Publish 107 - Jolly Roger Release 2

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
For discussion/bugs for testing release number 2!

• Updated Mannequin
  • Shrine Battles

Comments

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited October 2019
    I noticed Mannequin is on the Cleanup NPC for 1k points. Will this be for live release also? I would be thrilled to see these added to the cleanup reward system, but I do think they would need to have a considerably higher point value.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited October 2019
    Initial Impression is that I LOVE this! If you want to build a suit to account for protection spell, or being cursed, etc, it is really helpful to see the actual resists on the suit instead of seeing the 70 cap if you equip it. That alone is a major bonus for this mannequin update! A few quibbles tho... I am by far NOT an expert on such things, but a couple things I noticed:

The resists show a cap of 0

Mana Increase and Stamina Increase show a cap of 25, but I believe that cap only applies to Hit Point Increase?

It took me a while to notice the little arrow at the top of the window to scroll to the next page of info. Maybe some text next to the arrow would be helpful.

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited October 2019
    Still at work (why do you torture me like this, Kyronix?)

but I have some initial feedback regarding the shine battles armor drops.

out of the past 5 armor type drops:kotl, doom, cult, enchanted and 20th anniversary (included because it was unique), all but kotl were unique unobtainable through any dyes/dye tub sets.

This set’s, like kotl’s, color is obtainable from the  various Metallic dye tubs. Hue 2652

Suggestion: throw a bone to the players who were disappointed by lack of Halloween dungeon and set collecting by giving this set an otherwise unobtainable color.

for reference:
    kotl 2591
    doom 2301
    cult 2745
    enchanted 1171

This color would have made a great new color for bones in the graveyard though.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited October 2019
    Mannequin Upgade:

The stat sheets are complete for what they can do.

We need to be able to set these values on the mannequin:

1. The values of skills that we want to test. (just the ones that affect stats on the sheet) Ex: Weapon skill, Anatomy, Parry etc.

2. The base Stats we want to use for Str, Dex, Intel.

This will allow the mannequin to accurately calculate the Damage range and other helpful info. Plus we can see the actual HP, Stamina, Mana.  (could toss in a final weapon speed number if you want with Parry and DCI)

Thanks!  A real test Mannequin would help many players!

Shrine Battles:

As stated above, armor needs a unique color. There are many players who collect Armor Sets from events.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 145
    Re: Shrine Battles

I only had time to do one shrine on this but it was great fun and a challenge!

They throw just about everything at you and really make you have to be engaged.

Not sure if one drop from doing the whole thing solo, on one account, with the time involved
    is so good though.

Will play with it more as soon as I can. 

• ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    edited October 2019

I'm using Enhanced Client

Mannequin

1. Can the menu be scalable? It's hard to read and the numbers are small
    2. Is there a way to quickly remove all items on the mannequin besides redeeding?
    3. If I update the suit on the mannequin by removing it from the paperdoll, will it update
    the stats in the menu or will we need to select view suit stats again?
    4. Use Transparent Gump is grayed out, is this not usable for EC?
    5. When viewing suit stats with selected item -- I notice only resists that are gained show
    up as green, but not other stats such as Defence Chance Increase, Stamina Regeneration, however it does show the negative red numbers for the decrease in those stats.

I did try to solo the Shrine battle, lol. Needless to say that didn't go to well, I did the spirituality shrine:

I clicked the orb and lots of monsters spawned altogether to the right of the shrine. I was doing okay until the Fey (yellow named) mage showed up and kept killing me, and spawning more monsters.
    Also, I wasn't able to put the pet on it. I assumed it's not killable until you kill everything else, but it's extremely hard to do that when you can't get away from it to kill the other monsters. :p

Otherwise, it's all very cool additions the mannequin is very nice to have and I hope I can obtain one without too many points as I've just returned. I like that they're 1000 points on the cleanup.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Shrine Battles
    For those familiar, it is essentially Blackthorn Captains. They are a good challenge, but vary wildly in difficulty. You must kill all the lesser spawn around a Master before the master becomes vulnerable (lesser here is subjective depending on the Master type. It can be as easy as water/file elementals, or as hard as several bone daemons, on top of the paragon speed invulnerable master chasing you).

I like the challenging content, but I also regularly farm Blackthorn Captains, so I am familiar with the mechanics of each captain already.

My main concern is the drop frequency for the difficulty involved. I did 8 Masters on TC and received 6 drops. This was done solo, so I am guessing the credit would be split between multiple people, resulting in even fewer drops. Maybe the drop rate isn't fine tuned yet, but I would suggest looking into it before going live. (Compare this to actual Blackthorn Captains, and I would have received 16 Minax artifacts).

My other concern will be for casual players that just want to experience the game content. These Masters can be quite rough for a lot of people. It definitely will encourage grouping up to do them, but if the drop rate isn't increased, I could see people avoiding the content all together.

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

A lot of fragments out there! I foresee every shrine busy if that is what will start the Shrine Battles.

• OkamiOkami Posts: 61
    edited October 2019
    Hooray, more invulnerable mobs surrounded by spawn that is capable of doing triple digit damage which is pretty much unplayable unless you're a sampire or a tamer.

To Clarify.  What you upgraded on the mannequins is A+ 

I would like a clicky that leads you to a Stats and skills gump.  Player can input base stats and skills click ok. Then a new stat sheet appears with the basics along with weapon ticks...1.5   1.75.  and the parry chance thats on the shield.

So we can tailor a suit to fit to current stats or adjust our stats to fit a suit.

This would allow players to better understand how Stamina affects swing speed or how Strength affects damage. Along with the other skills.

I think it would create more interest in crafting and building suits. And more players understanding how skills affect weapon damage.  
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    edited October 2019
    Re: The Shrine Battles

We are trying not to spoil the associated event with the Shrine Battles by giving TOO many details, but something I want to mention.  The "Fellowship" drops are collectible and won't be turned in for anything.  We heard your feedback regarding them being left out of Halloween and wanted to provide an alternate path to acquire them.  We can also definitely have another look at the hue for the drops.

So then - what are you doing the Shrine Battles for?  Your participation in the shrine battles will allow you to claim 2 different rewards.  Both rewards are new pieces of equipment, and one of those rewards you will be able to use a Hawkwind's Robe to transfer the stats to it.  More details and testing of this process will come once we have sufficient testing data on the process of fighting.  

Thanks for testing and the great feedback so far!
    edited October 2019
    Khyro said:
    Shrine Battles
    For those familiar, it is essentially Blackthorn Captains. They are a good challenge, but vary wildly in difficulty. You must kill all the lesser spawn around a Master before the master becomes vulnerable (lesser here is subjective depending on the Master type. It can be as easy as water/file elementals, or as hard as several bone daemons, on top of the paragon speed invulnerable master chasing you).

I like the challenging content, but I also regularly farm Blackthorn Captains, so I am familiar with the mechanics of each captain already.

I thought this was the case, the only spawns I can remember atm was around four Cu Sidhes, several Terathan warriors and drones, a plague beast, the master and I forget the rest.
    Kyronix said:

We are trying not to spoil the associated event with the Shrine Battles by giving TOO many details, but something I want to mention.  The "Fellowship" drops are collectible and won't be turned in for anything.  We heard your feedback regarding them being left out of Halloween and wanted to provide an alternate path to acquire them.  We can also definitely have another look at the hue for the drops.

So then - what are you doing the Shrine Battles for?  Your participation in the shrine battles will allow you to claim 2 different rewards.  Both rewards are new pieces of equipment, and one of those rewards you will be able to use a Hawkwind's Robe to transfer the stats to it.  More details and testing of this process will come once we have sufficient testing data on the process of fighting.  

Thanks for the additional information!

I guess it depends how many shrine battles someone would have to do before they get enough credit to get those items. I know you don't want to give too many details, so I will give some thoughts below on a couple different scenarios.

If they only need to do 1-2 battles, then I think the current fights are acceptable as most people will probably be able to tag along to a group event or have someone help them with them. Even if they have to do each shrine once (so 8 battles total), I think it is probably still OK, assuming there is a decent amount of time to complete them.

However, If you need to grind on shrines to earn enough points towards the rewards, then the difficulty may need to be adjusted so more casual players can complete it. Maybe freeze the Master in place while they are invulnerable, and then let them run around once they become attackable? Just one thought.

As for the Fellowship drops -- thank you for adding these! We definitely miss our Halloween armor sets, so this will keep certain people very busy (*cough* Violet *cough*). Can you still maybe look at increasing the drop rate even though they are purely decorative? We are looking at probably 150+ different items when you count all the armor types, weapons, and helms out there. That's a lot to collect!
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Please don't make the shrine battles too easy! The robe is a high end item, to change the looks doubly so! 

One or two battles for the high end prize? May as well just make the prize a clicky then.
    edited October 2019
    Kyronix said:

YES!!!!    :D   Maybe our headgear will show up when wearing it.
    Looking forward to this!  Ill need 6.  

Thanks for listening!  Make the mannequin perfect on this upgrade please.

edited October 2019
    Grace said:
    Please don't make the shrine battles too easy! The robe is a high end item, to change the looks doubly so! 

One or two battles for the high end prize? May as well just make the prize a clicky then.

I think he meant 1 battle is defeating guardians at all 8 Shrines.  Casual players may have trouble defeating 8 Captain groups.  Most players have never defeated one Captain.  These changers should not cost 150M in 6 months.
    edited October 2019
    I was able to test out the shrine battles tonight in a small group (3 people). We did 6 masters total.

Regarding the fellowship armor drops, one problem I see right off the bat is that it appears that only the top contributor gets the drop. If you do this with anyone other yourself, it will be very hard to get drops.
    Combine this with the varying difficulty of the masters and this content has the potential to leave a lot of people out.

Top contributor can also open it up to potential griefing by having more capable characters come in and attack masters that someone with lower damage is trying to kill.

There are also a lot of templates who will not be able to solo captains, so with the drops as is, it may actually discourage grouping up instead.

When we test content, we try to think of how players of all skill levels might approach the content.  We base this on our experience playing with others on various shards, whether they are in our alliance or random pickups.

edited October 2019
    I went to Compassion shrine today, and solo'd it with my triton. The pet isn't fully trained and as far as PS goes he doesn't have any.

Spawn included, liches, ice elementals, red archer, and other mobs. The main Master of the Undead was a mystic.

It took me about 55 mins from start to end and of course could have gone a lot faster if I had word of death, and a fully trained pet. Plus the mystic put my pet to sleep often, but the good news is that he didn't chase me down ruthlessly this time.

During the battle another player came and I told him to join in, he was using a sword but I'm not sure what skills as I couldn't divert my attention. However, as soon as he tried to hit the mystic he would die and after a few times of that he left.

I didn't get any drops, and the loot included 10 of each gems, about 5k in gold, and gear items. The gear was pretty low end at greater magic and lower; I only had 140 luck on.

So the time vs reward  was pretty disappointing, even If there's no drop the loot should be bumped up a notch.

It does look like more ranged characters will fair better and I'm not sure about Sampires because I don't play one yet, but hopefully more testing can be done by other templates.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,318
    edited October 2019
    I've only done 3 of these so far, one with my tamer and two with my archer. The archer did it better, but I may have just had the wrong pet.
    I found it challenging, but easier than in Blackthorn's.  I had to give up on the captains in Blackthorn's, there were just too many of them and the area too restricted to actually get to fight without spending all my time running away from multiple yellow names. I was 70 arties into a plan to get a robe, but I don't think I'll ever get the other 30.
    For the Shrines, the larger and less cluttered areas make it far more feasible to avoid the yellow names and attack the red ones.

Something a bit weird happened. I haven't had chance to try to repeat it yet.

I was fighting the boss mob and tried to change mastery. I accessed the context menu on the book, selected change mastery but instead of opening the book menu it opened the paper doll of the mob. I tried several times without success.
  • the stable set is missing the east facing gateway piece you cannot walk through a single gateway piece.

Re: Mannequins

While mannequins are being looked at, is it possible to fix them so they display their weapon/shield on the EC like they do in the CC?

Also, interesting fact. The Virtue Shield appears to be the only shield visible on mannequins in the EC.

The Tokuno Fan weapon does not show up in CC.  At least I cant see it.

Also there are other things.  I forgot which because I took them off the mannequin.
  • DasilvaDasilva Posts: 98
    edited November 2019
    also two of the center stable fences facing each direction is not enough

i had to get 4 stable sets in order to complete my stables and its a small stables for the price we should have plenty of pieces to build it not to mention the fact that they cant be turned either
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I'll go on record saying if this entire High Seas upgrade ends with Blackthorn type battles at the shrines, I will be more than a little disappointed.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • If I wanted to die repeatedly to invulnerable mobs (which, tbh, that whole concept pisses me off) I woulda been doing Blackthorns all along.  Care absolutely nothing about that

• HippoHippo Posts: 266
    Are the old mannequins from past holiday/anni deeds obsolete (read worthless) now? Or will all mannequins have the new abilities?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    Hippo said:
    Are the old mannequins from past holiday/anni deeds obsolete (read worthless) now? Or will all mannequins have the new abilities?
    Updating Mannequins

I assume with a title like that, all the mannequins would have it.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    Violet said:
    I was able to test out the shrine battles tonight in a small group (3 people). We did 6 masters total.

Regarding the fellowship armor drops, one problem I see right off the bat is that it appears that only the top contributor gets the drop. If you do this with anyone other yourself, it will be very hard to get drops.
    Combine this with the varying difficulty of the masters and this content has the potential to leave a lot of people out.

Top contributor can also open it up to potential griefing by having more capable characters come in and attack masters that someone with lower damage is trying to kill.

There are also a lot of templates who will not be able to solo captains, so with the drops as is, it may actually discourage grouping up instead.

When we test content, we try to think of how players of all skill levels might approach the content.  We base this on our experience playing with others on various shards, whether they are in our alliance or random pickups.

Thanks for the feedback - just a note on the drop scheme for these guys (its the same as Blackthorns btw)

When a creature dies we get all the characters on the top contributor list.  We then get a random number between 1 and the total number of contributors.  We'll call that your reward rolls.

For each person on the top contributor list who is alive and on a veteran account they roll for a chance at as many reward rolls as determined as described previously.

So the bigger the group on the top contributor list, the more potential chances EACH top contributor is going to get at the artifacts.  Also remember these are just collectibles, so you won't need to turn them in for anything.
    @Kyronix

Can a group kill a master and get no rewards?

For Masters is the top contributor list considered anyone with looting rights?