  Expect it to take maybe 45-60 minutes as you get the hang of clustering mobs for whirlwind and learn your limits on casters.  But know that the template above is more than capable of soloing a rat spawn, so if you’re struggling it is your learning curve.

A single rat spawn will drop about 250k gold (which should recoup your initial suit investment) and give you 6 power scrolls.  Low scrolls (110-115) that are useful for a sampire I would eat (swords, tactics, bushido, resist, anatomy).  120 scrolls you can choose to use immediately or sell to pad your bank balance.  Eventually, as you raise skills, you will want a soul stone to swap between 120 anatomy OR 120 resist on your template.

Do around 4 rat spawns a week and you’ll make 1 million gold, 24 power scrolls, and a good dozen or so mastery scrolls per week.

When you’re not doing spawns I would be retooling your mage to be some sort of tamer variant.  My initial thought since you already have music would be a disco tamer mage with an AI/Chiv Cu.
    Merus said:

UO has a lot of content to fit many, many play styles.  While everyone my be able to find a niche doing things they enjoy, not all play styles are equal in terms of how profitable they are in the UO economy.  The simple truth is that a provocation mage build just isn’t going to be a very profitable template, particularly if much of your game time is spent in solo play.

I think your instinct that you need to retool some characters is spot on.  The piece I think you’ve miscalculated is the more urgent need for these high end items to do it.  That is a misconception if you ask me.

My advice, build yourself a gm skill sampire.  It costs very little to train, but does take some time.

100 Swords
    100 Tactics
    76 Anatomy
    100 Resist
    100 Bushido
    60 Parry
    99 Necro
    85 Chiv

Once your template is built, cobble together a dexxer suit focusing on LMC, DCI, HCI, physical resist, fire resist and stamina increase.  Antique pieces are just fine, and should be very inexpensive to come by.  Then get yourself a soul seeker.  Again, it’s pretty common and should be cheap.  All in, I’m guessing you can gear for 300k or less.

Next... go do a rat spawn in despise.  If you’re worried about pvpers pick a very off peak time till you get quicker with it.  Your weapon and antique gear will take a beating, that’s ok for now.  Expect it to take maybe 45-60 minutes as you get the hang of clustering mobs for whirlwind and learn your limits on casters.  But know that the template above is more than capable of soloing a rat spawn, so if you’re struggling it is your learning curve.

A single rat spawn will drop about 250k gold (which should recoup your initial suit investment) and give you 6 power scrolls.  Low scrolls (110-115) that are useful for a sampire I would eat (swords, tactics, bushido, resist, anatomy).  120 scrolls you can choose to use immediately or sell to pad your bank balance.  Eventually, as you raise skills, you will want a soul stone to swap between 120 anatomy OR 120 resist on your template.

Do around 4 rat spawns a week and you’ll make 1 million gold, 24 power scrolls, and a good dozen or so mastery scrolls per week.

When you’re not doing spawns I would be retooling your mage to be some sort of tamer variant.  My initial thought since you already have music would be a disco tamer mage with an AI/Chiv Cu.
    @Merus

Low scrolls (110-115) that are useful for a sampire I would eat (swords, tactics, bushido, resist, anatomy). 
    I apologize for the hijack but I have a question about that suggestion which you gave.

You mention Anatomy as of utility to a Sampire.

Pretty much most of the players I asked to, have told me over and over that Anatomy is a waste of points on a Sampire because Damage Increase and other modifiers can very well make it up for the lack of Anatomy points.

That is, at least this is what I understood so far, it is better for a Sampire to use those skill points in some other skills and compensate the lack for Anatomy with modifiers on the suit.

Therefore, when I read your suggestion it confused me.

Could you please explain why a Sampire would get utility from investing skill points into Anatomy ? All the way to 120 Legendary Anatomy ?

Rather then sending you a private message about it. I thought to post here so that also others could get help and advice from these suggestions and discussions, especially new and returning players who often wonder what would be the best set up for a template as well as gear.

Thanks !

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    popps said:
    Merus said:

100 Swords
    100 Tactics
    76 Anatomy
    100 Resist
    100 Bushido
    60 Parry
    99 Necro
    85 Chiv

@ Merus

Low scrolls (110-115) that are useful for a sampire I would eat (swords, tactics, bushido, resist, anatomy). 
    I apologize for the hijack but I have a question about that suggestion which you gave.

You mention Anatomy as of utility to a Sampire.

Pretty much most of the players I asked to, have told me over and over that Anatomy is a waste of points on a Sampire because Damage Increase and other modifiers can very well make it up for the lack of Anatomy points.

That is, at least this is what I understood so far, it is better for a Sampire to use those skill points in some other skills and compensate the lack for Anatomy with modifiers on the suit.

Therefore, when I read your suggestion it confused me.

Could you please explain why a Sampire would get utility from investing skill points into Anatomy ? All the way to 120 Legendary Anatomy ?

Rather then sending you a private message about it. I thought to post here so that also others could get help and advice from these suggestions and discussions, especially new and returning players who often wonder what would be the best set up for a template as well as gear.

Thanks !

Take your sampire down to fight a harrower with 120 anatomy or without it and see which hits harder.  Then answer your own question.
    Hey Merus,

Thank you very much, that was some great info! I already made a tamer on atlantic using a mythic token LOL but I am definately going to work a sampire as well and take your advice. Ill keep my provo mage on legends because I still do enjoy provoking things, its fun gameplay.

monkgamer said:
    Hey Merus,

Thank you very much, that was some great info! I already made a tamer on atlantic using a mythic token LOL but I am definately going to work a sampire as well and take your advice. Ill keep my provo mage on legends because I still do enjoy provoking things, its fun gameplay.

I may have a spare pet on Atlantic.  What time Central, might you intend to play.
    edited January 2020
    thanks pawain..i play a bit late around 10pm to 1am cst
    Perfect.  Keep playing.  I will PM you here and see what you need in a few days.  You may get things from that guild and not need much.  I have a Cu and a Triton that you could take.  Need High Seas and GM Taming for the Triton.
  • If you intend to solo champs i wouldn't make the Sampire on Atlantic unless you intend join an established pvp guild.  Atlantic champs are watched 24/7 and it would be difficult for a solo player to get one done without conflict.  Definitely do this on a less populated shard if you plan to solo.

Welcome back to the game and good luck in your endeavors! 

• KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited February 2020
    For the fighter classes (paladin, warrior, etc.), running around solo and doing content is enough to make some decent gold - but not from the gold you loot... is from the resources you gather.

Get enough for a house, plant a vendor, and sell Imbuing resources you get from hunting. Get these resources from the Abyss or around Ter Mur - check your shard's going rates and drop your price by 5-10%. People will buy you out, but if you do it, you will easily make some serious gold and become a resource that others will count on. 

Also, those armor pieces most people leave behind? They are worth gold!!! I sell "decent" armor at 500gp each. I don't care if it is Legendary or just something "nice" - people want different things, and pricing them cheap means they will buy. If armor doesn't sell in a month, I either trash for clean up points, or unravel for resources, or smelt for base. It all has value in the end, and other players will buy if you price right and pay attention to the market on your shard.

This is exactly what I do. I'm a "pure paladin" who doesn't use masteries. I do runs through dungeons, collect resources, and put them on my vendors. I started doing the Abyss _a lot_ since last June, and I just set up a NewMag commodity vendor for petals and bulk resources.

Now, I spend a lot as I am a collector and run a museum so I tend to buy things from other shards, especially items that belong on Pac or Napa. But my average bank balance is 50mil, give or take 5mil. At peak I had 2plat right before the holidays - but buying up things from other shards kinda ate into that. You will start to enjoy the content, make gold for the scrolls and such you want, and slowly get into the so called "end game content" - which really doesn't exist. ANYoNE can run through the Abyss - might die a lot, but can still run through. 
    ;)

Resources, especially if you have a lot of crafters on your shard, is how you start to really build your golden egg. Vendor Search is a boon for the solo player who can provide resources, and people need the resources to imbue those suits... they pay well.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Kirthag said:

Get enough for a house, plant a vendor, and sell Imbuing resources you get from hunting. Get these resources from the Abyss or around Ter Mur - check your shard's going rates and drop your price by 5-10%. People will buy you out, but if you do it, you will easily make some serious gold and become a resource that others will count on. 

Also, those armor pieces most people leave behind? They are worth gold!!! I sell "decent" armor at 500gp each. I don't care if it is Legendary or just something "nice" - people want different things, and pricing them cheap means they will buy. If armor doesn't sell in a month, I either trash for clean up points, or unravel for resources, or smelt for base. It all has value in the end, and other players will buy if you price right and pay attention to the market on your shard.

Resources, especially if you have a lot of crafters on your shard, is how you start to really build your golden egg. Vendor Search is a boon for the solo player who can provide resources, and people need the resources to imbue those suits... they pay well.
    There are so many imbuing vendors though. 

That armor you sell for cheap is also worth a LOT of cleanup points and those dyes still sell for a good bit. The antique will unravel for relics, essence and residue for future personal use. 

If you're going to vendor, pick a specialty little to none else do or something so high in demand it won't matter. 

Trade routes using moongates give a ton of SOTS and are very easy. 

• PolarisPolaris Posts: 106
    edited February 2020
    monkgamer said:
    i am unsure how to make the millions i need to buy power scrolls and gear.
    There are not many places to "grind out" gold really any more. Some of the better places would be perhaps Tsuki Wolves, up on the road northeast of Homare-Jima moongate. If you have a good pet and are capable of hiding quite well (ride a Cu, get off, all kill, invis)... you can perhaps take on Miasma pretty well also after your pet is trained up to lvl 5. Miasma gives quite a bit of gold and respawns in about 10 seconds. You cannot pull more then two Tsuki Wolves at once, and they give about 1k gold each roughly. And at Miasma... it can be difficult, you have to Lure away all of the other monsters and sometimes quickly kill a random Minotaur thingy that walks up. If Reptalons come close to Miasma, lure them away far.... it can be dangerous for sure.

Most people make their gold from current events to be honest. Right now, you can get up to 7 tabards (one for each character) per shard. You may have to go to a more populated shard, but you can make fresh characters on Atlantic in a few days, and join a group to get 1. One of those alone will get you 40-50m at the moment. Those are very easy to get in groups.... people will say they are opening "Valor" or "Honor" shrine in gen chat.... just have a rune marked for the 8 shrines (or whichever 1 you are going for) and recall to it. You have to kill 9 captains at a particular shrine in total... and drop 1 mysterious fragment on the ground of that virtue's color. (Mysterious fragments can be bought on VS for about 25k each.)

People on Atlantic are always doing things like "net tosses" where you can help kill Scalis and get armor. Shadowguard can be daunting...  you would have to join a guild like LLTS or UWF on Atlantic.

Friends are your.... friends. :D :D You kind of have to team up to get started on some things. I don't know which guilds are which though. On Pacific, you could join RAW, the realm of ancient warriors or HoFD, House of Flying Daggers. Those are the only two shards I am familiar with.

As for a castle.... I am a rares collector and have tons of rares, but have never even wanted to own a castle or a keep. Far too much gold and not as fun as the 18x18's personally. You can build you a 18x18 on most shards anywhere you want, and get a nice bay for boats.... or a forest or a mountain area for looks. The customization for the 18x18's is far superior than the static design for the keeps/castles. You'll find that way more fun. Just a heads up, most players have migrated to Atlantic for at least half of their play time. On other shards, you will definitely want to guild up.... or hang out around New Haven, Britain mint, or most importantly..... Luna mint. Luna is the main go to for all things on every shard. It is where you will see most people, most vendors, and most meet ups / gates for good things.

Take care and have fun for sure! Try to get on Atlantic and get you a tabbard or two! Sell those on Atlantic, buy everything you need..... and then either buy you a transfer token from the UO store.... or make a new post asking if someone can transfer items for you back home. Do not trust anyone, make a separate post if you ever need to ask for such. I am sure people will tell you who and who not to trust. Take care, and Good Luck and Good Hunting!
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited February 2020
    Urge said:
    There are so many imbuing vendors though. 

That armor you sell for cheap is also worth a LOT of cleanup points and those dyes still sell for a good bit. The antique will unravel for relics, essence and residue for future personal use. 

Oh, I know there are.... and I price myself lower than them so they buy from me. I'm like the shard wholesaler!

It really depends on the shard's individual economy. I would never sell resources on ATL... but on Pac I do pretty well. And is not just imbuing resources, is also leathers, ingots, and other items. I keep my vendors stocked, and it took time, but people buy from me regularly.

And lo! All that armor people leave behind on their hunts! Sometimes I don't even kill a mob myself, I just follow behind and loot what people leave. Sometimes, I make more in points and ingots/leather in a night than I would hunting for a week. I will go to events not for the drops, but to dry-loot the boss. You'd be amazed by what people leave behind.

Again - depends on the shard...
    Kirthag said:
    For the fighter classes (paladin, warrior, etc.), running around solo and doing content is enough to make some decent gold - but not from the gold you loot... is from the resources you gather.

This is exactly what I do. I'm a "pure paladin" who doesn't use masteries. I do runs through dungeons, collect resources, and put them on my vendors. I started doing the Abyss _a lot_ since last June, and I just set up a NewMag commodity vendor for petals and bulk resources.

Now, I spend a lot as I am a collector and run a museum so I tend to buy things from other shards, especially items that belong on Pac or Napa. But my average bank balance is 50mil, give or take 5mil. At peak I had 2plat right before the holidays - but buying up things from other shards kinda ate into that. You will start to enjoy the content, make gold for the scrolls and such you want, and slowly get into the so called "end game content" - which really doesn't exist. ANYoNE can run through the Abyss - might die a lot, but can still run through. 
    ;)

@Kirthag

This is exactly what I do. I'm a "pure paladin" who doesn't use masteries.
    May I ask if there is any particular reason as to why not use Masteries ?
  • jadavjadav Posts: 25
    you have 2 options, if u want to score the big jackpot in UO.
    Route 1,
    Tritons.
    Get 2 boats with cannons, supplies etc etc.
    Have 1 char with mysticism, magery to deal with spawn.
    Beacons spawns in 2 areas, have a ship in each.
    Open 4-5 accounts. (game time code for a month is around 100mill)
    locate beacon, kill spawn.
    Recall in all chars, and have them shoot one time with the cannon.
    You get 1 big martime cargo pr char. you need 14 for 1 triton.
    tritons sells for 20mill++ on atl.

Route 2.
    Tabards.
    Train gm magery, gm eval int. on atlantic server.
    Make a runebook with all shrines, and the hand in place.
    Get the amulet, you dont need to do the quest, make sure u buy the human one. (around 5mill)
    Make a decent suit, with SDI.
    Buy 24 fragments, they usually on sale for 20k or less.
    recall to the shrine u have frags for.
    dump 8 fragments
    mass spam in gen chat, shrine XXX popped need help.
    Mass heal people and their pets, shoot some spells at the captain, and u get loot rights.
    Do that shrine 3 times, sell tabard for 40ish mill.
    Buy 2 soulstone fragments or full tokens.
    stone off magery, eval.
    make new char, stone skill over to new char.
    lock dex, mana vamp yourself for like 20min so stats go up.
    start new shrine....
    Do this for all 7 chars.
    After a week u delete all chars, and start over, u can also xfer used chars to other shards, if u have shard shields.

There is a 3rd route, but i keep that one for myself :)
    Good luck, i hope u get rich :)
    Tabard idea is good. I buy 110 magery scroll. Lock magery at 100. Find a +10 mage ring. You fail at EVs at lot less