Publish 107 - Jolly Roger Release 2

13»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    edited November 2019
    which would require Knight in each of those virtues.

According to the spoiler you posted. There are new titles that we gain. Looks like you use choose the reward while wearing the title you want it to be created with.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    Is there supposed to be a message when the Captains die?
    other than getting a message about gaining fame or message about a drop?
  • JollyJade said:
    Kyronix said:
    The list of top contributors is calculated at death, so you need to be in game when the creature dies in order to roll for your rewards.  If you aren’t there, you don’t roll.
    Kyronix said:
    Currently - yes - 1 reward per character.

Reward will be available once you complete your 8th captain.
    So one spends an hour at a battle, kills 4 captains, rolls 4 times for a reward. Has to drop out after an hour and gets no reward since he is not online when the 8th captain falls.

Will the rewards go to the bank or are they lost?

The way I read it, there is no point in participating unless you are sure you can make it to the end?

Compared to the minax invasions this would be a huge step back. For them you could just jump in, gain one or two artis from spawn or captains and leave as you prefer without finishing the whole lighthouse.
    You missed a quote:

The way it is currently setup you will need to earn a spot on the top contributors list on 8 of the Captains over the course of the entire event in order to gain access to the reward for doing so

So after you did 8 captains in the first couple days, there is no point in participating further in the event?
    There are no rewards/drops given directly when a single shrine battle is finished?
    There are no rewards/drops given directly when a single captain is finished?

Ah well, will see when it comes to prodo I guess..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    There’s a secondary reward you can play for, which has higher completion requirements.  You can also collect the minor artifact drops which will have a brand new hue associated with them.
  • Kyronix said:
    There’s a secondary reward you can play for, which has higher completion requirements.  You can also collect the minor artifact drops which will have a brand new hue associated with them.
    I see rewards and minor artifacts drops are considered different things. Let me rephrase my original question then:

What happens when you earn a spot on the minor arti drop list but leave the game?

That happened a lot with minax invasions and those artis usually just dropped at the ground of the lighthouse or sometimes where a captain died if they even quit mid-captain (I liked the free minax artis though!). The later the night got, the more people had to drop out mid-lighthouse.

Will the minor arti drop go to backpack or is it lost?

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,108Dev
    Same answer - the minor artifact drop is rolled at the time of the mob's death.  If the player object isn't valid at that time (they are dead, no longer a valid object, no longer a veteran account) they don't roll for the minor artifact.

The same is true for getting the terminal quest rewards - we increment your progress on captains at the time the mob dies, so if any of the cases I mention above are true, your progress is not incremented.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    I did damage to a Boss at at EM event last year and logged off before it was dead.  Can the Devs put the Drop in my bank please....

:D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    I did damage to a Boss at at EM event last year and logged off before it was dead.  Can the Devs put the Drop in my bank please....

:D 
    LOL good luck!
  • Input on the Tabards:  I love the colors and overall design; however it would have been a nice touch to have the Symbol for that Virtue on the Tabard as well (ie; Sword on Valor; etc)